[GUIDE] Bootloader Unlock, TWRP, ROOT, Back to Stock, UNBRICK and Fastboot Flash

Search This thread

Kaushikradhey

Aug 25, 2014
delhi
UNLOCKING YOUR PHONE WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA, SO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATA TO EITHER PC OR EXTERNAL SD CARD.
Hi All, I'm summarizing all steps required for BL unlock, TWRP and rooting our Realme 5 Pro(tested with Indian variant).
I'm not the Owner of any file required in this guide. So credit goes to real developer/maintainer of these files/patches/mods.
:fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::)

Unlocking: Follow below steps one by one. Updated for Realme UI too.

1. Download and install the unlock tool apk on your phone. download apk from below:
a. For Color Os-> Depth test file
b. For Realme Ui ->Depth test file
2. Follow the detailed steps below to unlock the bootloader.
a. Open unlock tool.
b. Click “Start applying”.
c. Please read the disclaimer in detail, select the checkbox, and submit your application.
d. The application will be checked by realme servers.
e. Within approximately 1 hour, the unlock tool apk will show the status of the unlock request - if it shows the unlocking is successful, please proceed to the following step.
f. You can now click “Start the in-depth test” and the device will reboot automatically.
3. Download the ADB tool and after extracting zip file open folder minimal_adb_fastboot in PC.
a. Click on file “cmd-here” to open command prompt (CMD) or you can manually open CMD by holding Shift key and Right-click on the screen to open command prompt window.
b. In CMD type- “fastboot devices” and press enter to verify that your device is being detected. If not, install ADB drivers first or reconnect your phone to a different port of PC then try again.
c. In CMD type- “fastboot oem unlock” and press enter to unlock the bootloader.
d. Now on phone, a message like in below image will appear. In phone select the "unlock the bootloader" menu by pressing the volume button down and then press the “power button” to finally unlock the bootloader of phone.
e. After pressing the power button your phone will boot into Color OS by wiping phone and bootloader is now unlocked.
TWRP(Recovery installing): Follow below steps one by one.
--- Very Imp **** take a complete backup of the phone just after booting into twrp using this guide ****

1. The bootloader of your phone must be unlocked.
2. Download TWRP and Vbmeta.img file and rename TWRP file to “twrp.img” and copy both files to folder “minimal_adb_fastboot”
3. Power off the phone then press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button with POWER button for 3 seconds and your phone will be booted into bootloader mode.
4. Click on file “cmd-here” in folder minimal_adb_fastboot to open the command prompt (CMD)
5. Follow step 3.b of Unlocking method to check that phone is connected with the PC properly.
6. In CMD type- “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img” to flash TWRP and wait for the confirmation screen/message.
7. Now in CMD type- "fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img" to flash vbmeta file.
8. After flashing vbmeta, follow below final steps.
a. In phone press volume down button to select “Recovery mode
b. Press the power button to boot in recovery.
c. A message “Unmodified System Partition” will appear and uncheck menu “Never Show……..” and Swipe to allow modification.
d. Make a backup of all partitions to an external sd card.
e. From twrp reboot to recovery first and then reboot to the system.
Rooting: Follow below steps one by one.
--- Very Imp ****TWRP must be installed in your phone otherwise follow the above steps to install TWRP****

1. Make a backup first using TWRP before proceeding to the next steps.
2. Download the latest Stable Magisk version and Stable Magisk Manager. Link to Magisk+Manager.
3. (You can skip this step if you are on RUI) Download Magisk fix and Redblink Patch(SystemUI) file.
4. Copy all 4 (2 files from step 2, if you are on RUI) files downloaded above to either external sd card or internal memory.
5. Power off the phone then press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button with POWER button for 3 seconds and your phone will be booted into bootloader mode.
6. Press the volume down button to select “Recovery Mode” and press the power button to boot in recovery.
7. Now follow below final steps:
a. In TWRP recovery navigate and Flash Magisk file.
b. (Skip this step if you are on RUI) Flash Magisk patch file and reboot phone to system.
c. (Skip this step if you are on RUI) To fix the red blinking issue(rooted warning) in status bar of phone, follow steps 6 and 7 of this guide and flash SystemUI patch file and reboot.
d. If Magisk manager is missing in the app drawer of your phone(rooted+magisk flashed) then install magisk manager file downloaded in step 3 of rooting method.
e. If Magisk manager showing core mode only then uncheck "magisk core only mode" in the setting of magisk and reboot your phone.

Back to Stock, UNBRICK and Fastboot Flash: Follow below steps one by one. INDIAN VARIANT ONLY

1. Follow this guide to flash stock Colour os again on a rooted stock os, any custom rom flashed phone and phone booting to recovery only.
2. Download fastboot firmware from here. Indian Variant only.
3. Download platform-tools from here and extract to drive in your PC.
4. Extract downloaded fastboot firmware zip file and copy all files to platform tool folder.
5. Download Vbmeta.img file and replace with existing Vbmeta.img in platform folder(where firmware was extracted).
6. Open CMD by holding Shift key and Right-click on the PC to open command prompt window.
7. Power off the phone then press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button with POWER button for 3 seconds and your phone will be booted into bootloader mode and Follow step 3.b of Unlocking method to check that phone is connected with the PC properly.
8. Execute below commands one by one.

fastboot -w && fastboot erase system
fastboot flash boot boot.img
fastboot flash system system.img
fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
fastboot reboot

Now your phone is back to stock Color os again. Follow above TWRP and ROOT methods if you wants to root your stock os again.
All In One Link to all files required above.
Credits:
@thesprintster & @BabluS for recovery and vbmeta.
@topjohnwu for magisk.

:good:Don't forget to Click Thank's, if this guide helps.:good:

Last edited:

Josegames all

Nov 25, 2017
Sanlúcar
Realme 5 Pro
:( Screenshot_2019-10-31-14-01-51-83.jpg

Enviado desde mi RMX1971 mediante Tapatalk

pocepoke

Jul 27, 2011
jakarta
3. Download the latest Stable Magisk version and Stable Magisk Manager. Link to Magisk+Manager. ( https://drive.google.com/file/d/16CnHbb6s2vhnkYGc4nb2WIUgOnHkp5X4/view )

i think its wrong link there no magisk just minimal_adb_fastboot_1.4.3_portable.zip

e. If Magisk manager showing core mode only then uncheck "magisk core only mode" in the setting of magisk and reboot your phone.

i follow your guide for rooting but magisk core only mode even i disable the core only mode when restart it come back to core only mode, im using magisk v20 zip
im on colorOS 6 v11 rightnow

Last edited:

tonibm19

Mar 16, 2014
Has any anybody with the european version of this phone been able to unlock it?

I have tried with both A09 and A11 firmware, but it always says that my phone model is not supported by in-depth test.

pocepoke

Jul 27, 2011
jakarta
Has any anybody with the european version of this phone been able to unlock it?

I have tried with both A09 and A11 firmware, but it always says that my phone model is not supported by in-depth test.

I'm from Spain, and I can't unlock it, I will call to Realme if I can because I want unlock it.

Enviado desde mi RMX1971

is there european version?
as far i know is only 2 version, rm5pro India (global) realme Q (china)
mybe u can change region on settings -> language & region to mybe unloked region like india or like me indonesia
im using relame5pro and realme2pro (wife ) it can be unlocked easy when the unlock application is out from realme

Josegames all

Nov 25, 2017
Sanlúcar
Realme 5 Pro
is there european version?

as far i know is only 2 version, rm5pro India (global) realme Q (china)

mybe u can change region on settings -> language & region to mybe unloked region like india or like me indonesia

im using relame5pro and realme2pro (wife ) it can be unlocked easy when the unlock application is out from realme
I tried, but I can't, it's really uncomfortable, so I sent an email to Realme...

Enviado desde mi RMX1971

Borrasquillo

Nov 3, 2019
Hi dears.
Im from Spain too, and I cant Open Bootloader. I have tried a.9 and a.11 version, but both of them appear "model is not supported by in-depth test".
Im waiting for new Update or help to unlock and delete Color OS.

