[Guide} Bionic to ICS w/Files

Search This thread

matt1313

Sep 24, 2010
California
Google Pixel 5
These files and steps will get your Bionic on ICS with root. Follow directions carefully and enjoy.

To make it simple and help I have made a 1 file tar to download. Contents include FXZ to 902 then supplied 902_905 and .230 files with RSD and new Moto Drivers. Also includes Rooting script.

http://android.mattsimoni.com/Bionic.tar

Code:
// Use at your own risk, I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. This is the method I choose to do this and it worked without fail.
// You have been warned, now have fun and jump on the band wagon!!
** 902_905.zip treat like a normal update.zip and flash through stock recovery
** 6.7.230 ICS Bionic.zip you will need to unzip before flashing

**Install Flashing Process**
First back up both SDCARDS and format each
then RSD back to .902
When it boots up for the first time, bypass activation and stuff by touching the 4 corners of the screen
Top Left - Top Right - Bottom Right - Bottom Left
Add 902_905 zip to SDCARD
Reboot into recovery flash ZIP
When it boots up for the first time, bypass activation and stuff by touching the 4 corners
Add 6.7.230 ICS Bionic.zip and crc file to SDCARD  
When its boots up it will be ICS, dont panic wait a few minutes and your set.
**Rooting Process**
Install New MOTO Drivers
Put phone into USB Debugging Mode
Confirm you put your phone into USB Debugging Mode
Click run.bat from the Root Folder.
You are now rooted.

Last edited:

Sqwaller

Oct 23, 2008
Ok I have been trying to post this for a bit now, I am running rooted Bionic .2233 very smooth and easy process. However, when I installed Avast anti virus Avast came back and told me that a program called Verizon Remote Diagnostic too is using a high SMS priority and Avast will not work properly with it installed. Avast at this point offered to uninstall and, of course, this tool will not uninstall. I googled this tool and I saw a Verizon rep saying something like this is a tool for customer service and sits in the background and does not mine data. Anyone else hear of this tool? Is there a way to freeze or due bloat? I don't like the idea that Verizon did this, the rep also said this tool was for the LG Optimus?? Is this leak originally for the Optimus?

matt1313

Sep 24, 2010
California
Google Pixel 5
Ok I have been trying to post this for a bit now, I am running rooted Bionic .2233 very smooth and easy process. However, when I installed Avast anti virus Avast came back and told me that a program called Verizon Remote Diagnostic too is using a high SMS priority and Avast will not work properly with it installed. Avast at this point offered to uninstall and, of course, this tool will not uninstall. I googled this tool and I saw a Verizon rep saying something like this is a tool for customer service and sits in the background and does not mine data. Anyone else hear of this tool? Is there a way to freeze or due bloat? I don't like the idea that Verizon did this, the rep also said this tool was for the LG Optimus?? Is this leak originally for the Optimus?

Try disabling it from applications menu

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

Lemmy Caution

Aug 10, 2008
That was really easy - now one question: Is there are restore process torestore the internal and External SD cards that we backed-up?

OR should I just drag/drop what I need?

Thanks again -

powrful1

Mar 13, 2008
Ok I have a silly question.

I followed the instructions and RSD back to 902. The problem is when I boot into recovery I get the Android guy with the !

I am able to take the 905 update and that worked just fine.

I was unable to apply 905 or ICS from this thread or any others.

I have tried to search various places but can't find the same problem.

help?

Last edited:

matt1313

Sep 24, 2010
California
Google Pixel 5
Can someone rehost. Data quota is exceeded.

New link added

That was really easy - now one question: Is there are restore process torestore the internal and External SD cards that we backed-up?

OR should I just drag/drop what I need?

Thanks again -

Drag and drop

I followed the instructions and RSD back to 902. The problem is when I boot into recovery I get the Android guy with the !

help?

Try it all over again, sound like something went wrong

PremierGT

Mar 9, 2011
Rockford

help?

did you unroot before you did all of this? try that and see if it works.

everyday_geek

Dec 12, 2008
Macomb MI
AWSOME ...!!!

