[Guide]Activate VoLTE/VoWiFi OOS 11(OB1&OB2)

Was this topic usefull?

• Total voters
Search This thread

vladvlad12

May 27, 2020
Bucharest
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hi everyone.

Code:
/*
* Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
* thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
* these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
* you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
*/

First you will need that apps:

EFS Modded 1.2
EFS
mbns-mi9t.zip can use this or can use this Pixel mbns
OEMLogKit_1.0-1.apk
EngineeringMode.apk

NOTE: ON custom ROM OEM and Enginer mode does not work. See step 5.1 for custom ROM.
1. Enter * # 800 # in the stock dialer, and then click oneplus Logkit - next - Function Switch - next - activate VoLTE switch, VoWifi switch and VT switch.
2. Reboot device.
3. Install Qualcomm QPST Diag port x64 / QPST 2.7.474 software on your computer
4. Unzip EfsTools from above, open up a cmd window and cd to the directory where you extracted it. Depending on how you connect to diag you will need to modify EfsTools.exe.config - if you're connecting via USB you most likely won't have to do anything as it will find the port automatically, unless you have more than one port, in which case you can simply change port from Auto to the COM port of the phone (for example COM13).
5. With your phone connected via USB enter *#801# and check Engineer Mode Toggle switch to ON.
5.1. If you are on custom ROM you activate the enginer mode by entering in adb shell and run the next command:
setprop sys.usb.config diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,adb
5.2. Also if you are on custom rom you can use this method or the PDC one, also not using OEM and engineer, just run command from 5.1 and you should see your phone in PDC.
6. You can test the connection by running this in the cmd window:

Code:
EfsTools.exe efsInfo

Should return something like this:
efsInfo.PNG

This should report back some info if everything is working.

7. Extract efs.zip from above to the same directory as EfsTools.exe, and make sure the mcfg_autoselect_by_uim file is there. Now simply run this in the cmd window, one line at a time:

Code:
EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim
EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -s 1

If everything worked you should see no error messages.

The mbn directory structure is generally laid out like this: <region>/<carrier>/commerci/<country>/mcfg_sw.mbn. For example, the one for my carrier is eu/h3g/commerci/se/mcfg_sw.mbn. Copy the mcfg_sw.mbn file to the same directory as the EfsTools.exe, then go to the cmd window you opened and type this:

Code:
EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -v

EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -s 1

8. If it has worked you should see a bunch of output, but no errors. Try rebooting now, and hopefully after it has booted you will have fully functional VoLTE and VoWiFi.

Credits to:

HomerSp
jimmy123322

If you manage to activate VoLTE/VoWiFi using this guide please let us know your Country--Carrier--MBNS that you used.

Proof:

Last edited:

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
Same method worked fine for me, though I got the information and files from different sources, as I have been looking for some days for a solution. Also, it's possible to set the engineer mode using adb, rather then installing the Engineer apk, by writing in adb shell setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
I used the Telefonika_UK_Commercial mbn from Pixel 4, so far it seems a lot more stable than the one from OOS (on OOS10 it was continuously switching between VoWiFi/VoLTE every few minutes).

Romania - Digi.Mobil - Pixel's 4 EU\Telefonica\Commercial\UK, if it makes any difference.

omar302

Feb 15, 2006
Doha
HTC 10
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks. Worked for me.
Qatar > Ooredoo. Used Telefonica Commercial UK. Both Pixel & Mi9 mbn files worked for me, but ended up using the Pixel file because it is a larger file, so thought it might contain more information.

Some notes:
  • For Ooredoo, dialing "111" will not work while in VoLTE. Have to be on 3G network. I faced the same issue even in Android 10. On an iPhone or Samsung S20 that has VoLTE enabled from the factory, the phone would automatically switch to 3G when dialing "111".
  • I used PowerShell Window and I had to "./" to the commands from OP (i.e. used "./EfsTools.exe efsInfo")
  • I first got "Critical error. The requested resource is in use. " when running the "./EfsTools.exe efsInfo" command. Had to open QPST Configuration > at the top clicked Server > then Stop QPST Server. Then it worked.

I have two questions if anyone can answer,
  • How to revert to stock if we have to?
  • Is it possible to find and use mbn files from a Samsung Phone? Specifically S20 FE 5G as it is also using a Qualcomm chipset here and VoLTE works fine from the factory for my carrier.

Last edited:
Reactions: vladvlad12

dilruk

Nov 14, 2011
Colombo
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
OnePlus 3
Hi everyone.

