[GUIDE]Convert Docomo SO-05G to SGP771

Search This thread

GVN.Gallus

Mar 12, 2013
After several attempt, i managed to install SGP771 LTE firmware on my SO-05G Ntt DoCoMo tablet.

First, mine is already unlock simcard from dealer, i dont know the procedure to unlock so dont ask. After install SGP771 fw, its running with no problem, simcard still accepted, LTE work.

I will not go detail on how to use Flashtool, xperifirm or driver install etc, since these things a common for Xperia users.

Here is the stock modified ftf to use with flashtool, its based on Hongkong 32.4.A.1.54:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wvlKuHDhgEZ6HwLwJZe0zpQiJPd7YgAN/view?usp=sharing

Open flashtool, after choose firmware to flash, tick the following option:

WIPE: APP_LOGS, DIAG, USERDATA

EXCLUDE: AMSS_FSG, AMSS_FS_1, AMSS_FS_2, B2B, FOTAKERNEL, MODEM, PARTITION-IMAGE

Then flash like normal.
Goodluck. :fingers-crossed:

Capture.PNGScreenshot_20190406-133241.png

Last edited:

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
Very cool to see somebody do something new with these. The hardware is still superb; it's such a pity that the software was abandoned while it was still so young. I'd love to see Oreo or Pie on these.

akak1

May 25, 2019
Nice trick. I hope it works with my phone too. Which version of flashtool did you use? and did you modify the FTF in any way?

Chronostra

Feb 8, 2020
Hi, first of all, I'm new at XDA, so I really apologise

Recently, I bought a second hand Docomo z4 tablet from my friend. He bought it when he attend his education at japan about 3-4 years-ish ago. The tablet had a signal issue for about 6 months [no signal but the card is detected], so he sold for cheap. It was a nice deal for me [$100 with a cheap bluetooth keyboard], as I need a tablet/laptop for working on my papers asap [mine was stolen] where the problem was a non issue [still have my trusty nokia candybar].

Mostly, it runs fine, great even, but when I open my a bit big research project, it was chugging a bit. My friend said to try root or install linux/lineageos as it has less bloatware and newer android version [to bad I found that lienageos for z4 tablet was dropped :( ]. I was searching far and wide on how to root this tablet, but apparently mine was unable to be rooted [Bootloader unlock allowed: no]. I have tried almost everything like software repair using sony pc companion using my friend's pc but no luck whatsoever.
I am really curious, will flashing this change the bootloader unlock status to yes? or uninstalling the bloatwares? or this is just modifying the model number to show SGP771 instead SO-05g?

Thank you kindly

GVN.Gallus

Mar 12, 2013
Hi, first of all, I'm new at XDA, so I really apologise

Recently, I bought a second hand Docomo z4 tablet from my friend. He bought it when he attend his education at japan about 3-4 years-ish ago. The tablet had a signal issue for about 6 months [no signal but the card is detected], so he sold for cheap. It was a nice deal for me [$100 with a cheap bluetooth keyboard], as I need a tablet/laptop for working on my papers asap [mine was stolen] where the problem was a non issue [still have my trusty nokia candybar].

Mostly, it runs fine, great even, but when I open my a bit big research project, it was chugging a bit. My friend said to try root or install linux/lineageos as it has less bloatware and newer android version [to bad I found that lienageos for z4 tablet was dropped :( ]. I was searching far and wide on how to root this tablet, but apparently mine was unable to be rooted [Bootloader unlock allowed: no]. I have tried almost everything like software repair using sony pc companion using my friend's pc but no luck whatsoever.
I am really curious, will flashing this change the bootloader unlock status to yes? or uninstalling the bloatwares? or this is just modifying the model number to show SGP771 instead SO-05g?

Thank you kindly

No, this rom will not change the bootloader unlock state. But it will transform your device to global version, without Japanese bloatwares.
The rom itself is official SGP771's rom, i'm only modified the flash code to make it flashable on SO-05G.

blue_box

Aug 17, 2010
Need help to convert

Hi, thank you for this rom, It's work well, but I got little problem, do you have a way to convert back from SGP to Docomo, the problem is, since I use this rom, I got ghost touch under the front camera, I think because the tablet become quite warmer, appreciate your help.

Regards,

GVN.Gallus

Mar 12, 2013
Hi, thank you for this rom, It's work well, but I got little problem, do you have a way to convert back from SGP to Docomo, the problem is, since I use this rom, I got ghost touch under the front camera, I think because the tablet become quite warmer, appreciate your help.

Regards,
Search for stock rom and use Flashtool.

vanee911

Oct 14, 2020
help needed following ur steps.

hello ,
firstly thank u for what u have done & then shared it. i m trying to follow ur steps unfortunately from past 3 weeks , i m facing issues , when one is solved , other rises.

so finally here i m , when i flash my sony experia Z4 S0-05G with the tft that u have mentioned , i get bundle error, plz help me how to solve this... (flash tool version 0.9.31.0)

i have watched some tutorials on youtube where they create or copy bundles , now in order to do that , do i have to use xerpifirm ? if yes , then which firmware should i download ,the S0-05G or the SGP771 ?

if in case i have to download the SGP771 firmware to create bundles , there are many firmware's , which one do i download e.g UK , US US customize etc..

i apologize if i m asking wrong questions , all i request is to help me, need bit detail to accomplish what u have done . guide me plz...

any help will be highly appreciated

(Note: sim is unlocked , bootloader is locked, ,is there any tool like miracle thunder which can unlock the bootloader as its status "bootloader unlock allowed NO)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After several attempt, i managed to install SGP771 LTE firmware on my SO-05G Ntt DoCoMo tablet.

First, mine is already unlock simcard from dealer, i dont know the procedure to unlock so dont ask. After install SGP771 fw, its running with no problem, simcard still accepted, LTE work.

I will not go detail on how to use Flashtool, xperifirm or driver install etc, since these things a common for Xperia users.

Here is the stock modified ftf to use with flashtool, its based on Hongkong 32.4.A.1.54:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1wvlKuHDhgEZ6HwLwJZe0zpQiJPd7YgAN/view?usp=sharing

Open flashtool, after choose firmware to flash, tick the following option:

WIPE: APP_LOGS, DIAG, USERDATA

EXCLUDE: AMSS_FSG, AMSS_FS_1, AMSS_FS_2, B2B, FOTAKERNEL, MODEM, PARTITION-IMAGE

Then flash like normal.
    Goodluck. :fingers-crossed:

Capture.PNGScreenshot_20190406-133241.png
    How is it going? Any issues encountered yet?

Using it for a while now, no problem at all, except the device seem a little bit warmer while running heavy games.
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone