[GUIDE] Access color-filter through command shell

Search This thread

kevin168

Feb 24, 2008
I am getting this

am start -n com.oneplus.factorymode/.camera.manualtest.CameraManualTest
Starting: Intent { cmp=com.oneplus.factorymode/.camera.manualtest.CameraManualTest }
Warning: Activity not started because the current activity is being kept for the user.

And

adb connect 127.0.0.1
unable to connect to 127.0.0.1:5555: Connection refused
$

Gesendet von meinem IN2023 mit Tapatalk
Warning: Activity not started because the current activity is being kept for the user.

This cause by app being listed as encrypted app.

Simply fixed with editing
/mnt/vendor/persist/engineermode/engineermode_config

encrypt_app=true
encrypt_adb=true

change value "true" to "false"

encrypt_app=false
encrypt_adb=false

Save,reboot,profit ;)

speedlever

Dec 2, 2007
NC
This worked great with my 8 pro on OOS 11.0.11.11 IN11AA until I updated to OOS12 (IN2025_11.C.11).

When I tried to execute the ADB command, I got a type 3 error, whatever that means.

Any chance this option might get updated for OOS12 on the 8 Pro? I'd like to remain unrooted.

Last edited:
Reactions: shahabkhan99

speedlever

Dec 2, 2007
NC
dial *#899# go to camera => camera test
it's working on OOS IN2025_11.C.11 (Android 12)
Yes, that does work for a single shot. I doubt it will survive a reboot like the adb solution presented here works for OOS 11. The dialer solution is a bit cumbersome too. It's not quite a flexible as the ADB version.

So for us non-rooters, I'm hoping some of the wizards here at XDA come up with another ADB solution we can lock in recents.

Rgar

May 20, 2019
Yes, that does work for a single shot. I doubt it will survive a reboot like the adb solution presented here works for OOS 11. The dialer solution is a bit cumbersome too. It's not quite a flexible as the ADB version.

So for us non-rooters, I'm hoping some of the wizards here at XDA come up with another ADB solution we can lock in recents.
I found this solution on Android 12 and OxygenOS 12!

👉

speedlever

Dec 2, 2007
NC
I found this solution on Android 12 and OxygenOS 12!

👉
Thanks for that. I found another way to enable the photo chrome filter by using a GCAM option.

I grabbed LMC 8.4 from the celsoazevedo.com site (Hasli: com.camera.lmc84r7) which is the first option presented when linked from the Telegram GCam hub. I already have Greatness 8.2 snapcam installed, so I couldn't use another snapcam version.

I paired the LMC gcam with XML 2.5 Horus.

You can enable the photo chrome filter on LMC 8.4 by going to additional cameras -> List ID manually, and change ID4 camera from '0' to '4'. The B&W camera option on the main screen becomes the photo chrome filter now and it works fine for still images. However, it crashes when I try to take videos using the B&W option.

The best trick I've found so far has been the ADB trick on OOS11 and locking it in recents. I could do both stills and videos there. But at least I can get still images from the photo chrome filter now.

Reactions: edutchie

m3johan

Sep 17, 2013
Säter
ocv.se
HTC U11+
OnePlus 8 Pro
Thanks for that. I found another way to enable the photo chrome filter by using a GCAM option.

I grabbed LMC 8.4 from the celsoazevedo.com site (Hasli: com.camera.lmc84r7) which is the first option presented when linked from the Telegram GCam hub. I already have Greatness 8.2 snapcam installed, so I couldn't use another snapcam version.

You can enable the photo chrome filter on LMC 8.4 by going to additional cameras -> List ID manually, and change ID4 camera from '0' to '4'. The B&W camera option on the main screen becomes the photo chrome filter now and it works fine for still images. However, it crashes when I try to take videos using the B&W option.

The best trick I've found so far has been the ADB trick on OOS11 and locking it in recents. I could do both stills and videos there. But at least I can get still images from the photo chrome filter now.
Do you get the "correct" colors with gcam and photochrom? My photos turns out with the HUE value inverted (-180°) compared to what is shown on the screen.

IMG_20220506_095718.jpg

Screenshot
Screenshot_2022-05-06-10-31-14-45_92460851df6f172a4592fca41cc2d2e6.jpg

Actual photo

Last edited:

m3johan

Sep 17, 2013
Säter
ocv.se
HTC U11+
OnePlus 8 Pro
Ok, so I managed to get it right. I installed gcam (lmc8.4)
Then I changed the global hue value from 0 to -180.
Global hue is found under: Camera settings -> Processing function -> Color correction -> Auto-CT color correction/ID4 camera and then scroll down to advanced settings.
🙂👍

speedlever

Dec 2, 2007
NC

Attachments

• ☆_12 May 12_50.Horus_v2.5_OP8P (1).jpg
    ☆_12 May 12_50.Horus_v2.5_OP8P (1).jpg
    11.5 MB · Views: 26
  • ☆_12 May 12_50.Horus_v2.5_OP8P.jpg
    ☆_12 May 12_50.Horus_v2.5_OP8P.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 26

rrTp

Jul 5, 2022
Just came here to say that the filter lens is now completely gone on my OnePlus 8 Pro (OxygenOS 12.1 with Android 12).
The adb command gives me :
Starting: Intent { cmp=com.oneplus.factorymode/.camera.manualtest.CameraManualTest } Error type 3 Error: Activity class {com.oneplus.factorymode/com.oneplus.factorymode.camera.manualtest.CameraManualTest} does not exist.
The Open Camera app does not detect the lens either. That was predictable anyway :cry:

I would like to try an apk tho...

speedlever

Dec 2, 2007
NC
Just came here to say that the filter lens is now completely gone on my OnePlus 8 Pro (OxygenOS 12.1 with Android 12).
The adb command gives me :
Starting: Intent { cmp=com.oneplus.factorymode/.camera.manualtest.CameraManualTest } Error type 3 Error: Activity class {com.oneplus.factorymode/com.oneplus.factorymode.camera.manualtest.CameraManualTest} does not exist.
The Open Camera app does not detect the lens either. That was predictable anyway :cry:

I would like to try an apk tho...
check post #246 upthread

Reactions: rrTp

edutchie

Mar 10, 2021

Thank you, this worked for me. I had to flip the "Enable Auto-CT" slider and set the hue to -180 to get the processed photo to match the viewfinder. Make sure White Balance is disabled as well.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I'm running on the 10.5.10.IN11BA build.

Just get a command shell to your OnePlus 8 Pro through adb, no need for the device to be rooted or anything.

Once you get there, just type:
    Code:

It will launch the FactoryMode app and get you directly to the manual camera test view.

Just press the bottom right icon until you get to the color filter.

I have no doubt there is easier and quicker ways to get the same result, maybe through an apk.

Edit:
    As far as I know, this workaround could work on any OnePlus 8 Pro model.

Also, as pointed out by ster88, you also can take videos with the filter, which was not possible with the camera app.
    Launched it without a computer by using ADB from temux
    --no root required
    https://github.com/MasterDevX/Termux-ADB
    *Enable wireless debugging (wireless doesn't actually need to be on)
    Note wireless debugging --takes some time to take effect, sometimes up to 3-5 minutes for me.
    *Run the installer above in termux,
    *Type adb devices
    *Type adb connect 127.0.0.1
    *Accept the trusted key
    *type adb shell

Troubleshooting:
    *If you get an error about multiple devices type adb kill-server
    *type adb devices
    *type adb shell
    *Accept the trusted key

*then paste in: am start -n com.oneplus.factorymode/.camera.manualtest.CameraManualTest
    Did you get any solution for this ?

Launched it without a computer by using ADB from temux
    --no root required
    https://github.com/MasterDevX/Termux-ADB
    *Enable wireless debugging (wireless doesn't actually need to be on)
    Note wireless debugging --takes some time to take effect, sometimes up to 3-5 minutes for me.
    *Run the installer above in termux,
    *Type adb devices
    *Type adb connect 127.0.0.1
    *Accept the trusted key
    *type adb shell

Troubleshooting:
    *If you get an error about multiple devices type adb kill-server
    *type adb devices
    *type adb shell
    *Accept the trusted key

*then paste in: am start -n com.oneplus.factorymode/.camera.manualtest.CameraManualTest

I've made a script that allows you to launch the Camera from your phone by just typing ./camera in Termux. No root needed. It can be found here: https://github.com/lllsondowlll/OP8_Camera/blob/master/README.md
    I tried not working. I used th terminal app from google playstore.

Can u specifically provide which app and where.

And anything to enable on developer mode.

Sure !
    To enable developper mode, go to "Settings > About phone" and tap the "Build number" until they tell you have developper mode enabled.

Then go to "Settings > System > Developper options" and under "Debugging" enable "USB Debugging" and "Wireless ADB Debugging".

Once that is done, on your computer, download the platform-tools, containing adb here :
    Code:
    https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools

Once it is downloaded, go inside it with your command line.
    If you are doing this wirelessly, get your phone IP address and type:
    Code:
    adb connect <your-phone-ip-address>

Then if it worked, to know what the transport id of our device is, type :
    Code:
    adb devices -l

Once you have the transport id, type this to get a shell to your phone:
    Code:
    adb -t <transport-id> shell

You can get more details on how adb works here:
    Code:
    https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/adb

Then when you have access to the shell, just type:
    Code:
    If everything went fine, you should get access to the camera !
    Here is the error from Termux. Hope it can be loaded via apk, not sure if it suffers same restrictions:

$ am start -n com.oneplus.factorymode/.camera.manualtest.CameraManualTest
    Starting: Intent { cmp=com.oneplus.factorymode/.camera.manualtest.CameraManualTest }