[GUIDE] Android 8 API27 SUPERMOD for YT9216BF YT9216CFJ YT9216BJ YT9216BFJ YT9216CJ - root, Viper4Android, TWRP, Custom UI, brick recovery and more

Search This thread

KaP94

Nov 28, 2012
Skopje
Hi, yes it is. Make sure to fully back it up. Good luck
Yes I did the full backup and i imported the backup and its working.
Now I have problem when I installed the TWRP and with "reboot recovery" in android emulator the screen is glitchy. But on reboot the android is working properly.
Please help me how to make TWRP to work?

Thank you in advance

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
Yes I did the full backup and i imported the backup and its working.
Now I have problem when I installed the TWRP and with "reboot recovery" in android emulator the screen is glitchy. But on reboot the android is working properly.
Please help me how to make TWRP to work?

Thank you in advance

Please share your current System Info and also install CPU-Z app and check how much RAM you got. It might be fake 2Gb RAM.

Try the 1Gb RAM version TWRP as well

mkomana

Sep 4, 2010
On the Laucher, the Google maps never load, even when I'm connected to WiFi. The Yandex maps load ok, though. Do you have an idea how I can fix it?

mlabgr

Apr 17, 2013
Reactions: suhridkhan

Sylbass

Jun 9, 2021
Jeśli nie postępowałeś zgodnie z przewodnikiem, nie mogę ci pomóc.

Wylutowanie układu pamięci nie pomoże.

Przynajmniej zrób zdjęcia płyty głównej, jak pokazano w poście #126. Potem zajmiemy się tym stamtąd.

Attachments

• IMG_20210918_175237.jpg
    IMG_20210918_175237.jpg
    6.9 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_20210918_175242.jpg
    IMG_20210918_175242.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20210918_175251.jpg
    IMG_20210918_175251.jpg
    6.3 MB · Views: 78

compyy

May 7, 2011
Hello, Thank for your great work.

please confirm if my unit is compatible wit this Android 8 Mod ? Also my only concern is the performance of Google Map which is very slow in my current version, can you confirm if Google Map is better and full responsive in your MOD, then i have motivation to upgrade it.

Attachments

• IMG_20210924_071821.jpg
    IMG_20210924_071821.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 75
  • IMG_20210924_071912.jpg
    IMG_20210924_071912.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 71

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
Hello, Thank for your great work.

please confirm if my unit is compatible wit this Android 8 Mod ? Also my only concern is the performance of Google Map which is very slow in my current version, can you confirm if Google Map is better and full responsive in your MOD, then i have motivation to upgrade it.

The main reason your Google Maps is slow is because your Internet speed is very low (especially if your Bluetooth is also active). This can be resolved with an antenna mod.

Second reason is your RAM.

If you plan to install this software package just to increase the speed and performance of Google Maps, you'll need to apply speed hacks from my other guide (also in my signature).

Your head unit is compatible with the software package.

Make sure to follow the guides not to end up with a brick.

Last edited:
Reactions: compyy

compyy

May 7, 2011

The main reason your Google Maps is slow is because your Internet speed is very low (especially if your Bluetooth is also active). This can be resolved with an antenna mod.

Second reason is your RAM.

If you plan to install this software package just to increase the speed and performance of Google Maps, you'll need to apply speed hacks from my other guide (also in my signature).

Your head unit is compatible with the software package.

Make sure to follow the guides not to end up with a brick.
Great thanks, i will plan upgrade will do in parts any how as i dont want to remove unit from car.

KaP94

Nov 28, 2012
Skopje
Please share your current System Info and also install CPU-Z app and check how much RAM you got. It might be fake 2Gb RAM.

Try the 1Gb RAM version TWRP as well
Sorry for the late response. Installing 1gb ram TWRP version did the trick.
Now everything is successfully installed.
I have 2 issues minor problems now:
1. After installing viper I lost root, I reinstall everything and it's rooted again but it became very slow on boot
2. Touch button are working but there is no lights after installing firmwire

Any suggestions

Thank you, you are the best :)

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
Sorry for the late response. Installing 1gb ram TWRP version did the trick.
Now everything is successfully installed.
I have 2 issues minor problems now:
1. After installing viper I lost root, I reinstall everything and it's rooted again but it became very slow on boot
2. Touch button are working but there is no lights after installing firmwire

Any suggestions

Thank you, you are the best :)
1. Occasionally root will hop off, just restart your head unit. This shouldn't happen often though.

2. After Viper install, did you run full factory reset?

3. If unit is slow (it should be much faster than stock firmware) then this means something went wrong. Best to start from scratch, and then check closely, as you install the different parts of the software package - which one causes it to slow down.

KaP94

Nov 28, 2012
Skopje
1. Occasionally root will hop off, just restart your head unit. This shouldn't happen often though.

2. After Viper install, did you run full factory reset?

3. If unit is slow (it should be much faster than stock firmware) then this means something went wrong. Best to start from scratch, and then check closely, as you install the different parts of the software package - which one causes it to slow down.
I think i did factory reset but I'm not sure. I will do it again tomorrow. The unit is slow only on boot after that it's very fast. I'll check it and tell you if that helps, if not i will start from scratch.

ExtremeMOD

Aug 14, 2020
London
extrememod.co.uk
I think i did factory reset but I'm not sure. I will do it again tomorrow. The unit is slow only on boot after that it's very fast. I'll check it and tell you if that helps, if not i will start from scratch.

The cold boot time can be around 80 seconds, which is normal for 1 GB RAM units.
The reason for this is that you got way more 'system apps' loading at startup.

Make sure to check my guide on speed hacks as well.

As for the software package - it's a fairly complex installation process, and every part of it requires you to follow the separate guides very closely, not skipping a single step.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

If you want to greatly improve the way your head unit works, sounds and looks like - you've come to the right place!

Why install this?
    With this package you will greatly improve:
    • Stability
    • Speed
    • User Interface
    • Sound tweaking options
    • Customisation options
    20210805112900.jpg 20210805091905.jpg 20210805091639.jpg 20210805091836.jpg 20210805112820.jpg

• ON PHYSICAL BUTTONS: this software has only been tested on head units with no physical buttons (like volume) | Before making any changes, access the CAR SETTINGS -> FACTORY SETTINGS -> ENCODER SETTINGS on your head unit and take a screenshot of the current settings (see example below). After installing the package, go back to these settings and adjust them if needed. If that doesn't help and if you can't successfully re-calibrate the buttons after installing the firmware, restore your backup

encoder settings.png

Disclaimer
    I do not create the software itself but rather use research and put together different mods and hacks into one package that includes very user-friendly step-by-step instructions on how to install it all. You will find the links to original posts in the instructions pdf's if credit is due. The software might include smaller changes made by me and has been fully tested in real units.

This firmware works on the following 1Gb RAM and 2 Gb RAM units with fake Android 8.1, 9.0, 9.1, 10 and Android 11 installed, with screen resolution of 1024x600 px. It will not work on Tesla-style units:

- YT9216BF | YT9216CFJ | YT9216BJ | YT9216BFJ | YT9216CJ

!! TAKE A PICTURE OF YOUR SYSTEM INFO AND KERNEL VERSION BEFORE DOING ANYTHING TO YOUR HEAD UNIT !!

Screenshot_20181015-082542.png 20210805092140.jpg

The zip file package contains:
    • Modified firmware - courtesy of Stranger21UFA @ 4PDA (link to the original post)
    • TWRP (separate folders for 1GB and 2GB RAM units)
    • Root via Magisk
    • Viper4Android
    • Car Launcher
    • Boot Animation
    • SEPARATE INSTRUCTIONS ARE INCLUDED IN EVERY FOLDER

>>>> ALWAYS BACKUP YOUR UNIT BEFORE MAKING ANY CHANGES TO IT <<<<

!! IMPORTANT !!

This is a fairly advanced installation process and will require you to follow the individual guides included in the software package - to the letter. Failing to do so, will (in "best" case) result in a slow and buggy head unit and in the worse case - brick it altogether.​

DOWNLOAD
    YT9216BF * YT9216CFJ * YT9216BJ * YT9216BFJ * YT9216CJ - supermod software package & drivers

STEP-BY-STEP GUIDE (upgrading from working stock firmware):
    1. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS, AND INSTALL EVERYTHING IN THE CORRECT ORDER. STEPS 5 AND 6 ARE MOST CRITICAL.

