Search This thread

GVOC

May 31, 2015
I want to downgrade for Android 7
Now I'm running Android O
CID-HTC__J15
MID-2PS620000
S-OFF

I would like to know which firmware and RUU are correct for my version. I saw so many links to versions in the forum that I was a bit confused.

______________________________edit______________________________

I researched and will ask you to please correct me if I am wrong.
The correct firmware and RUU version for my device is: 2.41.401.41

Last edited:

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
I want to downgrade for Android 7
Now I'm running Android O
CID-HTC__J15
MID-2PS620000
S-OFF

I would like to know which firmware and RUU are correct for my version. I saw so many links to versions in the forum that I was a bit confused.

______________________________edit______________________________

I researched and will ask you to please correct me if I am wrong.
The correct firmware and RUU version for my device is: 2.41.401.41

Correct

Reactions: GVOC

yellowhornet13

May 24, 2016
NI
HTC U12+
Hello,
I want to downgrade from Android O to Android N

CID-HTC__34
mid: 2PS620000
S-ON

I went through the script, but don't understand this:
"Two methods for S-ON or S-OFF device, please do it under Nougat 7.0 firmware installed"

what should I do to start?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Hello,
I want to downgrade from Android O to Android N

CID-HTC__34
mid: 2PS620000
S-ON

I went through the script, but don't understand this:
"Two methods for S-ON or S-OFF device, please do it under Nougat 7.0 firmware installed"

what should I do to start?

Start with the knowledge which bootloader you have, are you S-ON or S-OFF, if you don't know the difference than please read up more and acquire more knowledge. Google on the root ninja s-off HTC10 and it will be clear.

Once you know that you follow the correct procedure to downgrade. Put in some effort and you will succeed

yellowhornet13

May 24, 2016
NI
HTC U12+
Start with the knowledge which bootloader you have, are you S-ON or S-OFF, if you don't know the difference than please read up more and acquire more knowledge. Google on the root ninja s-off HTC10 and it will be clear.

Once you know that you follow the correct procedure to downgrade. Put in some effort and you will succeed

As above, I'm S-ON, and it is not the issue.
Once again - i've read the script and don't understand one thing - please read again carrefully my request.
I'm on Oreo firmware but the script seas - must be Nougat firmware - how to do this?

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
As above, I'm S-ON, and it is not the issue.
Once again - i've read the script and don't understand one thing - please read again carrefully my request.
I'm on Oreo firmware but the script seas - must be Nougat firmware - how to do this?

Well you asked about the 2 methods, s-on and off so start with the s-on procedure, obsolete question right ?

Next is to obtain the nougat firmware that's meant for your device and again follow the procedures......and as along i read it it's about deleting the persist part and that is separate in relation to downgrading itself. So downgrade to nougat and then follow the command to erase the persist for s-on.

Keep reading.

Last edited:

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
what about bootloader - must be unlocked or locked?
For what?
The downgrade guide in the other thread you're posting in gives instructions.
If that's what you're referring to...
For the s-on process, Twrp recovery is required (as noted in the guide) and can only be installed if you are bootloader unlocked.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

yellowhornet13

May 24, 2016
NI
HTC U12+
For what?
The downgrade guide in the other thread you're posting in gives instructions.
If that's what you're referring to...
For the s-on process, Twrp recovery is required (as noted in the guide) and can only be installed if you are bootloader unlocked.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

u are right , i got TWRP
I was refering to houston script:
quote - Edit2:// Pro-Tip: Use S-Off, Locked if using Sunshine!

Last edited:

frostnicko

Feb 8, 2015
Baku
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Guys i have a problem. I want to downgrade to marsmallow. i wrote 1.95.401.1 with HTC version tool and rebooted to recovery and flashed 1.95.401.1 Hosd File for Marsmallow ruu. But now i press and hold power and vol.down buttons and recovery mod not working. boolotader not working. i wiped system .so phone havent system and phone stuck htc logo. i need help ;(

Mr Hofs

Sep 10, 2011
Guys i have a problem. I want to downgrade to marsmallow. i wrote 1.95.401.1 with HTC version tool and rebooted to recovery and flashed 1.95.401.1 Hosd File for Marsmallow ruu. But now i press and hold power and vol.down buttons and recovery mod not working. boolotader not working. i wiped system .so phone havent system and phone stuck htc logo. i need help ;(

Well it's a great find that this method should work fine but it's bound to happen that a few or more will properly brick their device.

If it can't boot to anything there is nothing we can do. Try all sorts of button combos as that's the only thing you actually can do.

frostnicko

Feb 8, 2015
Baku
Samsung Galaxy S21+
Well it's a great find that this method should work fine but it's bound to happen that a few or more will properly brick their device.

If it can't boot to anything there is nothing we can do. Try all sorts of button combos as that's the only thing you actually can do.

i solved the problem. i booted to fastboot and flashed Nougat hosd images and i can acces recovery, download mode. i copied ruu file to sd card and now i flashing .

