• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE]Bootloader Unlock Realme C12

Search This thread

HemanthJabalpuri

I don't know why I am facing these weird issues, sorry for bothering you...
I have installed the driver you mentioned in the questions section, now if I connect my phone while in fastboot mode, my PC detects it but if I give the command "fastboot flashing unlock", the command prompt still shows "Waiting for device"...

And I tried going to device manager and manually update my device drivers (as you guided), still the same :(
Ah, don't know then. It's probably driver issue. May be try another PC or if you know how to use Linux, then use Live version of Linux and try.

Shawmik

Sep 17, 2018
Xiaomi Mi A3
Ah, don't know then. It's probably driver issue. May be try another PC or if you know how to use Linux, then use Live version of Linux and try.
By the way, which option should I choose here while manually updating device driver? (In device manager)

Attachments

• IMG_20210724_122104.jpg
    IMG_20210724_122104.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 10

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
Thank you for creating the In Depth Tool
Question about whether I allow my C12 to update before running the In Depth Tool:
I have a new out-of-the-box C12 with updates disabled before first internet connection. It is running UI 1.0 (see About Phone in attached image).
However, the error returned by the In Depth Tool is asking me to update the system.
I thought I would err on the side of caution and ask here first whether updating the system would be the correct thing to do next. I see that there is an In Depth Tool for UI 2.0, will this work at this time of writing (Aug 20th) if I update the phone system? Will it update to UI 2.0? or something newer?

Attachments

• AboutPhone.jpg
    AboutPhone.jpg
    5.5 MB · Views: 5
  • InDepthTool.jpg
    InDepthTool.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 5

HemanthJabalpuri

Question about whether I allow my C12 to update before running the In Depth Tool:
I have a new out-of-the-box C12 with updates disabled before first internet connection. It is running UI 1.0 (see About Phone in attached image).
However, the error returned by the In Depth Tool is asking me to update the system.
I thought I would err on the side of caution and ask here first whether updating the system would be the correct thing to do next. I see that there is an In Depth Tool for UI 2.0, will this work at this time of writing (Aug 20th) if I update the phone system? Will it update to UI 2.0? or something newer?
Which update came to your mobile? A.95 or C.05?
If it is A.95, then update to it and use UI1 DeepTesting app.
If it is C.05, then update to it and use UI2 DeepTesting app.
Either will work.

Reactions: zpunout

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus
Either will work.
Available OTA update on the device was from the installed version (A.81) to version ending in A.95. Updated to A.95 and used the UI1 In-depth app to successfully unlock bootloader. It took about 10 minutes from the request submission to approval status just like how it was described in the OP.

Worth noting for myself and others in the future:
I learnt that it seems the OTA updates are sequential. After updating the phone from A.81 to A.95, there was still a further OTA update to C.05 available. This gives me peace of mind knowing that the updates are installed incrementally without skipping versions and that these tools are likely to work into the foreseeable future. I'm still a bit of a noob but am willing to be patient and learn more.

Thanks for your help.

Kenshe

Sep 2, 2021
After 6 months from launch date, we finally got bootloader unlock permission on March 2nd 2020 for Realme C12 based on Realme UI 1.0 ONLY!.

Before doing anything to device, keep a copy of Stock ROM from here in your PC or SD Card.

Unlocking bootloader will trip safetynet. If you want to use bank apps or some apps that use SafetyNet, then you have to pass SafetyNet. To pass it we have to use a Magisk module called 'Universal SafetyNet fix' Or use a custom rom or GSI that uses it if you dont want Magisk.

Also locking bootloader seems to lead 'Red State' in many devices. This can only be solved by going to Service Center. So be prepared for it. To get rid of it flash stock rom once even if you didn't done any modifications.

Prerequisites:-

- A PC
- USB Cable(We can use charger cable)
- Platform-tools
- Patience

Step 0 - Great! You're ready to go. Make sure to backup your phone's data before continuing on with this tutorial, as unlocking will make it factory reset (wipe)!

Step 1 - Download and Open In Depth Tool from below
For UI 1.0 https://download.c.realme.com/flash/Unlock_tool/DeepTest_realmeC12.apk
For UI 2.0 https://cloud.minati.workers.dev/Bootloader-Unlock-C11-RUI2.apk
1243536100429922304.png

Step 2 - Click “Start applying”.
1243536170021814272.png

Step 3 - Please read the disclaimer in detail, select the checkbox, and submit your application
1243536216259821568.png

Step 4 - The Application Will be checked by realme Servers..(Wait 10 mins)
1243536281229590528.png

Step 5 - Go back. Remove app from Recent apps. Open the app and click on Query verification status which is at top right
1243536441040961536.png

Step 6 - You can now click “Start the in-depth test” and the device will reboot to fastboot mode automatically. The following string will display on the screen: fast boot_unlock_verify ok

Step 7 - Now Download and install the fastboot tool on your PC and Connect the device to PC using USB cable and ready to unlock it.

Step 8 - Now you are in Fastboot Mode. Type this command
Code:
fastboot flashing unlock
in command prompt of PC and Press enter.

Step 9 - On your phone press the Volume Down key to select "UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER” (or press the Volume Up key if you have changed your mind to select "DO NOT UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER”).
1243536656900816896.png

Step 10 - Now type
Code:
fastboot reboot
. Your phone will reboot and all user data on the phone will be erased - I recommend you perform a data backup prior to applying.

