[Guide] Activate Windows 8 Permanently

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
UPDATE: Personalization does NOT work in METRO. Everything works flawlessly and I tend to stay in desktop mode so I didn't realize this. DESKTOP MODE CAN BE PERSONALIZED. This still gives you enables everything I wanted so I don't see the problem. My metro background doesn't matter to me. I can also just install a win7 start menu, but again I have no issues and this works flawlessly.

A tool called "Windows 8 Activator For Build 9200 (Sep 2012)" (Google it, LINK BELOW) will permanently activate Windows 8. Specifically the latest build. Just run it and follow the simple instructions.

MOD EDIT: WAREZ LINK REMOVED

Last edited by a moderator:

eZaCx

Jul 1, 2012
Let me know if we can't post this guide even though it is just providing information and no links to anything.

A tool called "Windows 8 Activator For Build 9200 (Sep 2012)" (Google it, LINK BELOW) will permanently activate Windows 8. Specifically the latest build. Just run it and follow the simple instructions.

If this doesn't comply with forum rules let me know. There is another thread describing how to remove activation watermark and notification, this does the same thing but actually removes it instead of hiding it.

The comments seem to be all over the place, I don't see definite proof it will work.

Last edited by a moderator:

scaryshark

Jan 11, 2012
Isn't this classed as warez and is completely banned by xda, why would you want to steal windows 8 anyway? The upgrades only like £20 & I've tried the rtm on a friends pc, its awesome!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
The comments seem to be all over the place, I don't see definite proof it will work.

idk what to say. I'm no expert tell me a way to show you that my windows 8 copy is fully activated and I'll show you. It worked perfect you dont't need anything complicated. It opens command prompt and works.

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
Isn't this classed as warez and is completely banned by xda, why would you want to steal windows 8 anyway? The upgrades only like £20 & I've tried the rtm on a friends pc, its awesome!

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using xda app-developers app

Understood. However for people who want to use all the features so they download the newest build (9200) but they run into activation watermarks and notifications. When Windows 8 comes out (October 26th) aka a long time from know, I will most likely buy a licence if not a Surface.
For now however this works. This gives you Windows 8 as it will be on October 26th. working perfectly. I have it on my Acer Aspire One 722 netbook and it works flawlessly AMD has a consumer driver preview for Windows 8 and everything runs smooth.

eZaCx

Jul 1, 2012
Apparently this still won't let you personalize. OP pm me plz.

Sent from my HTC One XL using xda premium

What do people mean "won't let your personalize."? Is there something I am missing?

Also OP, how do you know it was permanently installed, and not 90/180 days?

e.mote

Feb 16, 2011
>Isn't this classed as warez

No, it's classified as malware, as in "let's infect all the dumb pirates desperate for keys". Kiddies need to learn about social engineering at some point, and this is a good time as any.

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
it doesn't let you personalize because Win8 isn't really activated, even though the messages tell you it is. The system files have been tempered with. Read more on MDL about this. It has been shown many times that it fakes activation.
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/th...if-any/page466?p=630762&viewfull=1#post630762
if you do a sfc /scannow and reboot you will see that your system is not activated. If you feel comfortable with it you can keep the files, however you need to realize that you are in fact not activated.

(to find out whether personalization works or not, got to the metro screen, move mouse bottom right corner to open settings in the charm bar, at the bottom you see Change PC settings, try to personalize Lock screen, start screen, account picture - if you are activated you have no problems here, if you are not it's likely greyed out)

best solution to get activated at the moment is to wait for a KMS server or wait until Oct26 to purchase it. You can try to register a PC you may purchase or already purchased here and hope that you only have to pay $15 when it comes out (for a PC you haven't actually purchased). It may or may not work. Many believe that MS won't be able to check that many registered PCs to see if these have actually been recently purchased. We will see.

good luck

Last edited:

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
What do people mean "won't let your personalize."? Is there something I am missing?

