[GUIDE][BEGONIA]Unlock Bootloader, Flash TWRP and Root[PROPER]

Kronos911

Dec 10, 2020
How updates miui12 on rooted device with TWRP recovery installed.
Currently on 12.0.3 and would update to 12.0.5.
OTA or by TWRP ?
What is the rite steps ?
Thanks

peudroid

Jan 11, 2019
HI

I just unlocked my Redmi note 8 pro . All commands are working but i still hava a bootlooping on recovery . The inly only thing I can do is to boot properly and then boot the usual recovery .

So flashing recovery does'nt work properly as I can not get any access . I also tried to boot to recovery by command line with no succes( bootloop then , normal boot ).

I cas on miui 12 before trying to unlock and install twrp.

If someone have a solution , I'll take it :D

Kronos911

Dec 10, 2020
HI

I just unlocked my Redmi note 8 pro . All commands are working but i still hava a bootlooping on recovery . The inly only thing I can do is to boot properly and then boot the usual recovery .

So flashing recovery does'nt work properly as I can not get any access . I also tried to boot to recovery by command line with no succes( bootloop then , normal boot ).

I cas on miui 12 before trying to unlock and install twrp.

If someone have a solution , I'll take it :D
Be sure that u flashing the rite recovery according to ur android version..

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
Are you sure this going to work for redmi note 8 pro because I stuck in bootloap every time

I have the same problem. Installed twrp recovery successfully. But after rooting then bootloop(reboots only to fastboot mode). Any one with help please.

---------- Post added at 04:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

I have the same problem. Installed twrp recovery successfully. But after rooting then bootloop(reboots only to fastboot mode). Any one with help please.

---------- Post added at 04:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:02 PM ----------

- In TWRP mount System
- Go to Advanced > file manager
- then go to system_root > system and delete "recovery-from-boot.p"
- Go home and again go to advanced and Select "Close AVB2.0" swipe to confirm.
- flash magisk 20.0 https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v20.4/Magisk-v20.4.zip
- wipe dalvik & cache
- reboot to system

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
@donkyshot

I completely followed the instructions in this thread and the CFW megathread and have installed Havoc ROM and CFW recovery but got stuck in the bootloop.

I want to try your instructions >

- In TWRP mount System
- Go to Advanced > file manager
- then go to system_root > system and delete "recovery-from-boot.p"
- Go home and again go to advanced and Select "Close AVB2.0" swipe to confirm.
- flash magisk 20.0 https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases/download/v20.4/Magisk-v20.4.zip
- wipe dalvik & cache
- reboot to system
...but when I boot to recovery, I only get about 2 or 3 seconds before it force reboots and continues the bootloop. There's no time to execute the instructions. Do you have any suggestions for this situation?

Maybe I should try this?

Last edited:

xdabushrang3r

Feb 14, 2016
And, did all work out?
Thank you for the reply sir!
I'm trying to do it but as soon as recovery starts, after a few seconds, the phone force restarts and continues the bootloop again. I don't have time to go into recovery and execute the steps.

UPDATE: I finally fixed my problems.
My bootloop was simply caused by not flashing CFW even though I thought I followed the megathread so carefully. I think the information could be organised a bit better, but very glad it exists nonetheless.

My bootloop was present even when entering recovery so I couldn't use your method. I had to flash each individual partition in fastboot to fix it.

Last edited:
Reactions: saldor
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone