Search This thread

jimmy123322

Jun 22, 2015
Moscow
t.me
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Activate VoLTE & VoWIFI on custom/stock ROMs with any Carrier

Yes, yes, I know that this is not the first thread with activation VoLTE and VoWIFI. But my thread will be more convenient and easier to understand.

ATTENTION ! ! ! These methods were only tested with OnePlus 7 Pro. Not 7,8,910 Series.
ONLY
ONEPLUS 7 PRO MODEL ! ! ! So please don't PM me if you haven't OnePlus 7 Pro.

OnePlus devices support all the most modern services that are offered to their subscribers by mobile operators around the world.

This guide is universal method for VoLTE & VoWiFi activation on both OOS and custom ROMs. Root is needed in some cases.

Before using this guide, please read
second post in this article. It is important to understand which firmware is used in your ROM.

Also you can check Carrier List in
third post.

1. Download and install QPST and Qualcomm Drivers from YandexDisk
  2. Download and install USB Gadget Tool from https://f-droid.org/ru/packages/net.tjado.usbgadget/
  3. Plug-in your phone into PC, and don't forget to enable MTP and ADB
  4. Open USB Gadget Tool and turn on next modes (if they turned off) :
    ( cser.dun.O , diag.diag, diag.diag.mdm , ffs.adb , gsi.dpl , gsi.rmnet , qdss.qdss , qdss.qdss.mdm )
  5. Further actions depending on what you need: EFS or PDC
  6. IMPORTANT!!! Don't forget to disconnect and reboot your OP7Pro after using any mode (If you want use both EFS and PDC, then use PDC, after that, disconnect and reboot OP7Pro, then repeat all steps from beginning for EFS)

Excecute " setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb " in adb shell with su (root):

adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb

Then check that all COM ports are added in QPST Configuration, one of these ports will be SDM855 - our device

Open EFS Explorer

Profit

End of guide for EFS Explorer

Excecute " setprop sys.usb.config diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,adb " in adb shell with su (root):

adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,adb

Then after 10 seconds disable in USB Gadget Tool app next modes : "diag.diag and diag.diag.mdm"

After that open PDC Tool

Profit

End of guide for PDC Tool

Depending on what you need follow the 7-13 p. from Old Method instructions. This new method was tested on crDroid 8.
OnePlus devices support all the most modern services that are offered to their subscribers by mobile operators around the world. To enable and configure IMS services requires a minimum of time and effort, it is very rare now, for which many thanks to OnePlus. Also doesn't need root

On OOS 9.5.9 and higher after entering the code *#800# and *#801# select "EngineerMode"

Instruction:
1. You need to activate IMS service on your Carrier side. On some carrier IMS is activated by default.
2. Install Qualcomm QPST Diag port x64 / QPST 2.7.474 software on your computer (links below)
Important: there should be no other Qualcomm drivers on the computer, disable them, otherwise error messages will appear!
3. Enter * # 800 # in the stock dialer, and then click oneplus Logkit - next - Function Switch - next - activate VoLTE switch, VoWifi switch and VT switch.
Then reboot the device and turn on VoLTE and VoWIFI in the settings of your SIM card (“Settings” –– “WiFi and Internet” ––––– “SIM-card and network” “VoLTE and Calls via WI-FI”). If the switches “VoLTE switch”, “VoWifi switch”, “VT switch” are NOT available in your “oneplus Logkit”, install this version
OEMLogKit.apk or OEMLogKit_1.0-1.apk
and EngineeringMode.apk
4. Now you need to connect your mobile phone to the computer via the “USB cable”.
5. Open the dialer enter this code *#801#.
6. After entering the code correctly, a new menu appears, turn on there "Full-port switch"
7. Now you start the program on your PC: “PDC” from the QPST software package and select your smartphone from the list of connected devices.
8. Right-click on the line “Oversea-Commercial_DS” in the section of the “Deactivate” menu that opens, select “Sub0” and “Sub1”.
9. Next, in the list of available profiles, select "Profile that will be good for your country and Carrier, check the list below", right-click on it and in the section of the menu that opens, select "SetSelectedConfig", "Sub0" and "Sub1".
10. Now again click on the profile line “Profile that will be good for your country and Carrier, check the list below” and below in the program window click the “Activate” button.
11. Now go back to the MENU of item 6 of this menu instruction. Turn off the item "Full-port switch", reboot your smartphone and the VoLTE or VoWiFi logo should be displayed in the status bar.
12. ViLTE (video over LTE) may or may not work, depending on the services of your mobile Carrier.
13. If u have an issue with VoLTE (may go in default setting after reboot - DC Commercial), then do next after step 8 : Click on “Oversea-Commercial_DS” again and below click on the “Remove” button.