This worked GREAT ... I followed the instructions as listed and am now running ICS - BTW make sure that your battery has a good charge on it BEFORE attempting ANY flashing ...!

My battery went too low while flashing - I thought I bricked it (would not charge after) I had to borrow a battery from a buddy.

Rookie mistake I know ...

Thanks again I will update if I find any bugs.

AustinS

Jun 26, 2012
Bricked?

I downloaded to my unrooted stock 905 bionic last night and ran the update. All went successful until I rebooted. I received a great error message..

Code:
Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop): Invalid SP Data
Invalid CG HAB (CG: webtop, status: 0x004E)
Invalid CG OTV (CG: webtop)

I tried going back to 902 using the FXB and RSDLite, but it fails. It worked the first time and failed at 19/20.. now it fails at 1/20 (aka immediately). I tried using laptop, desktop, two USB cords, etc. Any ideas on how to unbrick? I'll update this thread if I figure out how to fix it.

J Ellis

Dec 6, 2010

did you unroot before you did all of this? try that and see if it works.

same thing happened to me and my phone is unrooted. I even re-ran RSD. Please help.

(turn off phone, hold down both vol buttons + power, press vol down then up to go into recovery, press both vol buttons at android exclamation icon to see menu options)
<was not doing the highlighted part

Last edited:

1sl02

Aug 4, 2010
ColoSpgs
what is the reason for formatting the sd cards?

my phone hasn't been rooted and i'm on 905 already. i'm just in it for the ics, i haven't had a need for root, as of yet.

janocool

Dec 24, 2010
Cuenca
Just install the 233 leak works great and i didnt format the sd cards, so i dont see the need of that.

I was using the gsm hack but after the install i cant get signal and i cant change the network type in settings, ICS for the bionic will open the global feature? If not can i re apply the gsm patch? or maybe use radiocomm

Thanks

jlong006

Aug 16, 2010
Okay quick question I downloaded the .tar file, this makes the second time. Seems the root file is empty. After both downloads it still seems to be this way. Can I just use voodoo or is there another way? Thanks

wats6831

Jun 28, 2012
Thanks for posting this. Also, i don't remember if I was on .893 or what I was on for stock. What if I never went past .893? thanks.

Can you just use cheesecake.apk to get the 905 and leaked ICS updates? thanks.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These files and steps will get your Bionic on ICS with root. Follow directions carefully and enjoy.

To make it simple and help I have made a 1 file tar to download. Contents include FXZ to 902 then supplied 902_905 and .230 files with RSD and new Moto Drivers. Also includes Rooting script.

http://android.mattsimoni.com/Bionic.tar

Code:
    // Use at your own risk, I'm not responsible for anything that happens to your phone. This is the method I choose to do this and it worked without fail.
    // You have been warned, now have fun and jump on the band wagon!!
    ** 902_905.zip treat like a normal update.zip and flash through stock recovery
    ** 6.7.230 ICS Bionic.zip you will need to unzip before flashing

**Install Flashing Process**
    First back up both SDCARDS and format each
    then RSD back to .902
    When it boots up for the first time, bypass activation and stuff by touching the 4 corners of the screen
    Add 902_905 zip to SDCARD
    When it boots up for the first time, bypass activation and stuff by touching the 4 corners
    Add 6.7.230 ICS Bionic.zip and crc file to SDCARD  
    When its boots up it will be ICS, dont panic wait a few minutes and your set.
    **Rooting Process**
    Install New MOTO Drivers
    Put phone into USB Debugging Mode
    Confirm you put your phone into USB Debugging Mode
    Click run.bat from the Root Folder.
    You are now rooted.
    Do you unroot first and then Fastboot back to .893 or do you Fastboot first and then unroot?
    You don't need to unroot if using fastboot. It will blow away all traces of root..and your internal SD card. So don't fret about it.

where do i do backup's? in recovery i am not seeing the option to back up my phone. Do i need to install an app to do this?

You need to install CWM or Bootstrap or safe strap to do backups. They are included in one of the folders of the zip. Use either. Install like any app. Open it and then click on the install strap. Done.

--Sent from GlaDos baked potato