[Guide] CWM ReParted

Search This thread

ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol
CWM ReParted is a method of reparition internal SDcard via recovery using flashable zip. It was developed a few months ago, but the message about this method "lost" in a closed thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=54157635&postcount=129 so I decided to create separate thread.

It's only for custom (non-stock) based ROMs

Installation method

1) backup your /data partition and /sdcard
2) flash zip archive. It may take a while, be patient. :)
3) format /data, /cache (ext4 or f2fs) and /sdcard (vfat)
4) restore your data
5) swap storages via Novathor settings app

Thanks to @AntaresOne for a good starting point for this guide.

UPD. repartition scripts for ext4
620.000 SYSTEM
10.000 CACHEFS
3.112.931 DATAFS
100.000 UMS
100 HIDDEN
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57177356&postcount=44
and F2FS
620.000 SYSTEM
130.000 CACHEFS
3.002.931 DATAFS
100.000 UMS
100 HIDDEN
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=57126553&postcount=41
Thanks @fluffi444

Last edited:

BoogeyCZ

Nov 21, 2010
Thank you for your guide. I looked into it and have some questions. I also study repartition script to know what it is doing.
It would be nice if someone can answer these questions:

We are able to deal with all partitions but no with UMS and HIDDEN. What is the purpose of these and why are they needed?
Is it possible to modify ROM and remove them? If so.. How to do that? It would be nice if we can have one big internal memory and one sdcard.
Now, there is one big data and one little 51kb UMS if I understood it correctly.

Fota can be removed totaly I think.

Thank you.

Reactions: jordirpz

ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol
We are able to deal with all partitions but no with UMS and HIDDEN. What is the purpose of these and why are they needed?
Why not UMS and HIDDEN? UMS is /sdcard and HIDDEN is /preload
Is it possible to modify ROM and remove them? If so.. How to do that? It would be nice if we can have one big internal memory and one sdcard.
Probably yes... But I don't know how to do that and I really don't think it is necessary for anyone. I use both of sdcards (yes, 32Gb is not enough for me :D )
Now, there is one big data and one little 51kb UMS if I understood it correctly.

Fota can be removed totaly I think.
Yes, fota will be removed after installation this zip.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ave_Hornet

BoogeyCZ

Nov 21, 2010
I tried to find out where are /preload and /sdcard mounted and maybe it will be ok to edit:
/fstab.samsungcodina to remove mounting preload and sdcard (this file is probably in ramdisk)
and edit build.prop:
persist.sys.vold.switchablepair=sdcard0,sdcard1

but I'm not sure about that.

BoogeyCZ

Nov 21, 2010
I did repartition your way but I have problem with Google Photo app. It requires sdcard0 which has no space :( Is it possible to switch them or use /data as sdcard like in Nexus devices?

ChronoMonochrome

Jan 29, 2014
Stavropol
I did repartition your way but I have problem with Google Photo app. It requires sdcard0 which has no space :( Is it possible to switch them or use /data as sdcard like in Nexus devices?

I forgot to mention, you need to swap memory via Novathor App after repartition. You also can increase size for UMS if you don't want to swap storages.

faroukovic3

Apr 17, 2014
CWM ReParted is a method of reparition internal SDcard via recovery using flashable zip. It was developed a few months ago, but the message about this method "lost" in a closed thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=54157635&postcount=129 so I decided to create separate thread.

Installation method

3) format /data, /cache and /sdcard
4) restore your data

After repartition you'll have:
2,87 Gb on data
~320 Mb on cache (I didn't change cache partition size because I use F2FS and it needs to use more memory in /cache. Anyway, you can edit repartition script as you want)
~51 kb on UMS and HIDDEN
This script will not change your /system partition.
View attachment 2959869

I did all of this but I can't reach the sd card and I have 2,64 in internal storage Please how to cancel this changes ?1

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 AM ----------

Installation method

4) restore your data

2,87 Gb on data
~320 Mb on cache (I didn't change cache partition size because I use F2FS and it needs to use more memory in /cache. Anyway, you can edit repartition script as you want)
~51 kb on UMS and HIDDEN
View attachment 2959869

when I did all the steps before swapping the sd card . the sd card was good but in the apps section in settings sd card was blank and installed apps won't work after doing the swap the sd card is 0octects in storage !! what's the solution to this problem if not what's the way to get back to old storage ?!

nikolas1274

Aug 6, 2013
Hello i have repartition my internal memory with busote method,can i use your flashable method or i must go back to original partition before i use your flashable file?

BoogeyCZ

Nov 21, 2010
Or you can do it by hand if you really know what you are doing and if you are familiar with parted.

I studied script and partition layout and did it manually my way with little help which you can find in the first page of this thread. Essential is to know what partition you have to remove and what you have to leave untouched. Next step is to recreate it in propper layout and sizes. Then you format it and install ROM. Finnally switch Storages by Novathor settings.

riyosakura

Dec 29, 2012
Banda Aceh

Installation method

4) restore your data

2,87 Gb on data
~51 kb on UMS and HIDDEN
View attachment 2959869
I'm using KK CM11. And installed this partitioning + kernel f2fs 1.6.3.
But i cant move apps to sdcard after partitioning. Any suggestion??
Maybe because on CM11 its move the apps to ext sdcard. Since ext sdcard doesnt have anyspace, so it wont move.
Without moving apps, i doubt i can install every apps i need.

Top Liked Posts