And there you go! Your phone will reboot and you can set it all up again. with the ability to root and you can also install GSIs/custom ROMs/recovery!

After unlocking, flash stock rom once from stock recovery to fix some 'Red state' issue and fastboot errors that may lead to GSI booting issues. See this for flashing stock rom. With this you will also get a idea of flashing stock rom.

Q: Will unlocking my bootloader void my warranty?
A: No, it will not. Unless you brick your device.

Q: I tried unlocking my bootloader but, PC doesn't detect my phone, even though it's in fastboot mode and connected. Help?
A: Here are some things you can try:
- Try another USB port.​
- Try another USB cable.​
- Download and install exe for 64-bit and 32-bit
- Restart PC​
- Connect device to PC​
- Go to Device Manager
- Double Click on Unidentified Realme C12(Device with exclamation mark)​
- Click on Update Driver
- Select Browser my computer
- Select Let me pick
- Select Android Device
- Click on Next
Enjoy!​

Q: I am getting carrier-customized phone?
A:
My phone didn't get detected but I fixed it by updating my phone's driver. But when I continued unlocking the bootloader and after I did all of it my phone's data are still there and I know that I did it wrong. Do you know the issue?

HemanthJabalpuri

My phone didn't get detected but I fixed it by updating my phone's driver. But when I continued unlocking the bootloader and after I did all of it my phone's data are still there and I know that I did it wrong. Do you know the issue?
I guess, you pressed Vol Up button. We have to press Vol Down button, since it may show wrong in screen.

Follow instructions as is.

Kenshe

Sep 2, 2021
After 6 months from launch date, we finally got bootloader unlock permission on March 2nd 2020 for Realme C12 based on Realme UI 1.0 ONLY!.

Before doing anything to device, keep a copy of Stock ROM from here in your PC or SD Card.

Unlocking bootloader will trip safetynet. If you want to use bank apps or some apps that use SafetyNet, then you have to pass SafetyNet. To pass it we have to use a Magisk module called 'Universal SafetyNet fix' Or use a custom rom or GSI that uses it if you dont want Magisk.

Also locking bootloader seems to lead 'Red State' in many devices. This can only be solved by going to Service Center. So be prepared for it. To get rid of it flash stock rom once even if you didn't done any modifications.

- A PC
- Platform-tools
- Patience

Step 0 - Great! You're ready to go. Make sure to backup your phone's data before continuing on with this tutorial, as unlocking will make it factory reset (wipe)!

For UI 1.0 https://download.c.realme.com/flash/Unlock_tool/DeepTest_realmeC12.apk
1243536100429922304.png

1243536170021814272.png

Step 3 - Please read the disclaimer in detail, select the checkbox, and submit your application
1243536216259821568.png

1243536281229590528.png

Step 5 - Go back. Remove app from Recent apps. Open the app and click on Query verification status which is at top right
1243536441040961536.png

Step 6 - You can now click “Start the in-depth test” and the device will reboot to fastboot mode automatically. The following string will display on the screen: fast boot_unlock_verify ok

Step 7 - Now Download and install the fastboot tool on your PC and Connect the device to PC using USB cable and ready to unlock it.

Code:
fastboot flashing unlock

Step 9 - On your phone press the Volume Down key to select "UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER” (or press the Volume Up key if you have changed your mind to select "DO NOT UNLOCK THE BOOTLOADER”).
1243536656900816896.png

Step 10 - Now type
Code:
fastboot reboot
. Your phone will reboot and all user data on the phone will be erased - I recommend you perform a data backup prior to applying.

And there you go! Your phone will reboot and you can set it all up again. with the ability to root and you can also install GSIs/custom ROMs/recovery!

After unlocking, flash stock rom once from stock recovery to fix some 'Red state' issue and fastboot errors that may lead to GSI booting issues. See this for flashing stock rom. With this you will also get a idea of flashing stock rom.

Q: I tried unlocking my bootloader but, PC doesn't detect my phone, even though it's in fastboot mode and connected. Help?
- Try another USB port.​
- Restart PC​
- Connect device to PC​
- Go to Device Manager
- Click on Update Driver
- Select Let me pick
- Select Android Device
- Click on Next
Enjoy!​

A: See this
do you know a way for Realme C12 Android 11?
i tried guides on other sites but my device didnt boot into fastboot and when it rebooted my phone wasn't wiped

Raki360

Jan 13, 2022
My devise name "realme c11 rmx2185 bootloader unlock" I can not bootloader unlock, bot I flow all stipe properly.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After 6 months from launch date, we finally got bootloader unlock permission on March 2nd 2020 for Realme C12 initially based on Realme UI 1.0. Later Realme gave permission for UI 2.0 too.

- A PC
    - Platform-tools
    - Patience

1243536100429922304.png

1243536170021814272.png

1243536216259821568.png

1243536281229590528.png

1243536441040961536.png

Code:
    fastboot flashing unlock

1243536656900816896.png

Step 10 - Now type
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

- Try another USB port.​
    - Restart PC​
    - Connect device to PC​
    - Go to Device Manager
    - Click on Update Driver
    - Select Let me pick
    - Select Android Device
    - Click on Next
    Enjoy!​

A: See this
    Use 'Bootloader interface' for unlocking bootloader.
    Well, thank you very much. I have successfully unlocked the bootloader using Linux. Those problems I was facing was because of drivers...

Thank you very much again☺️
    Either will work.