May 9, 2012
Found a few bits tonight:

Unlock page on huawei.com:

http://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=unlock&mod=detail

Kernel source 4.4.4:

http://emui.huawei.com/en/plugin.php?id=hwdownload&mod=detail&mid=75

Huawei music player:

http://appstore.huawei.com/app/C10021449

Added to system. EDIT: Actually since the cloud feature doesn't work in our region and the online music is all Chinese I decided on "Music" from the f-droid app for the system, it's simular to Applo and gpl without the aforementioned issues and it's much smaller.

Here is some info that may be helpful. It was posted a few pages back

Sent from my Nexus 5

erichss

Mar 30, 2008
I looked through this thread, but may have missed it. Are there any ROMs to DL for the Y536A1?
I am looking pretty much for a clean ROM that does not have all the extra stuff from the carriers.
If somebody could point me in the right direction to grab a ROM that will work on this phone, it would be much appreciated.

ilmcgee

May 9, 2013
Anyone working on custom roms for this phone? Wish I had experience and a computer with enough power to do it, I'd be all over It. Pretty nice phone, just needs some love. Att really hampered it since it's a cheap go phone.

Shadicbypass

Jun 11, 2014
Conway
Anyone working on custom roms for this phone? Wish I had experience and a computer with enough power to do it, I'd be all over It. Pretty nice phone, just needs some love. Att really hampered it since it's a cheap go phone.

Me and nobreak1970 have known about this for a while now but did not want to let you guys know till we were pretty close. Patrik.KT is making cm11 for our phone based on his y550 cm11. He should be releasing it soon.

ilmcgee

May 9, 2013
Me and nobreak1970 have known about this for a while now but did not want to let you guys know till we were pretty close. Patrik.KT is making cm11 for our phone based on his y550 cm11. He should be releasing it soon.

Excellent! Checked out the y550 and looks like a lot of the hardware is the same, should help on building. Love to help with testing if needed.

tone007

Nov 10, 2005
Just thought I'd drop this here, I got this case for my phone and it really improves the look and feel in my opinion: http://www.ebay.com/itm/351411615341

I do have a question about getting the bloatware off of it, though, I've rooted with Kingoroot but can't figure out how to get the file systems to mount r/w. I used to use Root Explorer on other devices but that doesn't seem to work, nor did the simple "mount rw" apps I've found. I haven't unlocked the bootloader, is that necessary? Very happy with the phone for the price, but 4GB is very tight.

Shadicbypass

Jun 11, 2014
Conway
Just thought I'd drop this here, I got this case for my phone and it really improves the look and feel in my opinion: http://www.ebay.com/itm/351411615341

I do have a question about getting the bloatware off of it, though, I've rooted with Kingoroot but can't figure out how to get the file systems to mount r/w. I used to use Root Explorer on other devices but that doesn't seem to work, nor did the simple "mount rw" apps I've found. I haven't unlocked the bootloader, is that necessary? Very happy with the phone for the price, but 4GB is very tight.

You have to manually delete them if you read through the whole thread. I have posted about deleting the bloatware before.

ShapesBlue

May 9, 2012
Yes it's all accurate King root will root this phone if you don't feel comfortable flashing the new kernel.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3107461

No custom ROMs at this time.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using XDA Free mobile app

Finally rooted my daughters phone. I'd love to see what a custom rom would bring to this phone. Although she wants another phone at this point because of the internal storage and she wants a better camera

Sent from my Nexus 5

callihn

Oct 14, 2012

We've been using these since purchase since I need a way to carry it too, now drop tested and holding up great.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Rugged-Armo...t=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item4880de7aac

I use Beensoft's Mount /system ( rw / ro ) and have added it to /system. Can't seem to get a Playstore link for it.

Try Root Browser.

Reactions: ShapesBlue

bmfc187

Feb 2, 2009
Austin, TX
Is there a way we could move some partitions around to maximize storage space? Im constantly getting storage warnings even after removing some of the bloatware (got rid of chrome and other most offensive apps, some remain and refuse to be removed, i.e. famigo), so what im wondering is, this device has a 4g "internal sd" if im not mistaken, but it seems to me that I can only choose between internal or external sd, no option seems to exist for using both concurrently, so I have a 32g sdcard and the "internal sd" storage is just sitting there, unused, while my phone complains about not having enough storage space. Ive been wanting to find a way to move apps to that partition to free up space, could this be possible?
There is a switch in settings>storage to switch between internal or external sd, and when I choose external, it seems to change the symlinks/mount points to the external sdcard, which basically "hides" the internal memory from being seen or used. I would like to be able to take advantage of that unused space. Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my ROOTED!!! HUAWEI Y536A1 using XDA Free mobile app

Shadicbypass

Jun 11, 2014
Conway
Is there a way we could move some partitions around to maximize storage space? Im constantly getting storage warnings even after removing some of the bloatware (got rid of chrome and other most offensive apps, some remain and refuse to be removed, i.e. famigo), so what im wondering is, this device has a 4g "internal sd" if im not mistaken, but it seems to me that I can only choose between internal or external sd, no option seems to exist for using both concurrently, so I have a 32g sdcard and the "internal sd" storage is just sitting there, unused, while my phone complains about not having enough storage space. Ive been wanting to find a way to move apps to that partition to free up space, could this be possible?
There is a switch in settings>storage to switch between internal or external sd, and when I choose external, it seems to change the symlinks/mount points to the external sdcard, which basically "hides" the internal memory from being seen or used. I would like to be able to take advantage of that unused space. Any thoughts on this?

