*** Use this at your very own risk.
*** You will lose all data
*** Backup your working modem and persist, just in case
*** Read the entire post and follow the steps closely before asking for help. Post all error messages and steps you took. Screenshots and MSM logs will be best.
!!! I have officially retired my 8T, and can no longer provide additional support on this device !!!
It's finally here! A MSM tool that will convert your T-Mobile OnePlus8T+5G to EU KB05BA. From here you can local upgrade to any OOS flavor you want. This gives you Local Upgrade option, faster upgrades, open betas, dual SIM, and more! In fact, after conversion, you can unlock the bootloader without the unlock token (still need to be SIM unlocked, but in case you don't want to wait for the unlock token or if OnePlus's website is broken)!
*** Know how to use the MSMTool, Don't start before figuring it out.
*** DO NOT ATTEMPT THIS IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THE STEPS DESCRIBED IN THIS GUIDE
* The steps in this guide will convert your TMO KB2007/KB05CB to Global 188.8.131.52.KB05AA, or EU 184.108.40.206.KB05BA
* NR and LTE bands are flashed in nvRAM, not in modem.img or any other partition. You cannot get global bands by flashing a global ROM, nor can you lose TMO bands by flashing another ROM.
* Instructions are the same as running any other MSM unbrick tool.
* You can use this guide to convert to your own variant by extracting payload and flashing from a full OTA. See manual instructions towards the end.
* Use the latest platform tools: https://developer.android.com/studio/releases/platform-tools, https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/general/tool-adb-fastboot-installer-tool-windows-t3999445. DO NOT USE MINIMAL ADB, it has not been updated for years and will cause a crash where you'll need to MSM back to stock.
* Make sure your drivers are up to date. This guide will not walk you through setting up platform tools or updating drivers. When encountering fastboot issues, make sure to include the output of fastboot --version in your post.
* Do not ask for OTAs, MSMs, or anything else not related to the steps described herein. There are plenty of threads around for those.
* This guide does not pertain to Cyberpunk conversion. See other threads.
* This guide converts you to an older firmware so you can take a FULL OTA via Oxygen Updater. Do not skip this step if you want a stable build.
Steps to convert your device to Global or EU
As simple as possible:
Replace boot.img with your magisk'd boot if desired
Reboot to recovery and wipe everything
Error: "remote: no such file or directory"
You are not in the correct cwd. Fastboot needs to be accessible from the same directory as the .img files, so fix your PATH or make a copy fastboot.exe in the same directory as the .img files
Error: "remote: Flashing is not allowed for Critical Partitions"
You are not in fastbootd. Check step 4.
Error: "Invalid sparse file format at header magic"
Ignore this message, not an error
I'm glad that the global version is working for everybody!!! For my next trick I'll be trying to mod the MSM Tool for a straight conversation without the need to unlock, stay tuned. I'm going to be needing testers let me know if you're interested.
You only get 1 IMEI but it's been working. I've been dailying dual SIM since conversion so long ago. However, I use Mint (T-Mobile MVNO) and T-Mobile postpaid, so that could explain why it works flawlessly.
I just put in an ATT SIM card side-by-side with TMo and both works.