Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
CONVERTING BOOTANIMATION.ZIP TO .QMG FILE FOR STOCK ROM'S:laugh:
HELLO EVERYONE:highfive:
Requirements :
1) Windows OS :p:p
2) Image Resizer (To change the resolution of the images)
3) Image Editing Software ( Your wish:p)
4) 7Zip
5) Samsung Theme Designer

THIS GUIDE IS THE PART OF [GUIDE] How To Make Custom Bootanimation
What is .QMG files?;):D
These files are done by using Samsung Theme Creater Officially. Its there own way of making animation which ends with making files having .qmg extension. Shocking is Samsung Theme Designer cannot open QMG files:p, it can only create them :eek:
What Does it Contain?:p:laugh:
It has 2 files
1) Bootsamsung.qmg
2) Bootsamsungloop.qmg

These 2 files are always together has in general they are together bootanimation.zip.
What Does Each File Do?:D:D
1) Bootsamsung.qmg
It contains the files needed for boot. These files are not repeatable.
Ex : From bootanimation.zip if there are 2 folders part0 and part1 then part0 is the folder used to make bootsamsung.qmg
2) Bootsamsungloop.qmg
It contains the files for loop execution. These files are repeatable. Its similar to desc.txt file instruction.
Ex : From bootanimation.zip if there are 2 folders part0 and part1 then part1 is your loop and this folder is used to create Bootsamsungloop.qmg.Remember when we made bootanimation .zip we had put no of loops=0

How To Convert Bootanimation.zip To .QMG files
IMP : HERE I CONSIDER THAT THE BOOTANIMATION.ZIP CONTAINS PART0 AND PART1 FOLDER.
MAKING BOOTSAMSUNG.QMG;):laugh:
1) Open Samsung Theme Designer Software.
S1_zpsdec299ab.jpg

2) Click create new theme, use type "feature(NonTouch) phone", then "select model" and use any model.
3) Select Default and Name your theme.
S2_zpsb1d9d7ac.jpg

4) Choose "Idle Component" then "Idle Background" and change "Background Type" to "animated".
S2_zpsb1d9d7ac.jpg

S4_zps4e0256bd.jpg

5) Enter No of Frames and hit enter that is nothing but no of pics in part0 folder.
S5_zps142260a5.jpg

S6_zps6d5ca293.jpg

6) Enter delay (This is bit tricky) here its in ms (milli seconds not FPS) to convert that follow this 1000 / (framerate) = (time given in ms)
for example:
1000 / 20fps = 50ms
or
1000 / 25fps = 40ms
S8_zpsf543f1f6.jpg

7) Under Repeat option select FALSE for bootsamsung.qmg and TRUE for bootsamsungloop.qmg.
S8_zpsf543f1f6.jpg

8) Drag your image files sequence from your folder(here its part0 folder) to the empty squares in the bottom of the theme designer.
S8_zpsf543f1f6.jpg

9) Now export your theme and accept the Samsung terms & conditions and wait for your .STM file theme to be created.
s23_zpsdee1efd2.jpg

S10_zps2e412e4b.jpg

10) Once its done click yes to open the saved folder there Rename the .STM file to .ZIP file and open it.
S11_zpsdb54af9e.jpg

S12_zpse2da5c3e.jpg

11) After opening zip file drag "IdleBgAnimObj.qmg" to anywere u wish preferably to desktop.
S14_zpsd1ffcc1d.jpg

S15_zps2ff4a280.jpg

12) Rename the "IdleBgAnimObj.qmg" has bootsamsung.qmg
S17_zpsf045951b.jpg

s18_zps493e3e89.jpg

13) Now your boot file is Read but wait still loop is not done for that follow the below steps.

Creating Loop File :
2) Click create new theme, use type "feature(NonTouch) phone", then "select model" and use same model has above.
4) Choose "Idle Component" then "Idle Background" and change "Background Type" to "animated".
5) Enter No of Frames that is nothing but no of pics in part1 folder.
s19_zpsb5c86ca7.jpg

6) Enter delay (This is bit tricky:rolleyes::D) here its in ms (milli seconds not FPS) to convert that follow this
1000 / (framerate) = (time given in ms)
for example:
1000 / 20fps = 50ms
or
1000 / 25fps = 40ms
7) Under Repeat option select TRUE for bootsamsungloop.qmg.
s22_zps836b1148.jpg

8) Drag your image files sequence from your folder(here its part1 folder) to the empty squares in the bottom of the theme designer.
s22_zps836b1148.jpg

9) Now export your theme and accept the Samsung terms & conditions and wait for your .STM file theme to be created.
10) Once its done click yes to open the saved folder there Rename the .STM file to .ZIP file and open it.
11) After opening zip file drag "IdleBgAnimObj.qmg" to anywere you wish preferably to desktop.
12) Rename the "IdleBgAnimObj.qmg" has bootsamsungloop.qmg
s26_zpsde71db75.jpg

13) Copy the both files and keep them together.

YOU HAVE SUCCESSFULLY DONE THE .QMG FOR STOCK ROM'S;):D:D
:cool::cool:PLZ PRESS THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU:laugh::laugh:

Last edited:

jackeagle

Sr. Mod + Mod / Dev Committee / Rec. Dev / Dev Rel
Staff member
Apr 11, 2013
XDA
Remix OS
Elocity A7
Yup u r right ... Always in bootsamsungloop.qmg u have to use the PNG of the folder were loop is 0 in desc.text file of u r boot animation.zip...:D:thumbup:

Sent from my GT-I9082 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Trach

Jul 7, 2014
Awesome guide.Simple with pictures made it very easy for me to create bootanimation.Thanks a lot @jackeagle

Sent from Planet Phaser

Stephen88

Dec 28, 2008
just select all and then move them to the place in STD where the frames are shown . Or If u can't do it . send me the bootanimation . I will do it 4 u .

Don't forget to press the thanks button If I helped you !!!!!

Sent from my GT-P5210 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

thanks, I need this boot animation for Galaxy S4, but with Samsung theme designer I can't add more of 255 images on a single animation.
I hope you can create a normal boot animation without loop if possible
here the link -> https://mega.co.nz/#!dgxwXCBB!if8kvMKh3gWMWfaD4w9Y4JYGWt_UtyNg2qJfMLw-UT8

Aeyan Ashraf

Jan 14, 2014
★◢↿ALIGARH↾◣★
thanks, I need this boot animation for Galaxy S4, but with Samsung theme designer I can't add more of 255 images on a single animation.
I hope you can create a normal boot animation without loop if possible
here the link -> https://mega.co.nz/#!dgxwXCBB!if8kvMKh3gWMWfaD4w9Y4JYGWt_UtyNg2qJfMLw-UT8

Hello . I just want to tell u that it's not possible to create a bootanimation without loop bcoz it will make ur phone go to bootloop . You will get soft bricked without bootsamsungloop.qmg .

Stephen88

Dec 28, 2008
Hello . I just want to tell u that it's not possible to create a bootanimation without loop bcoz it will make ur phone go to bootloop . You will get soft bricked without bootsamsungloop.qmg .

ok so the solution is only one, my boot animation have 498 image, if you can create bootsamsung.qmg with 497 images and bootsamsungloop.qmg with only one last image in loop, can you do this?

Aeyan Ashraf

Jan 14, 2014
★◢↿ALIGARH↾◣★
ok so the solution is only one, my boot animation have 498 image, if you can create bootsamsung.qmg with 497 images and bootsamsungloop.qmg with only one last image in loop, can you do this?

Why did you have such a long bootanimation . A short one would be more good . But I will try my best to do it .

Stephen88

Dec 28, 2008
Why did you have such a long bootanimation . A short one would be more good . But I will try my best to do it .

it's long yes but very nice. can you also set frame speed of 30fps? I think the value on samsung theme designer it's 33 (1000/30=33,3333 etc.)

freecore.mc

Jul 4, 2014
download broken

hi the download for samsung theme designer is broken
at least it doesnt work for me...
can some1 upload it or tell me a alternative???

RychFlow16

May 9, 2016
how to change boot time?

[/B][/B]
Requirements :
4) 7Zip

These files are done by using Samsung Theme Creater Officially. Its there own way of making animation which ends with making files having .qmg extension. Shocking is Samsung Theme Designer cannot open QMG files:p, it can only create them :eek:
It has 2 files
1) Bootsamsung.qmg
2) Bootsamsungloop.qmg

These 2 files are always together has in general they are together bootanimation.zip.
1) Bootsamsung.qmg
Ex : From bootanimation.zip if there are 2 folders part0 and part1 then part0 is the folder used to make bootsamsung.qmg
2) Bootsamsungloop.qmg
It contains the files for loop execution. These files are repeatable. Its similar to desc.txt file instruction.
Ex : From bootanimation.zip if there are 2 folders part0 and part1 then part1 is your loop and this folder is used to create Bootsamsungloop.qmg.Remember when we made bootanimation .zip we had put no of loops=0