Sent from my ROOTED!!! HUAWEI Y536A1 using XDA Free mobile app

Look through the threads on this phone I have already explained several times how to remove this apps that refuse to be removed. Concurrent storage use is only possible on Android m and when it is set to external storage if a app supports installation to SD card it will be moved to SD card. Most apps do not support this feature and it does not move the app data only part of the app.

mentalityx

Jun 27, 2010
Jville, FL
Samsung Galaxy S20
Ive been emailing Huawei for a couple of weeks now and still have not received a unlock code from them. Is there any other way to unlock the bootloader in this phone. Havent found much help in the Huawei forums. The DC Unlocker from 2013 does not detect this phone. Just thought I would try. The Huawei bootloader unlock code generator page never opens for me. Always says thats it 403 forbidden. The codes in the Huawei product generator never work. Anyone have any ideas??

Last edited:

techdeisel

Oct 31, 2010
Xiaomi Mi Max 3
LG Velvet
Ive been emailing Huawei for a couple of weeks now and still have not received a unlock code from them. Is there any other way to unlock the bootloader in this phone. Havent found much help in the Huawei forums. The DC Unlocker from 2013 does not detect this phone. Just thought I would try. Anyone have any ideas??

Ok this is just a quick reply but yes there is a different way to get an unlock code if you can go back and read through the first I think 3 pages of the thread and if you don't see it when I get off work I'll not only find it and link it but at some point this evening I'll make a video

Reactions: mentalityx

mentalityx

Jun 27, 2010
Jville, FL
Samsung Galaxy S20
Went back thru the pages and read and read. Still have not been able to unlock the bootloader. Not able to open the en.club.vmall.com links as they are 403 Forbidden when I click on them. Never had this much trouble with a device before.

Ok this is just a quick reply but yes there is a different way to get an unlock code if you can go back and read through the first I think 3 pages of the thread and if you don't see it when I get off work I'll not only find it and link it but at some point this evening I'll make a video

Reactions: Shadicbypass

Shadicbypass

Jun 11, 2014
Conway
Went back thru the pages and read and read. Still have not been able to unlock the bootloader. Not able to open the en.club.vmall.com links as they are 403 Forbidden when I click on them. Never had this much trouble with a device before.

Huawei shut down those links you have to sent an email or several until you get the code back.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Untitled-1.jpg

Here is a thread where we can all have a central spot to have fun with our phone. :)
    I would like to turn this into an "All Things Root" thread. I'll maintain it as things progress. :)

All info is available between this thread and the one linked.

Here is THE link to get the ball rolling on root.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3007547

FIRST AND FOREMOST THANK @stevotdo FOR MAKING ALL OF THIS POSSIBLE!!!!!!!! His talent and time got us ROOT
    Replaced the buggy recovery with TWRP 2.8.6.0 for Huawei Y536-A1, which should fix the horrible mis-aligned buttons & text.
    This is how the recovery supposed to look like.
    Here we go, folks. This is a VERY debloated version of OEM (Android v4.4.3/EmotionUI v2.3), running SuperSU and Xposed v2.5.1. You will have to select and install your own apps for LOTS of things. Also, since it's fully deodexed, you can remove the OEM launcher, Google Keyboard, etc, if you choose...just remember to install and set up an alternative FIRST.

The bootanimation and shutdown animation have been replaced, and the new ones amuse the tar out of me.

The Bluetooth app is your hardware driver, as well, so don't uninstall it. Both of the 'phone' apps are also needed. If you want AT&Ts VVM, it's on Play, as are numerous text editors, file managers, etc.

The OEM SMS app can be removed, after setting up a replacement, but if you use Google 2 factor login, you'll need it to sign into your Google account, in order to download an alternative.

It seems bug free, other than the "Android is updating" issue mentioned in my previous post. Also, see my 23 April post (above) for notes on Xposed options.

Consider it an alpha/beta ROM. If we discover any bugs, we'll address them together, as needed.

Have fun with it!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9NQwD2DDmxwUm5zUlgwbERGemc/view?usp=drivesdk

Sent from my HUAWEI Y536A1 using XDA-Developers mobile app

Please support @Chainfire for his exceptional work with SuperSU. If you're able, consider upgrading to SuperSU Pro and support development!

And of course, thank @codelover for the TWRP port!

P.S.: Unzip the package. Place the folder from inside the zip into your directory with your other TWRP backups (with names like " 2016-04-30--03-27-27_Y536A1V100R001C07B258"), then use the 'restore' option in TWRP to flash. (It's not setup as a flashable zip. It was only zipped, so it could be shared.)

3ba2d12cd3b8a520733ebf4eb7a3398e.jpg
    Work still happening...

Hey guys I've been posting in the other forum, I have actually been working on this phone for a bit now. Life tho has taken up most of my time. But right now I am researching other kernels and looking to implement them in. CM is possible, but that is down the road. Right now I am just creating a optimized stock rom... I am having to back track some so that things will work fluidly with other people. I have gone pretty deep into things. Even repartitioning the internal MMC so squeeze out as much space as i can. So just bare with me and I will give ya'll something to be proud of. This phone is my my dialy driver, so stability is the most important thing to me.

-Stephen
    AT&T Address Book

I have attached the APK for the AT&T address book