Reactions: Mr Hofs

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
OnePlus 9
OnePlus 9 Pro
I tried power+ vol down but didnt work.i read in comments and tried power+ vol up+vol down and bootloader worked
That button combo always makes it boot bootloader unless you've bricked your device. These simple things ,anyone should know prior to doing any flashing or fastboot work period. Going blindly into situations could definitely leave you without a device.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    EDIT: For all of you that are wondering what the "fused" flag in download mode means, it's something related to the file system. Just read that
    https://www.xda-developers.com/divi...les-fuse-replacement-will-reduce-io-overhead/

Hi XDA community.
    Just feel free to post any problems you have and we will try to resolve them.

Two methods for S-ON or S-OFF device, please do it under Nougat 7.0 firmware installed. This refers we have to downgrade to nougat first and the running those commands.

S-ON only
    1. Reboot to TWRP recovery
    2. Use the command below to erase persist partition

Code:
    adb shell 
    dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/persist

S-OFF only
    1. Reboot to bootloader (not download)
    2. Use the command below to erase persist partition

Code:
    fastboot erase persist

Is that possible to downgrade without S-OFF??
    Please watch the video, HTC 10 can downgrade in the same method!!!

PS. This video is for HTC One M9, please use Nougat RUU/firmware for HTC 10 to do downgrading.

Credits for @sappro
    ------------------ GO FROM US UNLOCKED TO EUROPEAN OREO-----------------

This is for all people who are in US Oreo and are having stability issues. Be noticed you need S-OFF on your phone.

(OUTDATED) GO FROM US UNLOCKED TO EUROPEAN OREO

EDIT: This method is now outdated, as now we have stable Oreo RUU for US unlocked, but if you want to convert to WWE from RUU, you can follow this steps.

This is for all people who are in US Oreo and are having stability issues. Be noticed you need S-OFF on your phone.

DONE.
    Credit should go here...

https://xdaforums.com/htc-10/how-to/solution-imei-signal-downgrade-oreo-8-0-t3748999#post75553874

Let`s go back to Nougat

Flash a Nougat RUU Then do "fastboot erase persist" in fastboot then your imei + radio will come back to U

---------- Post added at 07:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 AM ----------

Persist is partition mounted at /persist. It has ext4 file system. DRM related files, sensor reg file (sns.reg), wifi and bluetooth mac addresses are stored there

You don't know how much I love you right now dude. Thanks!!!

What fastboot erase persist" command do?
    What do you mean with "different"?? Sorry the stupid answer but I have spend so many hours on this:D

This is a combined/signed RUU zip.
    They typically include whatever bootloader was needed to prepare the device for the one in the main RUU.
    Sometimes these are contained in a smaller pre-update or small update shortly before the one with major changes, as well as any other files needed to process the RUU.
    Similar to what this RUU was missing, a pre-update hboot to allow the RUU to flash properly.
    They made a similar goof on the Sprint (I forget if m7, m8, or m9) but it was pulled for the same/similar reason.

Anyhow, feel free to try it, or not.
    The choice is of course yours.
    Although I'd be at least a little curious if it worked for you or not, or anyone else in the same boat.
    (Yes it is a FULL WIPE RUU)
    2PS6IMG_PERFUME_UHL_N70_SENSE80GP_MR_HTC_Europe_2.41.401.41_Radio_1.0.U010241a@61226_79.07_F_release_509716_combined_signed_2_4.zip

---
    Confirmed working...

Steps for s-off device:

1. Copy firmware zip to where your adb/fastboot is located
    2. Reboot device into download mode
    3. Connect phone to computer
    4. Run command fastboot flash zip name of firmware.zip(run command twice if have failed message)
    5. Do NOT restart device, immediately reboot to bootloader
    6. Run command fastboot erase persist
    7. Reboot to download mode, Flash RUU for your device IF available.

Alternative Untested but should work fine

1. Copy firmware zip to where your adb/fastboot is located
    2. Reboot device into download mode
    3. Connect phone to computer
    4. Run command fastboot flash zip name of firmware.zip(run command twice if have failed message)
    5. Do NOT restart device, immediately reboot to bootloader
    6. Run command fastboot erase persist
    7. Reboot to download mode, flash twrp for device
    8. Format and wipe device
    9. Flash backup of your devices region
    10. Reboot

2.51.617.32 RUU

2.51.617.32 Firmware

Credit
    https://xdaforums.com/htc-10/how-to/solution-imei-signal-downgrade-oreo-8-0-t3748999#post75553874

EDIT: DOES NOT APPEAR TO WORK :mad:

Untested
    Temporary Solution/Work-Around For Loss of Radio After Downgrade

So you have flashed Oreo and tried to return to Nougat.
    But you have found that you no longer have a working radio and no amount of RUU flashing or factory resets fixes it.
    If that is the case, this may be the only working solution for returning to Nougat, if that's what you wish to do.

Flash the Oreo radio back over the Nougat firmware and run Nougat using the Oreo radio.
    This may well work using a couple methods of replacing the radio.
    The one I am posting is a Twrp flashable zip, that should work for S-Off/Locked users.
    I'm unsure if it will work for S-Off/Unlocked, due to the way Sunshine works in its current iterations.
    To reverse the process, you can reflash whatever firmware/RUU zip you had flashed previously.

If you should try this, please report back whether it works for you, or doesn't.
    Please also include your S-Off/Lock status with your report.

Download:
    HTC-10_3.16.617.2_Twrp_Flashable_Radio.zip

:good: