[Guide] Create CSC features controller tab in settings menu

Search This thread

majdinj

Nov 25, 2006
AlAhsa
Hi guys,,
Today's tutorial will make us able to create new tab in settings menu by which we could control our ROM CSC features by toggles..

86m3.png
pb5u.png
qah7.png

This tutorial will be divided into 2 main sections:
Section #1: Creating new tab in settings menu (ROM CSC features controller)
Section #2: Creating toggle listener in apk that contains the csc feature that we want to control

So let's start.. :eek:

<< Section #1: Creating new tab in settings menu (ROM CSC features controller) >>​

First download the resources from attachment bellow.

- Decompile SecSettings.apk
- Navigate to res\xml folder and open settings_headers.xml and add this line wherever you want the new tab to appear in your settings menu later on:
Code:
<header android:icon="@drawable/ic_csc_controller" android:id="@id/csc_control" android:title="@string/csc_features_controller" android:fragment="com.android.settings.romhack.CscSettings" />
- Still in the same res\xml folder, paste csc_settings.xml there from resources file.
- Navigate to res\drawable-xhdpi folder and paste ic_csc_controller.png from resource file there.
- Navigate to res\values folder and open ids.xml file and add this line at the end:
Code:
<item type="id" name="csc_control">false</item>
- Navigate to res\values folder and open strings.xml and add these lines:
Code:
	<string name="csc_features_controller">ROM CSC features controller</string>
	<string name="how_csc_use">Tip:</string>
	<string name="how_csc_use_summary">After you made your choices, you may need to restart your device in order to load some csc features changes</string>
	<string name="glory_twlauncher">GloryROM TW Launcher CSC Features</string>
	<string name="twlauncher_tilt">Transition tilt effect</string>
	<string name="twlauncher_page_rotation">Home screens looping</string>
	<string name="twlauncher_edit_mode">Home screen edit menu</string>	
	<string name="glory_twcontacts">GloryROM TW Contacts CSC Features</string>
	<string name="twcontacts_photo">Contacts photos</string>
	<string name="twcontacts_contacts_call_btn">Contacts list call buttons</string>
	<string name="twcontacts_logs_call_btn">Logs list call buttons</string>
	<string name="glory_twbrowser">GloryROM TW Browser CSC Features</string>
	<string name="twbrowser_exit_option">Exit browser option</string>
	<string name="twbrowser_exit_prompt">Exit prompt</string>
	<string name="twbrowser_home_menu">Home page option</string>
	<string name="glory_twsettings">GloryROM TW Settings CSC Features</string>
	<string name="twsettings_call_msg_blk">Call/message block menu</string>
	<string name="twsettings_data_reset_password">Factory data reset password</string>
	<string name="twsettings_update_menu">Software update menu</string>
	<string name="csc_off">Disabled</string>
	<string name="csc_on">Enabled</string>
- Now you need to compile SecSettings.apk to create new ids in public.xml file..
- Now decompile the new SecSettings.apk, and go to res\values folder and open public.xml and locate this line:
Code:
    <public type="xml" name="csc_settings" id="[B][COLOR="Red"]0x7f07008e[/COLOR][/B]" />
Remember that id, we will use it later.
- Now go to smali\com\android\settings folder and paste the folder romhack there from resource file.
- Now open the new folder romhack, and open CscSettings.smali
- Search for the method ".method public onCreate(Landroid/os/Bundle;)V" and change the id here to the one in public.xml before:
Code:
const v1, [B][COLOR="Red"]0x7f07008e[/COLOR][/B]

That's all for SecSettings.apk, compile and push to your phone and test it.. You should have extra tab with several check boxes inside but still not functioned yet..

Now we need to add check box listeners for each csc feature in different apks...

N.B:
I have put several comments on CscSettings.smali, so you could extend your csc list in future just by following the comments in the smali and add new values in csc_settings.xml and strings.xml

Attachments

• SecSettings_resources.rar
    13.5 KB · Views: 1,038

majdinj

Nov 25, 2006
AlAhsa
<< Section #2: Creating toggle listener in apk that contains the csc feature that we want to control >>​

Here, we will add check box listeners for each csc feature in different apks

Ok, let's start :victory:

