[GUIDE] [A11/A12] [DOLBY ATMOS] [OOS11/12] How to install Dolby Atmos on OOS11/12

Search This thread

dtronics

Sep 10, 2011
exeter
OnePlus 8 Pro
but stable magisk wont work on android 12.
Ah well then you can try installing the module via a recovery like TWRP and see if that works, other than that I'm not sure.

You would either have to wait for a android 12 stable version of magisk or downgrade to android 11 untill OnePlus release a public beta/stable version of Android 12 for our phones

Reactions: bdek

dtronics

Sep 10, 2011
exeter
OnePlus 8 Pro
UPDATE:

Version 6.2 fixes these issues

* Dolby Atmos needs reopening each time you switch audio outputs (Speaker, Bluetooth, Headphones. Just reopen the app and reselect the sound profile you want to use) * Custom EQ settings may sometimes reset

Reactions: ps000000

dangtoi1993

Feb 26, 2016
LG V60 ThinQ
Hi there, im running stock OOS11.
in phone Setting -> Sound: already had Dolby Atmos setting.
Idk if i follow this guide, may i will have something better?

dtronics

Sep 10, 2011
exeter
OnePlus 8 Pro
Hi there, im running stock OOS11.
in phone Setting -> Sound: already had Dolby Atmos setting.
Idk if i follow this guide, may i will have something better?

Hi

Yes you will, the mod will install the full Dolby Atmos app as seen on the razer phones and others. you will need to make sure you run those two commands BEFORE you install the module (you should see it say "using DAUX instead of OPSoundTuner" while it is installing)

janres155

Feb 14, 2013
@dtronics & @reiryuki - it looks like setprop dolby.daxui 1 no longer work the same as before. When I tried to install 7.10 stable the app that is installed was just a shortcut to oneplus sound tuner instead of the separate app UI before.

dtronics

Sep 10, 2011
exeter
OnePlus 8 Pro
@dtronics & @reiryuki - it looks like setprop dolby.daxui 1 no longer work the same as before. When I tried to install 7.10 stable the app that is installed was just a shortcut to oneplus sound tuner instead of the separate app UI before.

Hi @janres155

I too are having this issue and looking into a work around.

To help me further could you let me know the following.

1. Android version
2. Magisk Version
3. Magisk app version
4. OS build (are you using OOS or a 3rd party distro like LineageOS)
5. If using OOS, have you removed the built in dolby atmos sound tuner (
Code:
su pm uninstall --user 0 com.oneplus.sound.tuner
)
6. what version of the module are you using

if you could let us know this then it would help us get to the bttom of the issue

janres155

Feb 14, 2013
Hi @janres155

I too are having this issue and looking into a work around.

To help me further could you let me know the following.

1. Android version
2. Magisk Version
3. Magisk app version
4. OS build (are you using OOS or a 3rd party distro like LineageOS)
5. If using OOS, have you removed the built in dolby atmos sound tuner (
Code:
su pm uninstall --user 0 com.oneplus.sound.tuner
)
6. what version of the module are you using

if you could let us know this then it would help us get to the bttom of the issue

I have managed to get it work by creating a file called optionals.prop, then enter the following and save:

dolby.daxui=1

If cleanup is needed, proceed with terminal command:

setprop dolby.cleanup 1

Then install the module in Magisk. The app should now show after rebooting.

I hope this work as well for you.

dtronics

Sep 10, 2011
exeter
OnePlus 8 Pro
I have managed to get it work by creating a file called optionals.prop, then enter the following and save:

dolby.daxui=1

If cleanup is needed, proceed with terminal command:

setprop dolby.cleanup 1

Then install the module in Magisk. The app should now show after rebooting.

I hope this work as well for you.
ok thanks,

btw where did you create the file to?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Guys

Well after about a year of trying to find a guaranteed way of getting Dolby Atmos to work on OxygenOS 11 i have finally found a way

You will need:

Oneplus 8 Pro
    Magisk
    Termux (or some other terminal)
    Dolby Atmos Magisk Module by @reiyuki

DISCLAIMER: I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE CAUSED TO YOUR PHONE OR DATA AS A RESULT OF FOLLOWING THIS GUIDE.

BY GOING AHEAD WITH THIS YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE WITH THE ABOVE

Guide:

1. Download the Dolby Atmos Module

Android 11 -> https://github.com/reiryuki/Dolby-Atmos-OnePlus-8-Visible-Magisk-Module (Recommend Version 6.2)
    Android 12 -> https://github.com/reiryuki/Dolby-Atmos-Magic-Revision-Magisk-Module (Recommend Version 2.3 BETA 1)

2. Install Termux from the Google Play Store

3. Remove any existing Dolby Atmos mods that you may have install previously (IMPORTANT!!!)

4. Open Termux and type su bash (grant Termux superuser rights if requested)

5. Next you need to run these 2 commands

setprop dolby.daxui 1

setprop dolby.cleanup 1

6. Next install the Dolby Atmos Magisk Module in Magisk and once done reboot

7. Thats it, Dolby Atmos is installed and ready to go

Known Bugs:

On some phones the "setprop dolby.daxui 1" command may not work. to workaround this, create a optionals.prop file in the root of your phone storage (/sdcard or /storage/emulated/0 ) and enter in that file

dolby.daxui 1

save the file and proceed with the install as normal

or

download the file attached and extract it in the root of your phone storage -> Thanks to @janres155 for the tip

* Dolby Atmos needs reopening each time you switch audio outputs (Speaker, Bluetooth, Headphones. Just reopen the app and reselect the sound profile you want to use) -> Fixed in V6.2

* Custom EQ settings may sometimes reset -> Fixed in v6.2

* Booting Android into Safe Mode will remove the Dolby Atmos app and you will have to follow this guide again to get it to work again

* Not working in the ColorOS 12 Open Beta (possible Magisk/Module incompatibility with Android 12)

* On Android 12, installing Dolby Atmos may break fingerprint sensor, hopefully a future update will fix this
    -> Turned out to be caused by Magisk Universal SafetyNet Fix -> Fixed

Thanks;

A huge thanks to the following people (if i miss anyone then please let me know so i can update the list)

@reiryuki - Dolby Atmos Magisk module and commands
    @topjohnwu - Magisk

Any questions then be sure to ask :D

GUIDE LAST UPDATED: 27/08/2022 - Added workaround for Dolby Dax UI not being installed
    setprop dolby.mod.ui 1 is only if you using an extended modded UI app. If you don't have, then no need to run this. Written at "Optionals" at my Dolby github for more info.
    Ok thanks for this, i shall update the OP, those was the commands i used to get it working so i just listed it there just in case :D
    but stable magisk wont work on android 12.
    Ah well then you can try installing the module via a recovery like TWRP and see if that works, other than that I'm not sure.

You would either have to wait for a android 12 stable version of magisk or downgrade to android 11 untill OnePlus release a public beta/stable version of Android 12 for our phones
    UPDATE:

Version 6.2 fixes these issues

* Dolby Atmos needs reopening each time you switch audio outputs (Speaker, Bluetooth, Headphones. Just reopen the app and reselect the sound profile you want to use) * Custom EQ settings may sometimes reset