If you want to activate VoLTE on stock OOS 11 ROM then you can use this simple guide.

If you have any Questions or issues related to my guide you can ask me on Telegram (link in my profile). Before asking me on Telegram please follow ALL steps without exception!

Last edited:

jimmy123322

Jun 22, 2015
Moscow
t.me
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Firmware explanation:
Activation method depends on what firmware you have installed. Not OS (crDroid, LineageOS, Pixel Experience), but firmware (fw).
There are 4 versions of fw for OnePlus 7 Pro for now : | OOS 9 | OOS 10 | OOS 11 | OOS 12 |
If you have installed OOS 9 or OOS 10 then use Old method from top post.
If you have installed OOS 11 or OOS 12 then use New method from top post.
You can ask developer about what version of firmware installed on your custom ROM.

Last edited:

jimmy123322

Jun 22, 2015
Moscow
t.me
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Carrier choice:

Australia - Optus - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Australia - Telstra - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Belgium - Orange - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Belgium - Proximus - India_Volte_Vodafone
Brazil - Claro - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Brazil - TIM - Volte_OEM_lab
Canada - Bell - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Canada - Telus - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Czech Republic - O2 - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
France - Orange - Orange_Commercial_France
France - Orange - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
France - RED SFR - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Greece - Cosmote - H3G_Denmark_Commercial
Israel - 012 mobile - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Israel - Partner - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Kenya - Faiba - ROW_Commercial
Ksa Saudi Arabia - Zain ksa - Germany
Ksa Saudi Arabia - Zain ksa - India_Volte_Vodafone
Ksa Saudi Arabia - Zain ksa - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Mexico - ALTAN - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Netherlands - KPN - Norway Telia Commercial
Norway - Telenor - India_Volte_Vodafone
Poland - Orange - DT_Poland_Commercial
Poland - Plus Polkomtel - ROW_Commercial
Romania - Orange RO - India_Volte_Vodafone
Romania - Vodafone RO - India_Volte_Vodafone
Russia - All Carriers - Telia_Finland
Russia - MegaPhone Region not Moscow - Volte_OEM_lab
Slovakia - Orange - DT_Slovakia_Commercial
Sri Lanka - Dialog - India_Volte_Vodafone
Sri Lanka - MobitelSriLankaTelecom and Dialog - Telefonica UK, Commercial
Switzerland - Wingo (Swisscom) - Netherlands_VoLTE_Vodafone

Turkey - TurkTelekom - India_Volte_Vodafone

If you could not find your country or operator, then there are two options:
1. Try to use: India_Volte_Vodafone or Telefonica_UK_Commercia . Thees are most common modes.
2. Try to search your country and operator here and here

Also if you enabled VoLTE with some config that doesn't represented in the list, then please leave a message in this thread in next format:
Country - Carrier - Mode
ex.
Russia - MTS - Telia_Finland
This will be helpful for other members of xda community. Also i update list of carriers from time to time.

Last edited:

Blackcrane

May 28, 2020
Doesn't work on custom roms and doesn't even look like you tested this on Android 10 at all.... Which is what most people are using now..

farhan20

Dec 4, 2015
Doesn't work on custom roms and doesn't even look like you tested this on Android 10 at all.... Which is what most people are using now..
Once you enabled using this method u don't need to do same all over on custom ROM, enable Volte option and restart the ROM and it should works.
And working fine on Android 10 as well.
Working on both tested myself.

cantenna

Aug 5, 2012
Newcastle
Thank you for the guide, is it necessary to actually perform step number 8? Seems so permanent;
9. Now click on “Oversea-Commercial_DS” again and below click on the “Remove” button.

