[GUIDE] [All devices] [NO ROOT/ROOT] [Lollipop-Pie] How to record internal audio

Search This thread

Kokalebougre

Since Android 7, only Samsung device were able to record internal audio. But today I found a way to record internal audio with probably any Android 5 and above (tested on op5t 8.1 and 9.0).
Update: MIUI 10 (Android 8) have an inbuilt screen recorder that can record internal sound, but I don't know about MIUI pie.

It works on rooted and on some non rooted (confirmed working on OnePlus, Xiaomi, and few Moto) devices.
Install ScreenCam Screen Recorder (It's open-source!).
You can choose between 3 audio recording method :
-Mic : only mic
-Internal audio (Default source) : internal audio + mic, no root, confirmed working by dev on OnePlus, Xiaomi, and few Moto
-Internal audio (System app, R_Submix) : internal audio only, but need to be rooted and install a magisk module

Instructions for Internal audio (System app, R_Submix):
-Download and install the magisk module (latest stable worked for me)
-Reboot
-Enjoy!

Alternative(root, Nougat-Pie):
Method 1:
You need to be rooted
Install Internal Audio Plugin, click enable then reboot.

Method 2:
You need to be rooted with magisk
1. install App systemizer from magisk repo and reboot
2. Install Internal Audio Plugin
3. With Terminal Emulator , enter the following lines :
:su
:systemize
Choose "Systemize Installed Apps (Enter label)" , enter "com.mobzapp.internalaudioplugin" then choose priv-app and reboot.

Then you can record your screen with internal audio with RecMe or you can stream with internal audio with ScreenStream. Don't forget to set audio source to internal sound.

If it says your device isn't compatible :
Okay Guys I Finally Got The Solution For Android Internal Recording!
This Is A Temporary Fix/Solution But As Said Something Is Better Than Nothing!
Okay Guys So You Have To Follow All The Steps In The Guide Except The App Systemizing Part It's Pretty Simpe After Enabling The Audio Plugin And Configuring The Audio Source To (Internal Only) You Have To Make Sure That You Open REC Me App Right After It. I Mean In Recent Tab First Open Internal Audio Plugin And Then Open The REC Me App One Below The Other Or Whatever You're Recent Style Is It Just Has To Be One After The Other. 1) Internal Audio Plugin Then REC Me App And Start You're Recording. Then It Should Work Perfectly Fine That's All I Got Hope This Helps!
Peace
But sadly internal audio plugin process is sometime killed by android so you can't record for long time and that's why sometimes sound recording suddenly stop. At the moment the only solution is to downgrade :
Guys I Have Seen In The Lastest Version Of REC Me App That The Recorded Video Slows Down And The There No Sound In The Video For This I Came Up With This Old Version Of The App Which Supports Lag Free Recording And Internal Audio Just Follow My Previous Step's With This App And Every Thing Should Be Fine!
LINK:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q99VYTej_kPVzUiFGdJ1pzEUyPM1uVj3/view?usp=drivesdk
Go Ahead And Install It Now And Let Me Know If It Worked For You.
And Make Sure Not To Change The Storage Path In The Prefrence.
And Once You Have Configured Internal Audio In The Audio Settings Do Not Change It Even After Restarting App Shows Only Normal Option Like File, Mic ETC Once It's Selected It Should Work Perfectly Fine!

Credits :
- @topjohnwu for Magisk
-MOBZAPP
-Orpheusdroid Apps
- @stangri and @loserskater for App Systemizer

Last edited:

chcknsld

Jan 18, 2015
Since Android 7, only Samsung device were able to record internal audio. But today I found a way to record internal audio with probably any Android 7 and above (tested on op5t 8.1).

1. install App systemizer from magsik repo and reboot
2. Install this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobzapp.internalaudioplugin
3. With terminal emulator (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm) , enter the following lines :
Choose "Systemize Installed Apps (Enter label)" , enter "com.mobzapp.internalaudioplugin" then choose priv-app and reboot.

Then you can record with internal audio with this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobzapp.recme.free or you can stream with internal audio with this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobzapp.screenstream.trial . Don't forget to set audio source to internal sound.

Holy hell it worked! Thanks for this. I've been trying to figure out for hours how to screenrecord using internal audio. High rated apps from playstore failed me but this.

Reactions: Kokalebougre

xdriv3r

Jun 24, 2014
Does this mean it's failed? Should I do this after plugin is enabled?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181212-165007.png
    Screenshot_20181212-165007.png
    127.1 KB · Views: 2,558

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since Android 7, only Samsung device were able to record internal audio. But today I found a way to record internal audio with probably any Android 5 and above (tested on op5t 8.1 and 9.0).
    Update: MIUI 10 (Android 8) have an inbuilt screen recorder that can record internal sound, but I don't know about MIUI pie.

