[GUIDE] Battery and Screen replacement with pictures

Search This thread

MikoyanGurevich

Aug 25, 2021
Hello, first sorry for my bad english (i'm french). I have a problem with my LeEco LeMax (x900) since i replaced the battery. The phone turns on, showing the lock screen, and then after a few seconds, he turns off (screen freeze before the shutdown). Do you have any solution for my problem ?

Thank you for your help

Jaki1122

Aug 26, 2015
M. A. R. S
Meizu 16s
Redmi Note 10S
Hello, first sorry for my bad english (i'm french). I have a problem with my LeEco LeMax (x900) since i replaced the battery. The phone turns on, showing the lock screen, and then after a few seconds, he turns off (screen freeze before the shutdown). Do you have any solution for my problem ?

Thank you for your help
Your battery isn't good. That simple. An abrut shutdown usually indicates either lower voltage, not enough intensity coming out of the battery or the BMS freaking out and cutting power supply for some reason.
And as you pointed out yourself "...since I replaced the battery...", being that the only thing changed, that's the 1st thing to check.

MikoyanGurevich

Aug 25, 2021
Ta batterie n'est pas bonne. C'est simple. Un arrêt brutal indique généralement une tension plus faible, une intensité insuffisante sortant de la batterie ou le BMS panique et coupe l'alimentation électrique pour une raison quelconque.
Et comme vous l'avez souligné vous-même "...depuis que j'ai remplacé la batterie...", étant que la seule chose a changé, c'est la 1ère chose à vérifier.
Thank you for your reply. In fact when the phone show the lock screen, i launch chronometer and after 15/30 seconds, the phone turns off. Also I noticed that the phone heats up during the starting screen. Do you know where can I buy high quality battery ?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I just replaced the battery and screen on my LeEco Le Max 2, and this post will detail the process. Hopefully it will be helpful for someone who is considering to replace their screen and/or battery.

Consider buying an extra screen

There are a number of people who have reported breaking their screen as a result of replacing the battery. I highly recommend that you buy a replacement screen if you intend to replace the battery. Unfortunately while removing my screen I also created a few dead pixels (which you'll see later). With all that being said, it is definitely possible to remove your screen without damaging it. I suspect that next time I will be able to remove the screen without damaging it.

Tools required

- small philips screwdriver (from Jeweler's kit)
    - thin prying tools
    - suction cup that tightly grips screen (you'll see the one I used later)
    - heat gun or hair dryer

Onto the replacement procedure

Before you begin, make sure that you have plenty of time to commit to the replacement. It took me about 2 hours to swap the battery and screen. You should also read this full post before attempting to remove your battery.

Remove any sim cards in your phone and turn your phone off.

You'll need to heat up the perimeter of the screen on your phone. This can be done using a heat gun, however I manged this using a hair dryer. I spent about 10 minutes heating up the screen before attempting to remove the screen. Note that as you're removing the screen you may need reheat certain areas of the screen to loosen up the adhesive that secures the screen.

1.png

Next you'll want to apply the suction cup towards the bottom of the screen. Ensure that you have a solid grip on the screen.

2.png

I pulled the suction cup away from the screen, and began to notice that the sides of the screen were begging to come undone. I used a prying tool to sliced the adhesive that was holding the screen in place.

3.png

Go around the edge of the screen very carefully until the entire screen is removed. Remember the screen is glass and will break if it's flexed too much. My advice would be to go slow and use a lot of heat.

4.png

You'll need to remove two small screws behind the screen in order to disconnect the cable which connects the screen to the body of the phone.

5.png

Then disconnect the screen ribbon from the phone.

6.png

There will be an additional 15 screws which you'll need to remove in order to get to the battery. If you are just replacing the screen you can skip ahead to the section where I connect the new screen to the phone.
    7.png

8.png

With all of the screws removed, you can pry the shield away from the back of the phone. You'll need to be careful, as a ribbon is glued to the back of the shield.

9.png

You can see the glue locations for the ribbon on the back of the shield. With the shield removed, you can now finally access the old battery.

10.png

Disconnect the ribbon that is right above the battery. Near this large ribbon will be another smaller ribbon that connects the battery to your phone. Disconnect the battery from the phone.

11.png

Now you can begin to remove the battery.

Important note from an XDA user

In the attach photos, you can see on the glue band (or whatever is called) a wider zone close to the motherboard. That is because you are supposed to grab that and pull straight. Then the glue comes off and the battery pops off nicely without being bend and with 0 danger. For this procedure you need to take out the motherboard entirely, which is pretty easy and quick. Take out the SIM tray (I always forget about this one :eek:), disconnect the few connectors (vol and power buttons, fingerprint, USB Dock and the coaxial cable on the right), then 2 screws and its just comes out. After this the end of the glue band is clearly visible and easy to take and pull. Also, and this applies to all phones, you can use isopropyl 99% to weaken the glue (also useful for cleaning PCBs and fix water damage). Another note: you should always avoid bending a Lithium battery like in the photos, heat it to 70 degrees Celsius to weaken the glue and take it out as straight as possible.

Note 2: FOR LE ECO LE 2 USERS: The battery is mounted exactly like the Max 2, BUT you need to take out the USB PCB and speaker on the lower part of the phone instead of the motherboard, given that there is where the "puller" is. Why is it different to the Max 2 if the rest of the phone is identical? No idea... Maybe a brainfart? :rolleyes:

Be very careful not to puncture the battery as you remove the battery. The battery is glued into the base of the phone. You can see the two major glue strips in the following picture.

13.png

Place and secure the replacement battery.

14.png

Reassemble your phone. Before you put the new screen on, I recommend testing the original screen to see if you damaged the screen during the process.

15.png

You can see a few new dead pixels on my original screen. This happened as I was prying the screen open, so you'll want to be very careful as you remove the screen. Do not stick your prying tool too far in or against the screen. This damage is something I could live with, however since I have a new screen I'll go ahead and put it on. Turn your phone off before attaching a different screen.

16.png

You'll want to connect and test the new screen before proceeding.

17.png

Hopefully your new screen is working. Turn your phone off again. Now you should do your best to remove the old adhesive that was used to secure the old screen to the phone. However, you should only do this if you have new adhesive to secure the screen in place!

18.png

Your new screen should come with an adhesive template. Remove the outer edge of this template which will be placed on your phone's body.

19.png

Now place the adhesive template onto the body of the phone. You'll have to push down such that the adhesive has been firmly placed. Remove the template such that only the adhesive around the perimeter of your phone remains.

20.png

21.png

Connect the new screen's ribbon to the phone, and secure with the two screws. You can now firmly place the new screen into the phone. You'll want to firmly press the screen into place around the edges.

22.png

You'll want to keep pressure on the screen while the adhesive sets in place. I used a few pennies placed on the floor to give clearance to the rear camera. Then I placed the phone on the pennies, and heated up the screen again. I believe the adhesive will cure faster and stronger onces it's been warmed up.

23.png

24.png

I then placed a textbook onto the screen with a 10 pound weight, where I let the phone sit for an hour or so.

25.png

Enjoy your newly replaced battery/screen and hopefully this has been helpful!

AccuBattery stats for the new battery

I'm now on the second charge of the battery, and I figured you may be interested in some of the stats of the battery. You can see that despite the battery being labeled 4100 mAH, the estimated battery capacity is only about 3000 mAH.

26sm.png

27sm.png

28sm.png
    Frequently Asked Questions
    coming soon

Edit June 7, 2019, I think we can conclude that changing the battery capacity as detailed below doesn't do anything
    Updating battery capacity in Lineage based roms
    This is in regards to this post https://xdaforums.com/galaxy-s3/general/fix-compiled-powerprofile-xml-file-to-t1732722

I don't think that updating the power_profile.xml https://github.com/LineageOS/androi...works/base/core/res/res/xml/power_profile.xml does anything really. However if you want to change it to a new battery capacity, this post will explain how.

I edited the default power_profile.xml to reflect the new 4100 mAH battery (there are many doubts of the real battery capacity). I then compiled the power_profile.xml. The attached power_profile.xml is the compiled version.