★ TW Launcher ★

- Baksmali SecLauncher2.apk
- Navigate to classout\com\android\launcher2 folder and open Launcher.smali
- Search for "CscFeature_Launcher_HomeScreenEditMode" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
Code:
    .line 299
    .end local v0    # "IsProvisioned":Z
    :cond_95
    :goto_95
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/launcher2/Launcher;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v9

const-string v10, "edit_mode"

invoke-static {v9, v10, v13}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v9

if-eqz v9, :cond_a3[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

invoke-static {}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getInstance()Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;

move-result-object v9

const-string v10, "CscFeature_Launcher_HomeScreenEditMode"

invoke-virtual {v9, v10}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v9

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/4 v9, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v9, :cond_a3[/COLOR][/B]
- Search for "CscFeature_Launcher_DisableTiltEffect" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
Code:
    .line 302
    :cond_a3	
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/launcher2/Launcher;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v9

const-string v10, "tilt_effect"

invoke-static {v9, v10, v13}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v9

if-nez v9, :cond_b1[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

invoke-static {}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getInstance()Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;

move-result-object v9

const-string v10, "CscFeature_Launcher_DisableTiltEffect"

invoke-virtual {v9, v10}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v9

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v9, :cond_b1[/COLOR][/B]
Make sure of v13 is reflecting consta/4 vx, 0x0 flag if you scrolled up at the beginning of the same method which includes this csc feature... see here to understand:
Code:
.method protected onCreate(Landroid/os/Bundle;)V
    .registers 16
    .param p1, "savedInstanceState"    # Landroid/os/Bundle;

.prologue
    [B][COLOR="Red"]const/4 v13, 0x0[/COLOR][/B]

const/4 v12, 0x1
- Save changes.
- Navigate to classout\com\android\launcher2 folder and open PagedView.smali
- Search for method ".method private isLoopingDisabledInCSC()Z" and change the whole method to:
Code:
[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"].method private isLoopingDisabledInCSC()Z
    .registers 5

const/4 v0, 0x0

const/4 v1, 0x1

invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/launcher2/PagedView;->getContext()Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v2

invoke-virtual {v2}, Landroid/content/Context;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v2

const-string v3, "page_rotation"

invoke-static {v2, v3, v0}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v2

if-eqz v2, :cond_majdinj

move-result-object v1

const-string v2, "CscFeature_Launcher_DisablePageRotation"

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v0

return v0

:cond_majdinj
    return v1
.end method[/COLOR][/B]
- Save changes.. and compile

★ TW Contacts ★

- Baksmali SecContacts.apk
- Navigate to classout\com\android\contacts\list folder and open ContactEntryListAdapter.smali
- Search for ""CscFeature_Contact_DisableContactPhoto"" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
Code:
.method protected bindQuickContact(Lcom/android/contacts/list/ContactListItemView;ILandroid/database/Cursor;III)V
    .registers 14
    .param p1, "view"    # Lcom/android/contacts/list/ContactListItemView;
    .param p2, "partitionIndex"    # I
    .param p3, "cursor"    # Landroid/database/Cursor;
    .param p4, "photoIdColumn"    # I
    .param p5, "contactIdColumn"    # I
    .param p6, "lookUpKeyColumn"    # I

.prologue
    .line 764
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/contacts/list/ContactEntryListAdapter;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-virtual {v0}, Landroid/content/Context;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v0

const-string v1, "contacts_list_photo"

const/4 v2, 0x0

invoke-static {v0, v1, v2}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v0

if-nez v0, :cond_10[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v0

const-string v4, "CscFeature_Contact_DisableContactPhoto"

invoke-virtual {v0, v4}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v0

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/4 v0, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v0, :cond_10[/COLOR][/B]
- Save changes.
- Navigate to classout\com\android\contacts\list folder and open DefaultContactListAdapter.smali
- Search for ""CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList"" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
Code:
    .line 455
    :goto_8b
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]iget-object v2, p0, Lcom/android/contacts/list/DefaultContactListAdapter;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-virtual {v2}, Landroid/content/Context;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v2

const-string v8, "contacts_list_call_btn"

const/4 v0, 0x0

invoke-static {v2, v8, v0}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v2

if-eqz v2, :cond_c4[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v0

const-string v2, "CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList"

invoke-virtual {v0, v2}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v0

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v0, :cond_c4[/COLOR][/B]

iget-boolean v0, p0, Lcom/android/contacts/list/DefaultContactListAdapter;->mShowCallButton:Z

- Save changes.
- Navigate to classout\com\sec\android\app\dialertab\calllog and open CallLogAdapter.smali
- Search for ""CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList"", there will be 2 results, we will be working on the 2nd one. Now add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
Code:
    .line 1358
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]move-object/from16 v0, p0

iget-object v5, v0, Lcom/sec/android/app/dialertab/calllog/CallLogAdapter;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-virtual {v5}, Landroid/content/Context;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v18

const-string v19, "logs_list_call_btn"

const/16 v20, 0x0

invoke-static/range {v18 .. v20}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v18

if-eqz v18, :cond_257[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v5

const-string v6, "CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList"

invoke-virtual {v5, v6}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v5

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/4 v5, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v5, :cond_257[/COLOR][/B]
- Save changes... Compile.

N.B: You may get FC if you open phone app, to overcome that, you need to set compiling compression level to 0 or drag and drop the modified classes.dex in the original SecContacts.apk then push to phone.

★ TW Browser ★

- Baksmali SecBrowser.apk
- Navigate to classout\com\android\browser folder and open Controller.smali
- In the method ".method goBackOnePageOrQuit()V" add extra register to accommodate our new code:
Code:
.method goBackOnePageOrQuit()V
    [B][COLOR="Red"].registers 5[/COLOR][/B]

.prologue
it will be after adding new register like this:
Code:
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"].registers 6[/COLOR][/B]

.prologue
- In the same method, search for "CscFeature_Web_EnablePromptToExit", there will be 3 results, we will be working on the first one. Now add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
Code:
    .line 4117
    :cond_31
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/browser/Controller;->getContext()Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v1

invoke-virtual {v1}, Landroid/content/Context;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v1

const-string v2, "browser_exit_prompt"

const/4 v4, 0x0

invoke-static {v1, v2, v4}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v1

if-eqz v1, :cond_49[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v1

const-string v2, "CscFeature_Web_EnablePromptToExit"

invoke-virtual {v1, v2}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v1

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/4 v1, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v1, :cond_49[/COLOR][/B]
- Now in the method ".method public onPrepareOptionsMenu(Landroid/view/Menu;)Z", search for "CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
Code:
    .line 2318
    :goto_58
    [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/browser/Controller;->getContext()Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v0

invoke-virtual {v0}, Landroid/content/Context;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v0

const-string v1, "browser_exit_option"

const/4 v2, 0x0

invoke-static {v0, v1, v2}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v0

if-eqz v0, :cond_71[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v0

const-string v1, "CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate"

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v0

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v0, :cond_71[/COLOR][/B]
- In the method ".method public onOptionsItemSelected(Landroid/view/MenuItem;)Z", search for "CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate" and add this blue line:
Code:
    .line 2652
    :pswitch_1b4

move-result-object v0

invoke-virtual {v0, v1}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v0

if-eqz v0, :cond_2c
- In the method ".method public updateMenuState" search for "CscFeature_Web_EnableHomepageOption" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
Code:
    .line 2351
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/browser/Controller;->getContext()Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v4

invoke-virtual {v4}, Landroid/content/Context;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v4

const-string v7, "browser_home_page"

invoke-static {v4, v7, v2}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v4

if-nez v4, :cond_5a[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v4

const-string v7, "CscFeature_Web_EnableHomepageOption"

invoke-virtual {v4, v7}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v4

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/4 v4, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-nez v4, :cond_5a[/COLOR][/B]
Make sure of v2 is reflecting consta/4 vx, 0x0 flag if you scrolled up at the beginning of the same method which includes this csc feature... see here to understand:
Code:
.method public updateMenuState(Lcom/android/browser/Tab;Landroid/view/Menu;)V
    .registers 14

.prologue
    const v10, 0x7f0d0155

const v9, 0x7f0d0150

const v8, 0x7f0d0156

const/4 v1, 0x1

[B][COLOR="Red"]const/4 v2, 0x0[/COLOR][/B]

★ TW Settings Menu ★

- Baksmali SecSettings.apk
- Navigate to classout\com\android\settings folder and open Settings.smali
- In the method ".method private updateHeaderList(Ljava/util/List;)V", search for ""CscFeature_Setting_EnableMenuBlockCallMsg"" and add blue lines and delete red line:
Code:
    .line 596
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/settings/Settings;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v3

const-string v6, "call_message_block"

invoke-static {v3, v6, v2}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v3

if-eqz v3, :cond_majdinj[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v3

const-string v6, "CscFeature_Setting_EnableMenuBlockCallMsg"

invoke-virtual {v3, v6}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v3

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/4 v3, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-nez v3, :cond_23[/COLOR][/B]

