Thank you so much for you advice!
Unfortunately I have not made much progress on the website as it seems there is no update loader for my model, I don't know?
For my model of TV, I had to search about on the Firmware-Archive page and one link I found took me to this webpage -> "https://toengel.net/philipsblog/2013/02/22/philips-2013-alle-informationen-zur-4208er-tv-serie/" and then I searched for the TV's model number on the webpage [cmd+f/ctrl+f --> "22pfl4208t/12"] where it took me to a firmware update page "https://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin...ink_Software&mid=Link_Software&scy=DE&slg=DEU".
The file it provide me hasn't had any effect on the TV when trying to boot from the USB, the TV just continues to restart itself every 5 seconds, but then I dont think it would being that it's only a update firmware file [File ZIP attached].
If anyone could find a Upgrade_Loader for my model - "22pfl4208t/12" if there is one, I'd be super grateful.
Thank you again for your advice!
Hi guys. I’m stuck in the loop with my 43PUS6501 from 2016.
1. It got stuck around 1 year ago, wipedatatool helped, I turned the wifi off and it’s been working great with my Apple TV with Android 8 onboard.
2. I upgraded to the latest firmware, tried out wifi, still causing problems (tv automatically restarting), so switched it off, and everything was fine.
3. One month ago I turned the wifi on, it restarted after a few minutes, and it’s stuck in the loop ever since.
I’m pretty sure wifi is the problem and turning it off forever would solve the issue. But I can’t fix the loop this time.
Things I’ve tried:
1. Wipedatatools and alternatives from different sources. Some got aborted, others worked and were successful. Changed nothing, still in the loop.
2. Installing different versions od software from Toengel’s site via „Update with SD card”. Installations were successful, but the firmware version stayed the same.
3. Upgrade_tool for four different firmwares (two Android 7s, two 8s). All of them successful, firmware version changed, but the loop has not been fixed.
3. Wipdedatatools after changing the software, no changes,
Is there anything left for me to try? I was thinking about downgradig to Android 6 or 5, but I can’t find upgrade_tools for them and it also doesn’t seem like different versions of software change anything. Another thing was to try disconnecting the network card physically inside the tv, but I’m not sure it’s possible and if it would be of any help. Any other ideas?
Thanks from the mountain!
Make sure you: