• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] Android 6 SUPER MOD for YT9216BJ - root, Viper4Android, TWRP, custom UI, brick recovery and more

Search This thread

gurgelrga

Mar 16, 2017
hi, after 2 weeks reading the forum i am still unable to make pc/ unit to comunicate my unit came with just one usb(6 pin) i maneged to conect one 4 pin but still nothing hapens when i conect the unit i have doing step by step but nothing is going on i made 2 cables usb-a to usb-a checking the cable is connect but the pc wont reconize tried laptop acer and a pc both dont reconize with the unit turned on and in the factory setting changed usb-host to usb device the pc reconize something but the error "cant get descripiton " the unit dont communicate with sp flash

obs sorry for the english

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
hi, after 2 weeks reading the forum i am still unable to make pc/ unit to comunicate my unit came with just one usb(6 pin) i maneged to conect one 4 pin but still nothing hapens when i conect the unit i have doing step by step but nothing is going on i made 2 cables usb-a to usb-a checking the cable is connect but the pc wont reconize tried laptop acer and a pc both dont reconize with the unit turned on and in the factory setting changed usb-host to usb device the pc reconize something but the error "cant get descripiton " the unit dont communicate with sp flash

obs sorry for the english

Sorry to hear that. Please share pictures of:

1. System Info
2. Kernel version
3. Motherboard front and back

gurgelrga

Mar 16, 2017
Sorry to hear that. Please share pictures of:

1. System Info
2. Kernel version
3. Motherboard front and back
Here Sorry for delay
IMG-20210915-WA0040.jpeg
IMG-20210915-WA0038.jpeg
IMG-20210915-WA0036.jpeg
IMG-20210915-WA0031.jpeg
Screenshot_20210915-123755~2.png

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
Is it possible to update android 6 YT9216B to this android 8 version ??

Possible? Yes. But I wouldn't recommend it unless you really know what you're doing. This will require a specific Android 8 bootloader file unique to your head unit.

Frankly, Android 6 is better by far, when it comes to my mods for compatible YT921xx devices.

Also bear in mind that YT9216BJ package is not compatible with YT9216B head units. Please visit my super mod thread for your particular model. Check my signature.

Last edited:

TboneL

Jun 2, 2021
I cannot get my TPMS sensors to work with my yt9216bj AHU. I downloaded a BLE app and it never locates a device. Same app works on my android phone. Is there a setting or a driver that I need to install? I'm running android 9.1 car edition, kernel 3.18.79, API 28. All other bluetooth devices will connect (phone, ELM327).

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
I cannot get my TPMS sensors to work with my yt9216bj AHU. I downloaded a BLE app and it never locates a device. Same app works on my android phone. Is there a setting or a driver that I need to install? I'm running android 9.1 car edition, kernel 3.18.79, API 28. All other bluetooth devices will connect (phone, ELM327).

Wrong thread I'm afraid. I only provide support on my mods.

TboneL

Jun 2, 2021
Sorry, I'll repost in another thread. I watched your video and it is the best instructional video I have found on XDA. I bought a spare AHU because it went down to $89 on Amazon. I will follow your instructions and try it on my spare before the one in my car. Keep up the good work!!!

BigMoneyHustlin

Oct 1, 2021
O have problem is to connect to PC the unit I can't make backup I follow the guides but still unable to connect
i have same unit. had same problem. u need to start sp flash with radio on then hold RST button, plug in usb cable, then release button. screen will stay black and pc will read unit. when done hold RST button again to restart unit. i didnt read this post first so i bricked mine twice but was able to flash my backup and save unit

Alboooz

Dec 21, 2018
Hi all,

If you want to greatly improve the way your head unit works, sounds and looks like - you've come to the right place!

Why install this?
With this package you will greatly improve:
  • Stability
  • Speed
  • User Interface
  • Sound tweaking options
  • Customization options
Following my previous Super MOD guide, I have now completed a new project, this time on a newer YT9216BJ head unit running the Android 6 API23 operating system (fake Android 8.1, 9.0 and 9.1).
If your head unit is Android 8 API 27 (fake Android 10 or 11), proceed to
this guide instead.

This guide is for YT9216BJ units with 1 Gb RAM and 16Gb flash with no physical buttons*.
  • ON PHYSICAL BUTTONS: this software has only been tested on head units with no physical buttons (like volume) | Before making any changes, access the CAR SETTINGS -> FACTORY SETTINGS -> ENCODER SETTINGS on your head unit and take a screenshot of the current settings (see example below). After installing the package, go back to these settings and adjust them if needed. If that doesn't help and if you can't successfully re-calibrate the buttons after installing the firmware, restore your backup

View attachment 5400721

Do not use this package if your unit is "HIFI" or has a separate radio chip installed (A or NXP series)

!! TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR SYSTEM INFO AND KERNEL VERSION BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR HEAD UNIT !!

