[GUIDE][Android 11] How to ROOT OnePlus 7T

Search This thread

javimuse

Apr 1, 2015
Argentina
Welcome, this is a guide to root OnePlus 7T with Magisk, tested on my OnePlus 7T HD1905 with Android 11 (GLOBAL) and works perfect.​

1-FIRST MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL YOUR FILES BECAUSE THIS PROCESS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR DATA
2-ENABLE USB DEBUGGING IN DEVELOPER OPTIONS
3-INSTALL 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3 AND OnePlus_USB_Drivers_Setup.exe
4-CONNECT YOUR ONEPLUS 7T TO PC AND ALLOW USB DEBUGGING REQUEST

ufv806X.jpg

UNLOCK BOOTLOADER (THIS PROCESS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR DATA)​

GO TO C:\adb AND OPEN A Windows PowerShell (SHIFT+Right-Click)

Code:
adb devices
adb reboot bootloader
Code:
fastboot oem unlock

eNNFiSU.jpg

s3sUBwb.jpg

INSTALL MAGISK AND PATH boot.img​

1-INSTALL Magisk-66e30a77(22006).apk
2-DOWNLOAD AND UNZIP boot.img
  1. boot.img (GLOBAL) FROM OnePlus7TOxygen_14.O.25_OTA_0250_all_2103170010_42034d7f PAYLOAD.BIN
  2. boot.img (EUROPE) FROM OnePlus7TOxygen_14.E.25_OTA_0250_all_2103162336_da326df80dc PAYLOAD.BIN
  3. boot.img (INDIA) FROM OnePlus7TOxygen_14.I.25_OTA_0250_all_2103170010_f57745e564 PAYLOAD.BIN
3-PASTE boot.img IN THE ONEPLUS 7T ROOT DIRECTORY
4-Open Magisk
5-In "Magisk" select "Install"
  1. "SELECT AND PATCH A FILE"
  2. NOW SELECT boot.img FILE FROM OP7T ROOT DIRECTORY and "LET´S GO"
2RffVO6.jpg

PATCHED boot.img = magisk_patched.zip (GLOBAL VARIANT, I DON'T KNOW IF IT WORKS WITH THE OTHER VARIANTS)

FLASH PATH BOOT.IMG​

1-COPY PATCHED BOOT.IMG ("magisk_patched.img") FROM DOWNLOAD DIRECTORY and paste it on C:\adb
2-ENABLE USB DEBUGGING IN DEVELOPER OPTIONS AGAIN
3-CONNECT YOUR ONEPLUS 7T TO PC AND ALLOW USB DEBUGGING REQUEST

ufv806X.jpg

Code:
adb reboot bootloader
fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
fastboot reboot

NOW JUST GO INTO MAGISK AND INSTALL THE APP

EGOLTJy.jpg

That's all!

Last edited:

miguelang611

May 14, 2016
OnePlus 7T
Hi there!

I am having absolutely no luck. I can get root but whichever patched image I use, my SIMs stop working.
My phone is HD1903 (European variant) and I am running OOS 11 Stable AA (Global ROM).

I have tried this:
-Guide provided here, using image and Magisk app (not patched image provided)
-With working stock boot image (ril included), boot patched (the one with link here) open magisk, direct install -> not working ril
-With working ril, using magisk app, patch image, grab image and flash it from fastboot. Tried with stable and canary apk. When I flash any of them, still no working ril.
-Reflash OOS11 to other slot, with chinese TWRP, backup boot image, flash from there Magisk zip. No luck, root but no SIMs
-Using that image backupped, patch from Magisk app, boot it, no SIM, flash it no SIM.

I have never had problems rooting this phone, but this is going really really strange, then Idk what to do really, the SIM thing is driving me crazy. Any idea is appreciated

Could it somewhat be related to the european variant + global ROM combo?

Thanks!

zer0se7en

• Apr 27, 2013
    Manila
    Sony Xperia ZL
    Google Nexus 5
    Hi there!

I am having absolutely no luck. I can get root but whichever patched image I use, my SIMs stop working.
    My phone is HD1903 (European variant) and I am running OOS 11 Stable AA (Global ROM).