Thanks for all

Reactions: Josegames all

Madhuvrata

Jan 17, 2019
I bricked phone

I bought my phone in India so I presume that it is indian variant. First installed TWRP and LOS and everything was ok. Then tried with magisk but got ERROR 1 cannot mount system. So I taught that maybe flashing the latest firmware will change something. So I flashed firmware. And brick. I attach photos. Please kindly help me

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?photo_id=502381335672&album_id=5753911027

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?album_id=5753911027&photo_id=502381334149

https://www.photobox.co.uk/my/photo?photo_id=502381334736&album_id=5753911027

FIXED
I unbricked the device by "unbrick" guide :)
But why there is problem with flashing magisk?

Last edited:

Like_Gg

Apr 12, 2012
Hi all. I'm considering buying this phone but bootloader & root is a must.

It's possible to unlock bootloader in the EU (global) version? I read that EU and India versions are the same but I'm not 100% sure about this.

Does anyone from Europe unlocked it?

Regards

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
O E M unlock

In my Indian Rm5P /Settings/Additional Settings/Developers Options there is a provision for enabling O E M Unlock.What is this meant for? Whether I have to enable this before starting the in-depth tool?Or whether the BootLoader will be unlocked automatically if I enable this?

---------- Po

Last edited:

pnsdhrn

Nov 19, 2010
If I unlock bootloader and flash TWRP, this TWRP can be used as my stock recovery further flashing zips(not custom ROMs)? Also will Bank apps work in this set up without any problems?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    UNLOCKING YOUR PHONE WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA, SO MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATA TO EITHER PC OR EXTERNAL SD CARD.
    Hi All, I'm summarizing all steps required for BL unlock, TWRP and rooting our Realme 5 Pro(tested with Indian variant).
    I'm not the Owner of any file required in this guide. So credit goes to real developer/maintainer of these files/patches/mods.
    :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::)

Unlocking: Follow below steps one by one. Updated for Realme UI too.

1. Download and install the unlock tool apk on your phone. download apk from below:
    a. For Color Os-> Depth test file
    b. For Realme Ui ->Depth test file
    2. Follow the detailed steps below to unlock the bootloader.
    a. Open unlock tool.
    b. Click “Start applying”.
    c. Please read the disclaimer in detail, select the checkbox, and submit your application.
    d. The application will be checked by realme servers.
    e. Within approximately 1 hour, the unlock tool apk will show the status of the unlock request - if it shows the unlocking is successful, please proceed to the following step.
    f. You can now click “Start the in-depth test” and the device will reboot automatically.
    3. Download the ADB tool and after extracting zip file open folder minimal_adb_fastboot in PC.
    a. Click on file “cmd-here” to open command prompt (CMD) or you can manually open CMD by holding Shift key and Right-click on the screen to open command prompt window.
    b. In CMD type- “fastboot devices” and press enter to verify that your device is being detected. If not, install ADB drivers first or reconnect your phone to a different port of PC then try again.
    c. In CMD type- “fastboot oem unlock” and press enter to unlock the bootloader.
    d. Now on phone, a message like in below image will appear. In phone select the "unlock the bootloader" menu by pressing the volume button down and then press the “power button” to finally unlock the bootloader of phone.
    e. After pressing the power button your phone will boot into Color OS by wiping phone and bootloader is now unlocked.
    TWRP(Recovery installing): Follow below steps one by one.
    --- Very Imp **** take a complete backup of the phone just after booting into twrp using this guide ****

1. The bootloader of your phone must be unlocked.
    2. Download TWRP and Vbmeta.img file and rename TWRP file to “twrp.img” and copy both files to folder “minimal_adb_fastboot”
    3. Power off the phone then press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button with POWER button for 3 seconds and your phone will be booted into bootloader mode.
    4. Click on file “cmd-here” in folder minimal_adb_fastboot to open the command prompt (CMD)
    5. Follow step 3.b of Unlocking method to check that phone is connected with the PC properly.
    6. In CMD type- “fastboot flash recovery twrp.img” to flash TWRP and wait for the confirmation screen/message.
    7. Now in CMD type- "fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img" to flash vbmeta file.
    8. After flashing vbmeta, follow below final steps.
    a. In phone press volume down button to select “Recovery mode
    b. Press the power button to boot in recovery.
    c. A message “Unmodified System Partition” will appear and uncheck menu “Never Show……..” and Swipe to allow modification.
    d. Make a backup of all partitions to an external sd card.
    e. From twrp reboot to recovery first and then reboot to the system.
    Rooting: Follow below steps one by one.
    --- Very Imp ****TWRP must be installed in your phone otherwise follow the above steps to install TWRP****

1. Make a backup first using TWRP before proceeding to the next steps.
    2. Download the latest Stable Magisk version and Stable Magisk Manager. Link to Magisk+Manager.
    3. (You can skip this step if you are on RUI) Download Magisk fix and Redblink Patch(SystemUI) file.
    4. Copy all 4 (2 files from step 2, if you are on RUI) files downloaded above to either external sd card or internal memory.
    5. Power off the phone then press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button with POWER button for 3 seconds and your phone will be booted into bootloader mode.
    6. Press the volume down button to select “Recovery Mode” and press the power button to boot in recovery.
    7. Now follow below final steps:
    a. In TWRP recovery navigate and Flash Magisk file.
    b. (Skip this step if you are on RUI) Flash Magisk patch file and reboot phone to system.
    c. (Skip this step if you are on RUI) To fix the red blinking issue(rooted warning) in status bar of phone, follow steps 6 and 7 of this guide and flash SystemUI patch file and reboot.
    d. If Magisk manager is missing in the app drawer of your phone(rooted+magisk flashed) then install magisk manager file downloaded in step 3 of rooting method.

Back to Stock, UNBRICK and Fastboot Flash: Follow below steps one by one. INDIAN VARIANT ONLY

1. Follow this guide to flash stock Colour os again on a rooted stock os, any custom rom flashed phone and phone booting to recovery only.
    2. Download fastboot firmware from here. Indian Variant only.
    3. Download platform-tools from here and extract to drive in your PC.
    4. Extract downloaded fastboot firmware zip file and copy all files to platform tool folder.
    5. Download Vbmeta.img file and replace with existing Vbmeta.img in platform folder(where firmware was extracted).
    6. Open CMD by holding Shift key and Right-click on the PC to open command prompt window.
    7. Power off the phone then press and hold the VOLUME DOWN button with POWER button for 3 seconds and your phone will be booted into bootloader mode and Follow step 3.b of Unlocking method to check that phone is connected with the PC properly.
    8. Execute below commands one by one.

fastboot -w && fastboot erase system
    fastboot flash boot boot.img
    fastboot flash system system.img
    fastboot flash vendor vendor.img
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    fastboot reboot

Now your phone is back to stock Color os again. Follow above TWRP and ROOT methods if you wants to root your stock os again.
    All In One Link to all files required above.
    Credits:
    @thesprintster & @BabluS for recovery and vbmeta.
    @topjohnwu for magisk.

:good:Don't forget to Click Thank's, if this guide helps.:good:
    Hi dears.
    Im from Spain too, and I cant Open Bootloader. I have tried a.9 and a.11 version, but both of them appear "model is not supported by in-depth test".
    Im waiting for new Update or help to unlock and delete Color OS.

Thanks for all
    My magisk always stays at core mode only and I can't flash magisk module I have tried turning off the core mode only in settings but won't help pls help how to permanently disable core mode only.

+1

---------- Post added at 05:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:38 PM ----------

Hello, do you need to install the Magisk fix & systemUI patch everytime to install a new rom or it's just for Stock (ColorOS)?

Instructions will be given with the rom

---------- Post added at 05:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:40 PM ----------

I successfully unlocked bootloader but when I try to flash recovery I get this error everytime

Target didn't report max-download-size
    Sending 'recovery' (65536)...
    FAILED (command write failed (No error))
    finished. Total time: 0.003s

I have tried using different usb port, tried changing the name of the file but nothing seems to work

For additional info I bought the phone in India 8gb variant

Any help would be appreciated

Try one click adb and fastboot installer.exe...search and you will find on xda...Try after
    What you're saying is nonsense... It still works but you need to downgrade back to colorOS 6 to be able to apply it. And if you do your homework, there are ways to keep the bootloader unlocked and even have custom recovery and root on realmeUI.

There isn't any way to unlock the bootloader after Android 10 upgrade!! So Far!!
    So that's why I requested to put this useless thread back in the shelf!!

If you have done your homework then please share it with us!! But if it was just to authenticate your argument then keep quiet!