Lets say you are sleeping and that your phone is set to silent mode because.... well you are sleeping and you don't want to be disturbed... except if there is someone specific calling, you want it to ring (girlfriend/boyfriend, your kids, etc). This can easily be done with Tasker and will take you approximately 2-5 minutes if you are a beginner:
- Open Tasker and go in the Profiles page
- Create a new profile (Click on the + sign)
- Add a name to your profile, in this example "Ring if"
- Navigate the "Event" triggers, then select the "Phone" category and the "Phone Ringing" event
- In the Event Edit page, click on the magnifying glass next to "Caller" then select "A Single Contact" and the desired contact from your contacts list
- In the Event Edit page, click on your back button to save your settings, this will bring you back to the Profiles page
- Click "add a task" and add a name to your task, in this example "Ring Loud"
- In the Task Edit page, click the + sign to add an action
- Select the "Audio" category and then the "Ringer Volume" action.
- In the Action Edit menu, select desired ringer level, in this example Maximum (7)
- Click your back button to save your settings this will bring you back to the Task Edit page
- Click your back button again to save your task and go back to the Profiles page
- Make sure your profile is turned on and that Tasker is enabled
Last edited by a moderator: