[Guide]Alcatel Idol 5 6060C Bootloader Unlock and TWRP[/Guide]

Any body interested in being able to use gsi's with this phone?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

lehmancurtis

New From A-TEAM: lehmancurtis147

ALCATEL IDOL 5 : 6060C​
ACCESS FASTBOOT
UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
INSTALL TWRP

Special thanks to the mVirus Team for the reboot tool.

Ok, here we go!!!

Start fastboot:

1.*Unpack and launch the boot mode tool.

2.*Power off your 6060C.

3.*While holding vol- plug in device to PC.

4.*While continuing to hold vol- press power until the device starts and release power (not vol-).

5.*Once you see fastboot at the bottom of the device you can release vol-.

Unlock Bootloader:

Now that you are in fastboot mode, we need to unlock the bootloader.

Code:
fastboot oem unlock

Install Custom Recovery:

I forgot to mention I also built a working TWRP.img for this device.

1.*Unzip the recovery.zip.

2.*To install it.

Code:
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

3.*then...

Code:
fastboot oem reboot-recovery

4.*Welcome to team win recovery!

DOWNLOADS:
This is the boot-mode tool:

https://androidforums.com/attachments/mtk-bootmode-tool-zip.153347/

twrp link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1teI23ASm2IbIy_r4xV0jlzz_TzS3cvTc/view?usp=sharing

NOTE:

Unless you remove verity (and a handful of other annonyances) you will loose twrp. Luckily, I've already built a replacement system.img to solve this. Once its working right I'll share it.

I have the system image working, but it's huge. Probably why system and vendor were split in android 8. It's a 4.6 gigabyte image so as soon as I decide the best way to host it I will post it.

In the mean time, the way to keep updated is our telegram group.

A-Team General Discussion

Anything Alcatel, AIO ToolKit, Android, CricketRom

https://t.me/Android_General_Chat

Last edited:
Reactions: elocnix

lehmancurtis

Recoveries

!!!ANNOUNCEMENT!!!

New Recovery Options Available​

I now have managed to build a fully functional Pitch Black Recovery Image and and Orange Fox Recovery Image (the later is built from mostly 9.0 branch) and will be making them available soon if I see that anyone is actually interested.

Attachments

• OrangeFox-0-Unofficial-simba6.zip
    32.2 MB · Views: 79
  • SHRP_v2.3.2_simba6_cricket-.zip
    19.3 MB · Views: 70
  • PBRP-simba6_cricket-3.0.0-20200910-0520-UNOFFICIAL.zip
    41.4 MB · Views: 63
Last edited:

mickeybeats

Dec 15, 2015
St. Louis
LG G8
Thanks for the thread!! I don't have this device but to my amazement, this utility booted my Alcatel 3t 8 tablet into fastboot mode and I was bootloader unlocked in seconds! I can't thank you enough. This tool should be shared around. It may just be the key to unlocking the bootloader on a plethora of 2018+ MTK devices.

Reactions: Azukegi

Nani Sore

Apr 24, 2021
Thanks for the thread!! I don't have this device but to my amazement, this utility booted my Alcatel 3t 8 tablet into fastboot mode and I was bootloader unlocked in seconds! I can't thank you enough. This tool should be shared around. It may just be the key to unlocking the bootloader on a plethora of 2018+ MTK devices.
Hi mickeybeats, I happen to have the Alcatel 3t 8 as well! I've been looking for a copy of the stock ROM/firmware everywhere and I'm unable to find it. Is it possible that you have a copy/know where I could download it? My tablet starting throwing up the feared "System UI has stopped" error and it seems reflashing stock ROM is the only way to fix it :(

lehmancurtis

For stock ROMs on Alcatel mtk devices, you need Sugar-mtk from Alcatel. It goes through the reflash process and as a bonus you can grab the firmware file from inside the flash tools program folders. The files don't use human readable formatting for the names but they end in either .bin or .mbn. A once over with a hexeditor should be enough to get a general idea of what they are. All the ones I've delt with had the boot.img label with a b at the beginning of the name and r for recovery, but gets a bit scattered from there.

elocnix

Jan 16, 2016
Hi all!

Is there anything similar to 'boot-mode too'l for Linux machines?
What would be a proper command-foo for this task?

The usual method with adb/fastboot obviously doesn't work with
Alcatel IDOL 5 (6058D/MT6753).

To install TWRP on Alcatel Idol 5, you first need to unlock the bootloader.The process is a bit more involved for this device than it is on most others.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    New From A-TEAM: lehmancurtis147

ALCATEL IDOL 5 : 6060C​
    ACCESS FASTBOOT
    UNLOCK BOOTLOADER
    INSTALL TWRP

Special thanks to the mVirus Team for the reboot tool.

Ok, here we go!!!

Start fastboot:

1.*Unpack and launch the boot mode tool.

2.*Power off your 6060C.

3.*While holding vol- plug in device to PC.

4.*While continuing to hold vol- press power until the device starts and release power (not vol-).

5.*Once you see fastboot at the bottom of the device you can release vol-.

Unlock Bootloader:

Now that you are in fastboot mode, we need to unlock the bootloader.

Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

Install Custom Recovery:

I forgot to mention I also built a working TWRP.img for this device.

1.*Unzip the recovery.zip.

2.*To install it.

Code:
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

3.*then...

Code:
    fastboot oem reboot-recovery

4.*Welcome to team win recovery!

DOWNLOADS:
    This is the boot-mode tool:

https://androidforums.com/attachments/mtk-bootmode-tool-zip.153347/

twrp link:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1teI23ASm2IbIy_r4xV0jlzz_TzS3cvTc/view?usp=sharing

NOTE:

Unless you remove verity (and a handful of other annonyances) you will loose twrp. Luckily, I've already built a replacement system.img to solve this. Once its working right I'll share it.

I have the system image working, but it's huge. Probably why system and vendor were split in android 8. It's a 4.6 gigabyte image so as soon as I decide the best way to host it I will post it.

In the mean time, the way to keep updated is our telegram group.

A-Team General Discussion

Anything Alcatel, AIO ToolKit, Android, CricketRom

https://t.me/Android_General_Chat
    Hi mickeybeats, I happen to have the Alcatel 3t 8 as well! I've been looking for a copy of the stock ROM/firmware everywhere and I'm unable to find it. Is it possible that you have a copy/know where I could download it? My tablet starting throwing up the feared "System UI has stopped" error and it seems reflashing stock ROM is the only way to fix it :(
    For stock ROMs on Alcatel mtk devices, you need Sugar-mtk from Alcatel. It goes through the reflash process and as a bonus you can grab the firmware file from inside the flash tools program folders. The files don't use human readable formatting for the names but they end in either .bin or .mbn. A once over with a hexeditor should be enough to get a general idea of what they are. All the ones I've delt with had the boot.img label with a b at the beginning of the name and r for recovery, but gets a bit scattered from there.
    I can confirm that the bootloader thing works for the 6058D model (MTK 6753)
    Post your boot.img if you don't already have a custom recovery and I will build one for yours.