• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Guide] Debranding/Fixing Honor Play to COR-L29 C636 (Works on Locked Bootloader)

Search This thread

shashank1320

Recognized Contributor
May 26, 2015
Delhi
Lets start with credit, Thanks to @Claritea for sharing this firmware which helped in fixing my Honor play with random config/display in about phone section.

I had a honor play with locked bootloader but it was garbled, in the sense, about phone section was messed up, there were lines on home screen and as it was demo version, I wouldn't be getting update on this phone but @Claritea helped me fixing this phone.

I had this in my about phone section (and bootloader was locked)
WyXSNkC.jpg

Download-
Main firmware- Link
Update ready file- Link

Instructions-
For Update ready file
1. Extract the files to your pc.
2. For the hw_spcseas_COR-L29 folder, you will get these files:
nmZighv.jpg
3. On your Flash Drive, please create a folder and name it “dload”.
4. Copy the update_sd.zip and the update sd.zip.asc and then paste it to the dload folder in the Flash Drive.
5. Once you finished pasting the files, connect your Flash Drive to your Phone, and go to the Dialer, and type *#*#2846579#*#*. You will get something like this:
iP7G3NC.jpg
6. Tap the “Software Upgrade”.
7. Tap the “SDCard Upgrade”, and then choose “OK”.
8. Wait for the phone to finish updating.
9. Once it finishes, you will need to sign in your Google Account for verification.
10. After the phone boot, you will see that the Build number changed. We can now proceed with the 2nd flashing.

Main firmware file-
*NOTES:
- Please make sure that you have done the 1st Flashing Procedure.
- Please delete the dload folder that we previously used in the Flash Drive.

2. Open the Cornell_L29A_8.2.0.101_C636CUSTC636D1_Firmware_Android_8.1.0_EMUI_8.2.0_050 folder, and look for the folder named “Software”.
3. Once you open the “Software” folder, you will see another folder named “dload”.
4. Copy the whole “dload” folder and paste it to your Flash Drive.
5. Once you finished pasting the files, connect your Flash Drive to your Phone, and go to the Dialer, and type *#*#2846579#*#*. You will get something like this:
8. Wait for the phone to finish updating. The second update will take more time to finish as it is flashing the full firmware.
9. Once it finishes, you will need to sign in your Google Account for verification.
10. After the phone boot, you will see that the Build number changed to 8.2.0.101 (C636).
11. Please go to the [Settings] > [System] > [System Update], and then, tap the three dots at the upper part of the screen. or simply click on check for updates and you should see a new update.
12. Please tap the “Download latest full package”. if you want to update or leave as it is as per your wish.

KtDMmcQ.jpg
AcWnPQO.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: mahfoozceecy
Jun 27, 2020
To Demand for Similar Firmware for PIE-AL00 (Honor Play)

Ok Shashank 1320 can you give me same type of Firmware file for my device. My device is in same situation showing PIE-AL00 and want to go to stock ROM COR-AL00(C675E2R1P9).
Previously my device(Honor Play) is re-branded from Indian Version to Chinese version and Showing IMEI 00000000000 chipset Boston and many things
But now at this time device situation is:-
Model- PIE
Build No.- Chipset-boston 7.0.0.001(00ZE)
EMUI Version -5.1
Android 7.0
Please Help...
Or
How Will you able to make this Firmware???

Jun 27, 2020
For hw_in_COR-AL00 update ready file

Ok can you give me the update ready file for hw_in_COR-AL00
I tried to flash service Firmware
HUAWEI HONOR PLAY COR-AL00 8.2.0.150(C675GT) COR-AL00I HW IN CORNELL-AL00I 8.2.0.150(C675CUSTC675D1GT) FIRMWARE 8.1.0 R1 EMUI8.2 05015JTT [ANDROIDHOST.RU].ZIP
downloaded from android host.ru
Please help I want to go to Indian Firmware
Please give me update ready file for above Firmware
That I given..
Please
Please.....