IMP : HERE I CONSIDER THAT THE BOOTANIMATION.ZIP CONTAINS PART0 AND PART1 FOLDER.
S1_zpsdec299ab.jpg

2) Click create new theme, use type "feature(NonTouch) phone", then "select model" and use any model.
S2_zpsb1d9d7ac.jpg

S2_zpsb1d9d7ac.jpg

S4_zps4e0256bd.jpg

5) Enter No of Frames and hit enter that is nothing but no of pics in part0 folder.
S5_zps142260a5.jpg

S6_zps6d5ca293.jpg

6) Enter delay (This is bit tricky) here its in ms (milli seconds not FPS) to convert that follow this 1000 / (framerate) = (time given in ms)
for example:
1000 / 20fps = 50ms
or
1000 / 25fps = 40ms
S8_zpsf543f1f6.jpg

7) Under Repeat option select FALSE for bootsamsung.qmg and TRUE for bootsamsungloop.qmg.
S8_zpsf543f1f6.jpg

8) Drag your image files sequence from your folder(here its part0 folder) to the empty squares in the bottom of the theme designer.
S8_zpsf543f1f6.jpg

s23_zpsdee1efd2.jpg

S10_zps2e412e4b.jpg

S11_zpsdb54af9e.jpg

S12_zpse2da5c3e.jpg

11) After opening zip file drag "IdleBgAnimObj.qmg" to anywere u wish preferably to desktop.
S14_zpsd1ffcc1d.jpg

S15_zps2ff4a280.jpg

S17_zpsf045951b.jpg

s18_zps493e3e89.jpg

13) Now your boot file is Read but wait still loop is not done for that follow the below steps.

Creating Loop File :
2) Click create new theme, use type "feature(NonTouch) phone", then "select model" and use same model has above.
s19_zpsb5c86ca7.jpg

6) Enter delay (This is bit tricky:rolleyes::D) here its in ms (milli seconds not FPS) to convert that follow this
for example:
1000 / 20fps = 50ms
or
1000 / 25fps = 40ms
s22_zps836b1148.jpg

8) Drag your image files sequence from your folder(here its part1 folder) to the empty squares in the bottom of the theme designer.
s22_zps836b1148.jpg

11) After opening zip file drag "IdleBgAnimObj.qmg" to anywere you wish preferably to desktop.
s26_zpsde71db75.jpg

how to change boot time?

Ray_Rzior

Feb 6, 2017
I've got this dude but sth goes wrong,I created mine and do as you told, however,it didn't show anything,Will resolution caused some problem?My phone is just prime,g6100 1920*1080:confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Requirements :
    4) 7Zip

It has 2 files
    1) Bootsamsung.qmg
    2) Bootsamsungloop.qmg

1) Bootsamsung.qmg
    2) Bootsamsungloop.qmg

S1_zpsdec299ab.jpg

S2_zpsb1d9d7ac.jpg

S2_zpsb1d9d7ac.jpg

S4_zps4e0256bd.jpg

S5_zps142260a5.jpg

S6_zps6d5ca293.jpg

for example:
    1000 / 20fps = 50ms
    or
    1000 / 25fps = 40ms
    S8_zpsf543f1f6.jpg

S8_zpsf543f1f6.jpg

S8_zpsf543f1f6.jpg

s23_zpsdee1efd2.jpg

S10_zps2e412e4b.jpg

S11_zpsdb54af9e.jpg

S12_zpse2da5c3e.jpg

S14_zpsd1ffcc1d.jpg

S15_zps2ff4a280.jpg

S17_zpsf045951b.jpg

s18_zps493e3e89.jpg

Creating Loop File :
    s19_zpsb5c86ca7.jpg

for example:
    1000 / 20fps = 50ms
    or
    1000 / 25fps = 40ms
    s22_zps836b1148.jpg

s22_zps836b1148.jpg

s26_zpsde71db75.jpg

Yup u r right ... Always in bootsamsungloop.qmg u have to use the PNG of the folder were loop is 0 in desc.text file of u r boot animation.zip...:D:thumbup:

just select all and then move them to the place in STD where the frames are shown . Or If u can't do it . send me the bootanimation . I will do it 4 u .

Don't forget to press the thanks button If I helped you !!!!!