[Guide] Debranding to India variant BLN-L22 (successful case)- Noob Friendly

Search This thread

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
After trying every single one on firmware finder and nothing working I tried from different sites and they only gave the 'update.app' so I can't still make it work and neither did I find the emui 8.X rom, I can't believe my bad luck lol
If you are refering to the Main update.zip B340 version, I have no trouble with the very first link of post #1 : https://mega.nz/#!qYtlzawK!Ab86GUO40JpUZ8scGnaIszhA-3gf6bN4NdfuHb8IeBU

if the download starts but stops after a while:
- Install the "mega" extension for your browser
- and generally with other website (including formware finder database) a downloader software is helfpul (Jdownloader is good)

Let me know, in worst case I have the file!

Orbitluv

Mar 1, 2021
If you are refering to the Main update.zip B340 version, I have no trouble with the very first link of post #1 : https://mega.nz/#!qYtlzawK!Ab86GUO40JpUZ8scGnaIszhA-3gf6bN4NdfuHb8IeBU

if the download starts but stops after a while:
- Install the "mega" extension for your browser
- and generally with other website (including formware finder database) a downloader software is helfpul (Jdownloader is good)

Let me know, in worst case I have the file!
Thank you, you're really helping me and I appreciate that but I meant the BLN-L22 firmware with 1.6 to 2.5gb of size, I attached pics so you can see too. I'm really trying my best to find it but it's like a needle in a haystack :(
Screenshot 2021-03-01 210807.png
Screenshot 2021-03-01 210736.png

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
I remember that "http://update.hicloud.com" has changed in url to the database lately, I'lll have a look, can't find the woraround anymore. The fact is that @Kentoto2021 juste download this file few days ago as stated here . He'll tell us if issue (except very long downloading time)

a question to @shashank1320 about its update of post #1
Please flash the OEMINFO and Custom bin from - https://mega.nz/#!qYtlzawK!Ab86GUO40JpUZ8scGnaIszhA-3gf6bN4NdfuHb8IeBU via TWRP
and then flash the B340 update.app file from download section via dload method. if you face any issue, follow entire guide for other way of doing this.
I am very sorry, but I'm not sure WHERE in the guide those steps have to be done, and instead of which ones ?? Including them inside the guide (maybe as an alterbative in "()" ) would be very more clear, to me at least ;). It seems to me that it can avoid @Orbitluv his issue download, isn't it ?

thx

Last edited:

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
Just had a look to the firmware database:

BLN-L22 has some not old at all full OTA ( BLN-L22C675B530 (8.0.0.530) compared to the B340 of this thread here), getting it with Firmware Finder (on Windows) could help, no ? @ shashank1320

Last edited:

Orbitluv

Mar 1, 2021
I'm gonna try in the next few days as I'm busy right now but thank you so much! I'm updating when I try it too

Kentoto2021

Feb 22, 2021
I try to reach the url database, indeed all firmware links isn't working. I don't know why maybe they update their server or got problems, and I already removed the 3 files of BL22 I download last time so I can't put it somewhere on the cloud for future people who want to debrand. Sorry 😔
I only got the BLN-LHN22 for EMUI 8 ZIP, not the normal BLN-L22

Orbitluv

Mar 1, 2021
I try to reach the url database, indeed all firmware links isn't working. I don't know why maybe they update their server or got problems, and I already removed the 3 files of BL22 I download last time so I can't put it somewhere on the cloud for future people who want to debrand. Sorry 😔
I only got the BLN-LHN22 for EMUI 8 ZIP, not the normal BLN-L22
I guess that means I can no longer debrand lmao, thank you so much anyways! What you did probably helped lots and lots of people so you should be proud :)

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
I guess that means I can no longer debrand lmao, thank you so much anyways! What you did probably helped lots and lots of people so you should be proud :)
Here are the files I have on my hard drive for this debrand:

Main update.zip B340 version/update.zip
update_data_full_BLN-L22_channel_in.zip
oeminfo-BLN-L22C675B340.zip
REBRAND TO BLN-L22.zip

Tell me wich ones to put on a cloud for you guys....

If really thos files are not enough, you can try to debrand to chinese version, and not indian one. A guide is in the forum here.

Last edited:

Orbitluv

Mar 1, 2021
Here are the files I have on my hard drive for this debrand:

oeminfo-BLN-L22C675B340.zip
REBRAND TO BLN-L22.zip

Tell me wich ones to put on a cloud for you guys....

If really thos files are not enough, you can try to debrand to chinese version, and not indian one. A guide is in the forum here.
Ohh, the first two!! "Main update.zip B340 version/update.zip", and "update_data_full_BLN-L22_channel_in.zip" are the ones I need, if you can upload them I would be so grateful

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
Last edited:
Reactions: deftonesforever

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
OK lads, I tried the Fast way, it worked for BLN-L21 to BLN-L22:

1) Save the OEM info with Huawei Multi-tool V7 as described in post #1

2)
Please flash the OEMINFO and Custom bin from - https://mega.nz/#!qYtlzawK!Ab86GUO40JpUZ8scGnaIszhA-3gf6bN4NdfuHb8IeBU via TWRP
and then flash the B340 update.app file from download section via dload method.

3) at reboot after dload updating, try to hold volume up, to first restart in recovery mode in order to wipe data/factory reset and wipe Cache. (First normal reboot was in a new EMUI 5 bootlogo, but it asked me a decrypt key for data, solved by wipe data/factiory reset and wipe cache in emui-recovery)

4) Follow setup wizard (ignore wifi connexion if as me you have a huawei keyborad issue to enter wifi password)

A way faster than the whole method in post #1, Thanks @shashank1320

still have the ADB device offline issue, i'll try from another computer !! If it doesn't solvez it, I won't be able to use ADB, so will be blocked for further update and flahing :(

Last edited:

Orbitluv

Mar 1, 2021
Reactions: Djiban

LDP12

Nov 28, 2018
Cape Town
@Orbitluv , here they are:

@shashank1320 you can use those links in addition to the official ones in post #1, I'll leave them online. By the way, I still wonder exactly when in the process, I have to TWRP flash the the OEMINFO and Custom bin files from your update in post #1. Thx
Hi everyone,

My downloads keep restarting after reaching a certain point. Does anyone have any other links to these two files?

Thanks to everyone for their efforts by the way.

EDIT: Apologies, used JDownloader and it worked

EDIT: Cannot extract update_data_full_BLN-L22_channel_in.zip it says it is corrupted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Djiban

Djiban

Aug 22, 2014
Saint Remy les chevreuse
Hi everyone,

My downloads keep restarting after reaching a certain point. Does anyone have any other links to these two files?

Thanks to everyone for their efforts by the way.

EDIT: Apologies, used JDownloader and it worked

EDIT: Cannot extract update_data_full_BLN-L22_channel_in.zip it says it is corrupted.
Please retry download, cause I just checked the file online, and it's proper

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update-
    and then flash the B340 update.app file from download section via dload method. if you face any issue, follow entire guide for other way of doing this.

Initial credits to @uditshah for his guide and @sanjay.rup in sorting my issues at start itself while I was not sure whether to go or not and giving me correct oeminfo file. and all fellow members, and few to name @gopinaidu77 @adriansticoid @RedSkull23 who always helped/supported and encouraged me.

This guide will work 100% if followed correctly. This was tested myself couple of nights back and I successfully debranded or rebranded, as few say, to BLN-L22 from BLN-AL10.
    Old version - BLN-AL10C00B379
    New version- BLN-L22C675C340

Hi Folks,

Saw many post earlier on MM for debranding to other variant, especially from China variant to EU or Indian version and few of the worked FF but not for all. It never worked for Nougat and we all were struggling, at least to debrand China variant. So in this post, we will mainly focus on EMUI 5.0 or Nougat version for debranding. Few days back, a guide was posted which was very good and helped me to debrand mine. Yes, I faced few issues while following it and for once I was stuck with
    • Phone Locked
    • FRP Locked.

That was the moment I though It will never come up but yeah there was a hope as I never saw FRP on my Chinese variant and it all started from there and in this I will share the, almost full proof, detailed steps to debrand.

Prerequisites-
    • Have a full TWRP backup on your current model and store on PC/SD card.
    • Files for the new model (BLN-L22 variant)
    • Memory card with at least 8 GB space.
    • Firmware finder tool to get the files (preferable on PC)
    • Huawei multi tool
    • Working PC and of course, Honor 6X
    • Most important- PATIENCE. Do not panic. It will take max 2 hours including downloads, backup, restore, flash etc. (may vary depend on your download speed)

Shall we start? Let’s go further and do it now.

Downloads-
    OEMINFO
    -https://mega.nz/#!eBECSYKZ!rte1IxPYuw3Y0NVcySOFy23tXWXoR6vBBo46iJ6JlEw

Main update.zip B340 version - http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/data/files/p3/s15/G1190/g79/v94286/f1/full/update.zip

Data file for B340 (This is required for putting updater app and other stuff on phone or you won’t get updater)-
    http://update.hicloud.com:8180/TDS/...el_in/update_data_full_BLN-L22_channel_in.zip

Huawei Multi Tool- https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=19002#downloads (Version V7 zip)

Firmware Finder app on PC – this is not required as I have given the link above. You can still download it for future usage- http://hwmt.ru/hwmtsite/huawei-firmware-finder/ (download for PC) or direct link- http://pro-teammt.ru/projects/hwff/GetLatestVersion.action

Steps-
    Unlocking bootloader/rooting and MT tool instalaltion-

• Unlock your bootloader, flash custom recovery and root it with this https://xdaforums.com/honor-6x/how-to/root-huawei-honor-6x-install-twrp-t3671822
    • Backup backup backup your current phone in TWRP.
    • Installation of Tool installation and backing up current OEM Info file-
    • Download Huawei Multi Tool from this XDA thread https://xdaforums.com/honor-8/development/tool-huawei-multi-tool-team-mt-t3523923 , direct download link https://xdaforums.com/devdb/project/?id=19002#downloads select V7 zip, extract it and go to the folder.
    • Run by double clicking the bat file as below
      P2ZBRq1.png
    • Once the tool is running you will see the device connected as below (It will show your phone’s serial number) – Note: (I have not connected my device here, as I dindt was to flash the file again, so it wont show any device ID and just a random data)
      USaxNd0.png
    • Follow step by step images below to backup your current oeminfo file (path of the backup is the folder where you ran the bat file above\backup) in my case it was C:\Users\Downloads\Compressed\Huawei_Multi-Tool_by_Team_MT_v7\Huawei_Multi-Tool_by_Team_MT\Backup
      Changing vendor/country- input 7
      5ym6I7D.png
      Selecting device- input 6X or 6x
      xJ4xMtP.png
      Save or restore OEMINFO - input 1
      XLpyKUZ.png
      Saving OEMINFO- input 1
      dyAbXr8.png
      Confirmation screen for saving the OEM INFO File.
      jHUcXny.png
    • Just make a copy of this file to some other folder, as same folder will be used for a new oeminfo file for new model.

Till now, we have just backed up ourselves so that in case we run into a situation where unbale to boot further or stuck, this will be handy to restore.

Let’s proceed with actual rebranding now.

