• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] Change your CSC on any Samsung Galaxy devices running Android 10 or older - will also work in Android 11 for builds older than January 2021

Search This thread

Wendigogo

Jun 14, 2010
Lyon
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
I have also confirmed that if you take any of the updates for the s20 note 20 or s21 variants with BL version 2, you will be stuck with whatever csc was assigned at that point without anyway to flash or change it. I'm working with samsung and local techs to find solutions.
I'm really interested if you found something here. My Note20 Ultra is stuck on an operator ROM (flashed June security patch without success). :(

Enjoy!

helen2

May 19, 2014
I tested on my note 20 ultra without doing root (I have still 18 month waranty.Android 11 and multi csc (as I see on my adroid 1 1detalis) Downloaded Phone by Google entered the code but nothing happend.Any other tips?

Pr0metheus2

Aug 5, 2011
Slovakia
I successfully updated the CSC in Android 11 with April patch on a rooted device using this method:
  1. Install X-plore File Manager app or any other root browser from the Play Store
  2. Launch the app, go to Root Explorer
  3. Navigate to /efs/imei/ folder, edit the CSC code in the mps_code.dat file and save the changes
  4. Reboot your device
Great, this procedure works, but only on rooted phone.

Reactions: LordLink

uninnex

Oct 16, 2021
is there any method now, in October 2021 to change CSC?

I have Note 20 ultra 5G, and already tryed almost everything, including:
1. Google phone, obliviously, did nothing after *#*#*27262826#*#*
2. Theme trick: since it works only up to Android 10 (mine 11) did nothing
3. Downgrade to any Android 10 rom: impossible cuz i have 3rd rev of bootloader, every android 10 bootloader is rev1

Please, halp))

Reactions: umesha

uninnex

Oct 16, 2021
is there any method now, in October 2021 to change CSC?

I have Note 20 ultra 5G, and already tryed almost everything, including:
1. Google phone, obliviously, did nothing after *#*#*27262826#*#*
2. Theme trick: since it works only up to Android 10 (mine 11) did nothing
3. Downgrade to any Android 10 rom: impossible cuz i have 3rd rev of bootloader, every android 10 bootloader is rev1

Please, halp))
just installed indonesian (XID) firmware on 11 android with 3rd bootloader. Call recording enabled, knox 0x0, but cant setup a vpn, maybe it cuz region...

Last edited:

uninnex

Oct 16, 2021
What is the meaning of 3rd bootloader?? I have note 20 ultra 5g. I have already updated to October 2021 security patch
9th symbol in build number is bootloader version and it's no way to downrange. Mine is 3rd: N986BXXS3....

Android 10 exists with only 1st version of bootloader, and Since every exploit for changing CSC works up to Android 10, there no way to change CSC, I thought. But, Indonesian (XID) firmware solves the problem, even with October security patch

umesha

Jan 12, 2012
Sri Lanka
9th symbol in build number is bootloader version and it's no way to downrange. Mine is 3rd: N986BXXS3....

Android 10 exists with only 1st version of bootloader, and Since every exploit for changing CSC works up to Android 10, there no way to change CSC, I thought. But, Indonesian (XID) firmware solves the problem, even with October security patch
That means I can install only XID firmware??. But I tried to flash SriLanka(SLK) firmware with same 3rd bootloader, failed to change the csc. Why only XID? My CSC is UAE(XDG). I tried flash SLK. But no CSC changed. Do You think XID will help?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I successfully updated the CSC in Android 11 with April patch on a rooted device using this method:
    1. Install X-plore File Manager app or any other root browser from the Play Store
    2. Launch the app, go to Root Explorer
    3. Navigate to /efs/imei/ folder, edit the CSC code in the mps_code.dat file and save the changes
    4. Reboot your device
    I have also confirmed that if you take any of the updates for the s20 note 20 or s21 variants with BL version 2, you will be stuck with whatever csc was assigned at that point without anyway to flash or change it. I'm working with samsung and local techs to find solutions.
    Hello everyone!

I made this video tutorial regarding changing the CSC on your Samsung Galaxy device. This method will work for Android 10 and older, and Android 11 (builds older than January 2021).
    Credits to:
    https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/free-csc-change-apk-for-s20.4116015/

Steps:
    1. YOUR DATA WILL BE ERASED. So, back up your data.
    2. Install Phone by Google (from the Play Store).
    3. Open Phone by Google.
    4. Dial this code:
    *#*#27262826#*#*
    5. Choose the CSC of your liking and tap on INSTALL.
    6. Wait for your phone to reboot.
    7. Enjoy your new CSC and the features that come with it!

Video tutorial:

Links:
    XDA Thread by farookh:

Phone by Google:

CSCs Cheat Sheet:

How to downgrade your software via Odin:

After updating to the January 2021 build on my Galaxy S20+, I noticed that most USSD codes don't work anymore. Let's hope to find a new solution together!

I hope this post helps you!
    What is benefit from changing CSC?

You'll get updates sooner if you change to a CSC that Samsung releases updates for first, for example if you change to the German CSC (DBT) on an S9.
    What is benefit from changing CSC?
    Also you will gain Call Recording if you changed to THL (Thailand).