.line 598
    [B][COLOR="Red"]invoke-interface {p1, v0}, Ljava/util/List;->remove(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z[/COLOR][/B]

goto/16 :goto_23
Make sure of v2 is reflecting consta/4 vx, 0x0 flag if you scroll up at the beginning of the same method which includes this csc feature... see here to understand:
Code:
.method private updateHeaderList(Ljava/util/List;)V
    .registers 10
    .annotation system Ldalvik/annotation/Signature;
        value = {
            "(",
            "Ljava/util/List",
            "<",
            "Landroid/preference/PreferenceActivity$Header;",
            ">;)V"
        }
    .end annotation

.prologue
    const/4 v4, 0x1

- Copy the last 2 lines in the above code (goto_23 could differ according to ROM) and go to the end of method and add defined condition and those 2 lines:
Code:
    :cond_2b7
    move v0, v1

goto/16 :goto_55

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]:cond_majdinj
    invoke-interface {p1, v0}, Ljava/util/List;->remove(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

goto/16 :goto_23[/COLOR][/B]
.end method
- Save changes.
- Navigate to classout\com\android\settings folder and open SecuritySettings.smali
- In the method ".method private createPreferenceHierarchy()Landroid/preference/PreferenceScreen;", search for "CscFeature_Setting_EnableFactoryResetPasswordWhenNoSIM" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
Code:
    .line 503
    :cond_2f2
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/settings/SecuritySettings;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v10

const-string v11, "security_data_reset_pass"

invoke-static {v10, v11, v13}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v10

if-eqz v10, :cond_32b[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v10

const-string v11, "CscFeature_Setting_EnableFactoryResetPasswordWhenNoSIM"

invoke-virtual {v10, v11}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v10

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/4 v10, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v10, :cond_32b[/COLOR][/B]
Make sure of v13 is reflecting consta/4 vx, 0x0 flag if you scrolled up at the beginning of the same method which includes this csc feature... see here to understand:
Code:
.method private createPreferenceHierarchy()Landroid/preference/PreferenceScreen;
    .registers 16

.prologue
    const v12, 0x7f09001d

const/4 v14, 0x1

- Save changes.
- Navigate to classout\com\android\settings folder and open DeviceInfoSettings.smali
- Search for "CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuSoftwareUpdate" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
Code:
    .line 320
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]invoke-virtual/range {p0 .. p0}, Lcom/android/settings/DeviceInfoSettings;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v24

const-string v25, "software_update_menu"

const/16 v26, 0x0

invoke-static/range {v24 .. v26}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v6

if-nez v6, :cond_315 [/COLOR]   [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v24

const-string v25, "CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuSoftwareUpdate"

invoke-virtual/range {v24 .. v25}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v24

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/16 v24, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]const/16 v25, 0x1

move/from16 v0, v24

move/from16 v1, v25

if-ne v0, v1, :cond_315[/COLOR][/B]
- Save changes... compile.

That's all... push all modified files into your device,,
Your new ROM CSC features controller is functioned properly now :cool:

Cheers,,

ildar2099

Apr 24, 2013
You wrote that goto different on different Rom. And how to learn how to insert "goto" here?

move v0, v1

.end method

majdinj

Nov 25, 2006
AlAhsa
You wrote that goto different on different Rom. And how to learn how to insert "goto" here?

move v0, v1

.end method

The code for "CscFeature_Setting_EnableMenuBlockCallMsg" in Settings.smali before editing is looked like this:
Code:
    .line 596

move-result-object v3

invoke-virtual {v3, v6}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v3

if-nez v3, :cond_23

.line 598

Usually the condition values (cond_xxx), goto values (goto_xxx) will differ according to ROM firmware, device or compiler used.
After you made all changes to this code, copy the last 2 lines and paste them at the end of the method. Here the last 2 lines are:
Code:
    .line 596

move-result-object v3

move-result v3

.line 598
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]invoke-interface {p1, v0}, Ljava/util/List;->remove(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

goto/16 :goto_[COLOR="Red"]23[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
Whatever goto_value you have, just copy it..!!
And to call these 2 lines, add the condition definition line before these 2 lines, so it can be called by your new line "if-eqz v3, :cond_majdinj". So it will be like this at the end:
Code:

goto/16 :goto_[B][COLOR="Red"]23[/COLOR][/B]
.end method

And sorry for late response,, I got things to do here buddy ;)