It works on rooted and on some non rooted (confirmed working on OnePlus, Xiaomi, and few Moto) devices.
    Install ScreenCam Screen Recorder (It's open-source!).
    You can choose between 3 audio recording method :
    -Mic : only mic
    -Internal audio (Default source) : internal audio + mic, no root, confirmed working by dev on OnePlus, Xiaomi, and few Moto
    -Internal audio (System app, R_Submix) : internal audio only, but need to be rooted and install a magisk module

Instructions for Internal audio (System app, R_Submix):
    -Download and install the magisk module (latest stable worked for me)
    -Reboot
    -Enjoy!

Alternative(root, Nougat-Pie):
    Method 1:
    You need to be rooted
    Install Internal Audio Plugin, click enable then reboot.

Method 2:
    1. install App systemizer from magisk repo and reboot
    2. Install Internal Audio Plugin
    3. With Terminal Emulator , enter the following lines :

Then you can record your screen with internal audio with RecMe or you can stream with internal audio with ScreenStream. Don't forget to set audio source to internal sound.

If it says your device isn't compatible :
    Okay Guys I Finally Got The Solution For Android Internal Recording!
    This Is A Temporary Fix/Solution But As Said Something Is Better Than Nothing!
    Okay Guys So You Have To Follow All The Steps In The Guide Except The App Systemizing Part It's Pretty Simpe After Enabling The Audio Plugin And Configuring The Audio Source To (Internal Only) You Have To Make Sure That You Open REC Me App Right After It. I Mean In Recent Tab First Open Internal Audio Plugin And Then Open The REC Me App One Below The Other Or Whatever You're Recent Style Is It Just Has To Be One After The Other. 1) Internal Audio Plugin Then REC Me App And Start You're Recording. Then It Should Work Perfectly Fine That's All I Got Hope This Helps!
    Peace
    But sadly internal audio plugin process is sometime killed by android so you can't record for long time and that's why sometimes sound recording suddenly stop. At the moment the only solution is to downgrade :
    Guys I Have Seen In The Lastest Version Of REC Me App That The Recorded Video Slows Down And The There No Sound In The Video For This I Came Up With This Old Version Of The App Which Supports Lag Free Recording And Internal Audio Just Follow My Previous Step's With This App And Every Thing Should Be Fine!
    LINK:https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Q99VYTej_kPVzUiFGdJ1pzEUyPM1uVj3/view?usp=drivesdk
    Go Ahead And Install It Now And Let Me Know If It Worked For You.
    And Make Sure Not To Change The Storage Path In The Prefrence.
    And Once You Have Configured Internal Audio In The Audio Settings Do Not Change It Even After Restarting App Shows Only Normal Option Like File, Mic ETC Once It's Selected It Should Work Perfectly Fine!

Credits :
    - @topjohnwu for Magisk
    -MOBZAPP
    -Orpheusdroid Apps
    - @stangri and @loserskater for App Systemizer
    Does this mean it's failed? Should I do this after plugin is enabled?
    Retry after reboot, you can check if you can only disable the app it means it's done
    And if it still fail contact the creator of this magsik module

EDIT : don't work anymore on Pie.
    Working (with some effort)

I got it to work on my 1+6T running O² beta 3. The extra steps not included in this guide are as follows.. in the recme app in audio options tap the install plug in option, it'll take you to the play store, it should show you have it already, tap open, that should take you back to recme and that option should have disappeared. Now in the app drawer tap the internal plug in icon, there's not much there just a message saying it needs root and a green light saying it's enabled. Tap the enable/disable box, now it should ask for root, grant root, the light never changes but after it finishes and says reboot go ahead and reboot. Upon restart go back and tap that box again and reboot again, you should get messages that it's using it's root privilege. After restart the option for internal audit recording should be present. I've noticed that rec me will forget so to speak that the plug in is installed, just tap and pretend to reinstall to fix, note you need to back out of the settings menu the go back in to show the change. I don't know how long it will record for as I've only done a few test runs , 6 minutes is the longest I did. Hopefully this will help out some folks.
    Since Android 7, only Samsung device were able to record internal audio. But today I found a way to record internal audio with probably any Android 7 and above (tested on op5t 8.1).

1. install App systemizer from magsik repo and reboot
    2. Install this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobzapp.internalaudioplugin
    3. With terminal emulator (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jackpal.androidterm) , enter the following lines :

Then you can record with internal audio with this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobzapp.recme.free or you can stream with internal audio with this https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mobzapp.screenstream.trial . Don't forget to set audio source to internal sound.

Holy hell it worked! Thanks for this. I've been trying to figure out for hours how to screenrecord using internal audio. High rated apps from playstore failed me but this.
    It's working on Android pie for me now however the audio doesn't play back when recording which kind of beats the point for me since I wanna record my games and stream. Any suggestions?

Moto G5 Plus with Pixel Experience Caf Android 9.0
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone