• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE/ADB] OPPO FIND X System Apps Safe To Uninstall/Disable Without Root

Search This thread

fediroth

Dec 10, 2016
I definitely didn't put a password on the archive file. Super weird... going to try and just post these APK's here (I'm still fairly new to the forum so I have no idea if this stuff works).
can you extract myoppo apk? please ??

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:49 PM ----------

If you follow link on first page it also mentions how to reinstall an deleted app.

thx, maybe you know)Remember name of myoppo package?

Yomamura29

Oct 16, 2019
Can somebody help me. When i remove the security app idk the one who check if the apk is safe its white screen my device when i install apk from local storage. What should i revert/install or how to remove that checking thing when i install from storage device. Help

saurav_k

Aug 16, 2011
How to disable Realme / Oppo's virus scan or uninstall it completely. I disabled lot of stuff using adb but virus scan is not stopping. I need to install ES File explorer apk which is removed from play store due to some issues now. It everytime detects it as virus and removes it. Can someone help plz

zhangxiaotuntun

Feb 20, 2020
hi this is a findx user from china. I wander when I use adb adb shell pm disable-user n*****launcher to delete oppo launcher but it displays Package *****launcher new state: default. And I have no idea what does it means. My current use Color OS 7 based on android 10.*** because this page tells me no u

DefaultJ

Mar 27, 2020
My Device is: PAFM00

I have removed these 3 packages and have completely normal background process control now.

Side Effects:
- The "Battery" settings page no longer functions (?)
- Locking an app still exists (do it from the recent apps card view)
- Locking an app still boots it on bootup
- Apps are never killed from background processes unless you kill them manually

This is perfect! I'm getting push notifications from any running app, and apps are never shut down in the background. I've confirmed it across all apps and made sure to do it without any "lock" icons on them.

I've confirmed this working with:
- Google Voice
- Google Hangouts
- Slack
- Discord
- Google Inbox
- Instagram
- August
- Google Calendar

My confirmation method was to:
1. Reboot phone
2. Launch app
3. Confirm no lock icon in recent apps view
4. Lock Phone
5. Enable all notification settings
6. Have friend using their app message me (for example, send an SMS to my Voice number)
7. See edge lighting on black lock screen
8. Power button
9. See lock screen notification
10. See notification in Notification Shade / Control center by pulling down from the top

@Crowbar Asdfghjkl You're my hero!!!

Edit: Despite our common knowledge of push notifications, I have to at least launch the apps on startup to spin up the non-locked apps background services. I use an app called "Boot Apps" (Blue smiley icon) to do this. I lock this app so it launches on boot, and then that app launches 8 apps once the android system is ready. Any time I need push notifications from an app I install, I use this app to add to the list. Boot Apps is $0.99 USD in the google play store to launch more than 3 apps.

Is it safe to disable com.coloros.safecenter and com.coloros.oppoguardelf? what are they use for what do they do?

JengaMasterG

Sep 1, 2012
Devon
Is it safe to disable com.coloros.safecenter and com.coloros.oppoguardelf? what are they use for what do they do?

From what I saw, safecenter and guardelf manage the battery and security parts of the system. So you can lose some permission settings like floating window and some battery stats. I've kept those and only removed athena for now. I'll see how that affects my day-to-day use while using boot apps :good:

UPDATE 4/14/20:
It looks like you can disable oppoguardelf only and gain some of the background process back with using the "Boot Apps" application as well.

For com.coloros.safecenter (Permission Manager)
So far what I've seen in Better Battery stats is safecenter doesn't have a wakelock or background process. You do not have to remove safecenter!.
What I have on my phone:
Wiped data on permission manager app
Force stopped it
Disabled Permission Monitoring in Developer Options

With this turned off you can still manually change permissions and have floating window permission access. Removing safecenter removes access to advanced permissions like floating windows! The downside to this is the system still has the 5 application limit with background apps.

For com.coloros.oppoguardelf
This is what blocks applications from running in the background. It builds upon Android's battery optimization settings and enforces doze policies.
Removing this app WILL disable the battery menu in settings!

2nd Update: I'm not sure if this is in ColorOS 6, but in 7 there is a setting under battery for "App Quick Freeze" which aggressively force stopped apps after you've left them for a couple minutes in the background. Try disabling that, clearing cache for all apps, and restarting your phone before doing any of the above system changes and see if you get the results you want. :good:

Last edited:
Reactions: BCNR32_GTR
Sep 5, 2015
Hello,
I've removed com.coloros.oppomultiapp and I don't have now app cloning possibility.
Does someone know where I'd download it? ADB reinstall command gives package: inaccessible or not found so I can't reinstall it.

Further question is, which is the name of the antivirus service? I can't find it in Phone Manager after ADB debloating.

Thx in advance.

TheDyson

Jun 17, 2020
Anybody able to set a new default launcher for Oppo R15 (ColorOS 7)? If I try to uninstall I get Failure DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR and if I try to disable I get Shell cannot change component state from null

rayjt9

Mar 25, 2010
Anybody able to set a new default launcher for Oppo R15 (ColorOS 7)? If I try to uninstall I get Failure DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR and if I try to disable I get Shell cannot change component state from null

Same issue with Oppo Ace 2. Really frustrating. Don't seem to be able to remove or change the default launcher whatsoever. Also unable to delete the launcher apk.

drazil22

May 27, 2010
I just ran the update to go to ColorOS 7.0, then to 7.1 and now getting the Failure [DELETE_FAILED_INTERNAL_ERROR] when trying to uninstall com.oppo.launcher for user 0. I think they caught on and locked down that package in newer ColorOS :(. I regret letting that upgrade notification annoy me enough to upgrade.

Same issue with Oppo Ace 2. Really frustrating. Don't seem to be able to remove or change the default launcher whatsoever. Also unable to delete the launcher apk.

---------- Post added at 12:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:45 PM ----------

If you used the uninstall -k --user 0 command from 1st post to remove it, you can try: adb shell cmd package install-existing com.coloros.securitypermission

is there anyway i can get back the com.coloros.securitypermission?

PHC - Naethan

Jun 5, 2020
It Worked #OppoA5s

Thanks Bro, I't work same in my OPPO A5s.. But there is one problem of mine.. I can't find the package (com.mobiletools.systemhelper) Here in A5s, but i see similarly to them, It's called packaged (com.coloros.sauhelper) Should i Disabled it ?

Rampage.73

Dec 4, 2020
i have an oppo find x2 pro i want to install the basic apps phone messages and contacts i deblot the google ones and i want to add the smart services that i don't have

Crying Unicorn

Sep 14, 2020
Uninstallation of com.coloros.weather.service gives screen flashing and not recognizing pressings. I checked it two times whether I was logged on heytap and not and both of them gave the same result. So unistalling com.coloros.weather.service is not safe anymore on current ColorOs

Last edited:
Reactions: nickyip123

nickyip123

Apr 25, 2014
Nokia 8.1
Realme X
Uninstallation of com.coloros.weather.service gives screen flashing and not recognizing pressings. I checked it two times whether I was logged on heytap and not and both of them gave the same result. So unistalling com.coloros.weather.service is not safe anymore on current ColorOs
I've already known this specific problem on another Oppo phone, but I've forgotten this and done the ColorOS upgrade.

The screen now flickers and can't unlock. Can't adb shell too because I can't confirm.

I now let the screen on and flickers. After low battery and shutdown, maybe I'll go to recovery to wipe? I've not tried this before.

Or can I have a way to go into adb shell without the confirmation?

Just one line of
cmd package install-existing com.coloros.weather.service
would solve the problem. But I've to be able to run adb commands first.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    THIS TUTORIAL IS GEARED TOWARDS THOSE THAT HAVE THE VERSION OF THE PHONE WITH CHINESE FIRMWARE,MAY BE USED AS A GENERAL GUIDE FOR OTHER VERSIONS.

The subject of app/bloatware removal/disabling has been mentioned in a few threads throughout the Oppo Find X forum,so,I thought I'd start a thread to centralize the topic.
    As w/any mods go,this is one that's fairly harmless,worse case scenario,a factory reset will get you back on track,but,ultimately everyone is responsible for their own phone & what happens to it.

