[GUIDE] [CERBERUS] [MAGISK] How to install Cerberus as System app.

Search This thread

FredMontteiro

Dec 18, 2015
Hello friends, I bring good news.

Yes! It is possible to install Cerberus as a system app. (Even if it's rooted with Magisk)

Yes, Cerberus will survive a factory reset. And your device will be traceable after a factory reset.

Obviously the device will not be tracked if the system partition is deleted. Tested only on my Xiaomi Mi A3, Android 9 (Pie).

-

FOLLOW THE STEPS:

1. Download the RS File Manager app (To get root access, you must buy the premium version. Maybe in the future this function does not require purchase.); Alternatively, you can try the procedure with some other root file manager, I don't know if you will succeed;
2. Open the RS File Manager and find the option Root explorer. Tap on it and select Mount R/W;
3. Download the Cerberus app (Disguised version), after all you don't want the Cerberus app to be recognized by others, am I right?)
4. In RS File Manager navigate to the /System/priv-app folder and create a folder called Cerberus;
5. Now just paste the APK you downloaded in the Cerberus folder that you created;
6. Within the Cerberus folder, hold your finger on the APK file, then select more -> properties -> change permissions. Now change the permissions to rwx r-x r-x (I will attach a screenshot to help them - On your device it can be different, in this case just look at the permissions of the other folders in System/Priv-app. Then use the same permissions.);
7. Go to /data/dalvik-cache/ and delete all the content inside the dalvik-cache folder. DO NOT DELETE THE DALVIK-CACHE FOLDER.
8. Reboot your device;

After the device restarts, Cerberus will already be on your list of apps;

Enjoy it!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20201028-034724.png
    Screenshot_20201028-034724.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 428
Last edited:

seanybiker

Feb 15, 2011
Waterford
Ah for ****e sake, well this sucks ass. Follwed instructions perfectly and now I got a bootlop. Looks like Im not going to bed early tonight.

arana1

Oct 27, 2011
Redmi Note 9

Yes! It is possible to install Cerberus as a system app. (Even if it's rooted with Magisk)

Yes, Cerberus will survive a factory reset. And your device will be traceable after a factory reset.

Obviously the device will not be tracked if the system partition is deleted. Tested only on my Xiaomi Mi A3, Android 9 (Pie).

-

FOLLOW THE STEPS:

1. Download the RS File Manager app (To get root access, you must buy the premium version. Maybe in the future this function does not require purchase.); Alternatively, you can try the procedure with some other root file manager, I don't know if you will succeed;
2. Open the RS File Manager and find the option Root explorer. Tap on it and select Mount R/W;
3. Download the Cerberus app (Disguised version), after all you don't want the Cerberus app to be recognized by others, am I right?)
4. In RS File Manager navigate to the /System/priv-app folder and create a folder called Cerberus;
5. Now just paste the APK you downloaded in the Cerberus folder that you created;
6. Within the Cerberus folder, hold your finger on the APK file, then select more -> properties -> change permissions. Now change the permissions to rwx r-x r-x (I will attach a screenshot to help them - On your device it can be different, in this case just look at the permissions of the other folders in System/Priv-app. Then use the same permissions.);
7. Go to /data/dalvik-cache/ and delete all the content inside the dalvik-cache folder. DO NOT DELETE THE DALVIK-CACHE FOLDER.
8. Reboot your device;

Enjoy it!
does this work on android 11 or on devices with dm-verity check ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

-

FOLLOW THE STEPS:

8. Reboot your device;

Enjoy it!