2. Proceed to download the software package for your unit and the drivers package in the same folder

3. It's highly recommended to do these upgrades with your unit connected on your desktop, rather than in the car. Video Guide

4. Install the Mediatek & ADB drivers on your Windows computer. Video Guide - use the same principle for ADB drivers.

5. Backup your current system by exporting a full memory dump. Video Guide

6. Import back your memory dump from step-5 to ensure it fully works. This is how.

7. Install the package. Separate instructions are included in every folder of the downloaded zip file. Follow them by the order.

IF THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE HAS BRICKED YOUR HEAD UNIT AND YOU HAVE YOUR BACKUP AVAILABLE, follow the steps below:
    1. DO NOT SKIP ANY STEPS, AND INSTALL EVERYTHING IN THE CORRECT ORDER.

2. It's highly recommended to do these upgrades with your unit connected on your desktop, rather than in the car. Video Guide

3. Install the Mediatek & ADB drivers on your Windows computer. Video Guide - use the same principle for ADB drivers - (download link is in the video description)

4. Watch this video on Test Point recovery

5. Import back your memory dump. This is how.

6. If successful - try to install the software package again or stay with your original one

IF THIS SOFTWARE PACKAGE HAS BRICKED YOUR HEAD UNIT AND YOU HAVE NO BACKUP AVAILABLE, follow the steps below:
    1. Share the pictures of your System Info and Kernel in this thread and we'll try to help you

------------------------------------------

This post is being frequently updated and you'll find more guides and mods in our signature​

------------------------------------------

** IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO RESTORE YOUR UNIT, PLEASE CONSIDER DONATING IT TO US @ ExtremeMOD, SO WE CAN BUILD MORE MODS AND TUTORIALS

Thanks! And if this post is helpful to you please don't forget to "like" it.

Enjoy!​

[V4A][VIPER4ANDROID][ViperFX][ROOT][TWRP][8227L][YT9216BF] [YT9216CFJ] [YT9216BJ] [YT9216BFJ] [YT9216CJ]
    Below post is to show my respect & appreciation to iceblue1980 and in addition to share my experience that had for a few days while trying to make my unit better with above firmware.

As I downloaded firmware package, I chose not to follow his guide by letter & skip a few steps, for example & most important, not to take full back up of memory.
    Then disaster followed, as I almost bricked the unit.
    So I turned back to post/s to find solutions. Iceblue1980 was there, day & night responding to me & sending me several alternatives to try.
    He even volunteered to fix my unit by sending it to him without any money even if he had to spend valuable time for it.
    Finally, after several attempts & lots of files / firmwares / guides he sent me the gold package & we made it work !!!

I carefully followed his last guide by letter & that was it.

Now my unit is back to life & even better than ever.

This guy is awesome & I personally thank him so much.

To all members, PLS FOLLOW author's
    guides BY LETTER EVERYTIME to avoid surprises !!!!
    AND
    Don't forget to thank the people who are there for you day or night.
    They use lot of their personal time to be there for you & that is priceless !!

:) :) :) :)
    I flashed this on my YT9216BJ and everything flashed 100%, but when I went to reboot I got nothing. It looks like the unit isn't turning on at all. There is a blue LED on the board that is lit up when I connect power. Any ideas as to what went wrong?

Sorry to hear that. Please try the following steps:

1. Completely disconnect your head unit from power, start Flash Tool as Administrator and execute the command: Format+ALL including deleting the bootloader

2. Run the steps from "Brick Recovery" starting with Step-6.

If the above doesn't work - revert back to your original firmware by restoring your backup. Share your System Info screen found in Car Settings as well as your build.prop file and we'll have a look.

Make sure the USB cable is properly attached. The firmware update should not take more than 20 min. If it does, it indicates a bad cable/connection.
    View attachment 5405715my board is this where is the recovery pin ? And where I conect an antenna for wifi

These are the recovery test points:

IMG-20210909-WA0006.jpeg

The Wifi/BT antenna mod is shown here, however I plan to post a proper guide on this particular mod in the future.
    The method I had to use slightly differs from everything I have read.

1.) I wired a toggle switch to my positive lead. Left it in the off position (no power to head unit)

You could share a picture of your soldered button. Some folks here might find it helpful :)

I'm thinking of making a guide going for a permanent mod, where the soldered tactile SMD button will be accessible through a small hole in the back of the head unit (similar to how you access the RESET button). That way you can use a 'needle' to short the test points, rather than picking the unit apart every time.