I have tried this:
    -With working stock boot image (ril included), boot patched (the one with link here) open magisk, direct install -> not working ril
    -With working ril, using magisk app, patch image, grab image and flash it from fastboot. Tried with stable and canary apk. When I flash any of them, still no working ril.
    -Reflash OOS11 to other slot, with chinese TWRP, backup boot image, flash from there Magisk zip. No luck, root but no SIMs
    -Using that image backupped, patch from Magisk app, boot it, no SIM, flash it no SIM.

I have never had problems rooting this phone, but this is going really really strange, then Idk what to do really, the SIM thing is driving me crazy. Any idea is appreciated

Thanks!

Hi there!

I have tried this:

Thanks!
    Actually, I have been flashing Global on my 7T HD1903 since I purchased it. But recently, I have been having problems with the Global rom Android 11. Camera freezing on other modes aside from Photo. So I downgraded to 10.0.16. The took the plunge of flashing the EU rom Android 11. And hey, nicely flashed with no known errors or issues.

Then try this rooting process. And it all worked fine. MaYBE e you should try EU rom too.

Last edited:

miguelang611

May 14, 2016
    OnePlus 7T
    Actually, I have been flashing Global on my 7T HD1903 since I purchased it. But recently, I have been having problems with the Global rom Android 11. Camera freezing on other modes aside from Photo. So I downgraded to 10.0.16. The took the plunge of flashing the EU rom Android 11. And hey, nicely flashed with no known errors or issues.

Then tried this rooting process. And it all worked fine.Maybe you should try WU rom too.
    My issue was caused by a Magisk module, which strangely enough made android phone to fail, the process I was doing was right, except I didn't uninstall all modules before A11 update

D

Deleted member 11550323

I'm relatively new to payload dumpers and patching boot.img's so decided to sideload the Magisk.apk (22000) via fastbooted twrp instead, it worked a charm and all rooted.
    Only issue was I forgot to install the magisk app before hand so had to install it to get it on the app drawer, other than that, no issues.

Gimdaphone

Oct 2, 2019
    Bruxelles
    My issue was caused by a Magisk module, which strangely enough made android phone to fail, the process I was doing was right, except I didn't uninstall all modules before A11 update
    I do recall having this problem, it was already a bother ten months ago. I never found the actual problem, I just used several files until I got the right one working fine. Up until now I was using a rooted Oxygen OS 10.0.5 with magisk and it seemed to do the trick for me, but I got an automatic update a week ago and I got to root back my phone, might aswell update it.

But I fear that if I update to the 11 OS and try to root it, the exact problem will appear, I will wait for any fix in the future.

Update :
    I did it following a few tutorial from everywhere.

There's a lot of ways to do it but ultimately, you should have magisk on canary then patch your own boot.img (either see how to extract the payload file or get the correct boot.img version )

Then follow this :

Last edited:

Ralyks

Aug 1, 2017
    So this process seems to have gotten me farther than anything else has so far. Been trying to root my 7T. Unfortunately, it also seems to have bricked my phone. Any advice?

Mindworker

May 3, 2021
    When I boot from the patched boot.img and even when I'm booting from stock boot.img the phone starts woth boot animation and finally the screen just turns black. Sometimes when I press Power + Volume up/down in no specific order, I get a kind of "menu" where I can restart or lock the screen but it's almost unresponsive and it seems to not react to touch inputs. Did anyone had similar problems? Up to Oxygen 10.x I had never any problems with fastboot boot boot.img
    Unfortunately with Oxygen 11 it seems more complicated now.

mbj731

Sep 13, 2014
    I've tried everything and cant get Android 11 rooted successfully. Patched boot img myself, used other boot imgs from the forums, newest Magisk, older Magisk, Canary builds, everything I can think of... None of the patched boot imgs will boot...just stuck on boot screen (boot loop). I'm using a converted Tmobile model on Global firmware.
    Odd that some people seem to have no trouble just rooting like normal but some of us cant get 11 to root.

Any ideas or tips that I could try?

Mishy101

May 4, 2021
    Hey Guys I just rooted my phone and my wifi isn't turning on and my phone is taking 10-15 mins to reboot any fix for this? (Indian Variant One Plus 7t)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      Don't flash patched images.