And I see per the previous guide;
https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/help/force-enable-volte-vowifi-t3934227

"Click on Oversea-Commercial_DS again and click on remove -- DO NOT CLICK REMOVE, JUST DE-ACTIVATE IT - your settings stick after a reboot, so no longer need to remove the profile (at least on my device my profiles stick, also makes it easier to go back to default)"

Last edited:
Reactions: jimmy123322

jimmy123322

Jun 22, 2015
Moscow
t.me
OnePlus 7 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
Thank you for the guide, is it necessary to actually perform step number 8? Seems so permanent;
9. Now click on “Oversea-Commercial_DS” again and below click on the “Remove” button.

And I see per the previous guide;
https://xdaforums.com/oneplus-7-pro/help/force-enable-volte-vowifi-t3934227

"Click on Oversea-Commercial_DS again and click on remove -- DO NOT CLICK REMOVE, JUST DE-ACTIVATE IT - your settings stick after a reboot, so no longer need to remove the profile (at least on my device my profiles stick, also makes it easier to go back to default)"

Thank u! Added in end of guide (optionally)! Btw i also sometimes have this issue, but on latest beta - just deactivate is good for me too:)

Reactions: cantenna

Galloway

Sep 14, 2010
Calgary, Alberta
OnePlus 7 Pro
Not working with Bell Canada

I have followed your handy guide with one issue, I can't get it to work for Bell Canada. I have tied multiple varieties. I initially used the Telefonica_UK_Commercial that is listed and made calls drop after 30 sec or so. When I used *#*#4636#*#* and selected the option in the top right and then IMS it showed VoLTE as inactive even though the symbol was present. I tried ATT_VoLTE and it shows VoLTE but no VoWIFI. I'm not sure if it worked or not. IMS showed VoLTE as active. I didn't really leave it to try it as I can't chance more dropped calls. I went back to the Oversea-Commercial_DS as it works for calls. I have contacted my carrier to ensure the IMS settings for VoLTE and VoWiFi are enabled on the carrier side.

2 things, first is you should add to your guide to ensure USB Debugging is enabled as I found it wouldn't work without.

2nd is when I make calls I have the HD symbol while calling, does this not mean it is using VoLTE already even without the symbol present in the status bar? Seems to be conflicting info regarding the HD calls symbol while actually in a call.

Lastly, not going to lie, the VoLTE and VoWiFi symbols are a little obnoxious on the stock ROM. Most other phones are fairly small or just an add on to the existing phone symbol.

Any suggestions for Canadian carriers to verify/ensure this is working correctly?

Last edited:

vladvlad12

May 27, 2020
Bucharest
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Yes, yes, I know that this is not the first thread with activation VoLTE and VoWIFI. But my thread will be more convenient and easier to understand.

OnePlus devices support all the most modern services that are offered to their subscribers by mobile operators around the world. To enable and configure IMS services requires a minimum of time and effort, it is very rare now, for which many thanks to OnePlus. Also doesn't need root

On OOS 9.5.9 and higher after entering the code *#800# and *#801# select "EngineerMode"

Instruction:
1. You need to activate IMS service on your Carrier side. On some carrier IMS is activated by default.
2. Install Qualcomm QPST Diag port x64 / QPST 2.7.474 software on your computer (links below)
Important: there should be no other Qualcomm drivers on the computer, disable them, otherwise error messages will appear!
3. Enter * # 800 # in the stock dialer, and then click oneplus Logkit - next - Function Switch - next - activate VoLTE switch, VoWifi switch and VT switch.
Then reboot the device and turn on VoLTE and VoWIFI in the settings of your SIM card (“Settings” –– “WiFi and Internet” ––––– “SIM-card and network” “VoLTE and Calls via WI-FI”). If the switches “VoLTE switch”, “VoWifi switch”, “VT switch” are NOT available in your “oneplus Logkit”, install this version
and EngineeringMode.apk
4. Now you need to connect your mobile phone to the computer via the “USB cable”.
6. After entering the code correctly, a new menu appears, turn on there "Full-port switch"
7. Now you start the program on your PC: “PDC” from the QPST software package and select your smartphone from the list of connected devices.
8. Right-click on the line “Oversea-Commercial_DS” in the section of the “Deactivate” menu that opens, select “Sub0” and “Sub1”.
9. Next, in the list of available profiles, select "Profile that will be good for your country and Carrier, check the list below", right-click on it and in the section of the menu that opens, select "SetSelectedConfig", "Sub0" and "Sub1".
10. Now again click on the profile line “Profile that will be good for your country and Carrier, check the list below” and below in the program window click the “Activate” button.
11. Now go back to the MENU of item 6 of this menu instruction. Turn off the item "Full-port switch", reboot your smartphone and the VoLTE or VoWiFi logo should be displayed in the status bar.
12. ViLTE (video over LTE) may or may not work, depending on the services of your mobile Carrier.
13. If u have an issue with VoLTE (may go in default setting after reboot - DC Commercial), then do next after step 8 : Click on “Oversea-Commercial_DS” again and below click on the “Remove” button.