Cheers,,,

Reactions: ildar2099

ildar2099

Apr 24, 2013
The code for "CscFeature_Setting_EnableMenuBlockCallMsg" in Settings.smali before editing is looked like this:
Code:
    .line 596

move-result-object v3

move-result v3

.line 598

Usually the condition values (cond_xxx), goto values (goto_xxx) will differ according to ROM firmware, device or compiler used.
After you made all changes to this code, copy the last 2 lines and paste them at the end of the method. Here the last 2 lines are:
Code:
    .line 596

move-result-object v3

move-result v3

.line 598
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]invoke-interface {p1, v0}, Ljava/util/List;->remove(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z

goto/16 :goto_[COLOR="Red"]23[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
Whatever goto_value you have, just copy it..!!
And to call these 2 lines, add the condition definition line before these 2 lines, so it can be called by your new line "if-eqz v3, :cond_majdinj". So it will be like this at the end:
Code:

goto/16 :goto_[B][COLOR="Red"]23[/COLOR][/B]
.end method

And sorry for late response,, I got things to do here buddy ;)

Cheers,,,

happened, but does not work

tkari4

Jan 24, 2010
This mod working on my device, but how to make checked by default? :confused:

android:defaultValue="true"

For example...

before:
Code:
<CheckBoxPreference android:title="@string/twsettings_call_msg_blk" android:key="call_message_block" android:summaryOn="@string/csc_on" android:summaryOff="@string/csc_off" />

after:
Code:
<CheckBoxPreference android:title="@string/twsettings_call_msg_blk" android:key="call_message_block" [COLOR="Blue"]android:defaultValue="true"[/COLOR] android:summaryOn="@string/csc_on" android:summaryOff="@string/csc_off" />

Reactions: Kamy and bamzzz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    << Section #2: Creating toggle listener in apk that contains the csc feature that we want to control >>​

Here, we will add check box listeners for each csc feature in different apks

Ok, let's start :victory:

★ TW Launcher ★

- Baksmali SecLauncher2.apk
    - Navigate to classout\com\android\launcher2 folder and open Launcher.smali
    - Search for "CscFeature_Launcher_HomeScreenEditMode" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
    Code:
        .line 299
        .end local v0    # "IsProvisioned":Z
        :cond_95
        :goto_95

move-result-object v9

const-string v10, "edit_mode"

move-result v9

if-eqz v9, :cond_a3[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v9

const-string v10, "CscFeature_Launcher_HomeScreenEditMode"

move-result v9

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v9, :cond_a3[/COLOR][/B]
    - Search for "CscFeature_Launcher_DisableTiltEffect" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
    Code:
        .line 302
        :cond_a3	

move-result-object v9

const-string v10, "tilt_effect"

move-result v9

if-nez v9, :cond_b1[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v9

const-string v10, "CscFeature_Launcher_DisableTiltEffect"

move-result v9

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v9, :cond_b1[/COLOR][/B]
    Code:
    .method protected onCreate(Landroid/os/Bundle;)V
        .registers 16
        .param p1, "savedInstanceState"    # Landroid/os/Bundle;

.prologue

const/4 v12, 0x1
    - Save changes.
    - Navigate to classout\com\android\launcher2 folder and open PagedView.smali
    - Search for method ".method private isLoopingDisabledInCSC()Z" and change the whole method to:
    Code:
    [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"].method private isLoopingDisabledInCSC()Z
        .registers 5

const/4 v0, 0x0

const/4 v1, 0x1

invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/launcher2/PagedView;->getContext()Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v2

move-result-object v2

const-string v3, "page_rotation"

invoke-static {v2, v3, v0}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v2

if-eqz v2, :cond_majdinj

move-result-object v1

const-string v2, "CscFeature_Launcher_DisablePageRotation"

move-result v0

return v0

return v1
    .end method[/COLOR][/B]
    - Save changes.. and compile

★ TW Contacts ★

- Baksmali SecContacts.apk
    - Navigate to classout\com\android\contacts\list folder and open ContactEntryListAdapter.smali
    - Search for ""CscFeature_Contact_DisableContactPhoto"" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
    Code:
    .method protected bindQuickContact(Lcom/android/contacts/list/ContactListItemView;ILandroid/database/Cursor;III)V
        .registers 14
        .param p1, "view"    # Lcom/android/contacts/list/ContactListItemView;
        .param p2, "partitionIndex"    # I
        .param p3, "cursor"    # Landroid/database/Cursor;
        .param p4, "photoIdColumn"    # I
        .param p5, "contactIdColumn"    # I
        .param p6, "lookUpKeyColumn"    # I

