• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE][Android 11] How to ROOT OnePlus 7T

Search This thread

arsenik13

Nov 16, 2010
I have a Tmobile oneplus 7t. I've been trying this all night. When I fastboot the patched boot img, the phone restarts and wifi and audio will not work.

I've also attempted extracting using payload dumper, the 2.5GB OTA update for TMO here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...o-11-0-1-1-hd63cb-to-11-0-1-4-hd63cb.4264873/

After extracting the boot.img and patching it, I get the same result with no wifi and no audio.

Currently, I used the unbrick tool to return my phone to stock.

Steps attempted:
1. Return to stock
2. unlock bootloader
3. extract boot.img from:
February 2021 Security update
10.0.13.HD63CB to 11.0.1.1.HD63CB
Note: This appears to be the only update that payload dumper will extract a boot.img from
4. Use Magisk to patch boot.img
5. copy boot.img to windows adb folder
6. adb reboot bootloader
7. Use fastboot to flash boot
8. Restart
9. No wifi and No Audio

What am I doing wrong?

chatty033

Oct 16, 2021
I'm relatively new to payload dumpers and patching boot.img's so decided to sideload the Magisk.apk (22000) via fastbooted twrp instead, it worked a charm and all rooted.
Only issue was I forgot to install the magisk app before hand so had to install it to get it on the app drawer, other than that, no issues.
I am trying to do the same, i am not able to boot twrp when i do "fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-2-hotdog-unified-mauronofrio.img"
Could you please share the twrp you used to boot

Yeison321

Nov 1, 2021
Welcome, this is a guide to root OnePlus 7T with Magisk, tested on my OnePlus 7T HD1905 with Android 11 (GLOBAL) and works perfect.​

1-FIRST MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL YOUR FILES BECAUSE THIS PROCESS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR DATA
2-ENABLE USB DEBUGGING IN DEVELOPER OPTIONS
3-INSTALL 15 seconds ADB Installer v1.4.3 AND OnePlus_USB_Drivers_Setup.exe
4-CONNECT YOUR ONEPLUS 7T TO PC AND ALLOW USB DEBUGGING REQUEST

ufv806X.jpg

UNLOCK BOOTLOADER (THIS PROCESS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR DATA)​

GO TO C:\adb AND OPEN A Windows PowerShell (SHIFT+Right-Click)

Code:
adb devices
adb reboot bootloader
Code:
fastboot oem unlock

eNNFiSU.jpg

s3sUBwb.jpg

INSTALL MAGISK AND PATH boot.img​

1-INSTALL Magisk-66e30a77(22006).apk
2-DOWNLOAD AND UNZIP boot.img
  1. boot.img (GLOBAL) DE OnePlus7TOxygen_14.O.25_OTA_0250_all_2103170010_42034d7f PAYLOAD.BIN
  2. boot.img (EUROPE) FROM OnePlus7TOxygen_14.E.25_OTA_0250_all_2103162336_da326df80dc PAYLOAD.BIN
  3. boot.img (INDIA) DE OnePlus7TOxygen_14.I.25_OTA_0250_all_2103170010_f57745e564 PAYLOAD.BIN
3-PASTE boot.img EN EL DIRECTORIO ROOT DE ONEPLUS 7T
Magisk 4-abierto
5-En "Magisk" seleccione " Instalar"
  1. "SELECCIONAR Y PATCHAR UN ARCHIVO"
  2. AHORA SELECCIONE boot.img ARCHIVO DE OP7T ROOT DIRECTORY y "VAMOS"
2RffVO6.jpg

PATCHED boot.img = magisk_patched.zip ( VARIANTE GLOBAL, NO SÉ SI FUNCIONA CON LAS OTRAS VARIANTES)

FLASH PATH BOOT.IMG​

1-COPIA PATCHED BOOT.IMG ("magisk_patched.img") DESDE EL DIRECTORIO DE DESCARGAS y pégalo en C: \ adb
2-HABILITAR LA DEPURACIÓN USB EN OPCIONES DE DESARROLLADOR OTRA VEZ
3-CONECTE SU ONEPLUS 7T A LA PC Y PERMITA LA SOLICITUD DE DEPURACIÓN DE USB

ufv806X.jpg

VAYA A C: \ adb Y ABRA Windows PowerShell (MAYÚS + clic derecho)

[CÓDIGO] adb reiniciar el cargador de arranque
arranque flash fastboot magisk_patched.img
reinicio de fastboot [/ CODE]

AHORA SOLO ENTRA EN MAGISK E INSTALA LA APLIC

Yeison321

Nov 1, 2021
Welcome, this is a guide to root OnePlus 7T with Magisk, tested on my OnePlus 7T HD1905 with Android 11 (GLOBAL) and works perfect.​

1-FIRST MAKE A BACKUP OF ALL YOUR FILES BECAUSE THIS PROCESS WILL ERASE ALL YOUR DATA

ufv806X.jpg

Code:
adb devices
adb reboot bootloader
Code:
fastboot oem unlock

eNNFiSU.jpg

s3sUBwb.jpg

1. boot.img (GLOBAL) DE OnePlus7TOxygen_14.O.25_OTA_0250_all_2103170010_42034d7f PAYLOAD.BIN
  2. boot.img (EUROPE) FROM OnePlus7TOxygen_14.E.25_OTA_0250_all_2103162336_da326df80dc PAYLOAD.BIN
  3. boot.img (INDIA) DE OnePlus7TOxygen_14.I.25_OTA_0250_all_2103170010_f57745e564 PAYLOAD.BIN
3-PASTE boot.img EN EL DIRECTORIO ROOT DE ONEPLUS 7T
Magisk 4-abierto
5-En "Magisk" seleccione " Instalar"
  1. "SELECCIONAR Y PATCHAR UN ARCHIVO"
  2. AHORA SELECCIONE boot.img ARCHIVO DE OP7T ROOT DIRECTORY y "VAMOS"
2RffVO6.jpg