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Firmware finder

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Ok shashank1320
can you give me update ready file for this service (dload) Firmware
HUAWEI HONOR PLAY COR-AL00 8.2.0.150(C675GT) COR-AL00I HW IN CORNELL-AL00I 8.2.0.150(C675CUSTC675D1GT) FIRMWARE 8.1.0 R1 EMUI8.2 05015JTT [ANDROIDHOST.RU].ZIP
Downloaded from android host.ru
Please suggest me how you make the update ready file for COR-L29 either you give me the update ready file for COR-AL00 hw_in I am in trouble
When I flashed above Firmware then phone condition remains in Chinese..
And when I use you global COR-L29 C636 firmware with update ready file then all things changed to global..
But I don't want my device in global variant
My device is indian COR-AL00 hw_in C675
So please give me update ready file to flash the above Firmware that I downloaded from Android host.ru
Please provide update ready file for hw_in COR-AL00 C675
Its size is only 1.4 mb and how you guys made this update ready file...
I tried making this file but when flashes then it fails...
So please help

Reactions: Ujjwal _sharma

stephenvaz

Nov 6, 2019
Mumbai
I am trying to convert my recently converted Honor Play COR-L29(C636) to C432. Earlier this device was COR-AL00(C675) which I converted to L29(C636) by your guide. My main purpose for this was to get Widevine L1 which is available on the Europe version. I have learned that C432 does have Widevine L1 and would like to attempt the very same by flashing the first dload(which changes build number to Chipset Botson) and then flash this file (Huawei Honor Play COR-L29 Cornell-L29A 8.2.0.101(C432CUSTC432D2) Firmware Android 8.1.0 EMUI 8.2.0 05015FUC androidhost.ru). I'm flashing (8.2.0.101) because it worked the first time for AL00 to C636. If there is any help or caution you can provide then please do so.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lets start with credit, Thanks to @Claritea for sharing this firmware which helped in fixing my Honor play with random config/display in about phone section.

I had a honor play with locked bootloader but it was garbled, in the sense, about phone section was messed up, there were lines on home screen and as it was demo version, I wouldn't be getting update on this phone but @Claritea helped me fixing this phone.

I had this in my about phone section (and bootloader was locked)
    WyXSNkC.jpg

Download-
    Main firmware- Link
    Update ready file- Link

Instructions-
    For Update ready file
    2. For the hw_spcseas_COR-L29 folder, you will get these files:
    nmZighv.jpg
    3. On your Flash Drive, please create a folder and name it “dload”.
    4. Copy the update_sd.zip and the update sd.zip.asc and then paste it to the dload folder in the Flash Drive.
    iP7G3NC.jpg
    8. Wait for the phone to finish updating.
    10. After the phone boot, you will see that the Build number changed. We can now proceed with the 2nd flashing.

Main firmware file-
    *NOTES:
    - Please make sure that you have done the 1st Flashing Procedure.
    - Please delete the dload folder that we previously used in the Flash Drive.

2. Open the Cornell_L29A_8.2.0.101_C636CUSTC636D1_Firmware_Android_8.1.0_EMUI_8.2.0_050 folder, and look for the folder named “Software”.
    3. Once you open the “Software” folder, you will see another folder named “dload”.
    4. Copy the whole “dload” folder and paste it to your Flash Drive.
    8. Wait for the phone to finish updating. The second update will take more time to finish as it is flashing the full firmware.
    10. After the phone boot, you will see that the Build number changed to 8.2.0.101 (C636).
    11. Please go to the [Settings] > [System] > [System Update], and then, tap the three dots at the upper part of the screen. or simply click on check for updates and you should see a new update.
    12. Please tap the “Download latest full package”. if you want to update or leave as it is as per your wish.

KtDMmcQ.jpg
    AcWnPQO.jpg
    How did you do it? Did you rename the files maybe?
    What firmware did you have installed before?

i just bought the phone. it was on emui 8.2 b103 i guess.
    i just did as the guide said.
    For hw_in_COR-AL00 update ready file

Ok can you give me the update ready file for hw_in_COR-AL00
    I tried to flash service Firmware
    downloaded from android host.ru
    Please help I want to go to Indian Firmware
    Please give me update ready file for above Firmware
    That I given..
    Please
    Please.....

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:03 PM ----------

Firmware finder

Sent from my YAL-L21 using Tapatalk

Ok shashank1320
    can you give me update ready file for this service (dload) Firmware
    Downloaded from android host.ru
    Please suggest me how you make the update ready file for COR-L29 either you give me the update ready file for COR-AL00 hw_in I am in trouble
    When I flashed above Firmware then phone condition remains in Chinese..
    And when I use you global COR-L29 C636 firmware with update ready file then all things changed to global..
    But I don't want my device in global variant
    My device is indian COR-AL00 hw_in C675
    So please give me update ready file to flash the above Firmware that I downloaded from Android host.ru
    Please provide update ready file for hw_in COR-AL00 C675
    Its size is only 1.4 mb and how you guys made this update ready file...
    I tried making this file but when flashes then it fails...
    So please help