Flash stock boot.
      Fastboot boot magisk_patched.img, then go to magisk manager and direct install.
      I installed the magisk patched boot image that i made by flashing magisk over the stock boot image extracted using payload dumper. However i did find the reason for sim not working. Before updating my phone to oos11 beta os i had few magisk modules. I booted into magisk patched image and removed all the magisk module. After that installed magisk and now everything works fine.
      Hi, I'm Android 10 root. I guess I shouldn't update OTA if I want to keep root right? The usual process would fail?

Hello. I have a question .. If I update from OTA should re-patch the new boot.img from the incremental update?
      If you are already rooted on OOS 10 the process for going to 11 is the same as 10 updates.
      Remove Magisk modules (except hosts)
      Do a local upgrade of the OOS update
      DO NOT REBOOT!
      Open Magisk and install to inactive slot
      Reboot
      Reinstall modules
      Welcome, this is a guide to root OnePlus 7T with Magisk, tested on my OnePlus 7T HD1905 with Android 11 (GLOBAL) and works perfect.​

1-FIRST MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL YOUR FILES BECAUSE THIS PROCESS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR DATA
      2-ENABLE USB DEBUGGING IN DEVELOPER OPTIONS
      3-INSTALL 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3 AND OnePlus_USB_Drivers_Setup.exe
      4-CONNECT YOUR ONEPLUS 7T TO PC AND ALLOW USB DEBUGGING REQUEST

ufv806X.jpg

UNLOCK BOOTLOADER (THIS PROCESS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR DATA)​

Code:
      adb devices
      adb reboot bootloader
      Code:
      fastboot oem unlock

eNNFiSU.jpg

s3sUBwb.jpg

INSTALL MAGISK AND PATH boot.img​

1-INSTALL Magisk-66e30a77(22006).apk
      2-DOWNLOAD AND UNZIP boot.img
      1. boot.img (GLOBAL) FROM OnePlus7TOxygen_14.O.25_OTA_0250_all_2103170010_42034d7f PAYLOAD.BIN
      2. boot.img (EUROPE) FROM OnePlus7TOxygen_14.E.25_OTA_0250_all_2103162336_da326df80dc PAYLOAD.BIN
      3. boot.img (INDIA) FROM OnePlus7TOxygen_14.I.25_OTA_0250_all_2103170010_f57745e564 PAYLOAD.BIN
      3-PASTE boot.img IN THE ONEPLUS 7T ROOT DIRECTORY
      4-Open Magisk
      5-In "Magisk" select "Install"
      1. "SELECT AND PATCH A FILE"
      2. NOW SELECT boot.img FILE FROM OP7T ROOT DIRECTORY and "LET´S GO"
      2RffVO6.jpg

PATCHED boot.img = magisk_patched.zip (GLOBAL VARIANT, I DON'T KNOW IF IT WORKS WITH THE OTHER VARIANTS)

FLASH PATH BOOT.IMG​

1-COPY PATCHED BOOT.IMG ("magisk_patched.img") FROM DOWNLOAD DIRECTORY and paste it on C:\adb
      2-ENABLE USB DEBUGGING IN DEVELOPER OPTIONS AGAIN
      3-CONNECT YOUR ONEPLUS 7T TO PC AND ALLOW USB DEBUGGING REQUEST

ufv806X.jpg

Code:
      adb reboot bootloader
      fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
      fastboot reboot

NOW JUST GO INTO MAGISK AND INSTALL THE APP

EGOLTJy.jpg

That's all!

Hi there!

I have tried this:

Thanks!
      Don't flash patched images.

Flash stock boot.
      Fastboot boot magisk_patched.img, then go to magisk manager and direct install.
      I installed the magisk patched boot image that i made by flashing magisk over the stock boot image extracted using payload dumper. However i did find the reason for sim not working. Before updating my phone to oos11 beta os i had few magisk modules. I booted into magisk patched image and removed all the magisk module. After that installed magisk and now everything works fine.
      Hi, I'm Android 10 root. I guess I shouldn't update OTA if I want to keep root right? The usual process would fail?

Hello. I have a question .. If I update from OTA should re-patch the new boot.img from the incremental update?
      If you are already rooted on OOS 10 the process for going to 11 is the same as 10 updates.
      Remove Magisk modules (except hosts)
      Do a local upgrade of the OOS update
      DO NOT REBOOT!
      Open Magisk and install to inactive slot
      Reboot
      Reinstall modules