PATCHED boot.img = magisk_patched.zip ( VARIANTE GLOBAL, NO SÉ SI FUNCIONA CON LAS OTRAS VARIANTES)

FLASH PATH BOOT.IMG​

1-COPIA PATCHED BOOT.IMG ("magisk_patched.img") DESDE EL DIRECTORIO DE DESCARGAS y pégalo en C: \ adb
2-HABILITAR LA DEPURACIÓN USB EN OPCIONES DE DESARROLLADOR OTRA VEZ
3-CONECTE SU ONEPLUS 7T A LA PC Y PERMITA LA SOLICITUD DE DEPURACIÓN DE USB

ufv806X.jpg

VAYA A C: \ adb Y ABRA Windows PowerShell (MAYÚS + clic derecho)

[CÓDIGO] adb reiniciar el cargador de arranque
arranque flash fastboot magisk_patched.img
reinicio de fastboot [/ CODE]

AHORA SOLO ENTRA EN MAGISK E INSTALA LA APLICACIÓN

EGOLTJy.jpg

¡Eso es todo!

Alguien trabajó con hd1907 rom tmobile. Quiero saber si el wifi funciona después de la instalación.

the show stopper

Jan 9, 2010
Tampa, FL
After following every single step now my phone is rooted however i have a weird problem with magisk. In the magisk manager app under magisk it shows update and under app option i get install app but magisk does not seem to install the app regardless of how many times i try installing.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211105-094502[1].jpg
    Screenshot_20211105-094502[1].jpg
    286 KB · Views: 17

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

ufv806X.jpg

Code:
    adb devices
    adb reboot bootloader
    Code:
    fastboot oem unlock

eNNFiSU.jpg

s3sUBwb.jpg

1. boot.img (GLOBAL) FROM OnePlus7TOxygen_14.O.25_OTA_0250_all_2103170010_42034d7f PAYLOAD.BIN
    3. boot.img (INDIA) FROM OnePlus7TOxygen_14.I.25_OTA_0250_all_2103170010_f57745e564 PAYLOAD.BIN
    3-PASTE boot.img IN THE ONEPLUS 7T ROOT DIRECTORY
    4-Open Magisk
    5-In "Magisk" select "Install"
    1. "SELECT AND PATCH A FILE"
    2. NOW SELECT boot.img FILE FROM OP7T ROOT DIRECTORY and "LET´S GO"
    2RffVO6.jpg

PATCHED boot.img = magisk_patched.zip (GLOBAL VARIANT, I DON'T KNOW IF IT WORKS WITH THE OTHER VARIANTS)

FLASH PATH BOOT.IMG​

1-COPY PATCHED BOOT.IMG ("magisk_patched.img") FROM DOWNLOAD DIRECTORY and paste it on C:\adb
    2-ENABLE USB DEBUGGING IN DEVELOPER OPTIONS AGAIN
    3-CONNECT YOUR ONEPLUS 7T TO PC AND ALLOW USB DEBUGGING REQUEST

ufv806X.jpg

Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    fastboot flash boot magisk_patched.img
    fastboot reboot

NOW JUST GO INTO MAGISK AND INSTALL THE APP

EGOLTJy.jpg

That's all!

Hi there!

I am having absolutely no luck. I can get root but whichever patched image I use, my SIMs stop working.
    My phone is HD1903 (European variant) and I am running OOS 11 Stable AA (Global ROM).

I have tried this:
    -Guide provided here, using image and Magisk app (not patched image provided)
    -With working stock boot image (ril included), boot patched (the one with link here) open magisk, direct install -> not working ril
    -With working ril, using magisk app, patch image, grab image and flash it from fastboot. Tried with stable and canary apk. When I flash any of them, still no working ril.
    -Reflash OOS11 to other slot, with chinese TWRP, backup boot image, flash from there Magisk zip. No luck, root but no SIMs
    -Using that image backupped, patch from Magisk app, boot it, no SIM, flash it no SIM.

I have never had problems rooting this phone, but this is going really really strange, then Idk what to do really, the SIM thing is driving me crazy. Any idea is appreciated

Could it somewhat be related to the european variant + global ROM combo?

Thanks!
    Success in installing Magisk and patched img for EU also successful. But always fail on Safetynet. Any suggestions?

Nevermind. Figured it out. Someone already helped. Forgot about the Magisk hide feature inside settings.
    D
    Deleted member 11550323
    I'm relatively new to payload dumpers and patching boot.img's so decided to sideload the Magisk.apk (22000) via fastbooted twrp instead, it worked a charm and all rooted.
    Only issue was I forgot to install the magisk app before hand so had to install it to get it on the app drawer, other than that, no issues.
    I've tried everything and cant get Android 11 rooted successfully. Patched boot img myself, used other boot imgs from the forums, newest Magisk, older Magisk, Canary builds, everything I can think of... None of the patched boot imgs will boot...just stuck on boot screen (boot loop). I'm using a converted Tmobile model on Global firmware.
    Odd that some people seem to have no trouble just rooting like normal but some of us cant get 11 to root.

Any ideas or tips that I could try?