List of Carriers and Mode presented below

List of Carriers and Mode:

Greece - Cosmote - H3G_Denmark_Commercial
Czech Republic - O2 - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Belgium - Orange - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
France - Orange - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
France - Orange - Orange_Commercial_France
France - RED SFR - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Turkey - TurkTelekom - India_Volte_Vodafone
Norway - Telenor - India_Volte_Vodafone
Belgium - Proximus - India_Volte_Vodafone
Netherlands - KPN - Norway Telia Commercial
Brazil - Claro - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Switzerland - Wingo (Swisscom) - Netherlands_VoLTE_Vodafone
Kenya - Faiba - ROW_Commercial
Australia - Optus - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Sri Lanka - Dialog - India_Volte_Vodafone
Canada - Telus - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Canada - Bell - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Romania - Vodafone RO - India_Volte_Vodafone
Romania - Orange RO - India_Volte_Vodafone
Mexico - ALTAN - Telefonica_UK_Commercial
Russia - All Carriers - Telia_Finland
Russia - MegaPhone Region not Moscow - Volte_OEM_lab

If you could not find your country or operator, then there are two options:
1. Try to use: India_Volte_Vodafone or Telefonica_UK_Commercia . Thees are most common modes.
2. Try to search your country and operator here and here

Also if u enable VoLTE with some config, then please leave a message in this thread in next format:
Country - Carrier - Mode
ex.
Russia - MTS - Telia_Finland
This will be helpful for other members of xda community. Also i will add new config weekly.
App for checking VoLTE on GP Store

Big thanks for @dagoban and @jamal2367 for writing instructions and 4pda.ru for updating some info

Original thread - LINK

If i have any Questions u can ask me on Telegram (link in my profile)
Help

vladvlad12

May 27, 2020
Bucharest
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 7 Pro

Attachments

• IMG_20200629_152203.jpg
    IMG_20200629_152203.jpg
    200.8 KB · Views: 667

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Activate VoLTE & VoWIFI on custom/stock ROMs with any Carrier

ATTENTION ! ! ! These methods were only tested with OnePlus 7 Pro. Not 7,8,910 Series.
    ONLY
    ONEPLUS 7 PRO MODEL ! ! ! So please don't PM me if you haven't OnePlus 7 Pro.

OnePlus devices support all the most modern services that are offered to their subscribers by mobile operators around the world.

This guide is universal method for VoLTE & VoWiFi activation on both OOS and custom ROMs. Root is needed in some cases.

Before using this guide, please read
    second post in this article. It is important to understand which firmware is used in your ROM.

Also you can check Carrier List in
    third post.

1. Download and install QPST and Qualcomm Drivers from YandexDisk
    2. Download and install USB Gadget Tool from https://f-droid.org/ru/packages/net.tjado.usbgadget/
    3. Plug-in your phone into PC, and don't forget to enable MTP and ADB
    4. Open USB Gadget Tool and turn on next modes (if they turned off) :
      ( cser.dun.O , diag.diag, diag.diag.mdm , ffs.adb , gsi.dpl , gsi.rmnet , qdss.qdss , qdss.qdss.mdm )
    5. Further actions depending on what you need: EFS or PDC
    6. IMPORTANT!!! Don't forget to disconnect and reboot your OP7Pro after using any mode (If you want use both EFS and PDC, then use PDC, after that, disconnect and reboot OP7Pro, then repeat all steps from beginning for EFS)

