• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] Bring back old Wi-Fi and Mobile Data toggles on Android 12

Search This thread

trzpro

May 18, 2014
İstanbul
photo_2021-09-15_12-28-48.jpg

In this thread I am going to show you how to get rid of the Internet toggle. This enables hidden Wi-Fi and Mobile Data toggles. Unfortunately NFC toggle is removed by Google. Can't enable like this.

1. We have to need activate ADB. If you have a PC use ordinary ADB. ADB here DRIVER here. If you have not a PC, use LADB

2. Enter shell.

Shell on PC
Shell on LADB

3. Type
Code:
settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "wifi,cell,bt,dnd,flashlight,rotation,battery,night,screenrecord,custom(com.google.android.gms/.nearby.sharing.SharingTileService),dark,controls,hotspot,location,airplane,cast,cameratoggle,mictoggle,wallet,alarm,reduce_brightness,internet"

4. Wi-Fi and Mobile Data buttons will be on the first page of Quick Settings. You can change it's order.

DONE!

Please reply if it succeed :)

Last edited:

onesolo

Apr 18, 2006
Nexus 7 (2013)
Google Nexus 5

In this thread I am going to show you how to get rid of the Internet toggle. This enables hidden Wi-Fi and Mobile Data toggles. Unfortunately NFC toggle is removed by Google. Can't enable like this.

1. We have to need activate ADB. If you have a PC use ordinary ADB. ADB here DRIVER here. If you have not a PC, use LADB

2. Enter shell.

3. Type
Code:
settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles "wifi,cell,bt,dnd,flashlight,rotation,battery,night,screenrecord,custom(com.google.android.gms/.nearby.sharing.SharingTileService),dark,controls,hotspot,location,airplane,cast,cameratoggle,mictoggle,wallet,alarm,reduce_brightness,internet"

4. Wi-Fi and Mobile Data buttons will be on the first page of Quick Settings. You can change it's order.

DONE!

can u tell me how to revert this?! It doesn't work ok with tasker. After tasker makes the actions, wifi toogle stays light up (enabled) although it's disabled...

Oct 21, 2021
@trzpro Wanted to let you know that I've just tried this, having upgraded this morning to Android 12's official release (on Pixel 4a 5G) and it's worked perfectly and persists across restarts.

Oct 21, 2021
Someone on Reddit found an ADB command that works after the Nov 5 security patch. (I can confirm it works.)

First run adb shell settings put global settings_provider_model false
followed by adb.exe shell settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles 'wifi,cell,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)'
Needs to be done like this, not running adb shell first and then the commands separately.

Reactions: zpunout and ardonhs

rahul30k

Oct 27, 2018
Google Pixel 4a
Someone on Reddit found an ADB command that works after the Nov 5 security patch. (I can confirm it works.)

followed by adb.exe shell settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles 'wifi,cell,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)'
Needs to be done like this, not running adb shell first and then the commands separately.
It worked , a seperate wifi on/off and a mobile data toggle. Thanks
But is there any way to get mobile data switch toggle? bcoz everytime you need to switch to other mobile data network,first go to setting then to sim and then turn on mobile data. A long process.

brybo86

Sep 4, 2009
I can confirm working via mac slightly different string here
make sure you have USB debugging enabled under developer options

go to your sdk tools directory, such as

cd /Users/XXXXX/Desktop/platform-tools/

then ./adb shell settings put global settings_provider_model false

then ./adb shell settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles 'wifi,cell,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)'

basically removed i removed ".exe" from second string and it worked for me!

pixel 4a5g

Reactions: thuybang

ardonhs

Sep 25, 2016
Greece
Nexus 6
Google Pixel 4a

I confirm it works on Pixel 4a!
Thanks a lot!! 😀

Reactions: darthtenebrosius

Phyne_

Dec 1, 2021
Nope, still works. Literally just did this, got both toggles
Screenshot_20211201-000151[1].png

I can see why they disabled the buttons for this. The mobile data button doesn't update properly after clicking on it.

Last edited:

zpunout

Aug 26, 2015
Samsung Galaxy S5
Moto G5 Plus

Confirmed that this still works on Pixel 4 and Pixel 4a running GrapheneOS

thuybang

Mar 24, 2013
Hanoi

then ./adb shell settings put secure sysui_qs_tiles 'wifi,cell,$(settings get secure sysui_qs_tiles)'

pixel 4a5g
It's worked for me, 4a5G with security update 5 Dec 2021. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    photo_2021-09-15_12-28-48.jpg

2. Enter shell.

Shell on PC
    Shell on LADB

3. Type
    Code:

DONE!

pixel 4a5g

I confirm it works on Pixel 4a!
    Thanks a lot!! 😀