.prologue
        .line 764
        [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]iget-object v0, p0, Lcom/android/contacts/list/ContactEntryListAdapter;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v0

const-string v1, "contacts_list_photo"

const/4 v2, 0x0

move-result v0

if-nez v0, :cond_10[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v0

const-string v4, "CscFeature_Contact_DisableContactPhoto"

invoke-virtual {v0, v4}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v0

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v0, :cond_10[/COLOR][/B]
    - Save changes.
    - Navigate to classout\com\android\contacts\list folder and open DefaultContactListAdapter.smali
    - Search for ""CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList"" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
    Code:
        .line 455
        :goto_8b
        [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]iget-object v2, p0, Lcom/android/contacts/list/DefaultContactListAdapter;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v2

const-string v8, "contacts_list_call_btn"

const/4 v0, 0x0

invoke-static {v2, v8, v0}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v2

if-eqz v2, :cond_c4[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v0

const-string v2, "CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList"

invoke-virtual {v0, v2}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v0

iget-boolean v0, p0, Lcom/android/contacts/list/DefaultContactListAdapter;->mShowCallButton:Z

- Save changes.
    - Navigate to classout\com\sec\android\app\dialertab\calllog and open CallLogAdapter.smali
    - Search for ""CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList"", there will be 2 results, we will be working on the 2nd one. Now add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
    Code:
        .line 1358
        [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]move-object/from16 v0, p0

iget-object v5, v0, Lcom/sec/android/app/dialertab/calllog/CallLogAdapter;->mContext:Landroid/content/Context;

invoke-virtual {v5}, Landroid/content/Context;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v18

const-string v19, "logs_list_call_btn"

const/16 v20, 0x0

invoke-static/range {v18 .. v20}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v18

if-eqz v18, :cond_257[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v5

const-string v6, "CscFeature_Contact_EnableCallButtonInList"

invoke-virtual {v5, v6}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v5

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/4 v5, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v5, :cond_257[/COLOR][/B]

N.B: You may get FC if you open phone app, to overcome that, you need to set compiling compression level to 0 or drag and drop the modified classes.dex in the original SecContacts.apk then push to phone.

★ TW Browser ★

- Baksmali SecBrowser.apk
    - Navigate to classout\com\android\browser folder and open Controller.smali
    - In the method ".method goBackOnePageOrQuit()V" add extra register to accommodate our new code:
    Code:
        [B][COLOR="Red"].registers 5[/COLOR][/B]

.prologue
    it will be after adding new register like this:
    Code:
        [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"].registers 6[/COLOR][/B]

.prologue
    - In the same method, search for "CscFeature_Web_EnablePromptToExit", there will be 3 results, we will be working on the first one. Now add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
    Code:
        .line 4117
        :cond_31

move-result-object v1

invoke-virtual {v1}, Landroid/content/Context;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v1

const-string v2, "browser_exit_prompt"

const/4 v4, 0x0

invoke-static {v1, v2, v4}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v1

if-eqz v1, :cond_49[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v1

const-string v2, "CscFeature_Web_EnablePromptToExit"

move-result v1

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/4 v1, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v1, :cond_49[/COLOR][/B]
    - Now in the method ".method public onPrepareOptionsMenu(Landroid/view/Menu;)Z", search for "CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
    Code:
        .line 2318
        :goto_58
        [COLOR="RoyalBlue"][B]invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/browser/Controller;->getContext()Landroid/content/Context;

move-result-object v0

move-result-object v0

const-string v1, "browser_exit_option"

const/4 v2, 0x0

move-result v0

if-eqz v0, :cond_71[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v0

move-result v0

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v0, :cond_71[/COLOR][/B]
    - In the method ".method public onOptionsItemSelected(Landroid/view/MenuItem;)Z", search for "CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate" and add this blue line:
    Code:
        .line 2652
        :pswitch_1b4

move-result-object v0

move-result v0

if-eqz v0, :cond_2c
    - In the method ".method public updateMenuState" search for "CscFeature_Web_EnableHomepageOption" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
    Code:
        .line 2351

move-result-object v4

invoke-virtual {v4}, Landroid/content/Context;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v4

const-string v7, "browser_home_page"

invoke-static {v4, v7, v2}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v4

if-nez v4, :cond_5a[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v4

const-string v7, "CscFeature_Web_EnableHomepageOption"

invoke-virtual {v4, v7}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v4

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/4 v4, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-nez v4, :cond_5a[/COLOR][/B]
    Make sure of v2 is reflecting consta/4 vx, 0x0 flag if you scrolled up at the beginning of the same method which includes this csc feature... see here to understand:
    Code:
    .method public updateMenuState(Lcom/android/browser/Tab;Landroid/view/Menu;)V
        .registers 14