Excecute " setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb " in adb shell with su (root):

adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config diag,diag_mdm,qdss,qdss_mdm,serial_cdev,dpl,rmnet,adb

Then check that all COM ports are added in QPST Configuration, one of these ports will be SDM855 - our device

Open EFS Explorer

Profit

End of guide for EFS Explorer

Excecute " setprop sys.usb.config diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,adb " in adb shell with su (root):

adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,adb

Then after 10 seconds disable in USB Gadget Tool app next modes : "diag.diag and diag.diag.mdm"

After that open PDC Tool

Profit

End of guide for PDC Tool

Depending on what you need follow the 7-13 p. from Old Method instructions. This new method was tested on crDroid 8.

Instruction:
    and EngineeringMode.apk

If you want to activate VoLTE on stock OOS 11 ROM then you can use this simple guide.

If you have any Questions or issues related to my guide you can ask me on Telegram (link in my profile). Before asking me on Telegram please follow ALL steps without exception!
    LATEST WORKING TUTORIAL FOR ONEPLUS 7/7PRO ON OOS 11 OPEN BETA 1

1. Turn On VoLTE sliders using logkit (refer to older tutorials)
    2. Have engineering mode (refer to older tutorials)
    3. Installed Qualcomm modem drivers (from older tutorials)
    4. Extract the EfsTools zip below.
    5. Connect phone to PC, make sure debugging is on
    6. In engineer mode (*#801#), enable Engineer Mode Toggle
    7. Open CMD on your PC as administrator and cd to the folder with the extracted EfsTools files. (just type cd followed by the copy pasted folder path from windows explorer, for example: cd C:\Users\User\Downloads\EfsTools-0.10-modded-1.2-win32 )
    8. Check if your device is connected with
    Code:
    EfsTools.exe efsInfo
    . There shouldn't be any errors popping up.
    9. Download the appropriate MBN file from the Pixel 4 zip below, depending on what carrier, copy into the folder with the extracted EfsTools files.
    Code:
    EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim
    Code:
    EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -s 1
    Code:
    EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -v
    Code:
    EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -s 1
    14. Restart and you're done!
    Today took the time to update my firmware (in preparation for new crDroid release)
    So by doing the update to OOS 11, ofc I've lost my VoLTE
    Now let me get to share my steps that worked for me (yeah was lazy to follow all those steps from the tutorial)

Note that this version needs root so if you are unrooted, root your OOS I guess
    1. Download QPST, Tiny ADB & Fastboot (used portable version) and OEMLogKit_1.0-1.apk
    2. Extract the zip and install QPST.2.7.496.1.exe and Qualcomm USB Driver V1.0 (from Driver folder inside archive)
    3. Install OEMLogKit_1.0-1.apk
    4. Open phone app and dial *#800# and navigate to Function Switch and toggle VoLTE switch and VoWiFi switch and reboot
    5. Make yourself a dev (how nice it sounds) by tapping 5 times build number and navigate to System -> Developer options to toggle USB debgging
    6. Extract Tiny ADB & Fastboot v1.1.6 Portable and open "Open CMD" bat file
    7. Now in the cmd window, we make sure adb works by issuing below command in
    Code:
    adb device
    8. Next step is to enable PDC port connection by issuing below commands one at a time (you'll get magisk grant root propmt on issuing su command, so grant that)
    Code:
    adb shell
    su
    setprop sys.usb.config diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,adb
    9. Open PDC app installed on step 2
    10. Deactivate set profile by right clicking it and activate the one you feel it works (used VoLTE Vodafone India)
    11. Enter airplane mode on phone and exit then check if VoLTE works

Have fun!
    Check here, did a video guide in English on the same.

Cheers
    Can you explain the full method? Because i tired this amd nothing happens and pdc also doesn't detect my phone.

---------- Post added at 09:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:15 AM ----------

Can you explain the full method? Because i tired this amd nothing happens and pdc also doesn't detect my phone.
    just plug your phone to a computer where you open a terminal and type:
    Code:
    adb devices
    make sure your device is being listed
    Code:
    adb shell
    Code:
    su
    grant super user rights for ADB if not already done.
    Code:
    setprop sys.usb.config diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,adb
    check in device manager whether your phone is listet in com ports as debug device. otherwise use proper drivers

then you can use PDC