[GUIDE] Apps safe to remove

Search This thread

romulocarlos

Oct 10, 2011
Belo Horizonte
Hello guys.

As you may know, there is a way to uninstall system apps whithout root, as described here. Is a 'generic' guide, so I'll not enter on details on it. I used this guide, and sucessfully debloated my Note 8.

Here is my list:
Code:
android.autoinstalls.config.Xiaomi.ginkgo
com.android.browser
com.android.calendar
com.android.soundrecorder
com.facebook.appmanager
com.facebook.services
com.facebook.system
com.google.android.apps.docs
com.google.android.apps.maps
com.google.android.apps.photos
com.google.android.apps.tachyon
com.google.android.apps.wellbeing
com.google.android.gm
com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
com.google.android.marvin.talkback
com.google.android.music
com.google.android.tts
com.google.android.videos
com.google.ar.lens
com.mi.android.globalminusscreen
com.micredit.in
com.milink.service
com.mipay.wallet.id
com.mipay.wallet.in
com.miui.backup
com.miui.cleanmaster
com.miui.cloudbackup
com.miui.compass
com.miui.notes
com.miui.player
com.miui.screenrecorder
com.miui.userguide
com.miui.videoplayer
com.miui.weather2
com.miui.yellowpage
com.netflix.partner.activation
com.tencent.soter.soterserver
com.xiaomi.midrop
com.xiaomi.payment
com.xiaomi.scanner

Some advices: DO NOT uninstall cloud services if you want to use "Find My Phone". Also, DO NOT uninstall an app if you are unsure about it.

If you want a really clean device, I recommend to turn off your phone, take out the SIM card, turn on again and restore to factory defaults. Then, do the initial setup WITHOUT connecting to any network. By this way, you'll avoid any unwanted app to get updated automatically, PLUS avoinding initial installation of some apps like Facebook and Netflix (by uninstalling android.autoinstalls.config.Xiaomi.ginkgo). I'm using my phone for a week, without problems.

TIP 01: if you want to get the entire list, open an adb prompt on your computer, as described on list bellow, and use the following command:
Code:
adb shell pm list packages > list.txt
. Then, open the file list.txt on notepad.

TIP 02: MIUI isn't good to work with a Google App profile. But, if you need to use it, you need to uninstall the apps for this profile also. Setup you profile, and just after disconnect from any network. Then, go to adb command prompt and type
Code:
adb shell pm list users
. Press ENTER and you will get a list of 'users' on your phone, like:
Code:
Users:
        UserInfo{0:Proprietário:13} running
        UserInfo{12:security space:13} running
The first number is what you need. Just change the '0' (zero) on the commands for uninstall for the number you get (in case above, 12). A NOTE: for me is 12 because I'm using built-in Second Space feature to handle my work profile (and I recommend you to do the same), so the number for you maybe will be different.

See ya!

augugusto

May 14, 2017
very nice list. i'm a bitt scared about removing com.mi.android.globalminusscreen. do you know what it is?

SubwayChamp

Aug 6, 2016
what about com.miui.securitycenter?

It's an essential part of Miui system to work, you will get bootloop if you remove it completely (device won't boot).

Anyway this method doesn't remove any app completely so you would need root to achieve it, just the data user is wiped in a way that you no longer can't interact with the app. But with Miui Security Center you will have forced close for some apps and you won't access to some functions in settings.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys.

As you may know, there is a way to uninstall system apps whithout root, as described here. Is a 'generic' guide, so I'll not enter on details on it. I used this guide, and sucessfully debloated my Note 8.

Here is my list:
    Code:
    android.autoinstalls.config.Xiaomi.ginkgo
    com.android.browser
    com.android.calendar
    com.android.soundrecorder
    com.facebook.appmanager
    com.facebook.services
    com.facebook.system
    com.google.android.apps.docs
    com.google.android.apps.maps
    com.google.android.apps.photos
    com.google.android.apps.tachyon
    com.google.android.apps.wellbeing
    com.google.android.gm
    com.google.android.googlequicksearchbox
    com.google.android.marvin.talkback
    com.google.android.music
    com.google.android.tts
    com.google.android.videos
    com.google.ar.lens
    com.mi.android.globalminusscreen
    com.micredit.in
    com.milink.service
    com.mipay.wallet.id
    com.mipay.wallet.in
    com.miui.backup
    com.miui.cleanmaster
    com.miui.cloudbackup
    com.miui.compass
    com.miui.notes
    com.miui.player
    com.miui.screenrecorder
    com.miui.userguide
    com.miui.videoplayer
    com.miui.weather2
    com.miui.yellowpage
    com.netflix.partner.activation
    com.tencent.soter.soterserver
    com.xiaomi.midrop
    com.xiaomi.payment
    com.xiaomi.scanner

Some advices: DO NOT uninstall cloud services if you want to use "Find My Phone". Also, DO NOT uninstall an app if you are unsure about it.

If you want a really clean device, I recommend to turn off your phone, take out the SIM card, turn on again and restore to factory defaults. Then, do the initial setup WITHOUT connecting to any network. By this way, you'll avoid any unwanted app to get updated automatically, PLUS avoinding initial installation of some apps like Facebook and Netflix (by uninstalling android.autoinstalls.config.Xiaomi.ginkgo). I'm using my phone for a week, without problems.

TIP 01: if you want to get the entire list, open an adb prompt on your computer, as described on list bellow, and use the following command:
    Code:
    adb shell pm list packages > list.txt
    . Then, open the file list.txt on notepad.

TIP 02: MIUI isn't good to work with a Google App profile. But, if you need to use it, you need to uninstall the apps for this profile also. Setup you profile, and just after disconnect from any network. Then, go to adb command prompt and type
    Code:
    adb shell pm list users
    . Press ENTER and you will get a list of 'users' on your phone, like:
    Code:
    Users:
            UserInfo{0:Proprietário:13} running
            UserInfo{12:security space:13} running
    The first number is what you need. Just change the '0' (zero) on the commands for uninstall for the number you get (in case above, 12). A NOTE: for me is 12 because I'm using built-in Second Space feature to handle my work profile (and I recommend you to do the same), so the number for you maybe will be different.

See ya!