With that out of the way..............
    1) Any app that can be easily uninstalled by the "uninstall" button is 100% safe,no harm whatsoever. If you want,d/l an apk extractor tool app to make a copy & store wherever,should you change your mind.

2) Now,most are interested in getting rid of as many of the OPPO system apps as possible w/o crippling wanted functionality. This will be an evolving list,& gradually adding to it,with input from anyone interested,I'll update the list right here.

3) OK,the How-To is right here https://www.xda-developers.com/uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/

4) Any input regarding adding to the list is encouraged.
    If you have something to add to the list that you're tried out yourself,please include any effects on functionality that may have resulted,especially if it affected other apps & their functionality,good,bad,or otherwise.

5) Once again,tried & tested input is highly encouraged & welcome. I'm open to suggestions on trying out app removal that ventures into uncharted territory,however,depending on what it is & how/when I'm using my phone,it might be a few days before I'm free for Guinea Pig duty..... :laugh:

6) Touching on point #5,if,for whatever reason,one is in no position to go into uncharted waters w/this,that's fine,I just recommend waiting a few days after the apps that you're interested in removing 1st,check the list & dates below. No one wants a borked phone that needs reset at an inoppportune time to get things restored to useability.
    I myself won't be able to test every day,I get it,so,if you can't test things for yourself & share here,that is perfectly OK,JUST HANG IN THERE UNTIL THE SAFE LIST IS STABLE FOR A FEW DAYS BEFORE PROCEEDING.

The list will grow & evolve/be edited on a continuous basis until we all get it figured out. :good:

KUDOS to @justinswidebody for stepping up as a community leader & testing the apps that have risks/etc... that may warrant a reset/starting over,your efforts are to be commended by all who reap the rewards of your contributions,I can't thank you enough. :good:

A couple points worth repeating,from the link & instructions :

******** A factory reset will restore all uninstalled apps.

******** OTA's shouldn't be affected or affect the status of apps,whether they're installed or uninstalled (unless,of course,you've deleted something pertaining to updates,which won't be listed below)

FYI: The dates reflect the time of posting/removal,for ease of troubleshooting,in the event something noteworthy gets broken,it gives a good reference where to begin looking for the problem/solution.

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************
    OPPO LAUNCHER com.oppo.launcher (7/18/18) : Must install A 3rd Party Launcher (Nova/etc....) prior to removal.

Also,for those that plan on using swipe gestures for navigation,for some,it gets broken somewhat,read the following post on the subject:

https://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=77119245&postcount=40

The fix for the swipe navigation,if needed can be found here,courtesy of @justinswidebody ......... KUDOS :good: :

https://forum.xda-developers.com/find-X/how-to/guide-remove-lockscreen-rid-developer-t3819122

Those using virtual navigation buttons are unaffected.
    ******************************************************************************************************************************************************
    MESSAGES com.android.mms (7/18/18) : Ensure that you have an Oppo account before removal,to prevent Oppo ID pop-ups & possibly other issues.
    Recommend to have another SMS/MMS app installed before removal,may not be necessary.
    DO NOT REMOVE INFORMATION SERVICES (com.android.mms.service)

******************************************************************************************************************************************************

com.android.browser (7/18/18) : Recommend to have another browser installed before removal,may not be necessary
    com.android.printspooler (7/18/18)
    com.coloros.cloud (7/18/18)
    com.coloros.gamespace (7/18/18)
    com.coloros.soundrecorder (7/18/18)
    com.coloros.speechassist (7/18/18)
    com.nearme.atlas (7/18/18)
    com.nearme.instant.platform (7/18/18)
    com.oppo.logkitservice (7/18/18)
    com.oppo.logkit (7/18/18)
    com.oppo.ovoicemanager (7/18/18)
    com.oppo.oppopowermonitor (7/18/18)
    com.oppo.quicksearchbox (7/18/18)
    com.oppo.securepay (7/18/18)
    com.oppo.webview (7/18/18)

com.android.calendar (7/19/18)
    com.coloros.appmanager (7/19/18)
    com.coloros.childrenspace (7/19/18) KidSpace
    com.coloros.healthcheck (7/19/18)
    com.coloros.weather.service (7/19/18)
    com.coloros.widget.smallweather (7/19/18) Clock Widget
    com.mobiletools.systemhelper (7/19/18)
    com.oppo.fingerprints.fingerprintsensortest (7/19/18) Fingerprint Sensor Test

com.coloros.oppomultiapp (7/20/18) Clone Apps (Removing Clone Phone breaks this,by removing the base package & suspect vice versa,removing one breaks the other)
    com.coloros.backuprestore (7/20/18) Clone Phone
    com.coloros.assistantscreen (7/20/18) Smart Assistant

