[GUIDE] Android 6 SUPERMOD for YT9213AJ, YT9216B, YT9217B, YT9218CH - root, Viper4Android, TWRP, custom UI, brick recovery and more

Search This thread

afarkas

Oct 19, 2013
attila-farkas.sk
Thank you for your kind offer. Please share the package but first install it on your head unit and see how it works :)
well, i just realised i can not install... when in settings i click Local update, it does not see the package on the usb drive... it says "please insert sd card or usb"...
The reason i asked the vendor for update package is that i rooted my device not properly and now it resets itself when attempting to access anything in /system...
also, when attempting adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system it just resets itself to factory defaults (and reboots)
system update does not work anymore...
the su is present in bin and xbin as well

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
well, i just realised i can not install... when in settings i click Local update, it does not see the package on the usb drive... it says "please insert sd card or usb"...
The reason i asked the vendor for update package is that i rooted my device not properly and now it resets itself when attempting to access anything in /system...
also, when attempting adb shell mount -o remount,rw /system it just resets itself to factory defaults (and reboots)
system update does not work anymore...
the su is present in bin and xbin as well

It's an OTA update of some sorts. Won't restore your head unit, only update an already working one.

afarkas

Oct 19, 2013
attila-farkas.sk
Can't tell as we don't know anything about this head unit and this thread is about YT92x x head units.

Can't tell as we don't know anything about this head unit and this thread is about YT92x x head units.
I understand. Just one more question, to make everything crystal clear.
Are you saying that your ROM will not work on my device for sure, or are you saying it probably will not, but may be it will?
Thank you

mishuc

Sep 15, 2015
IF THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE HAS BRICKED YOUR HEAD UNIT AND YOU HAVE NO BACKUP AVAILABLE, follow the steps below:
  1. Share the pictures of your System Info and Kernel in this thread and I'll try to help you

I have bricked my head unit and i dont have a backup. What can i do to make it work ?
This is my head unit:

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_222318.jpg
    IMG_20211124_222318.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20211124_220435.jpg
    IMG_20211124_220435.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 27
  • IMG_20211124_222445.jpg
    IMG_20211124_222445.jpg
    594.2 KB · Views: 28

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
Sp flash tool errors and some mistakes.
Is there a way to find backup from similar head unit or original firmware?
I get this error
BROM_ERROR : S_DL_GET_DRAM_SETTING_FAIL (5054)

This message means you are trying to flash an incompatible package.
If you skipped the instructions, then we can't really help you here. You can reach out to us on our website and one of our team members might be able to help you,

metinbicenay

Nov 30, 2021
Hello there ;
Firstly, thank you,
I'm not sure if I can do this I wonder if my system is compatible with it,
I'm using translation and my english is a bit bad sorry
1638263103913.jpg

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

If you want to greatly improve the way your head unit works, sounds and looks like - you've come to the right place!

Why install this?

With any of these packages you will greatly improve:
    • Stability
    • Speed
    • User Interface
    • Sound tweaking options
    • Customization options

We wanted to share these all-in-one software packages with you, that we put together using various sources as well as our own modifications for Chinese Android Head units with 1Gb RAM and 16Gb FLASH drive, no physical buttons, with screen resolution of 1024x600 px. (It will not work on Tesla-style units):
    • YT9213AJ (with Audio Chip types: TDA, CSC or SCS)
      Fade not working 8227L YT9213.jpg YT9213AJ_00011_V001_20200421.png

• YT9216B & YT9217B (same package)

YT9216B_00002_V004_20200610.png IMG_20210513_234136.png

• YT9218CH

YT9218 System Info.png InkedYT9218CH label_LI (1).jpg

Disclaimer
    We do not create the software itself but rather use research and put together different mods and hacks into one package that includes very user-friendly step-by-step instructions on how to install it all. You will find the links to original posts in the instructions pdf's if credit is due. The software might include smaller changes made by me and has been fully tested in real units.

The Software Packages contain:

• YT9213AJ custom firmware
    • YT9216B/YT9217B custom firmware with split-screen option
    • YT9218CH custom firmware
    • ROOT (SuperSU)
    • TWRP Recovery
    • Viper4Android / Viper4A / ViperFX
    • Custom UI (Car Launcher)
    • Custom Boot Animation

!! TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR SYSTEM INFO AND KERNEL VERSION BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR HEAD UNIT !!

!! ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR UNIT BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES TO IT !!

ad pic.png split screen.png EQ.png

DOWNLOAD #1
    YT9213AJ (with audio chip) supermod package & drivers

DOWNLOAD #2
    YT9216B & YT9217B supermod package and drivers

DOWNLOAD #3
    YT9218CH supermod package and drivers

STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE (upgrading from working stock firmware):
    1. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS, AND INSTALL EVERYTHING IN THE CORRECT ORDER. STEPS 5 AND 6 ARE MOST CRITICAL.

2. Proceed to download the software package for your unit and the drivers package in the same folder

3. It's highly recommended to do these upgrades with your unit connected on your desktop, rather than in the car. Video Guide

4. Install the Mediatek & ADB drivers on your Windows computer. Video Guide - use the same principle for ADB drivers.

5. Backup your current system by exporting a full memory dump. Video Guide

6. Import back your memory dump from step-5 to ensure it fully works. This is how.

7. Install the package. Separate instructions are included in every folder of the downloaded zip file. Follow them by the order.

IF THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE HAS BRICKED YOUR HEAD UNIT AND YOU HAVE YOUR BACKUP AVAILABLE, follow the steps below:
    1. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS, AND INSTALL EVERYTHING IN THE CORRECT ORDER.

2. It's highly recommended to do these upgrades with your unit connected on your desktop, rather than in the car. Video Guide

3. Install the Mediatek & ADB drivers on your Windows computer. Video Guide - use the same principle for ADB drivers - (download link is in the video description)

4. Watch this video on Test Point recovery

5. Import back your memory dump. This is how.

6. If successful - try to install the software package again or stay with your original one

IF THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE HAS BRICKED YOUR HEAD UNIT AND YOU HAVE NO BACKUP AVAILABLE, follow the steps below:
    1. Share the pictures of your System Info and Kernel in this thread and I'll try to help you
    ---------------------------------------

IF YOUR HEAD UNIT HAS PHYSICAL BUTTONS: this software has only been tested on head units with no physical buttons (like volume). Before making any changes, access the CAR SETTINGS -> FACTORY SETTINGS -> ENCODER SETTINGS on your head unit and take a screenshot of the current settings (see example below). After installing the package, go back to these settings and adjust them if needed. If that doesn't help and if you can't successfully re-calibrate the buttons after installing the firmware, restore your backup.

encoder settings.png

** IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO RESTORE YOUR UNIT, PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING IT TO US @ ExtremeMOD, SO WE CAN BUILD MORE MODS AND TUTORIALS

---------------------------------------------------------

This post is being frequently updated and you'll find more guides and mods in our forum signature​

---------------------------------------------------------

Thanks! And if this post is helpful to you please don't forget to "like" it.

[9213AJ][YT9213AJ][V4A][VIPER4ANDROID][ViperFX][ROOT][TWRP][8227L][YT9216B]
    Hello,
    XYAuto just released a new build for 9213A!
    Here is the download link:
    http://file.xygala.com/?dl=11e9beab97f54d9ad64f8be5f2fd7c8a

Does anyone know whats the difference between 9213A and 9213AJ?

Here is the latest version for 9213AJ BTW:
    http://file.xygala.com/?dl=01c3d91a126931efc3b6765179a8af08
    How did you?

How did you install TWRP and Viper? my hu is 2/16..I tried to memory dump your rom but it say invalid lenght..
    [
    QUOTE=iceblue1980;83842081]Hi all,

Wanted to share this MOD with you that I created for 8227L_demo Android Head unit, model: YT9213AJ with 1Gb RAM and 16Gb FLASH drive. You can use this to debrick your unit or to fully install the latest firmware (Aug2020) with fully working:

YT9213AJ_00011_V001_20200806

ROOT (SuperSU)
    TWRP Recovery
    Viper4Android / Viper4A / ViperFX
    Scatter file (should work for any 8227L YT921xx device)
    Full Memory Dump

Download link

How to use
    1. Download the file and unzip it onto you PC hard drive
    2. Make sure Mediatek drivers are correctly installed on your PC (you can view many guides here on XDA on how to properly install them)
    3. Download FlashTool version 5.1824 (or you will get transfer errors with reading DRAM or Scatter file) - if this version doesn't work try other versions between v5.1736 and v5.1916
    4. In Flash Tool, 'write to memory' both BOOT1 and ROM_USER file (search for instructions on XDA on ow to import memory dump) using the information from "Memory Map.txt" file (shows what memory values to type in when importing in the Flash Tool) and you will need USB-A cable for this. During this step make sure your head unit is completely disconnected from car battery or any other power source
    5. When installation is complete (import can take roughly 20 min), restart the unit in TWRP Recovery mode (use the Shutdown app that came pre-installed with the mod) and in TWRP pick "Wipe Cache / Dalvik".
    6. Done!

If you are doing brick recovery, you can follow the very same method with Test Point method also fully described here on XDA Forums.

Enjoy!

[9213AJ][YT9213AJ][V4A][VIPER4ANDROID][ViperFX][ROOT][TWRP][8227L][/QUOTE]
    what exact brand and model is the hu? serial number would be helpful, also links to where to buy it
    Can you check if this image is latest, can you adapt your image based on this latest image, published on 2nd of November, it shows Android 9.1 and has kernel 4.4

gongban_YT9216BJ_ui1-hw-ota-v6.5.zip

http://file.xygala.com/?dir=uploads/XY公版/9216/9216BJ/Andriod_9.1/外文/横屏/1024X600/UI1_v6.5