• Extract the Main zip file, you will get 4 files as below, copy all of them to SD card/ External memory card under “dload” folder.
      pPqxHYS.png
    • Extract the Data file zip, you will get 5 files as below, copy all of them to SD card/ External memory card under “dload-data” folder.
      wx6DXZ8.png
    • Rename the downloaded oeminfo file to oeminfo: oeminfo-BLN-L22C675B340.zip -->> oeminfo.zip
    • Copy the OEFMINFO file for new variant (BLN-L22) to backup folder of Multi tool where you backed up the original oeminfo of your original model. (above path - C:\Users\Downloads\Compressed\Huawei_Multi-Tool_by_Team_MT_v7\Huawei_Multi-Tool_by_Team_MT\Backup)
    • Run the Huawei multi tool again same as above but this time, instead of backup of oeminfo, it will be option 2 to restore the file.
    • It should show the progress and confirm the download/restore complete. If this is failed, PELASE DO NOT PROCEED FURTHER and ask in comment section below.
    • Once OEMINFO restore is successful, you have the oeminfo of new version flash on your model.
    • Now reboot to fastboot, you will most probably see below status (don’t panic that’s normal now)
    Phone- LOCKED
    FRP- LOCKED
    • Remove the USB and Power off the phone by pressing power key now.
    • Use dload method now i.e. press Volume up + Volume down+ Power key together. Stock recovery should start flashing the files (Note- Do not just put the Update.app in dload and need all 4 files mentioned above)
    • Phone will verify the package and start installation. It will take only couple of minutes for 100% flash and phone will reboot.
    • Phone will boot but most probably give you the black screen only, for few minutes. Just waif for 3-4 minutes. (as mentioned, do not panic here as well)
    • Press power key to turn off the phone.
    • Take out the memory card and delete dload folder or rename to “dload-main”.
    • Rename the folder “dload-data” to dload.
    • Insert the SD card.
    • Use dload method now i.e. press Volume up + Volume down+ Power key together. Stock recovery should start flashing the files (Note- Do not just put the Update.app in dload and need all 5 files mentioned above)
    • This will take 30-40 seconds maximum to flash.
    • Once this is flashed, phone will reboot and ask you to set up the phone.
    • Unlike the China variant or other which may or may not ask for Google account setup, this may ask but you can skip it by skipping the Wi-Fi connection and removing the sim card so that no data is there to connect.
    • Follow the on screen instruction and Setup the phone.
    BINGO. You are on BLN-L22 now and it will support Jio VOLTE and other stuff that other Honor 6X phones has for BLN-L22 (you are no longer other BLL, BLN model anymore and on BLN-L22)

This took me exactly 207 minutes to compile this guide and then 15-20 minutes in drafting on XDA, after I personally faced many issues but as mentioned, do not panic and proceed step by step and you would achieve what you wished for. Comment below on your experience and share if any modification is needed to the guide, I will do, but as per my knowledge, this is what I could prepare best for any NOOB user who doesn’t even know what root or anything is.

U9Ynco9.png

Share your thoughts on guide and ask any question when you stuck.

Note-
    • This was tested from BLN-AL10 to BLN-L22
    • This may work from any model/variant to BLN-L22 (most probably without any issues)
    • This should work for all BLL models as well, because there are no restriction on Hardware part.

Good luck and enjoy.

Just so it's more clear for anyone coming to this thread late, the newest method is four steps:

1. Bootloader unlock, install TWRP, root
    2. Use TWRP to flash the REBRAND TO BLN-L22 .zip (in zip form still) via the usual install method. [download link]
    3. Use the dload method to update the "main update.zip B340 version [download link]
    4. THEN use the dload method to apply the "data file for B340" [download link]

Links are all the same as provided by OP, so follow his if you have already. For steps 3 and 4, follow the instructions in the original OP post for copying to SD card and renaming folders per the steps outlined there.

Having ADB installed already is required for steps 1 (see the guide from same OP which is linked). The Multi-Tool step is no longer required, but that software is handy for installing the correct Huawei drivers and automagic'ing the steps for bootloader unlock, so it's potentially worth it if you don't already have the Huawei device drivers installed.

This process worked for me as of today on a US BLN-L24 - but initially I was skipping #4 and thus I was ending up with the "NRD90M.TEST.KEYS" build instead of the correct BLN-22 build.
    Flash the 2nd data file given in OP. It should be fine. I too had same issue, its just blank screen if i get it right, exactly same as mine when i debrnaded from China to India

Hey man. I didn't know what to do and I unlocked the bootloader and it actually booted.

Anyways. Man your guides are hella detailed and we as noobs really appreciate your hard work. Thanks man for doing this for us. Successfully installed Oreo thanks to you.
    Appreciate it.
    Multi tool 8 does not have debrand option?
    You can use multi tool 7 from multi tool 8 page.
    Hello all,

Does anyone have a working link or can send me the file for the Huawei multi tool? Need to restore oem info on my device but can find no working link. Any help appreciated, thanks.

the old multi tool (v7) can be found at http://pro-teammt.ru/huawei-multi-tool-en-old/