• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] [begonia/begoniain] How to UNBRICK when stuck on preloader mode

Search This thread

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
Code:
/*
* I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
* Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
* YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
* Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
* Same statement for XDA.
*/

UPDATE 2021-02-28
There has lately been discovered a method to flash begonia/begoniain without the need of an authorised Xiaomi account for flashing. Even if one had earlier not implemented the brick protection method (factory preloader + CFW). This means that CFW is not really needed anymore and that many custom roms are moving away from it. So, in case of brick one can follow this detailed guide in order to unbrick without the need for an authorised Xiaomi account for flashing. There is also an explanatory video that may be helpful for some.

UPDATE 2020-02-25
As of 24 Feb 2020 a new method has been found to help RN8p users avoid bricking their devices. It is a preventive measure and NOT a curative, as it cannot help users who haven't already flashed the specific preloader of the engineering ROM version prior to bricking. For more information see the xda thread by @Agent_fabulous.

ORIGINAL POST
I have created this thread in order to share my experience. I have a Redmi Note 8 Pro that was bricked after flashing a wrong boot.img with TWRP. No fastboot, no recovery, no vibration when pressing the power button. The phone was like dead.

The LED turned on when connected to PC with USB cable. The PC recognised the phone for 5 seconds when holding vol+ before connecting the USB cable. It was recognised as "Mediatek USB port " on Device Manager and after 5 seconds, the PC would lose the connection to the device.

It seems that when holding the vol+ button and connecting the phone to the PC with USB cable, the phone enters to DA mode and waits for a signal that is trying to flash the firmware to it. If the signal doesn't come in the first 5 seconds, the device just gets out of DA mode.

MiFlash does not recognise the phone in this state, as this program can be used only for fastboot flashing.
SP Flash tool recognises the device but returns an "ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL". This is happening because one has to be logged in with an Authorised Service Account simultaneously when trying to flash with SP Flash Tool. If the authorisation passes, the program starts flashing the firmware to the device.

Requirements
1. MiFlashPro (v4.3.1106.23) downloaded on your pc. (It can be found here.)
2. The stock firmware of your device. (Warning! If you have a Chinese device you have to try with the Chinese firmware. Global device with Global firmware etc. Do not try with Global firmware on Chinese device!)
3. An authorised Service Xiaomi Acount.

The Procedure
0. Unzip your device's firmware.
1. Install MiFlashPro.
2. Navigate to (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool/mi and run "account_auth.exe" (Run as administrator). In the window that opens, log in with an authorized Xiaomi Account.
3. Navigate to (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool nad run "flash_tool.exe". The SP_Flash_Tool interface opens. Now you have to select the 3 files:
Download-Agent: (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool/MTK_AllInOne_DA_mt6765_mt6785.bin
Scatter-loading File: You will find this one on your stock rom folder, especially on the folder called "images".
Authentication File: (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool/auth_sv5.auth
4. Press the "Download" button.
5. Connect the USB cable to your PC but NOT YET to your phone.
6. Hold the vol+ button on your phone pressed and NOW connect the cable to it.
7. The program should now react and start the flashing process without giving an error.
8. Wait for the flashing process to end and enjoy!

Sidenote
You surely wonder where you can find an authorised Xiaomi account.
There are rumors that there are people who connect to your PC with remote-desktop programs and provide the log-in details just when they are needed during the flash process. And they get paid for it (~10-15 USD, maybe more).
Another solution would be some mobile-phone technician in you city. He/She may have an authorised account for fixing the phones locally at the store.
You may also be lucky to have a friend with an authorised account.
But I do not know of a valid way to get an authorised account for yourself at the time and age of writing.

Sidenote 2
If I remember correctly, on an older Xiaomi MTK phone, they managed to bypass the authorisation by using a modified DA file. If you don't want to pay for an authorisation service, you can wait for a while. But it is unknown if/when such a file is going to be released for Redmi Note 8 Pro.