Code:
/*
*/

EFS Modded 1.2
EFS
OEMLogKit_1.0-1.apk
EngineeringMode.apk

1. Enter * # 800 # in the stock dialer, and then click oneplus Logkit - next - Function Switch - next - activate VoLTE switch, VoWifi switch and VT switch.
2. Reboot device.
4. Unzip EfsTools from above, open up a cmd window and cd to the directory where you extracted it. Depending on how you connect to diag you will need to modify EfsTools.exe.config - if you're connecting via USB you most likely won't have to do anything as it will find the port automatically, unless you have more than one port, in which case you can simply change port from Auto to the COM port of the phone (for example COM13).
5. With your phone connected via USB enter *#801# and check Engineer Mode Toggle switch to ON.

Code:
EfsTools.exe efsInfo

7. Extract efs.zip from above to the same directory as EfsTools.exe, and make sure the mcfg_autoselect_by_uim file is there. Now simply run this in the cmd window, one line at a time:

Code:
EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim
EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -s 1

The mbn directory structure is generally laid out like this: <region>/<carrier>/commerci/<country>/mcfg_sw.mbn. For example, the one for my carrier is eu/h3g/commerci/se/mcfg_sw.mbn. Copy the mcfg_sw.mbn file to the same directory as the EfsTools.exe, then go to the cmd window you opened and type this:

Code:

8. If it has worked you should see a bunch of output, but no errors. Try rebooting now, and hopefully after it has booted you will have fully functional VoLTE and VoWiFi.

Credits to:

HomerSp
jimmy123322

If you manage to activate VoLTE/VoWiFi using this guide please let us know your Country--Carrier--MBNS that you used.

Did you finally get VoWiFi working? Which profile worked for you?

vladvlad12

May 27, 2020
Bucharest
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 7 Pro
Did you finally get VoWiFi working? Which profile worked for you?
Only VoLTE, using india Vodafone. Will try some more mbns later today.

Thanks for help! I find one from pixel that let my VoWiFi works! If anyone need to know which one is Pixel/APAC/Airtel/pixel_Commercial/. I am using Vodafone Romania. VoLTE also works!Screenshot_20210127-113733.jpgScreenshot_20210127-113937.jpgAlso VoWiFi work with Airplane Mode on.Screenshot_20210127-114152.jpg

Last edited:

dilruk

Nov 14, 2011
Colombo
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
OnePlus 3

Ico5

Jan 27, 2021
Hi everyone.

Code:
/*
*/

EFS Modded 1.2
EFS
OEMLogKit_1.0-1.apk
EngineeringMode.apk

2. Reboot device.

Code:
EfsTools.exe efsInfo

View attachment 5200327

Code:

Code:

Credits to:

HomerSp
jimmy123322

Proof:
Country Bulgaria--Carrier Vivacom--MBNS Vodafone Germany. Volte and vowifi worked.Screenshot_20210127-235901.jpgScreenshot_20210128-000011.jpg

Last edited:

miffymiffy

Apr 25, 2007
Wollongong
HTC One (M8)
HTC U11
What setprop? To enable diag? Like the one from *#801#?
that is the command that is required to enable the serial port to use PDC, which works fine on custom roms, however it does not allow the com port to work on EFS. Which is what I need. Otherwise its back to OOS to do the commands, wiping and resetting everything back up. Its a PITA.

morphvale

Sep 13, 2013
Sibiu
Google Nexus 4
Google Nexus 5
that is the command that is required to enable the serial port to use PDC, which works fine on custom roms, however it does not allow the com port to work on EFS. Which is what I need. Otherwise its back to OOS to do the commands, wiping and resetting everything back up. Its a PITA.

Try this:
adb reboot ftm

Wait about 20-30 seconds, or if you have sounds in windows till you get the device connected one.

adb shell setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb

You shouldn't need all the modes. Also make sure you have the drivers installed (you should see the ports opened in device manager under com ports).

When finished, do adb reboot to exit ftm.

Just noticed you want to do it through PDC? I'm afraid it looks like that doesn't work anymore, you need to use EfsTools.

miffymiffy

Apr 25, 2007
Wollongong
HTC One (M8)
HTC U11
Try this:
adb reboot ftm

Wait about 20-30 seconds, or if you have sounds in windows till you get the device connected one.

adb shell setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb

You shouldn't need all the modes. Also make sure you have the drivers installed (you should see the ports opened in device manager under com ports).