View attachment 5360985

Disclaimer

I do not create the software itself but rather use research and put together different mods and hacks into one package that includes very user-friendly step-by-step instructions on how to install it all. You will find the links to original posts in the instructions pdf's if credit is due. The software might include smaller changes made by me and has been fully tested in real units.

The Software Package contains:

• Custom Android 6 firmware for YT9216BJ
  • ROOT (SuperSU)
  • TWRP Recovery
  • Viper4Android / Viper4A / ViperFX
  • Custom UI (Car Launcher)
  • Custom Boot Animation

View attachment 5360979 View attachment 5360987. View attachment 5360991. View attachment 5360993. View attachment 5360997

!! ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR UNIT BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES TO IT!!

DOWNLOAD #4
ExtremeMOD Software Package & Drivers - YT9216BJ

STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE (upgrading from working stock firmware):
  1. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS, AND INSTALL EVERYTHING IN THE CORRECT ORDER. STEPS 5 AND 6 ARE MOST CRITICAL.

2. Proceed to download the software package for your unit and the drivers package in the same folder

3. It's highly recommended to do these upgrades with your unit connected on your desktop, rather than in the car. Video Guide

4. Install the Mediatek & ADB drivers on your Windows computer. Video Guide - use the same principle for ADB drivers.

5. Backup your current system by exporting a full memory dump. Video Guide

6. Import back your memory dump from step-5 to ensure it fully works. This is how.

7. Install the package. Separate instructions are included in every folder of the downloaded zip file. Follow them by the order.

IF THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE HAS BRICKED YOUR HEAD UNIT AND YOU HAVE YOUR BACKUP AVAILABLE, follow the steps below:
  1. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS, AND INSTALL EVERYTHING IN THE CORRECT ORDER.

2. It's highly recommended to do these upgrades with your unit connected on your desktop, rather than in the car. Follow this post on how to do that.

3. Install the Mediatek & ADB drivers on your Windows computer. Video Guide - use the same principle for ADB drivers - (download link is in the video description)

4. Watch this video on Test Point recovery

5. Import back your memory dump. This is how.

6. If successful - try to install the software package again or stay with your original one

IF THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE HAS BRICKED YOUR HEAD UNIT AND YOU HAVE NO BACKUP AVAILABLE, follow the steps below:
  1. Share the pictures of your System Info and Kernel in this thread and I'll try to help you

** IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO RESTORE YOUR UNIT, PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING IT TO ME, SO I CAN BUILD MORE MODS AND TUTORIALS

---------------------------------------------------------

This post is being frequently updated and you'll find more guides and mods in my signature​

Thanks! And if this post is helpful to you please don't forget to "like" it.

Enjoy!​

[V4A][VIPER4ANDROID][ViperFX][ROOT][TWRP][8227L][YT9216BJ]
Hi mod Iceblue1980, i got a head unit for my bmw320d e46 no hard buttons, the XY AUTO, YT9216BJ and android 9.1 on it. My concern about my head unit is few to mention, the wi-fi areal is very low, hardly connect to wireless router at about 3-4.mtr, or direct wi-fi appears but not functional, and i face lag's on maps and music player a bit, so i am willing to downgrade to this android room v.6.1 if you recommend me that, and if you think this will solve my wi-fi troubles.
I tried to locate a hardware wi-fi external antenna pins but no success, so if you have any idea, would you show me on pic please.😊
Btw, i have some knowledge on flashing rom's on samy android phones.

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
Hi mod Iceblue1980, i got a head unit for my bmw320d e46 no hard buttons, the XY AUTO, YT9216BJ and android 9.1 on it. My concern about my head unit is few to mention, the wi-fi areal is very low, hardly connect to wireless router at about 3-4.mtr, or direct wi-fi appears but not functional, and i face lag's on maps and music player a bit, so i am willing to downgrade to this android room v.6.1 if you recommend me that, and if you think this will solve my wi-fi troubles.
I tried to locate a hardware wi-fi external antenna pins but no success, so if you have any idea, would you show me on pic please.😊
Btw, i have some knowledge on flashing rom's on samy android phones.

Look at this example - is this what you're after?

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
Yeah, the head unit is the same with this one on video link, and i already downloaded the rum and tools, i just have to find USB cable to plug in, but my question. is, will it have better wi-fi performance and longer signal area connection or not?
To improve Wifi (and subsequently BlueTooth), a hardware modification is required. You need to install a WIFI antenna. I plan to record a video guide on this mod soon.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    O have problem is to connect to PC the unit I can't make backup I follow the guides but still unable to connect
    i have same unit. had same problem. u need to start sp flash with radio on then hold RST button, plug in usb cable, then release button. screen will stay black and pc will read unit. when done hold RST button again to restart unit. i didnt read this post first so i bricked mine twice but was able to flash my backup and save unit
    Please, it would be great, i already have open head unit few times to find out where is the external antenna pin print so i can connect external antenna wire that i have from other broken Laptops, but no lucky.
    The Bluetooth works fine.