Attachments

• sp.png
    sp.png
    50.5 KB · Views: 14,468
  • folders.png
    folders.png
    24.1 KB · Views: 14,429
  • dead.jpg
    dead.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 14,304
Last edited:

itocogan

Mar 8, 2019
I have created this thread in order to share my experience. I have a Redmi Note 8 Pro that was bricked after flashing a wrong boot.img with TWRP. No fastboot, no recovery, no vibration when pressing the power button. the phone was like dead.

The LED turned on when connected to PC with USB cable. The PC recognised the phone for 5 seconds when holding vol+ before connecting the USB cable. It was recognised as "Mediatek USB port " on Device Manager and after 5 seconds, the PC would lose the connection to the device.

It seems that when holding the vol+ button and connecting the phone to the PC with USB cable, the phone enters to DA mode and waits for a signal that is trying to flash the firmware to it. If the signal doesn't come in the first 5 seconds, the device just gets out of DA mode.

MiFlash does not recognise the phone in this state, as this program can be used only for fastboot flashing.
SP Flash tool recognises the device but returns an "ERROR: STATUS_BROM_CMD_FAIL". This is happening because one has to be logged in with an Authorised Service Account simultaneously when trying to flash with SP Flash Tool. If the authorisation passes, the program starts flashing the firmware to the device.

Requirements
2. The stock firmware of your device. (Warning! If you have a Chinese device you have to try with the Chinese firmware. Global device with Global firmware etc. Do not try with Global firmware on Chinese device!)

The Procedure
0. Unpack your device's firmware.
1. Install MiFlashPro.
2. Navigate to (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool/mi and run "account_auth.exe" (Run as administrator). In the window that opens, log in with your Xiaomi Account.
3. Navigate to (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool nad run "flash_tool.exe". The SP_Flash_Tool interface opens. Now you have to select the 3 files:
Download-Agent: (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool/MTK_AllInOne_DA_mt6765_mt6785.bin
Scatter-loading File: You will find this one on your stock rom folder, especially on the folder called "images".
Authentication File: (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool/auth_sv5.auth
7. The program should now react and start the flashing process without giving an error.
8. Wait for the flashing process to end enjoy!

Sidenote
There are rumors that there are people who connect to your PC with remote-desktop programs and provide the log-in details just when they are needed during the flash process. And they get paid for it (~10-15 USD, maybe more).
Another solution would be some mobile-phone technician in you city. He/She may have an authorised account for fixing the phones locally at the store.
But I do not know of a valid way to get an authorised account for yourself at the time and age of writing.

Sidenote 2
If I remember correctly, on an older Xiaomi MTK phone, they managed to bypass the authorisation by using a modified DA file. If you don't want to pay for an authorisation service, you can wait for a while. But it is unknown if/when such a file is going to be released for Redmi Note 8 Pro.
then you can from where for the official account if possible please help I will donate 15usd

LepatUbi

Mar 3, 2017

hi... my phone has same case with u ... so i try with your method. but at item 5 until 8 cant response with my laptop... can you suggest to me what i must do? ... sorry my english very bad

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
hi... my phone has same case with u ... so i try with your method. but at item 5 until 8 cant response with my laptop... can you suggest to me what i must do? ... sorry my english very bad

Try connecting your phone to the PC with USB cable and then hold pwr+volup buttons for more than 5 seconds. Does it work this way?

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
no.. dose not work .. i try with off phone >> Hold power + volUp >> connect usb .. it is correct?...

1st way
1. Connect USB cable only to PC
2. Hold vol+ on phone
3. Connect USB cable to phone (while holding vol+)

2nd way
1. Connect USB cable to PC and phone
2. Hold pwr and vol+ for many seconds, until something happens (led turns on and off and phone is detected by the PC).