*****************************************************************************************************************************************************

The following,while they can be removed,are known to break significant functionality,or,cause other undesired results,remove at your own risk:

com.coloros.securitypermission (Privacy Permissions) (7/19/18) Breaks app permission management when removed.
    com.coloros.pictorial (Lockscreen Magazine) (7/19/18) Removal will result in no longer being able to access Lockscreen settings,I recommend keeping this one
    com.OppoFreeFallingMonitor.apk (8/8/18) Provides protection for camera slider in the event of a fall. Best described here: https://www.gizchina.com/2018/06/20...s-anti-fall-feature-guarantees-5-years-usage/
    According to running processes in the developer options, it looks like com.coloros.athena is responsible for killing background processes. I will have to look into this further tomorrow.

EDIT: I deleted com.coloros.athena together with com.coloros.safecenter and com.coloros.oppoguardelf. Looks like Tasker is running in the background now (though it is using a suspiciously small amount of ram compared with previous phones I have).
    DO NOT uninstall OppoFreeFallingMonitor.apk. This app is used to retract the camera back in to save from damage ifthe phone should be dropped for whatever reason
    According to running processes in the developer options, it looks like com.coloros.athena is responsible for killing background processes. I will have to look into this further tomorrow.

EDIT: I deleted com.coloros.athena together with com.coloros.safecenter and com.coloros.oppoguardelf. Looks like Tasker is running in the background now (though it is using a suspiciously small amount of ram compared with previous phones I have).

My Device is: PAFM00

I have removed these 3 packages and have completely normal background process control now.

Side Effects:
    - The "Battery" settings page no longer functions (?)
    - Locking an app still exists (do it from the recent apps card view)
    - Locking an app still boots it on bootup
    - Apps are never killed from background processes unless you kill them manually

This is perfect! I'm getting push notifications from any running app, and apps are never shut down in the background. I've confirmed it across all apps and made sure to do it without any "lock" icons on them.

I've confirmed this working with:
    - Google Voice
    - Google Hangouts
    - Slack
    - Discord
    - Google Inbox
    - Instagram
    - August
    - Google Calendar

My confirmation method was to:
    1. Reboot phone
    2. Launch app
    3. Confirm no lock icon in recent apps view
    4. Lock Phone
    5. Enable all notification settings
    6. Have friend using their app message me (for example, send an SMS to my Voice number)
    7. See edge lighting on black lock screen
    8. Power button
    9. See lock screen notification
    10. See notification in Notification Shade / Control center by pulling down from the top

@Crowbar Asdfghjkl You're my hero!!!

Edit: Despite our common knowledge of push notifications, I have to at least launch the apps on startup to spin up the non-locked apps background services. I use an app called "Boot Apps" (Blue smiley icon) to do this. I lock this app so it launches on boot, and then that app launches 8 apps once the android system is ready. Any time I need push notifications from an app I install, I use this app to add to the list. Boot Apps is $0.99 USD in the google play store to launch more than 3 apps.
    wait wait wait (peter griffin voice).

are you telling us that you have solved the max 5 app running in background, for all the apps???

this will be the best news that we can get right now!!

please bro don't leave us in the dark, tell us everything.

can you make a youtube video where you show us opening like multiple apps and open them again without the app closing itself??

you were able with this to enable also autostart on boot? or in case of device reboot we need to open each app for the first time?

i will get my phone tomorrow and will start to check how to fix this ****ty coloros for all the community

regards

Yes, It is solved. Battery drains a little faster, but not too bad. All apps can now run in the background, and I haven't had any issues with going to recents and hitting whatever app I want and it opens without reloading itself.

I'm not big on making YouTube videos , but maybe someone else will do it after they follow my post.