• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] Dolby + Viper4Android FX [Magisk][8.1/8.0]

Search This thread

ASP02

Aug 22, 2014
So I have seen a lot of comments about people not able to get Dolby and Viper both running at the same time on their device..
Just thought about making a quick guide for whoever needs it...

*I'm not responsible For any Damage or Bricks*
*Do at your own risk*
Mostly there won't be any problems if you do as directed

1. Download Dolby Atmos for Oreo from here:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/app-dolby-atmos-axon-7-oreo-port-t3740508/page255

2. Download Viper4Android from here(DONT DOWNLOAD THE XHIFI version) :
https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-viper4android-fx-2-5-0-5-t3577058

3. Download Audio Modification Library from magisk downloads...(Just search it will pop)
Don't flash just download the zip.

4. Go to magisk>Moduled and select the '+' option and navigate to where I have downloaded Dolby And Flash Dolby Atmos..and then reboot...and check if Dolby is installed(Rebooting here is Mandatory)

5. After reboot check if Dolby is installed..Now go again to magisk and add Viper4Android and flash... carefully input the volume keys as asked...Select latest version 2.5.0.5..and select whichever UI of viper u want (I prefer original)

6. No need of Rebooting .. Similarly add Audio Modification Library and flash ...It should detect Viper as well as Dolby..

7. Now reboot and both viper and Dolby should be up and running...Change presets to suit Ur need..

I DONT HOLD ANY CREDITS FOR THE ABOVE PROVIDED LINKS....THE FULL CREDIT GOES TO THE DEVS..

Tested Only on OREO..
Hit thanks if it helped:laugh:

Last edited:

killernimo

May 18, 2018
So I have seen a lot of comments about people not able to get Dolby and Viper both running at the same time on their device..

*Do at your own risk*

https://forum.xda-developers.com/android/software/app-dolby-atmos-axon-7-oreo-port-t3740508/page255

https://forum.xda-developers.com/apps/magisk/module-viper4android-fx-2-5-0-5-t3577058

3. Download Audio Modification Library from magisk downloads...(Just search it will pop)

4. Go to magisk>Moduled and select the '+' option and navigate to where I have downloaded Dolby And Flash Dolby Atmos..and then reboot...and check if Dolby is installed(Rebooting here is Mandatory)

5. After reboot check if Dolby is installed..Now go again to magisk and add Viper4Android and flash... carefully input the volume keys as asked...Select latest version 2.5.0.5..and select whichever UI of viper u want (I prefer original)

6. No need of Rebooting .. Similarly add Audio Modification Library and flash ...It should detect Viper as well as Dolby..

7. Now reboot and both viper and Dolby should be up and running...Change presets to suit Ur need..

I DONT HOLD ANY CREDITS FOR THE ABOVE PROVIDED LINKS....THE FULL CREDIT GOES TO THE DEVS..

Tested Only on OREO..
Great. Both are working like a charm in my AEX ROM. He personally guided me for installation. Thank you very much.

Last edited:

nipunsdaddy

Dec 1, 2017

*Do at your own risk*

Tested Only on OREO..

Is it ok if i install Viper before atmos??
I have Viper already installed in my Mi a1. Im too afraid to brick my phone or get stuck at bootloop if i dont "exactly" follow your footsteps..:eek::eek:

Looking forword to yr answers. Thanks a lot...

ASP02

Aug 22, 2014
I have Viper already installed in my Mi a1. Im too afraid to brick my phone or get stuck at bootloop if i dont "exactly" follow your footsteps..:eek::eek:

Looking forword to answers. Thanks a lot...
It cause issues if viper is installed first...hence I recommend using Dolby first
You could uninstall viper and reinstall it using the guide.
Or if it is a magisk module just disable it

Reactions: nipunsdaddy

nipunsdaddy

Dec 1, 2017
It cause issues if viper is installed first...hence I recommend using Dolby first

I uninstalled viper first and followed yr guide. It worked!!!
Thanks very much.
i have a few more questions to ask.
1. Both sound mods doesn't seem to be working when i connect USB DAC cable. any solutions??
2. when the mods updates become available, how can i install them? repeat yr. guide from start or choose to install the update at will.
Big Thanks for answers.. ;);)

ASP02

Aug 22, 2014
Thanks very much.
1. Both sound mods doesn't seem to be working when i connect USB DAC cable. any solutions??
2. when the mods updates become available, how can i install them? repeat yr. guide from start or choose to install the update at will.
1. I dont think it works on the micro usb port ..only speaker and headphones...
2. The Dolby mod is at is ...no development...but viper gets updated...so just update through magisk update and install and reboot....if it doesn't work try flashing AML again

Reactions: nipunsdaddy

chcknsld

Jan 18, 2015
Wow it works! Thanks for this guide. I never knew ViPER could be updated this far. I was stuck at ARISE which was pretty much outdated.

Ayman ae

Mar 16, 2015
Well this didn't work on stock 7. 0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181012-180523.jpeg
    Screenshot_20181012-180523.jpeg
    144.4 KB · Views: 912

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

*Do at your own risk*

Tested Only on OREO..

Looking forword to answers. Thanks a lot...
    will this mod increase call sound volume?
    No it's only for phone speaker... headphone..and Bluetooth volume
    Thanks very much.
    1. I dont think it works on the micro usb port ..only speaker and headphones...
    2. The Dolby mod is at is ...no development...but viper gets updated...so just update through magisk update and install and reboot....if it doesn't work try flashing AML again
    can i install ainur sauron too? if yes, what's the order? reboot or not reboot after install sauron? thanks for answers.
    U can install it after installing viper and rebooting..but AML should be installed at the end of installing all mods