Quick question:. How are data speeds compared to the tmobile rom? Is it faster or about the same?*** Use this at your very own risk.
*** You will lose all data
*** Backup your working modem and persist, just in case
*** Read the entire post and follow the steps closely before asking for help. Post all error messages and steps you took. Screenshots and MSM logs will be best.
It's finally here! A MSM tool that will convert your T-Mobile OnePlus8T+5G to EU KB05BA. From here you can local upgrade to any OOS flavor you want. This gives you Local Upgrade option, faster upgrades, open betas, dual SIM, and more! In fact, after conversion, you can unlock the bootloader without the unlock token (still need to be SIM unlocked, but in case you don't want to wait for the unlock token or if OnePlus's website is broken)!
If you are still SIM locked, you lose the Unlock app for when your device becomes unlocked, it's only available in the stock TMO ROM. Furthermore, if you are still SIM locked, you cannot unlock the bootloader, as the "OEM Unlocking" toggle in dev settings will still be greyed out. If you want to go back to TMO ROM at any point, flash back with the TMO MSM: https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...l-to-restore-your-device-to-oxygenos.4180981/
If you run into any MSM tool issues, most likely you have a driver problem. See the FAQ in @Some_Random_Username's post
- Download the MSM Conversion package:
- Run MsmDownloadTool V4.0.exe (Windows 7 users may need to run the win7 version included)
- Select User type: "Other" and press Next.
- Press "Start". Don't mess with the default settings.
- Put your phone in EDL mode.or completely turn off your device, hold vol up + vol down and plug in the cable.Code:
adb reboot edl
- Wait about 5 minutes while it works.
- Done! If you keep the bootloader locked and run it stock, the About Phone page will be missing some fields.
Old fastboot method
*** Know how to use the MSMTool, Don't start before figuring it out.
*** DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE STEPS DESCRIBED IN THIS GUIDE
* The steps in this guide will convert your TMO KB2007/KB05CB to Global 126.96.36.199.KB05AA, or EU 188.8.131.52.KB05BA
* NR and LTE bands are flashed in nvRAM, not in modem.img or any other partition. You cannot get global bands by flashing a global ROM, nor can you lose TMO bands by flashing another ROM.
* Instructions are the same as running any other MSM unbrick tool.
* You can use this guide to convert to your own variant by extracting payload and flashing from a full OTA. See manual instructions towards the end.
* Use the latest platform tools: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools, https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/tool-adb-fastboot-installer-tool-windows-t3999445. DO NOT USE MINIMAL ADB, it has not been updated for years and will cause a crash where you'll need to MSM back to stock.
* Make sure your drivers are up to date. This guide will not walk you through setting up platform tools or updating drivers. When encountering fastboot issues, make sure to include the output of fastboot --version in your post.
* Do not ask for OTAs, MSMs, or anything else not related to the steps described herein. There are plenty of threads around for those.
* This guide does not pertain to Cyberpunk conversion. See other threads.
* This guide converts you to an older firmware so you can take a FULL OTA via Oxygen Updater. Do not skip this step if you want a stable build.
Steps to convert your device to Global or EU
As simple as possible:
- You need your device bootloader and SIM unlocked. Follow the instructions here (It says 6T, but applies to all OP devices): https://support.oneplus.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/588/~/how-to-unlock-bootloader-for-oneplus-6t-(t-mobile-edition)
- Download and unzip the conversion package:
- Boot to fastbootd.
- From adb:
adb reboot fastboot
- From fastboot/bootloader:
fastboot reboot fastboot
- If you are having trouble booting into fastbootd, and have a FC number at the bottom of the bootloader screen, you'll need to MSM to factory first.
- [*]You should be at a screen that says "fastbootd" on top. DO NOT CONTINUE IF YOU ARE NOT HERE. SEE HIDDEN FOR AN EXAMPLE.
- Execute "flash_all.bat" for Windows, or "flash_all.sh" for Linux, from the unzipped directory from step 2 as cwd.
- Optional: Flash magisk'd bootCode:
fastboot flash boot boot_magisk_patched.img
- Reboot into recovery, and wipe everything.
- Once fully booted, download Oxygen Updater, set your device to OnePlus 8T of your regional choice and local upgrade to the latest OTA of your regional choice.
- Optional: You can re-lock your bootloader at thois point. DO NOT TRY before the full OTA upgrade above, or you'll have to MSM.
- Unlock bootloader
- Download the full OTA of your choosing
- Extract the OTA payload with https://github.com/vm03/payload_dumper or https://androidfilehost.com/?fid=818070582850510260
- With the output of the payload as your cwd, execute:
fastboot flash product product.img fastboot flash abl abl.img fastboot flash aop aop.img fastboot flash bluetooth bluetooth.img fastboot flash boot boot.img fastboot flash cmnlib cmnlib.img fastboot flash cmnlib64 cmnlib64.img fastboot flash devcfg devcfg.img fastboot flash dsp dsp.img fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img fastboot flash featenabler featenabler.img fastboot flash hyp hyp.img fastboot flash imagefv imagefv.img fastboot flash keymaster keymaster.img fastboot flash logo logo.img fastboot flash mdm_oem_stanvbk mdm_oem_stanvbk.img fastboot flash modem modem.img fastboot flash multiimgoem multiimgoem.img fastboot flash odm odm.img fastboot flash qupfw qupfw.img fastboot flash recovery recovery.img fastboot flash spunvm spunvm.img fastboot flash storsec storsec.img fastboot flash system system.img fastboot flash system_ext system_ext.img fastboot flash tz tz.img fastboot flash uefisecapp uefisecapp.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta vbmeta.img fastboot --disable-verity flash vbmeta_system vbmeta_system.img fastboot flash vendor vendor.img fastboot flash xbl xbl.img fastboot flash xbl_config xbl_config.img
- Replace boot.img with your magisk'd boot if desired
- Reboot to recovery and wipe everything
- Error: "remote: no such file or directory"
You are not in the correct cwd. Fastboot needs to be accessible from the same directory as the .img files, so fix your PATH or make a copy fastboot.exe in the same directory as the .img files
- Error: "remote: Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions"
You are not in fastbootd. Check step 4.
- Error: "Invalid sparse file format at header magic"
Ignore this message, not an error
Special thanks to:
@jwarrior319 for the initial linux script
@cammykool and @awr128 for helping debug some of the steps and clarifying pain points
@radiohead7778580 for a better Global conversion
Fixing the About Phone page
These steps are optional, and will fix the "About Phone" page. There are no performance differences.
- You need to rooted with Magisk
- Download the fix: here
- In the Modules page in MagiskManager, Install the downloaded zip file via "Install from storage"
- Reboot, the About Phone page is filled out.
Issues so far (please post if you run into more):
What appears to work:
- Dual SIM
- Fingerprint sensor
- Wildvine L1
- Local Upgrade
- About screen, if steps are followed above