• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Guide] Cyanogenmod 13 Porting for Mediatek MT6592 Devices

Search This thread

stefano91av

Jul 13, 2014
Share SS of file manager showing both storage on any working CM 12.1 for your device or from stock rom.

I thank you but I have solved alone. Ahahhaha :angel:
Finally now my zopo 998 has the same memory between recovery and operating system.
Before that I was copying the OS sd card did not appear on that shown in the recovery .
Now is a unique thing .
Basically it was being emulated the sdcard when he had not.
In fact my sdcard is not emulated .
Thanks to the guide I followed the first post . I did the opposite direction .

stefano91av

Jul 13, 2014
Hi, I follow this guide for youtube app in 1080p and works for me :) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66433720&postcount=62
Now I have only a little problem on youtube app: When I'm watching a 1080p video, I can hear the audio but the video is stopped at the first frames .
Only sometimes it seems to go on , and when it does it in 1080p .
If the septum at lower resolutions works perfectly .
What could it be?

bravonova

Mar 6, 2015
Pune
Redmi Note 10
Hi, I follow this guide for youtube app in 1080p and works for me :) http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66433720&postcount=62
Now I have only a little problem on youtube app: When I'm watching a 1080p video, I can hear the audio but the video is stopped at the first frames .
Only sometimes it seems to go on , and when it does it in 1080p .
If the septum at lower resolutions works perfectly .
What could it be?

That method works for some videos only. :)

Reactions: stefano91av

stefano91av

Jul 13, 2014
May be it will solve in future... :)

You need to set quality for once by tapping on three dots in right corner then tap on quality (middle option) and then select 720p.... After that all next your video will play in 720p :)

Thank you :)
Now I've these problems :crying:

1) after calling blueetooth using a Jabra bluetooth headset, the closure of the call with my headset the phone will block the signal and closes at 2 sim and also the bluetooth connection.
After a few seconds back as before and reconnect everything. It does this even if I close the call from the phone.
2) during the call disconnects the wifi
3) there is an annoying echo during calls to my listeners.

bravonova

Mar 6, 2015
Pune
Redmi Note 10
Thank you :)
Now I've these problems :crying:

1) after calling blueetooth using a Jabra bluetooth headset, the closure of the call with my headset the phone will block the signal and closes at 2 sim and also the bluetooth connection.
After a few seconds back as before and reconnect everything. It does this even if I close the call from the phone.
2) during the call disconnects the wifi
3) there is an annoying echo during calls to my listeners.

Download the attached file and replace it in /system/framework folder... It will solve the calling related issues. :)

Fixed by @ferhung

Attachments

• telephony-common.jar
    793.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
Reactions: stefano91av

stefano91av

Jul 13, 2014
No... audio is clear at both ends. :) I have used CM 13 and CM 13 based other ROMs too like AICP, Temasek, Bliss, Resurrection Remix etc... but I didn't get this kind of problem. :)

Instead on Zopo 998 unfortunately this situation happens .
In fact people, who use this rom , use a headset to remedy this echo .
Do you have any idea?
On Zopo 998 we have 2 microphones :
a normal one for the registration ;
another to remove or mitigate the environmental noises .
In the past the same Zopo had problems in Kitkat , then worked out perfectly . In fact I use for porting the latest version Official Kitkat issued by Zopo .

bravonova

Mar 6, 2015
Pune
Redmi Note 10
Instead on Zopo 998 unfortunately this situation happens .
In fact people, who use this rom , use a headset to remedy this echo .
Do you have any idea?
On Zopo 998 we have 2 microphones :
a normal one for the registration ;
another to remove or mitigate the environmental noises .
In the past the same Zopo had problems in Kitkat , then worked out perfectly . In fact I use for porting the latest version Official Kitkat issued by Zopo .

Most of the phones which have MT6592 SoC has two microphones. One for calling and second for noise cancellation. I didn't hear such kind of issue with another MT6592 SoC based devices. :)

patato21

Jun 27, 2015
I get a status 7 error whenever I flash through any recovery.
ApplyParsedPerms: lsetfilecon of /system/lost+found to ubject_r:system_file:s0 failed: Operation not supported on transport endpoint
script aborted: set_metadata_recursive: some changes failed
(status 7) error
“and then the location of the update.zip” (on my external sd card)
I can bypass this by using a working meta-inf folder from a working OctOS 5.1.1 ROM. But I think this is causing me to get bugs with wifi and camera in marshmallow 6.0.1. How on earth is everyone else flashing this ROM? I have TWRP 3.0.0-0.

bravonova

Mar 6, 2015
Pune
Redmi Note 10
I get a status 7 error whenever I flash through any recovery.

I can bypass this by using a working meta-inf folder from a working OctOS 5.1.1 ROM. But I think this is causing me to get bugs with wifi and camera in marshmallow 6.0.1. How on earth is everyone else flashing this ROM? I have TWRP 3.0.0-0.

Go to mount settings in TWRP and then remove tick from system, data, cache partitions and then flash. :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guide to port Fire855's Cyanogenmod 13 to Mediatek Devices

Here I am posting guide how to port Fire855's Cyanogenmod 13 to Mediatek devices based on MT6592 SoC.

@fire855 Cyanogenmod 13 thread --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/android/development/rom-cyanogenmod-13-kingzone-k1-turbo-t3360336

Required Tools

Java Development Kit
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javase/downloads/jdk8-downloads-2133151.html

Dat File Extractor
    https://goo.gl/NxNe97

Cygwin
    https://goo.gl/uMvH7C

Android Kitchen
    https://goo.gl/rMH3kX

Meta-Inf Folder
    https://goo.gl/y2WZZI

Notepad++
    https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/

Extracting system.new.dat file from Fire855 build
    - Use extractor
    - First Extract fire855 build zip using Winrar or 7z software.
    - Put following files in "place_for_supported_files_here" folder
    - file_contexts
    - system.new.dat
    - system.patch.dat
    - system.transfer.list
    - Run Extraktor_En.cmd
    - Type 1 and press enter
    - Your files will be extracted in "extract_file_here" folder
    - Now copy these files from "system.dat" in "system" folder of Fire855 build
    - Delete ".jounal" file from "/system" folder

Before Porting
    - Delete Meta-Inf folder from Fire855 build
    - Delete "system.new.dat", "system.patch.dat", "system.transfer.list
    - Replace it with the Meta-inf folder given above
    - You will have these folder and files now
    - Install
    - Meta-inf
    - System
    - boot.img
    - file_contexts
    - Now compress these above files and folder in one standard zip format.

Setting up Android Kitchen and Extracting Boot.img
    1. Extract the Cygwin. In this folder you will find another folder named cygwin_packages and a file named setup. Copy these to C :\cygwin (create a folder named cygwin if it doesn't exist)

2. Open the cygwin folder in C:

3. Now in cygwin folder right click on the setup.exe and Run as Administrator

4. Click Next and then select Install from Local Directory

5. Select the path to the cygwin folder in C: then click Next

6. Select the path to the cygwin_packages folder (C:\cygwin\cygwin_packages) then click Next

7. Click Next. A message will appear click OK

8. Single click in the area between the Red box

9. Click Next. A message will appear, click Next. After this, installation will take place. After the installation process is complete check / tick the Create icon on Desktop and click on Finish. After this Right click on the Cygwin desktop icon and Run as Administrator. Some processes will take place after the completion of the process, close it

10. Now open C Drive. In the drive you will find a folder named Cygwin, Open it

11. Now open the home folder. In this folder you will find another folder having your Username, open it

12. Don't delete any file. Make a new folder named Kitchen

13. Open the folder named Kitchen. Now extract the file named dsixda Android Kitchen that you copied on your computer's desktop, then open the extracted folder of dsixda Android Kitchen

14. Copy all the files that are in the extracted folder of dsixda Android Kitchen and paste them in the Kitchen folder that you made

15. Now do Right click on the Cygwin desktop icon and Run as Administrator

16. Cygwin window will open. Now type "cd kitchen" (without "") then press Enter

17. Now type "./menu" then press Enter

18. After this Android Kitchen will open

You're good to go!

(You can use pictorial guide given on (https://forum.hovatek.com/thread-647.html)

Files needs to be ported

In Boot.img
    - zimage (simply your device kernel)
    - uevented.rc (if only device get bootloops)

Lib files need to replace from your Stock ROM

From "/system/lib/hw" folder

- hwcomposer.mt6592.so
    - sensors.default.so (first rename this file to sensors.mt6592.so and then copy it same location in Fire855 build)

From "system/lib" folder
    - libMali.so
    - libaudio.primary.defaults.so
    - libcameracustom.so
    - libfeatureio.so
    - libcamdrv.so
    - libcamalgo.so
    - libdpframework.so
    - libcamparamsmgr.so

From "system/bin" folder
    - gsm0710muxd
    - gsm0710muxdmd2
    - rild

From "/system/etc" folder
    - Bluetooth folder
    - Wifi Folder
    - Firmware Folder

Making changes in boot.img only for devices having Emulated storage
    Note: (No need of change for Non-emulated storage devices)

Edit fstab file in ramdisk folder after extracting boot.img in Android Kitchen

Refer this post by @Typhus_ --> http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=66440098&postcount=228

Note : Edit system and data mount points according to your device in updater-script using Notepad++.
    Unpack/Repack Boot.img using Android Kitchen

1) First you need to set up working folder.
    2) Place the zip you have created from above instructions in Original_Update folder.
    3) Type 1 and press enter.
    4) Select zip.
    5) No need to rename working folder.
    6) Also when it asks to do changes in updater script, Type 2 and press Enter for "Do nothing" and keep updater script as it is.
    7) Now working folder is set up.
    8) Go to advanced settings. Type 0 and press Enter.
    9) Then type 12 and press enter.
    10) Then type "w" (without "") and press enter.
    11) A folder will be creatred name Boot-Extracted.
    12) Now type "a" (without "") and press enter.
    13) A messege will appear and a new folder will create by name Boot-img(Date)(time)
    14) Place your stock boot.img in it and then come back to cmd window and press enter.
    15) Now replace necessary files from stock boot to boot-extracted (zimage, uevented.rc etc)
    16) Make changes in fstab file and other related files (for devices having emulated storage)
    17) After making all changes in android kitchen cmd window type "b" and press enter. This will compile boot.img and repack it and get saved in working folder.
    You can use to MTKbootimg Tool to Unpack and Repack boot.img

Link --> https://goo.gl/6NJJVx
    Thanks for the advice. I just tried it always turns out that problem .
    Look at the picture ... :(/QUOTE]

Try this patch by @jpower73 it worked for me. I kept hwcomposer from stock.

Use these particular files to solve green line in FB videos. Copy and paste (replace old) in "/system/lib/hw" folder :)

Credits : @jpower73
    How do I fix compass on Google maps? Its arrowhead is stuck on one position and never rotates. Compass/magnetic sensor works on all other apps except for Google maps.
    Also
    I have issue with video playback. I cannot stream videos from certain apps such as SonyLiv. However hotstar works fine. Also I have green YouTube videos problem on only certain few videos(with certian quality say 360p and/or live videos).
    Copy sensors.defaults.so from stock rom. Rename it to sensors.mt6592.so and place it in /system/lib/hw folder.

Also add compass/magnetometer permission xml file from /system/etc/permissions to ported rom.

There is streaming issue in some apps.

Use youtube app given in second post of @fire855 CM 13 thread.