1. Boot into recovery and copy /system/framework/framework-res.apk over to your computer.
    2. Make a backup of this framework-res.apk
    3. Open framework-res.apk on your computer using 7zip.
    4. Navigate to res/xml/
    5. Delete the power_profile.xml
    6. Copy the attached power_profile.xml into the location where the previous power_profile.xml file was. Note this is a compiled file, meaning that it is not in plain text and you can't read the inside of the file.
    7. save the framework-res.apk
    8. Copy the new framework-res.apk over to /system/framework/
    9. Reboot your phone.

You can use the following command to pull a csv of your battery stats while your phone is connected to your computer and running lineage (other other OS). More info here https://developer.android.com/studio/command-line/dumpsys
    Code:
    adb shell dumpsys batterystats --checkin > bat.csv
    which will create a comma separated list of your battery properties. The one related to the specified capacity of your battery has the section identifier pws. Open bat.csv on your computer and search for pws. Before doing this change it would show up as 3100, and now it shows up as 4100. However, I have not noticed that this did anything different with the battery behavior or estimated battery capacity. The only thing this appeared to do is now that when I open AccuBattery a different manufacture capacity shows up.
    These are the products that I purchased and the price that I paid. I don't necessary endorse these products... besides the suction cup. That one was great. One more thing, the adaptive brightness on the new screen doesn't appear to work as good it with the original screen.

Screen $13.17: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ori...-X820-touch-screen-Digitizer/32862597681.html
    Battery $10.81: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HSA...-2-X820-Le-Max2-5-7inch-X821/32875310678.html
    Tools $11.88: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Jel...Set-LCD-Screen-Opening-Plier/32831437976.html
    Suction cup $1.36: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bod...ss-Metal-Cell-Phone-Table-PC/32843015681.html

Hi, great guide, but when i try to download the power_profile.xml you uploaded i get an error.

I'm thinking on buying a new battery to replace it (and buy a screen just in case) because my current one its not calibrated and i cannot find a way to calibrate it, it says that its got 1800mah but it can actually hold 3000+.., the real capacity its really 3000-? i have seen people that say its around 3800~ can you confirm?

Try right clicking power_profile.xml and doing a save as. That just worked for me.

If it's a software bug, then EUI should help.

I was in a similar situation where my phone was 1.5 years old, and my estimated battery capacity was around 1700 mAH. I tried calibrating my battery (on lineage), and it did not work. As soon as I put this battery in, on the very first charge, the calibration appeared correctly on lineage. No sudden battery % drops or other weird behavior.
    Six month battery review:

I have 120 charge sessions, and probably only 1% of those used Quick Charge 3.0. AccuBattery shows estimated capacity of 3,065 mAh. The battery has been strong so far. See attached screenshots.
    These are the products that I purchased and the price that I paid. I don't necessary endorse these products... besides the suction cup. That one was great. One more thing, the adaptive brightness on the new screen doesn't appear to work as good it with the original screen.

Screen $13.17: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/ori...-X820-touch-screen-Digitizer/32862597681.html
    Battery $10.81: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HSA...-2-X820-Le-Max2-5-7inch-X821/32875310678.html
    Tools $11.88: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Jel...Set-LCD-Screen-Opening-Plier/32831437976.html
    Suction cup $1.36: https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bod...ss-Metal-Cell-Phone-Table-PC/32843015681.html

Try right clicking power_profile.xml and doing a save as. That just worked for me.

If it's a software bug, then EUI should help.

I was in a similar situation where my phone was 1.5 years old, and my estimated battery capacity was around 1700 mAH. I tried calibrating my battery (on lineage), and it did not work. As soon as I put this battery in, on the very first charge, the calibration appeared correctly on lineage. No sudden battery % drops or other weird behavior.

Did you fixed that problem? Or your battery was actually 1700mah? Because mine is not..

Also any updates in the real battery capacity? I've thinking on changing the battery right away, but if its only 3000mah its not worth, whats the charge current when it reaches 100%? it should say that in accubattery