/* * Your warranty is now void. * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns. * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
A guide to unlock bootloader, flash a custom recovery and root your Redmi Note 8/8T device :
1. UNLOCKING BOOTLOADER :
Backup your data first. Unlocking will erase your data.
- Enable Developer Options in your phone by tapping the "MIUI Version" 7 times in About Phone.
- Go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM Unlocking, USB Debugging and USB Debugging (Security Settings) .
- Also add account in Mi Unlock Status (Can be found in Developer Options).
- Install the required ADB and Fastboot drivers in your PC from here.
- Download Mi Unlock to PC from here, and sign in with your Mi Account.
- Shut down your phone manually, and hold volume down key and power button to enter Fastboot mode.
- Connect your phone to PC using USB cable and click "Unlock" in Mi Unlock Tool.
- You will be given a specific time (168 hours usually).
- Wait for the given time. Make sure to use your phone and don't log out of your mi account from the phone or reset your device.
- Once waiting time is over, redo Unlock process.
- Your phone will be unlocked successfully.
2. FLASHING TWRP :
- Install the required ADB and Fastboot drivers in your PC if not already in step 1. from here.
- Download TWRP from here.
- Put that TWRP in the ADB and Fastboot installed folder (mostly C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot).
- Rename that recovery(TWRP file) to "recovery" for convenience (optional).
- Click on Start Menu, type cmd
- Right click and select Run as administrator
- Then type:
cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Minimal ADB and Fastboot
- Now Connect your phone to PC With USB Debugging on (keep phone on).
and accept the pop up on phone's screen.
- Now reboot your phone to Fastboot mode either manually by shutting down phone and then holding volume down key and power button or by:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once in Fastboot mode type:
- Your device ID will be visible on Screen.
- Then type(hit ENTER after each line):
fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot boot recovery.img
- Now your phone will boot into TWRP.
OPTIONAL STEPS (Not Recommended): Encryption is always recommended for better security. However if you don't want encryption in your device, follow these steps. Again, not recommended.
- In TWRP go to Wipe and select Format Data(don't go to advanced). Type yes and format data. [This process will format all your data so make sure your data is backed up]
- Go back to TWRP home and Reboot > Recovery.(Don't reboot system or else you will have to repeat whole process again).
3. ROOTING :
- Download Magisk zip to PC from here.
- Download Universal DM-Verity and ForceEncrypt disabler from here. (Only required if you followed optional steps.)
- When in TWRP transfer the file(s) to phone and go to Install.
- Here select Magisk zip file and swipe to flash.
- Then select Universal DM-Verity and ForceEncrypt disabler zip and swipe to flash(Make sure to flash this at last or else phone won't boot). (Only required if you followed optional steps.)
- Reboot system.
- Done. Debloat. Enjoy
1. Minimal ADB and Fastboot
2. MI Unlock Tool
5. Universal DM-Verity and ForceEncrypt Disabler (OPTIONAL)
If this helped you then hit the Thanks Button. Good Luck.