There are a number of different ways to do it but we prefer our way which generates much more stable operations. Follow us on YouTube to get notified when new content comes out.
    Hi all,

If you want to greatly improve the way your head unit works, sounds and looks like - you've come to the right place!

Why install this?
    With this package you will greatly improve:
    • Stability
    • Speed
    • User Interface
    • Sound tweaking options
    • Customization options
    Following my previous Super MOD guide, I have now completed a new project, this time on a newer YT9216BJ head unit running the Android 6 API23 operating system (fake Android 8.1, 9.0 and 9.1).
    If your head unit is Android 8 API 27 (fake Android 10 or 11), proceed to
    this guide instead.

This guide is for YT9216BJ units with 1 Gb RAM and 16Gb flash with no physical buttons*.
    • ON PHYSICAL BUTTONS: this software has only been tested on head units with no physical buttons (like volume) | Before making any changes, access the CAR SETTINGS -> FACTORY SETTINGS -> ENCODER SETTINGS on your head unit and take a screenshot of the current settings (see example below). After installing the package, go back to these settings and adjust them if needed. If that doesn't help and if you can't successfully re-calibrate the buttons after installing the firmware, restore your backup

encoder settings.png

Do not use this package if your unit is "HIFI" or has a separate radio chip installed (A or NXP series)

!! TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR SYSTEM INFO AND KERNEL VERSION BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR HEAD UNIT !!

YT9216BJ 8227L System Info.png

Disclaimer

I do not create the software itself but rather use research and put together different mods and hacks into one package that includes very user-friendly step-by-step instructions on how to install it all. You will find the links to original posts in the instructions pdf's if credit is due. The software might include smaller changes made by me and has been fully tested in real units.

The Software Package contains:

• Custom Android 6 firmware for YT9216BJ
    • ROOT (SuperSU)
    • TWRP Recovery
    • Viper4Android / Viper4A / ViperFX
    • Custom UI (Car Launcher)
    • Custom Boot Animation

YT9216BJ 8227L car launcher.png YT9216BJ 8227L TWRP.png. YT9216BJ 8227L Root verified.png. YT9216BJ 8227L Reboot options.png. YT9216BJ 8227L Viper4Android.png

!! ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR UNIT BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES TO IT!!

DOWNLOAD #4
    ExtremeMOD Software Package & Drivers - YT9216BJ

STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE (upgrading from working stock firmware):
    1. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS, AND INSTALL EVERYTHING IN THE CORRECT ORDER. STEPS 5 AND 6 ARE MOST CRITICAL.

2. Proceed to download the software package for your unit and the drivers package in the same folder

3. It's highly recommended to do these upgrades with your unit connected on your desktop, rather than in the car. Video Guide

4. Install the Mediatek & ADB drivers on your Windows computer. Video Guide - use the same principle for ADB drivers.

5. Backup your current system by exporting a full memory dump. Video Guide

6. Import back your memory dump from step-5 to ensure it fully works. This is how.

7. Install the package. Separate instructions are included in every folder of the downloaded zip file. Follow them by the order.

IF THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE HAS BRICKED YOUR HEAD UNIT AND YOU HAVE YOUR BACKUP AVAILABLE, follow the steps below:
    1. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS, AND INSTALL EVERYTHING IN THE CORRECT ORDER.

2. It's highly recommended to do these upgrades with your unit connected on your desktop, rather than in the car. Follow this post on how to do that.

3. Install the Mediatek & ADB drivers on your Windows computer. Video Guide - use the same principle for ADB drivers - (download link is in the video description)

4. Watch this video on Test Point recovery

5. Import back your memory dump. This is how.

6. If successful - try to install the software package again or stay with your original one

IF THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE HAS BRICKED YOUR HEAD UNIT AND YOU HAVE NO BACKUP AVAILABLE, follow the steps below:
    1. Share the pictures of your System Info and Kernel in this thread and I'll try to help you

** IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO RESTORE YOUR UNIT, PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING IT TO ME, SO I CAN BUILD MORE MODS AND TUTORIALS

This post is being frequently updated and you'll find more guides and mods in my signature​

Thanks! And if this post is helpful to you please don't forget to "like" it.

Enjoy!​

[V4A][VIPER4ANDROID][ViperFX][ROOT][TWRP][8227L][YT9216BJ]
    @iceblue1980
    Do you know of a way to get live wallpapers working?

Normally I just change to full on black wallpaper so that it blends in when you switch between apps.

With the Car Launcher, you won't see the wallpaper at all other than when switching between the apps.
    Can my unit follow this guide or should I follow another One?View attachment 5389371

I would probably recommend the Android 8 software package instead.
    Do think any other mod of your work in this unit ?
    None of my mods will work on your unit without alteration, I'm afraid.