[Guide]Activate VoLTE/VoWiFi OOS 11(OB1&OB2)

Was this topic usefull?

• Total voters
Search This thread

Talal Q8

May 30, 2022
Hi there, just followed your steps and successfully both VoLTE and VoWIFI working for my Oneplus 7t pro MClaren carrier STC Kuwait, used EU/Vodafone/UK mbn.
during the process noticed one Error line as following:

Error on upload file '/nv/item_files/modem/mmode/qmss_enabled'. EFS error. Code
= 26

rcll

Oct 15, 2008
Thanks for this guide!
It works perfectly for VoLTE. But VoWiFi is not working on Cricket carrier.
*#*#4636#*#* IMS Status shows VoLTE: Available but VoWiFi: Unavailable

Carrier enabled the VoWiFi feature from their end. Immediately an SMS text arrived saying the feature is active on the phone number with instructions to enable WiFi Calling on the device.
It says to go into settings, toggle Wifi Calling switch on, and then enter the "Emergency Address" e911 address to complete the registration.

In OOS11 Global ROM under SIM & Network settings there is only a VoLTE switch and VoWiFi switch. After toggling VoWiFi switch on there is no field to enter an e911 Emergency Address to complete the Wifi Calling registration.
This extra step on the device seems required on Cricket carrier and also AT&T carrier to enable VoWiFi.
Pixel phones have this extra e911 address field built into their stock ROM and seem to allow complete VoWiFi registration with Cricket/AT&T carrier. Are there any ideas for how to do this on OOS11?

Otherwise the Function Switches with Logkit apk are enabled, and the Cricket MBN from the linked volteMBNsPixel4.zip was successfully uploaded with EFS Tools.
This is the MBN being used: volteMBNsPixel4\Pixel\NA\Cricket\pixel_Cricket\mcfg_sw.mbn
Would trying a different MBN help?

shreyas1122

Dec 10, 2010
Got VoLTE Working!

Phone: OnePlus 6 (from India)
OOS Version: 11.1.2.2
Network: Optus Australia
MBN used: mbns-mi9t\aunz\optus\commerci\au\mcfg_sw.mbn

*#80_# codes never worked for me, I used Activity Launcher app to launch [I]EngineerMode.CommonCommands[/I] activity to open the apps..

ipp33

Jan 25, 2015
Lima
Hellos guys.
Please i need your help.

I enable volte/vowifi in stock rom 11.0.7.1 and working great. So for me works OP7P_MBNs/EU/VODAFONE/VOLTE/UK. The problem comes when I try to activate on the custom roms. I have tried with ArrowOS, Evo X, crDroid without any success. I have followed the steps.
5.1. If you are on custom ROM you activate the engine mode by entering in adb shell and run the next command:
setprop sys.usb.config diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,adb.

When I give root ( SU ) permission and then the engineer mode command.
All good the problem comes when I do the command

EfsTools.exe efsInfo

I get critical error.

In the same way with all the commands mentioned in the first post.

Please any idea how to fix it?.
I appreciate.

hubono

Oct 22, 2005
Muscat
Oh la la
Got it finally to work with Omantel on the oneplus 7 pro.
I have been trying for years now with no luck but today i try again and viola it works.
I used the MBN from Maxis Malaysia attached below.
(Just remove the .zip from the file name)
I will test it for a while and report back any issues.
Cheers you guys

Attachments

• mcfg_sw.mbn.zip
    63 KB · Views: 38

CarlosFraire

Dec 20, 2013
OnePlus 7 Pro
Hellos guys.
Please i need your help.

I enable volte/vowifi in stock rom 11.0.7.1 and working great. So for me works OP7P_MBNs/EU/VODAFONE/VOLTE/UK. The problem comes when I try to activate on the custom roms. I have tried with ArrowOS, Evo X, crDroid without any success. I have followed the steps.
5.1. If you are on custom ROM you activate the engine mode by entering in adb shell and run the next command:
setprop sys.usb.config diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,adb.

When I give root ( SU ) permission and then the engineer mode command.
All good the problem comes when I do the command

EfsTools.exe efsInfo

I get critical error.

In the same way with all the commands mentioned in the first post.

Please any idea how to fix it?.
I appreciate.
I figured out my mistake. only needed to switch on Engineer Mode Toggle instead of Full port switch.

serenityx888

Dec 3, 2016
I have an OP3 with custom rom android 11 - - I tried to enable volte and vowifi with PDC Tools but every time I reboot the phone the default profile keeps coming back even if I delete it!! ( I don't know why...) - - I wanted to try it with EfsTools but every time I want to run this command: "EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o / nv / item_files / mcfg / mcfg_autoselect_by_uim" it won't let me, I get the message: "Critical error. Operation not permited" !! Does anyone know what the problem could be?

neohq

Jun 8, 2014
Cluj
OnePlus 7 Pro
As someone posted before, for Digi - Romania it works "eu/vodafone/volte/uk".
OOS 11 - Last stable release.

First give them a call to activate VoLTE, otherwise you'll end like me trying lots of files without success. I've seen the issue when I tried another SIM which had VoLTE activated.

Thank you for this great thread!

Rowethren

Dec 1, 2016
Has anyone found a MBN that works with 3 Mobile UK? I have tried the one that should be correct but it only activated VoWiFi and VoLTE still doesn't work like it did before OOS11. I have tried a bunch of others as well but any help would be appreciated.