When finished, do adb reboot to exit ftm.

Just noticed you want to do it through PDC? I'm afraid it looks like that doesn't work anymore, you need to use EfsTools.
Nah mate, thats exactly what i was after. The setprop command doesnt work on efs on aosp roms. just says bad port, even though its correct. ill try this.

Last edited:

stale86

Mar 18, 2019
I think it might, you just need to find the right mbn

iam currently using the old method,
Updates the modem using QPST,
Choose the profile India vodafone,
And the LTE, Vowifi work great,
But the device returns to the default setting Oversea Profile,
from time to time.

in this guide the default profile is what I choose ?

vladvlad12

May 27, 2020
Bucharest
Samsung Galaxy S7
OnePlus 7 Pro
This is doing exact what QPST is doing, so I think you will have same problem. This guide is for those on oos 11 for whom QPST is not working anymore.
iam currently using the old method,
Updates the modem using QPST,
Choose the profile India vodafone,
And the LTE, Vowifi work great,
But the device returns to the default setting Oversea Profile,
from time to time.

in this guide the default profile is what I choose ?

Reactions: stale86

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello,

Guide worked with my device (for VoLTE, can't say about VoWiFi although carrier says it is supported):

Device: OnePlus 7T Pro HD1913 EU OOS11
    Carrier: MEO (Portugal)
    MBN file (Pixel4): Pixel\EU\Vodafone\VoLTE\pixel_Spain\

[edit]
    Only VoLTE was working so I flashed a different one and now both VoLTE and VoWiFi are available:
    MBN file (Pixel4): Pixel\EU\Telefonica\Commercial\pixel_UK\
    [/edit]

I wonder if I can make this survive the upgrade to OOS12 and then installing Lineage by doing an EFS backup then doing the upgrades and then restoring the EFS again.

[edit2]
    EFS backup restored after installing LineageOS 21 did not enable the VoLTE/VoWiFi but doing the adb shell stuff allowed efs tools to connect to the device and after applying mbn files again it is now working in Lineage OS 21!
    Too bad Lineage OS does not have the LTE icons.
    [/edit2]

[edit3]
    Commands can be sent while LOS rom is running (requires root):
    adb shell
    su
    setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb

flash the MBN files with efs tool
    reboot
    [/edit3]

Thanks for the tutorial and files.

KadoPT
    Hi everyone.

Code:
    /*
    */

EFS Modded 1.2
    EFS
    OEMLogKit_1.0-1.apk
    EngineeringMode.apk

NOTE: ON custom ROM OEM and Enginer mode does not work. See step 5.1 for custom ROM.
    2. Reboot device.
    5.1. If you are on custom ROM you activate the enginer mode by entering in adb shell and run the next command:
    5.2. Also if you are on custom rom you can use this method or the PDC one, also not using OEM and engineer, just run command from 5.1 and you should see your phone in PDC.

Code:
    EfsTools.exe efsInfo

efsInfo.PNG

Code:

Code:

Credits to:

HomerSp
    jimmy123322

Proof:
    *****UPDATE*****

So played around again today with the port selection after reading up more about the error.
    Going from others with higher versions of Android 11 on the OnePlus 8 and 9 phones, it appears you have to select:

Rndis,diag Switch instead.

I have tried it tonight and can say, it successfully worked!!
    Got VoLTE and VoWIFI working again on a OnePlus 7T Pro with 11.0.3.1.HD01AA August 2021 patch.

Using Telstra AU network.
    I have extracted the MBNs from OP7 Pro. Hope this will help someone.
    Same method worked fine for me, though I got the information and files from different sources, as I have been looking for some days for a solution. Also, it's possible to set the engineer mode using adb, rather then installing the Engineer apk, by writing in adb shell setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
    I used the Telefonika_UK_Commercial mbn from Pixel 4, so far it seems a lot more stable than the one from OOS (on OOS10 it was continuously switching between VoWiFi/VoLTE every few minutes).

Romania - Digi.Mobil - Pixel's 4 EU\Telefonica\Commercial\UK, if it makes any difference.
    wow nice thanks , working on my OP7Pro android 11 stable. Finally xd
    I was abit mad losing VoLTE after update.

Im from Mexico and i needed ROW_Commercial
    so it was common/row/commerci/mcfg_sw.mbn
    that's the one i used, i didnt try any from pixel since i knew ROW was what i needed so thanks to to person on the first page that uplodaded OP7Pro MBNs