LepatUbi

Mar 3, 2017
1st way
1. Connect USB cable only to PC
2. Hold vol+ on phone
3. Connect USB cable to phone (while holding vol+)

2nd way
1. Connect USB cable to PC and phone
2. Hold pwr and vol+ for many seconds, until something happens (led turns on and off and phone is detected by the PC).

still no effect... do you have other methods?

Last edited:

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
All above replying "does not work",, do you all managed to get authorization file??
If so, then kindly do share with all of us.

The authorisation file is included in the installation folder of MiFlashPro. It is not the one that is going to make the difference though. The most important thing to do for the process to continue is to log in with an authorized Xiaomi account.

LepatUbi

Mar 3, 2017
The authorisation file is included in the installation folder of MiFlashPro. It is not the one that is going to make the difference though. The most important thing to do for the process to continue is to log in with an authorized Xiaomi account.

this situation in my computer
2019-11-11_200230.png
So i cant connect my phone with PC..
Your threat actually given me hope to make my redmi note 8 pro power again...:D

Reactions: Saket.Anand

polfrank

Jul 5, 2012
this situation in my computer

So i cant connect my phone with PC..
Your threat actually given me hope to make my redmi note 8 pro power again...:D

Hmm, I really can't think of something else. It seems that you have set up the software as expected and now the only thing that remains is to connect the phone in DA more. But I don't know why it doesn't respond. Hope that you solve it somehow... :(

Edit: have you tried installing the USB driver with driver signature check disabled in Windows?

LepatUbi

Mar 3, 2017
Hmm, I really can't think of something else. It seems that you have set up the software as expected and now the only thing that remains is to connect the phone in DA more. But I don't know why it doesn't respond. Hope that you solve it somehow... :(

Edit: have you tried installing the USB driver with driver signature check disabled in Windows?

i will unistall everything about xiomi.. and will install again in mode driver signature check disabled in Windows. hope this method will success... TQvm my friend

Reactions: polfrank

coolvipcandy

Oct 3, 2013

Oh, so its not an either-or situation.
How the people charging for auth keys/ids , getting this from ?

aisidetpipo

Jul 14, 2015
Hi, please try this. Connect to PC then just press volume down button for a minute. If u can get to fastboot then flash or unlock your device again.
If that's not work try press 3 button at the same time for a minute to get to fastboot.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Reactions: polfrank

LepatUbi

Mar 3, 2017
Hi, please try this. Connect to PC then just press volume down button for a minute. If u can get to fastboot then flash or unlock your device again.
If that's not work try press 3 button at the same time for a minute to get to fastboot.

Any feedback is appreciated.

cannot respond in my computer and another computer. it like the same case in first thread by polfrank..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Code:
    /*
    * I'm not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed (like it did for me...).
    * Please do some research if you have any concerns about features included in the products you find here before flashing it!
    * YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
    * Your warranty will be void if you tamper with any part of your device / software.
    * Same statement for XDA.
    */

UPDATE 2021-02-28
    There has lately been discovered a method to flash begonia/begoniain without the need of an authorised Xiaomi account for flashing. Even if one had earlier not implemented the brick protection method (factory preloader + CFW). This means that CFW is not really needed anymore and that many custom roms are moving away from it. So, in case of brick one can follow this detailed guide in order to unbrick without the need for an authorised Xiaomi account for flashing. There is also an explanatory video that may be helpful for some.

UPDATE 2020-02-25
    As of 24 Feb 2020 a new method has been found to help RN8p users avoid bricking their devices. It is a preventive measure and NOT a curative, as it cannot help users who haven't already flashed the specific preloader of the engineering ROM version prior to bricking. For more information see the xda thread by @Agent_fabulous.

ORIGINAL POST
    I have created this thread in order to share my experience. I have a Redmi Note 8 Pro that was bricked after flashing a wrong boot.img with TWRP. No fastboot, no recovery, no vibration when pressing the power button. The phone was like dead.

Requirements

The Procedure
    0. Unzip your device's firmware.
    1. Install MiFlashPro.
    2. Navigate to (installation_directory)/MiFlashPro/SP_Flash_Tool/mi and run "account_auth.exe" (Run as administrator). In the window that opens, log in with an authorized Xiaomi Account.
    8. Wait for the flashing process to end and enjoy!

Sidenote

Sidenote 2
    hello, the solution to the problem is the battery is completely discharged until the device stops responding to any attempts to start using the key combination. unless you tried to flash a fastboot partition. the solution works after hard bricking after trying to upload incompatible twrp or other rom (I uploaded Chinese twrp on eu rom). ok, we start:
    1. holding vol - and power plug in the usb cable (the buttons are released when the notification LED changes from very bright for a moment to slightly dimmed)
    2. you will see the long unseen battery symbol with a lightning inside (i.e. a completely discharged battery, the charge status will begin to show the percentage)
    3. Turn off the USB cable at 3 percent.
    4. now an important thing - you need to start the phone only trying to enter the fastboot mode otherwise the phone will start to boot the system and get stuck again and you will have to unload it again
    5. you will finally enter the fastboot :), using only the software from xiaomi or xiaomi flash and fastboot rom

I succeeded :) after 2 weeks of waiting for it to discharge ...
    Solution

Are you okay? I brick my cell phone the redmi note 8 pro, unintentionally. I was on Android 10 I went to install another Rom Miui Android 10 and without wanting I passed the preload.fix on TWRP, then I remembered that it does not work on the Android 10 vendor, so the cell phone turned off and only the LED when connected to the PC, VIB I searched a lot and did not find a solution until I saw in a post on XDA over unplugged the battery, I dismantled the back cover of glass, the protection of the plate carefully. And I disconnected the cell phone, I connected 10 seconds later and still did not fit. Then follow the steps of this forum https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-8-pro/how-to/guide-mode-stuck-da-mode-authorised-t400043 So here's the solution it worked.

1 - Log in to account_auth.exe (even with the unauthorized account) I performed flash_tool.exe (SP flash)

2 - Configure SP Flash Choose DA, Download-Agent (Available in Mi Flash Pro Folders) I used version 4.3.1220.29) of Mi Flash Pro,

3 - Android Scatter available within the "images" folder of your device's ROM. Download the ROM for device. was CN Android 9 Miui 11.0.3. Fastboot Rom

4 - Leave Mi SP Flash ready for download (in the "Download Only" option choice "Firware Update")

5 - I disconnected the battery from the cell phone.

6 - Connected the USB cable to the computer.

7 - Connected the USB cable to the device (disconnected battery).

8 - When the computer recognizes the device, be quick to start the installation, select Download on SP Flash.

9 - The installation will start and will not stop until completely completed.

10 - While SP Flash is installing, connect the battery to the device.

11 - Ready your cell phone was recovered.
    Hi mek, My RN8 Pro now is not recovery and fastboot like yours too. May I know how you disconnected the battery? You have to disassemble your phone right? When the PC recognized your phone in fastboot mode - the screen at that time was still black or functioned normally?
    Thanks for your help

You have to disassemble the phone and yes, the screen was black. At the second vibration ( longer than the first), the pc recognized the phone in fastboot mode.

Steps.
    1- open phone
    2- disconnect the battery
    3- wait 10 seconds
    4-connect the battery
    5-Press and hold power and volume-
    6-plug to pc
    7- wait for the second vibration ( longer).
    Bricked my phone today by flashing wrong boot.img after bootloop. I was looking for the solution for about 6 hours. Xiaomi is very funny company, they sent their devices to the developers, they published source code (partial). The ideal company for developers, but when device bricks, they don't have anything to say, no solution, just nothing. Big applause for them.

PS: Didn't tried that one solution with disconnecting/fully discharging battery. Well there is another one: reverse engineering whole SP Flash Tool, which I'm kinda trying to do now.