[GUIDE] Decrypt Android 11 MIUI rom on POCO X2/Redmi K30

Search This thread

saginesht

• Oct 14, 2013
    Kanyakumari
    I will tell u the steps to properly decrypt android 11 miui stable or latest xiaomi.eu rom of Poco X2

Backup everything to PC .... U will need to format data...... try Migrate app for app backup.....

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Windows PC with minimal adb & fastboot to hotboot recovery
    2. system_rw.zip , decrypt.zip and magisk 22.zip (optional).
    3. Latest Android 11 Miui global stable or xiaomi.eu rom installed poco x2 or redmi k30 device.
    4. Official TWRP installed & twrp.img for hotbooting

STEPS:
    1. Make sure you are in latest android 11 miui global stable or xiaomi.eu rom.. Download all files and Store in computer. Transfer system_rw.zip to phone.

2. U will need to boot to bootloader and load recovery by using
    fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
    fastboot boot twrp.img

Hotbooting recovery allows to decrypt data with password. ( You dont need to hotboot recovery on latest xiaomi.eu beta.. it supports twrp decryption. Just reboot to recovery)

3. Flash system_rw.zip and wait it takes time to convert system as rw... Reboot after finishing....

4. Hotboot to twrp recovery again using fastboot boot twrp.img and got to wipe and format data...... and reboot to recovery.... connect to pc and copy decrypt.zip to phone and go to mounts and mount odm and flash decrypt.zip (optional : Flash magisk or delete install_recovery.sh from /etc if on miui global stable to prevent twrp getting replaced by stock recovery)

5. Reboot....

Now you have a decrypted data partition.....

You have to repeat this steps everytime you flash a new rom but you dont need to hotboot recovery as you have decrypted data....
    Tested only in MIUI Roms... This method Should work in All Android 11 roms...

Source Links:
    Decrypting Tool
    makeSystemRW
    TWRP for POCO X2
    Magisk
    Minimal Adb & Fastboot
    Migrate App

Attachments

• decrypt.zip
      4.8 MB · Views: 74
    • system_rw.zip
      3.3 MB · Views: 61
    Last edited:
    • Love
    Reactions: Somo22 and arifn82

saginesht

• Oct 14, 2013
    Kanyakumari
    Decrypted latest Xiaomi.eu beta 21.4.1 Rom

IMG_20210404_230421.jpg

Somo22

May 15, 2021
    Hi
    I want thank you for the hard work
    I did every step but still did not work with my Poco X2
    I will attach the screenshots
    I hope you can help me

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-05-15-05-48-53-295_com.android.settings.jpg
      Screenshot_2021-05-15-05-48-53-295_com.android.settings.jpg
      62 KB · Views: 28
    • Screenshot_2021-05-15-05-34-27-063_com.android.settings.jpg
      Screenshot_2021-05-15-05-34-27-063_com.android.settings.jpg
      136.6 KB · Views: 20
    • Screenshot_2021-05-15-05-35-06-759_com.android.settings.jpg
      Screenshot_2021-05-15-05-35-06-759_com.android.settings.jpg
      40.6 KB · Views: 29
    • 186486432_319277126494262_1945698024303843102_n.jpg
      186486432_319277126494262_1945698024303843102_n.jpg
      109 KB · Views: 34
    • 186508484_378439833480775_828957631648629280_n.jpg
      186508484_378439833480775_828957631648629280_n.jpg
      110.7 KB · Views: 34

Somo22

May 15, 2021
    Sry missed a step... U need to wipe data before flashing decrypt zip ... Edited the tutorial
    Thanks for your reply, but did you see the screenshot No.4, the installation of system_rw.zip was successful
    but at the same times the partition details saying failed to mount system, vendor, product (Invalid argument) So is this an error or its normal ?

Edit: I did wipe and format data before flash decrypt.zip but when I reboot to recovery it was the stock recovery not TWRP

Edit 2 : finally I successes to decrypted my phone and the error (partition details failed to mount system, vendor, product (Invalid argument) also gone by using orange fox recovery and rename it to twrp I did same as your steps but after I did format for data I had to fastboot boot twrp.img again since my phone keeps reboot to the stock recovery after that I copy decrypt.zip to phone and mount odm then flash decrypt.zip

Last edited:
    Reactions: saginesht

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
      I will tell u the steps to properly decrypt android 11 miui stable or latest xiaomi.eu rom of Poco X2

Backup everything to PC .... U will need to format data...... try Migrate app for app backup.....

REQUIREMENTS:

1. Windows PC with minimal adb & fastboot to hotboot recovery
      2. system_rw.zip , decrypt.zip and magisk 22.zip (optional).
      3. Latest Android 11 Miui global stable or xiaomi.eu rom installed poco x2 or redmi k30 device.
      4. Official TWRP installed & twrp.img for hotbooting

STEPS:
      1. Make sure you are in latest android 11 miui global stable or xiaomi.eu rom.. Download all files and Store in computer. Transfer system_rw.zip to phone.

2. U will need to boot to bootloader and load recovery by using
      fastboot flash recovery twrp.img
      fastboot boot twrp.img

Hotbooting recovery allows to decrypt data with password. ( You dont need to hotboot recovery on latest xiaomi.eu beta.. it supports twrp decryption. Just reboot to recovery)

3. Flash system_rw.zip and wait it takes time to convert system as rw... Reboot after finishing....

4. Hotboot to twrp recovery again using fastboot boot twrp.img and got to wipe and format data...... and reboot to recovery.... connect to pc and copy decrypt.zip to phone and go to mounts and mount odm and flash decrypt.zip (optional : Flash magisk or delete install_recovery.sh from /etc if on miui global stable to prevent twrp getting replaced by stock recovery)

5. Reboot....

Now you have a decrypted data partition.....

You have to repeat this steps everytime you flash a new rom but you dont need to hotboot recovery as you have decrypted data....
      Tested only in MIUI Roms... This method Should work in All Android 11 roms...

Source Links:
      Decrypting Tool
      makeSystemRW
      TWRP for POCO X2
      Magisk
      Minimal Adb & Fastboot
      Migrate App
      Hi
      I want thank you for the hard work
      I did every step but still did not work with my Poco X2
      I will attach the screenshots
      I hope you can help me
      Sry missed a step... U need to wipe data before flashing decrypt zip ... Edited the tutorial
      Thanks for your reply, but did you see the screenshot No.4, the installation of system_rw.zip was successful
      but at the same times the partition details saying failed to mount system, vendor, product (Invalid argument) So is this an error or its normal ?

Edit: I did wipe and format data before flash decrypt.zip but when I reboot to recovery it was the stock recovery not TWRP

Edit 2 : finally I successes to decrypted my phone and the error (partition details failed to mount system, vendor, product (Invalid argument) also gone by using orange fox recovery and rename it to twrp I did same as your steps but after I did format for data I had to fastboot boot twrp.img again since my phone keeps reboot to the stock recovery after that I copy decrypt.zip to phone and mount odm then flash decrypt.zip