[GUIDE][CM9/10/AOKP]How to apply HDPI themes on tab2 (MDPI)

X8invisible

Oct 22, 2011
Internal Storage
Hi there
As you may know there are a lot of themes for cyanogenmod9&10 and for AOKP but many of them are only for HDPI so here is a simple guide on how to apply the on our tab
1a.(only for ics) Download LCD Density Modder and change the dpi to 150
1b.(for jb and ics) Modify manually the density in build.prop(located in system folder) to 150

2.Reboot your tab
3.Now go to themes and apply your hdpi theme(it will say it has missing assets-don't worry just hit"apply anyway";) )
4.Change the density back to 160 and reboot
Done, now you have a HDPI theme on MDPI

Enjoy

donic3000

Dec 26, 2011
error occurs during saving

i tried many times with the lcd denisty app once it reboot after the word galaxy tab 2 10.1 the screen becomes black and never restart and when i tried by the build.prop after i changed to 150 and try to save it said error occurs during saving,can u help me to the right way to set hdpi themes on my mdpi device,
waiting yr reply and help
thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

X8invisible

Oct 22, 2011
Internal Storage
i tried many times with the lcd denisty app once it reboot after the word galaxy tab 2 10.1 the screen becomes black and never restart and when i tried by the build.prop after i changed to 150 and try to save it said error occurs during saving,can u help me to the right way to set hdpi themes on my mdpi device,
waiting yr reply and help
thxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
As I said LCD density app doesn't work all the time( idk why) just change it yourself manually in build.prop

"Searching is like eating: If you don't do it you'll die"©X8invisible

Reactions: bluecarbon

donic3000

Dec 26, 2011
As I said LCD density app doesn't work all the time( idk why) just change it yourself manually in build.prop

"Searching is like eating: If you don't do it you'll die"©X8invisible
i did it manually as i told u but when i tried to save a msg appeared error during save
i use cm10
is there any other ways to use

Mohamedselim

Feb 3, 2012
Giza
i did it manually as i told u but when i tried to save a msg appeared error during save
i use cm10
is there any other ways to use
May be file permissions not read write or you do not use app like root explorer or root browser lite or you do not give a proper root access to them

Try to install supersu (not superuser) from google play and give grant access always to file explorer (one i mentioned previous) by it

Sent from Galaxy S2 or Galaxy Tab2

contrinsan

Jan 23, 2013
I'm so happy i found this guide, now i can finally test all those wonderfull themes on my tablet :cool:
Just a quick question : Can i get in trouble if i leave it at 150 instead of 160 or should i revert it to 160 to stay safe after adding the themes ?

ITuser07

Jun 25, 2010
Hi there
As you may know there are a lot of themes for cyanogenmod9&10 and for AOKP but many of them are only for HDPI so here is a simple guide on how to apply the on our tab
1a.(only for ics) Download LCD Density Modder and change the dpi to 150
1b.(for jb and ics) Modify manually the density in build.prop(located in system folder) to 150

2.Reboot your tab
3.Now go to themes and apply your hdpi theme(it will say it has missing assets-don't worry just hit"apply anyway";) )
4.Change the density back to 160 and reboot
Done, now you have a HDPI theme on MDPI

Enjoy
When I tried this my tab got stock on a black screen at startup. had to use my nandroid backup.

bluecarbon

Jan 9, 2013
I always got stuck in at boot logo when i tried the app, but did not have any problems when editing the build.prop myself.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using xda app-developers app

Beez3807

Mar 27, 2013
Vzw galaxy tab 2 10.1

Will any of this work on samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1 i915 for Verizon I can't find how to root anywhere it seems like the only one that has no root can anyone help

navenedrob

Apr 24, 2009
Kannapolis, NC
Actually you want to use a density of 149 not 150. 149 is what is used in the emulator I believe and if you do the math precisely you will find 149. Anything else is personal preference but it will be the incorrect density for the screen.:good:

Reactions: alee1730