.prologue
        const v10, 0x7f0d0155

const v9, 0x7f0d0150

const v8, 0x7f0d0156

const/4 v1, 0x1

★ TW Settings Menu ★

- Baksmali SecSettings.apk
    - Navigate to classout\com\android\settings folder and open Settings.smali
    - In the method ".method private updateHeaderList(Ljava/util/List;)V", search for ""CscFeature_Setting_EnableMenuBlockCallMsg"" and add blue lines and delete red line:
    Code:
        .line 596
        [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/settings/Settings;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v3

const-string v6, "call_message_block"

invoke-static {v3, v6, v2}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v3

if-eqz v3, :cond_majdinj[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v3

move-result v3

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/4 v3, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-nez v3, :cond_23[/COLOR][/B]

.line 598
        [B][COLOR="Red"]invoke-interface {p1, v0}, Ljava/util/List;->remove(Ljava/lang/Object;)Z[/COLOR][/B]

Make sure of v2 is reflecting consta/4 vx, 0x0 flag if you scroll up at the beginning of the same method which includes this csc feature... see here to understand:
    Code:
    .method private updateHeaderList(Ljava/util/List;)V
        .registers 10
        .annotation system Ldalvik/annotation/Signature;
            value = {
                "(",
                "Ljava/util/List",
                "<",
                "Landroid/preference/PreferenceActivity$Header;",
                ">;)V"
            }
        .end annotation

.prologue
        const/4 v4, 0x1

- Copy the last 2 lines in the above code (goto_23 could differ according to ROM) and go to the end of method and add defined condition and those 2 lines:
    Code:
        move v0, v1

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]:cond_majdinj

goto/16 :goto_23[/COLOR][/B]
    .end method
    - Save changes.
    - Navigate to classout\com\android\settings folder and open SecuritySettings.smali
    - In the method ".method private createPreferenceHierarchy()Landroid/preference/PreferenceScreen;", search for "CscFeature_Setting_EnableFactoryResetPasswordWhenNoSIM" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
    Code:
        .line 503
        :cond_2f2
        [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]invoke-virtual {p0}, Lcom/android/settings/SecuritySettings;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v10

const-string v11, "security_data_reset_pass"

invoke-static {v10, v11, v13}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v10

if-eqz v10, :cond_32b[/COLOR]    [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v10

const-string v11, "CscFeature_Setting_EnableFactoryResetPasswordWhenNoSIM"

invoke-virtual {v10, v11}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v10

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/4 v10, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]if-eqz v10, :cond_32b[/COLOR][/B]
    Code:
    .method private createPreferenceHierarchy()Landroid/preference/PreferenceScreen;
        .registers 16

.prologue
        const v12, 0x7f09001d

const/4 v14, 0x1

- Save changes.
    - Navigate to classout\com\android\settings folder and open DeviceInfoSettings.smali
    - Search for "CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuSoftwareUpdate" and add blue lines and delete red line (pay attention to condition value):
    Code:
        .line 320
        [B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]invoke-virtual/range {p0 .. p0}, Lcom/android/settings/DeviceInfoSettings;->getContentResolver()Landroid/content/ContentResolver;

move-result-object v24

const-string v25, "software_update_menu"

const/16 v26, 0x0

invoke-static/range {v24 .. v26}, Landroid/provider/Settings$System;->getInt(Landroid/content/ContentResolver;Ljava/lang/String;I)I

move-result v6

if-nez v6, :cond_315 [/COLOR]   [COLOR="Green"]#<!-- The condition value should be the same as deleted red one bellow[/COLOR][/B]

move-result-object v24

const-string v25, "CscFeature_Setting_DisableMenuSoftwareUpdate"

invoke-virtual/range {v24 .. v25}, Lcom/sec/android/app/CscFeature;->getEnableStatus(Ljava/lang/String;)Z

move-result v24

[B][COLOR="RoyalBlue"]const/16 v24, 0x1[/COLOR][/B]

[B][COLOR="Red"]const/16 v25, 0x1

move/from16 v0, v24

move/from16 v1, v25

if-ne v0, v1, :cond_315[/COLOR][/B]
    - Save changes... compile.

That's all... push all modified files into your device,,
    Your new ROM CSC features controller is functioned properly now :cool:

Cheers,,

Hi guys,,
    Today's tutorial will make us able to create new tab in settings menu by which we could control our ROM CSC features by toggles..

