[GUIDE] Backup persist partition (save wifi mac, bluetooth mac, sensors data)

Search This thread

T1SPACCO

Mar 14, 2018
Does anyone know how to restore a backup?
Can we use fastboot? Or tool have restore option? :p[/QUOTE

For restore backup use fastboot command or terminal emulator (TWRP).
In Fastboot mode use :
sudo adb shell (with sudo bypass permission denied)
dd if=/sdcard/persist.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p27
or
On terminal emulator (TWRP)
dd if=/sdcard/persist.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p27

(enjoy)

Reactions: Wyroczen

gabi25

Oct 23, 2020
help me😢my persist part is backup with twrp, but when i restore my system il broke, now my wifi is unusable, problem dont solve when i install stock rom

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys, this guide is for creating backup of persist partion which is holding important data about sensors, wifi + bluetooth data, imei and other stuff.

Before installing any other custom room, this is best thing to do, lot of custom roms rewrites persist partition with different data than your mobile devices has, you will have problem with calling(missing imei), problems with Wifi and other stuff, i think you get it...

REQUIRED TOOLS:
    Code:
     [URL="https://drive.google.com/open?id=1LW1CM6gLT9wRyy950rC6GmWAzEbcyfzE"]PersistBackupTool[/URL]

Follow this steps:
    Code:
    1. Root your device, this is pretty much easy guide:  [URL="https://xdaforums.com/mi-a1/how-to/root-mi-a1-oreo-8-0-disabling-ota-magisk-t3728654"]LINK[/URL]

2. After rooting your device, enable Developer options (Go to settings >> System >> About phone >> tap Build number 7 times)

3. Enable usb debugging, go to Settings >> System >> Developer options >>  and enable USB debugging

4. Run PersistBackup.bat and wait

5. Your persist partition will be saved in Backup folder.

ENJOY!!! ;)
    (EDITED, check the end)
    First, I've tried with the "adb" commands, but I get "Permission Denied".
    So, I decided to try the tool, which still gives me a "Permission Denied", but still prints a sucess message at the end "Persist partition has been successfully backed up! Partition has been saved in Backup folder!"

Not sure if it's my mistake. I'm rooted + USB_debugging.

EDIT:
    OK, I've read that for adb "su" to work, you need to have device unlocked, with screen on, and grant permission.
    Turns out Magisk was rejecting root permissions to Perfdump automatically.
    Should work now. Nevertheless, perhaps you could check why it prints that backup worked when permission was denied. Someone could be fooled there =D

Finally: Thanks for the app ;)

ok, this do the backup! but how to restore it?

I will create this week improved tool with gui, and it will have backup, restore and maybe root option.
    Does it do the same as the following adb commands?

Code:
    adb shell "su -c dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 of=/sdcard/Download/persistbackup.img"
    adb pull /sdcard/Download/persistbackup.img
    Does it do the same as the following adb commands?

Code:
    adb shell "su -c dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p27 of=/sdcard/Download/persistbackup.img"
    adb pull /sdcard/Download/persistbackup.img

Yes it is the same :)
    When I lauch the PersistBackup.exe it tells me "This program was made with an Unlicensed compiler. Please buy the PRO version to distribute your exe. " And then it closes when you press any key.
    I guess you missed this in your last compile :p

Fixed, thanks again for the info! :)