Also OP, how do you know it was permanently installed, and not 90/180 days?

Windows, not the program confirmed it was permanently activated. This is not kms... this is all done locally.

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
>Isn't this classed as warez

No, it's classified as malware, as in "let's infect all the dumb pirates desperate for keys". Kiddies need to learn about social engineering at some point, and this is a good time as any.

484 thanks? And you are that ignorant? Please grow up. This requires build 9200. Not the consumer version and it works flawlessly.

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
it doesn't let you personalize because Win8 isn't really activated, even though the messages tell you it is. The system files have been tempered with. Read more on MDL about this. It has been shown many times that it fakes activation.
http://forums.mydigitallife.info/th...if-any/page466?p=630762&viewfull=1#post630762
if you do a sfc /scannow and reboot you will see that your system is not activated. If you feel comfortable with it you can keep the files, however you need to realize that you are in fact not activated.

(to find out whether personalization works or not, got to the metro screen, move mouse bottom right corner to open settings in the charm bar, at the bottom you see Change PC settings, try to personalize Lock screen, start screen, account picture - if you are activated you have no problems here, if you are not it's likely greyed out)

best solution to get activated at the moment is to wait for a KMS server or wait until Oct26 to purchase it. You can try to register a PC you may purchase or already purchased here and hope that you only have to pay $15 when it comes out (for a PC you haven't actually purchased). It may or may not work. Many believe that MS won't be able to check that many registered PCs to see if these have actually been recently purchased. We will see.

good luck

Interesting. I am not losing any functionality however so can you explain more? I don't see that personalization menu but I can personalize themes and stuff exactly like windows 8. Games work, net framework is functioning so I don't see what I'm missing out on...

atrix4g18

Jun 23, 2012
UPDATE: Personalization does NOT work in METRO. Everything works flawlessly and I tend to stay in desktop mode so I didn't realize this. DESKTOP MODE CAN BE PERSONALIZED. This still gives you enables everything I wanted so I don't see the problem. My metro background doesn't matter to me. I can also just install a win7 start menu, but again I have no issues and this works flawlessly.

derausgewanderte

Aug 9, 2009
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra

the more important point is that you are not activated. System files have been replaced and sooner than later with a Windows Update these files will be fixed. Just letting you know and that you are aware of it. The system "fakes" activation - period. It spoofs some strings and flips some "switches" to make things appear that you are activated when in fact you are not.

You can do everything else without Win8 activation as well and use the system forever. You have the watermark and a reminder to activate. You can remove the watermark and activation reminder with the remover somebody made . However, that patch will not report that you are activated, it will only remove watermark and bypass activation message. Your OP reports on a nasty (not only my opinion) patch that replaces some system files that actually fake activation. You should at least change the statement that it will permanently activate Windows8, this is not true and has been proven to be fake (see MDL posts).

I personally don't like patches that replace system files that I am not aware of and that claim to give you activation when in fact it replaces text within dll's that fool you. If you want to be informed on how to activate Win8 I suggest reading the MDL forum about Win8 activation.

Last edited:

Ndaoud360

Oct 19, 2009
It is not ACTIVATED! I downloaded to try and downloaded Microsoft something. I forget what its called but it checks for stuff on your computer that is not activated and Windows 8 was on there and said Windows 8 is not genuine. SO there you go.

I did manage to activate it permanently though by getting a serial number off a youtube vid and activate via UK Microsoft number and worked WITH personalize working!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It is not ACTIVATED! I downloaded to try and downloaded Microsoft something. I forget what its called but it checks for stuff on your computer that is not activated and Windows 8 was on there and said Windows 8 is not genuine. SO there you go.

I did manage to activate it permanently though by getting a serial number off a youtube vid and activate via UK Microsoft number and worked WITH personalize working!!!!
    THIS IS ILLEGAL. DO NOT POST CRACKS FOR ACTIVATING WINDOWS.