Kiuu

Aug 1, 2022
I activated successfully VoLTE and VoWiFi before with this method, however yesterday i got a new update to version 11.0.9.1 and i can't seem to activate it anymore. Whenever i try to useEfsTools.exe efsInfo i get Critical Error. Operation timed out as a response.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

Nicols0Mart

May 18, 2018
Has anyone found a MBN that works with 3 Mobile UK? I have tried the one that should be correct but it only activated VoWiFi and VoLTE still doesn't work like it did before OOS11. I have tried a bunch of others as well but any help would be appreciated.
Managed to enable VoWiFi with "eu/telefoni/commerci/uk" MBN file, but VoLTE still isn't working. Same as you.
I'm running the Oneplus 7 Pro OOS 11.0.9.1 with Orange Spain sim in it.
Did you manage to find a working MBN to active both?

DON2003

Apr 24, 2005
Xiaomi Redmi 6 Pro
OnePlus 6T
anyone able to use VoLTE on OOS11.1.2.2?
I have tried with my 6T and able to change profile but after reboot still no VoLTE, is this bec when reboot it return to default Oversea profile? do we need to delete the Oversea profile so it wont return to default when reboot?
planning to get a 7 Pro, is this the same or 7 Pro and newer models has support VoLTE and doesn't needs the complicated process?
btw which should be the correct profile for use in Philippines? needs VoLTE here because a Telco DITO needs VoLTE for its voice calls.

many thanks in advance. may be there is someone from Philippines that has same problem before and able to solve it, pls help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone.

Code:
    /*
    * Your warranty is void. Or vaild, probably?
    * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, Ebolation X,
    * thermonuclear war, or the current economic crisis caused by you following
    * these directions. YOU are choosing to make these modificiations, and if
    * you point your finger at me for messing up your device, I will LMAO at you.
    */

First you will need that apps:

EFS Modded 1.2
    EFS
    mbns-mi9t.zip can use this or can use this Pixel mbns
    OEMLogKit_1.0-1.apk
    EngineeringMode.apk

NOTE: ON custom ROM OEM and Enginer mode does not work. See step 5.1 for custom ROM.
    1. Enter * # 800 # in the stock dialer, and then click oneplus Logkit - next - Function Switch - next - activate VoLTE switch, VoWifi switch and VT switch.
    2. Reboot device.
    3. Install Qualcomm QPST Diag port x64 / QPST 2.7.474 software on your computer
    4. Unzip EfsTools from above, open up a cmd window and cd to the directory where you extracted it. Depending on how you connect to diag you will need to modify EfsTools.exe.config - if you're connecting via USB you most likely won't have to do anything as it will find the port automatically, unless you have more than one port, in which case you can simply change port from Auto to the COM port of the phone (for example COM13).
    5. With your phone connected via USB enter *#801# and check Engineer Mode Toggle switch to ON.
    5.1. If you are on custom ROM you activate the enginer mode by entering in adb shell and run the next command:
    setprop sys.usb.config diag,serial_cdev,rmnet,adb
    5.2. Also if you are on custom rom you can use this method or the PDC one, also not using OEM and engineer, just run command from 5.1 and you should see your phone in PDC.
    6. You can test the connection by running this in the cmd window:

Code:
    EfsTools.exe efsInfo

Should return something like this:
    efsInfo.PNG

This should report back some info if everything is working.

7. Extract efs.zip from above to the same directory as EfsTools.exe, and make sure the mcfg_autoselect_by_uim file is there. Now simply run this in the cmd window, one line at a time:

Code:
    EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim
    EfsTools.exe writeFile -i mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -o /nv/item_files/mcfg/mcfg_autoselect_by_uim -s 1

If everything worked you should see no error messages.

The mbn directory structure is generally laid out like this: <region>/<carrier>/commerci/<country>/mcfg_sw.mbn. For example, the one for my carrier is eu/h3g/commerci/se/mcfg_sw.mbn. Copy the mcfg_sw.mbn file to the same directory as the EfsTools.exe, then go to the cmd window you opened and type this:

Code:
    EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -v

EfsTools.exe uploadDirectory -i mcfg_sw.mbn -o / -s 1

8. If it has worked you should see a bunch of output, but no errors. Try rebooting now, and hopefully after it has booted you will have fully functional VoLTE and VoWiFi.

Credits to:

HomerSp
    jimmy123322

If you manage to activate VoLTE/VoWiFi using this guide please let us know your Country--Carrier--MBNS that you used.

Proof:
    *****UPDATE*****

So played around again today with the port selection after reading up more about the error.
    Going from others with higher versions of Android 11 on the OnePlus 8 and 9 phones, it appears you have to select:

Rndis,diag Switch instead.

I have tried it tonight and can say, it successfully worked!!
    Got VoLTE and VoWIFI working again on a OnePlus 7T Pro with 11.0.3.1.HD01AA August 2021 patch.

Using Telstra AU network.
    I have extracted the MBNs from OP7 Pro. Hope this will help someone.
    Same method worked fine for me, though I got the information and files from different sources, as I have been looking for some days for a solution. Also, it's possible to set the engineer mode using adb, rather then installing the Engineer apk, by writing in adb shell setprop sys.usb.config diag,adb
    I used the Telefonika_UK_Commercial mbn from Pixel 4, so far it seems a lot more stable than the one from OOS (on OOS10 it was continuously switching between VoWiFi/VoLTE every few minutes).

Romania - Digi.Mobil - Pixel's 4 EU\Telefonica\Commercial\UK, if it makes any difference.
    wow nice thanks , working on my OP7Pro android 11 stable. Finally xd
    I was abit mad losing VoLTE after update.

Im from Mexico and i needed ROW_Commercial
    so it was common/row/commerci/mcfg_sw.mbn
    that's the one i used, i didnt try any from pixel since i knew ROW was what i needed so thanks to to person on the first page that uplodaded OP7Pro MBNs