[GUIDE][P/Q/R] Working Google Camera/Go Port versions [Redmi 4A]

Search This thread

MaxisMan

Dec 9, 2014
U2RbBAd.png

As we all know, camera quality on non-MIUI custom ROMs is unfortunately subpar. But the Google Camera app ported by developers help alleviate this issue by improving image quality. You can learn more about it here.

rjJtExK.png

Android 9, 10, and 11 ROMs. Might work with <9.0 ROMs but I can't confirm.

B5zh7Ty.png

1. Check if camera2api is already enabled (Most 9/10+ ROMs already have this feature enabled by default so you probably don't have to do this). You can use the Manual Camera Compatibility app (link). If all are green, you can skip step 2. If it's red, contine to the next step.
2. Enable camera2api. There are two ways to do this: manually adding a line in build.prop or by flashing a Magisk module. (link)

3. Install the app. GCam versions from these devs I can confirm working on the 4a (If you do find other versions that work, please do reply below):

Older GCam versions: (less features but more stable)
- scrubber (might not work on newer Android versions)
- arthur

Newer GCam versions: (more features but less stable for the phone)
- Nikita

Google Camera Go: (basically GCam lite)
- Wichaya

Other recommended versions (not all works)

• Features that don't work or buggy:
- Slow Motion (use Nokia Camera or others instead)
- Dark video recording (may depend on ROM/use Camera Go)

FAQ's and Troubleshooting Tips

Last edited:

eternal1404

Jun 24, 2017
Chennai
does auto hdr+ work?
Btw the link for the los 14.1 by carlos is not working . Please provide an alternate link if you have Please.

MaxisMan

Dec 9, 2014
does auto hdr+ work?
Btw the link for the los 14.1 by carlos is not working . Please provide an alternate link if you have Please.
Yup, Auto HDR+ works.
The dev has taken down the download link and I believe he no longer maintains the ROM. You can try other ROMs or this newer build of LOS14.1 by muralivijay: Link

Last edited:
Reactions: eternal1404

ankan005

Apr 27, 2017
Durgapur
Xiaomi Poco X2
U2RbBAd.png

As we all know, camera quality on non-MIUI custom ROMs is unfortunately subpar. But the Google Camera HDR port helps alleviate this issue by improving image quality. You can learn more about it here.

rjJtExK.png

AospExtended ROM V5.6 (17/06)
LineageOS 14.1 (11/10/17) by Carlos Arriaga (link)

B5zh7Ty.png

1. Check if camera2api is already enabled. You can use the Manual Camera Compatibility app (link). If all are green, you can skip step 2. If it's red, contine to the next step.
2. Enable camera2api. There are two ways to do this: manually adding a line in build.prop or by flashing a Magisk module. (link)
3. Download GCam5.1.018-Arnova8G2-V1.2.apk, from here. It's the latest one I could find that has video recording working. (If there are other versions that work, let me know :)

• Recommended settings:
1. Tap the ☰ icon then go to Settings.
2. Select these settings to make HDR+ work:
- Config camera HDR+: Nexus 6 Auto
- Model: Pixel 2XL
- HDR+ parameters: Medium
- Advanced>HDR+ control enabled
3. Close then open the app to apply settings.

• Features that don't work/missing:
- Slow Motion
- 60FPS video recording
- Portrait Mode

IN1Xa3R.png

will update soon

ioqQOob.png

celsoazevedo
ECr34T1v3
kuncogopuncogo
emime12

Cool

MaxisMan

Dec 9, 2014
I've updated the thread to show the GCam versions that work for the Redmi 4A running Android Pie ROMs. If you know helpful fixes or find versions from other developers that works, feel free to post it here (as well as the ROM you're running it on) so that I could add it in the thread. Thanks.

Reactions: Markoz88

Joseph2002

May 21, 2016
Choosing a stable pixel 3 version Google camera

Can anyone help me out in finding the stablest version of Google camera (pixel 3)?
Thanks... In advance

asymcon

Jun 30, 2017
Zabierzów
Sorry to revive this thread, but none of the posted versions is working for me on rolex, with RR Oreo (6.2.0) and enabled camera2api?
Any idea what might be wrong?
All GCams crash on app start. Camera2API is working, showing all green in manual camera compatibility test, and working fine in OpenCamera.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    U2RbBAd.png

As we all know, camera quality on non-MIUI custom ROMs is unfortunately subpar. But the Google Camera app ported by developers help alleviate this issue by improving image quality. You can learn more about it here.

rjJtExK.png

Android 9, 10, and 11 ROMs. Might work with <9.0 ROMs but I can't confirm.

B5zh7Ty.png

1. Check if camera2api is already enabled (Most 9/10+ ROMs already have this feature enabled by default so you probably don't have to do this). You can use the Manual Camera Compatibility app (link). If all are green, you can skip step 2. If it's red, contine to the next step.

3. Install the app. GCam versions from these devs I can confirm working on the 4a (If you do find other versions that work, please do reply below):

Older GCam versions: (less features but more stable)
    - scrubber (might not work on newer Android versions)
    - arthur

Newer GCam versions: (more features but less stable for the phone)
    - Nikita

Google Camera Go: (basically GCam lite)
    - Wichaya

Other recommended versions (not all works)

• Features that don't work or buggy:
    - Slow Motion (use Nokia Camera or others instead)
    - Dark video recording (may depend on ROM/use Camera Go)

FAQ's and Troubleshooting Tips
    does auto hdr+ work?
    Yup, Auto HDR+ works.
    The dev has taken down the download link and I believe he no longer maintains the ROM. You can try other ROMs or this newer build of LOS14.1 by muralivijay: Link
    This version work: GoogleCamera-Pixel2Mod-Arnova8G2-V6.apk

Edit. Video record error.
    I've updated the thread to show the GCam versions that work for the Redmi 4A running Android Pie ROMs. If you know helpful fixes or find versions from other developers that works, feel free to post it here (as well as the ROM you're running it on) so that I could add it in the thread. Thanks.
    Yeah Pixel 3 Gcam Too work in Our Device Modded*

I Used It And Feeling very Happy
    :)