86m3.png
    pb5u.png
    qah7.png

This tutorial will be divided into 2 main sections:
    Section #1: Creating new tab in settings menu (ROM CSC features controller)
    Section #2: Creating toggle listener in apk that contains the csc feature that we want to control

So let's start.. :eek:

<< Section #1: Creating new tab in settings menu (ROM CSC features controller) >>​

First download the resources from attachment bellow.

- Decompile SecSettings.apk
    - Navigate to res\xml folder and open settings_headers.xml and add this line wherever you want the new tab to appear in your settings menu later on:
    Code:
    <header android:icon="@drawable/ic_csc_controller" android:id="@id/csc_control" android:title="@string/csc_features_controller" android:fragment="com.android.settings.romhack.CscSettings" />
    - Still in the same res\xml folder, paste csc_settings.xml there from resources file.
    - Navigate to res\drawable-xhdpi folder and paste ic_csc_controller.png from resource file there.
    - Navigate to res\values folder and open ids.xml file and add this line at the end:
    Code:
    <item type="id" name="csc_control">false</item>
    - Navigate to res\values folder and open strings.xml and add these lines:
    Code:
    	<string name="csc_features_controller">ROM CSC features controller</string>
    	<string name="how_csc_use">Tip:</string>
    	<string name="how_csc_use_summary">After you made your choices, you may need to restart your device in order to load some csc features changes</string>
    	<string name="glory_twlauncher">GloryROM TW Launcher CSC Features</string>
    	<string name="twlauncher_tilt">Transition tilt effect</string>
    	<string name="twlauncher_page_rotation">Home screens looping</string>
    	<string name="twlauncher_edit_mode">Home screen edit menu</string>	
    	<string name="glory_twcontacts">GloryROM TW Contacts CSC Features</string>
    	<string name="twcontacts_photo">Contacts photos</string>
    	<string name="twcontacts_contacts_call_btn">Contacts list call buttons</string>
    	<string name="twcontacts_logs_call_btn">Logs list call buttons</string>
    	<string name="glory_twbrowser">GloryROM TW Browser CSC Features</string>
    	<string name="twbrowser_exit_option">Exit browser option</string>
    	<string name="twbrowser_exit_prompt">Exit prompt</string>
    	<string name="twbrowser_home_menu">Home page option</string>
    	<string name="glory_twsettings">GloryROM TW Settings CSC Features</string>
    	<string name="twsettings_call_msg_blk">Call/message block menu</string>
    	<string name="twsettings_data_reset_password">Factory data reset password</string>
    	<string name="twsettings_update_menu">Software update menu</string>
    	<string name="csc_off">Disabled</string>
    	<string name="csc_on">Enabled</string>
    - Now you need to compile SecSettings.apk to create new ids in public.xml file..
    - Now decompile the new SecSettings.apk, and go to res\values folder and open public.xml and locate this line:
    Code:
        <public type="xml" name="csc_settings" id="[B][COLOR="Red"]0x7f07008e[/COLOR][/B]" />
    Remember that id, we will use it later.
    - Now go to smali\com\android\settings folder and paste the folder romhack there from resource file.
    - Now open the new folder romhack, and open CscSettings.smali
    - Search for the method ".method public onCreate(Landroid/os/Bundle;)V" and change the id here to the one in public.xml before:
    Code:
    const v1, [B][COLOR="Red"]0x7f07008e[/COLOR][/B]

That's all for SecSettings.apk, compile and push to your phone and test it.. You should have extra tab with several check boxes inside but still not functioned yet..

Now we need to add check box listeners for each csc feature in different apks...

N.B:
    I have put several comments on CscSettings.smali, so you could extend your csc list in future just by following the comments in the smali and add new values in csc_settings.xml and strings.xml

This mod working on my device, but how to make checked by default? :confused:

android:defaultValue="true"

For example...

before:
    Code:
    <CheckBoxPreference android:title="@string/twsettings_call_msg_blk" android:key="call_message_block" android:summaryOn="@string/csc_on" android:summaryOff="@string/csc_off" />

after:
    Code:
    <CheckBoxPreference android:title="@string/twsettings_call_msg_blk" android:key="call_message_block" [COLOR="Blue"]android:defaultValue="true"[/COLOR] android:summaryOn="@string/csc_on" android:summaryOff="@string/csc_off" />
    If you can affect, I found all the csc functions in framework2.jar
    Decompile and go to com\sec\android\app ;)