[Guide] Convert to Global [WIP]

VRtualVortex

Dec 25, 2020
I'm having problems. I follow the exact instructions.

MSM, unlock bootloader, and then flash-all.

It works fine for about 50 seconds, until the phone reboots into fastbootd.

My CMD prompt stays on "<waiting for device...>", even though i am in fastbootd. All that's on the screen is 3 languages, and "fastbootd" at the top. What should I be doing?

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
Man.... I give up... tried a couple times and it either gives me crash dump error or not allowed because of critical partition. I have an IN2017 Tmobile phone btw.
Critical partions must be flashed in fastbootd or edl. Fastboot reboot fastboot gets you there. Or from adb ,adb reboot edl

Jan 2, 2021
I'm having trouble with my OnePlus 8 T-Mobile phone I'm trying to change it to the global firmware but it isn't working like after i run the flash all bat file and let it do it's thing it goes to recovery mode waiting for and any devices as soon as i press reboot to fastboot the commands fail as in it tries then quits and i doing something wrong

satva49721

Aug 31, 2011
Can someone help me? I am on a Tmobile device. I want to flash to global firmware, and lose things like the tmobile boot screen. I did it before, (then subsequently switched to latest paranoid android rom) I just dont remember how., or what I did. it seems I did what im doing now and just didnt get the crashdump mode. Everytime i flash global firmware with the flash-all.bat file, i get qualcoomm crashdump mode and it gets tiring having to unbrick. After flashing, it seems i lose access to everything and the only thing i can do is use the unbrick tool... id like to be back on global...

thanks

EDIT: NEVERMIND , I GOT IT. used msm to get on 10.5.7 then flashed to 10.5.9 ... now back to 11.

THANK YOU

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2021
Can someone help me? I am on a Tmobile device. I want to flash to global firmware, and lose things like the tmobile boot screen. I did it before, (then subsequently switched to latest paranoid android rom) I just dont remember how., or what I did. it seems I did what im doing now and just didnt get the crashdump mode. Everytime i flash global firmware with the flash-all.bat file, i get qualcoomm crashdump mode and it gets tiring having to unbrick. After flashing, it seems i lose access to everything and the only thing i can do is use the unbrick tool... id like to be back on global...

thanks

EDIT: NEVERMIND , I GOT IT. used msm to get on 10.5.7 then flashed to 10.5.9 ... now back to 11.

THANK YOU
When you ran the flash all bat file for 10.5.7 then the phone goes into recovery mode what do you do because nothing happens when I do it it stays in recovery mode it would be really nice if you could answer that

Jan 2, 2021
After the flash all.bat kicks it to edl it flashes the remaining partions then is done. You wipe date/ factory reset then reboot.
that didn't work it went to the T-Mobile boot logo is it possible you can upload a video on what you did? the only video on youtube doesn't really show a good example i don't know

arielaffy

Jan 1, 2021
Dominican Republic
No one has made a video explaining well with the required files? with everything I read here I even got lost. I have the unlock token and the phone unlocked. And that every time you update you have to install the modem again?

xxBrun0xx

Jan 1, 2012
CT
No one has made a video explaining well with the required files? with everything I read here I even got lost. I have the unlock token and the phone unlocked. And that every time you update you have to install the modem again?
No, you don't need to install the modem, the international modem works just fine. Once your device is sim unlocked AND bootloader unlocked: use MSM to flash back to 10.5.7, unlock bootloader again, flash Twrp, back up Persist.img and modem.img. Transfer those files to your computer. Then update to 10.5.9 via OTA, then you're good to convert through fastboot. I backed up persist.img and modem.img, but never ended up needing either. That being said, take the extra 20 minutes and back them up before you convert. Might end up saving your phone a trip to China!

garypix

Apr 1, 2010
Los Angeles
No, you don't need to install the modem, the international modem works just fine. Once your device is sim unlocked AND bootloader unlocked: use MSM to flash back to 10.5.7, unlock bootloader again, flash Twrp, back up Persist.img and modem.img. Transfer those files to your computer. Then update to 10.5.9 via OTA, then you're good to convert through fastboot. I backed up persist.img and modem.img, but never ended up needing either. That being said, take the extra 20 minutes and back them up before you convert. Might end up saving your phone a trip to China!
Did you register your fingerprint before MSM?

arielaffy

Jan 1, 2021
Dominican Republic
Now I have the same problem as some, that when the global installation starts and the phone restarts for the recovery mode, it does not happen from there the program keeps saying waiting for device. It does nothing more from there