• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[GUIDE] Downgrade from MIUI Android 11 Beta Stable to Android 10 Stable using flashable firmware

Search This thread

remc12

Nov 18, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
This might help you after realizing that you want to install custom ROM again after upgrading to android 11 MIUI but you cannot install android 10 or 11 based ROM and stuck with either boot loop or android rescue party.

WARNING: This might wipe every writable partition. Charge your phone at least 20% or more to prevent from destroying these partitions.

Instructions:
1. Download firmware from here
2. Download full ROM (either recovery or fastboot) from here
3. Save the firmware zip file it in either internal storage or sdcard. Reboot to TWRP afterwards
4. Tap install and find the zip file in your storage and install. Wait for a couple of seconds to get done.
5-a. Dont reboot yet. Go back to install the full ROM zip file. This time it would take long to finish the installation, then format /data. Reboot.
5-b. Reboot to bootloader. Extract the fastboot zip file and run MiFlash. Locate the fastboot folder, choose flashall from lower right side and click start. Wait until it reboots.
6. All done. You successfully Downgraded your Phone and got backed to Stable Build.

Note: I got 2
anti triggered when attempting to downgrade the phone using recovery and fastboot without installing firmware zip file first. RIP me I guess I voided my warranty anyways so doesnt matter as I already applied some insurance for my device.

TL;DR: Installed Recovery will get erased. Please dont skip steps 5. If you did, please do step 5-a but you should boot at fastboot mode and flash the recovery image. Also note that if you dont want to get your bootloader locked, double check if you choose flash_all and not flash_all_and_lock. You should check your config and remove/disable checkpoint. This would lock your bootloader once that it gets done installing.

Hello.
Thank you very much for the tutorial. I followed your instructions to the letter, the whole process was done without error, however, without positive result, infinite reboots without loading the rom mui 12.08 with android 10.

I had to re-flash a twrp, flash firwmare vendor 12.08, then flash zip miui 11, format data, booting the rom.

In short, I have not been able to go back to Android 10.

PAPalinskie

Jun 23, 2013
Cavite
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hello.
Thank you very much for the tutorial. I followed your instructions to the letter, the whole process was done without error, however, without positive result, infinite reboots without loading the rom mui 12.08 with android 10.

I had to re-flash a twrp, flash firwmare vendor 12.08, then flash zip miui 11, format data, booting the rom.

What region you used previously? Did you tried later and early versions of firmware?

PYCON

Nov 1, 2006
Hello.

So now ? U've not been able to go back to A10... U've to remain with A11 ?

remc12

Nov 18, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
What region you used previously? Did you tried later and early versions of firmware?
Hi, I tried with versions 12.08: fw_surya_miui_SURYAEEAGlobal_V12.0.8.0.QJGEUXM_068c43db4b_10.0.zip and miui_SURYAEEAGlobal_V12.0.8.0.QJGEUXM_068c43db4b_10.0.zip, European version came with my phone made with the layered version. still the method didn't work for me. I note that in Miflash I also use the latest ROM from the same region. I did not try other inferior firmwares or others from different region. Greetings.

ttlog

Oct 29, 2006
Thessaloniki
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Well I successfully flashed 10 back from 11. I waited patiently (!) for the cool down period to pass.
Then I unlocked it with miunlock
I then installed the miflash application. It kept complaining about no drivers found. I tried a lot of different versions but to no avail. Finally I downloaded a version (about 50 MB) from another website that had them preinstalled (it was a portable version. Unzip and run)
I downloaded the tar.gz firmware and used 7z to unzip it twice (one to get rid of .gz and one to untar it).
Selected the folder it was unzipped in miflash, ticked to lock the bootloader again (I'll root at another time) and the process started (the phone was already in fastboot). The process was long (around 310 seconds) and at one time the green progress bar was full but nothing happened. Then it started flashing another part of the phone and the bar continued moving.
After that it booted (slowly as well) to miui.

PAPalinskie

Jun 23, 2013
Cavite
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Hi, I tried with versions 12.08: fw_surya_miui_SURYAEEAGlobal_V12.0.8.0.QJGEUXM_068c43db4b_10.0.zip and miui_SURYAEEAGlobal_V12.0.8.0.QJGEUXM_068c43db4b_10.0.zip, European version came with my phone made with the layered version. still the method didn't work for me. I note that in Miflash I also use the latest ROM from the same region. I did not try other inferior firmwares or others from different region. Greetings.
Try with 12.0.2 or 12.0.6 firmware and get the matching full ROM versions.

Reactions: remc12

remc12

Nov 18, 2012
Xiaomi Poco X3 NFC
Try with 12.0.2 or 12.0.6 firmware and get the matching full ROM versions.
Hi, thanks, the method worked with firmware 12.02. Android 10. After installing the big file via twrp I got a red letter error "failed to mount product no such file or directory", also after doing format data, however, I boot the rom after using myflash with surya_eea_global_images_V12.0.2. 0.QJGEUXM.
Thanks a lot...

fprado269

Jul 19, 2021
People are probaly skipping some steps.
1. Download Firmware small size files
2. Download full Firmware, both - fastboot and recovery (put it on SD card, small and recovery)
3. Install Twrp or Orangefox recovery (download it from somewhere)
4. Enter into recovery and install small firmware FIRST, dont reboot, install big firmware (recovery version) SECOND
5. do not reboot
6. format data
7. Now reboot into fastboot
8. Extract fastboot firmware zip into new folder on desktop
9. Start Mi flash, select that folder where u extracted files and tick "clean only" on the bottom of the Mi flash if u want to leave bootloader unlocked and from drop down menu near that pick "flash_all.bat".

Thats how i did it.
Thanks mate, i follow every step in your instructions. Its work perfectly. : )

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    180.7 KB · Views: 16

fprado269

Jul 19, 2021
good day to all.
im on android 10 V12.0.9.0, from android 11 beta stable.
my phone is experiencing heating issue at lag.
can you recommend stock rom base on android10? not custom rom.
the v12.0.9.0 is bad.
maybe lower version will do.

thanks and stay safe. ☺️

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This might help you after realizing that you want to install custom ROM again after upgrading to android 11 MIUI but you cannot install android 10 or 11 based ROM and stuck with either boot loop or android rescue party.

WARNING: This might wipe every writable partition. Charge your phone at least 20% or more to prevent from destroying these partitions.

Instructions:
    1. Download firmware from here
    2. Download full ROM (either recovery or fastboot) from here
    3. Save the firmware zip file it in either internal storage or sdcard. Reboot to TWRP afterwards
    4. Tap install and find the zip file in your storage and install. Wait for a couple of seconds to get done.

To install full ROM
    Recovery

1. After installing firmware from recovery mode, don't reboot. If you reboot the system it will fail to boot. Boot to fastboot if you fail this step and flash a recovery image. Proceed with next step.
    2. Install full ROM flashable zip from sdcard or internal storage.
    3. Format /data. Reboot.

Using fastboot
    1. Boot from fastboot mode
    2. Extract full ROM fastboot zip file.
    3. Open miflash and locate the fastboot folder.
    4. Choose flash_all. Click start.
    5. The phone reboots itself. Boot to recovery mode and wipe data.

All done. The phone is now downgraded from android 11 back to android 10.

Note: I got 2 anti triggered when attempting to downgrade the phone using recovery and fastboot without installing firmware zip file first. RIP me I guess I voided my warranty anyways so doesnt matter as I already applied some insurance for my device.

TL;DR: Installed Recovery will get erased as I mentioned in WARNING. Please don't skip every step.

Edit: since it made confusion, I split steps for recovery and fastboot mode.
    Well I successfully flashed 10 back from 11. I waited patiently (!) for the cool down period to pass.
    Then I unlocked it with miunlock
    I then installed the miflash application. It kept complaining about no drivers found. I tried a lot of different versions but to no avail. Finally I downloaded a version (about 50 MB) from another website that had them preinstalled (it was a portable version. Unzip and run)
    I downloaded the tar.gz firmware and used 7z to unzip it twice (one to get rid of .gz and one to untar it).
    Selected the folder it was unzipped in miflash, ticked to lock the bootloader again (I'll root at another time) and the process started (the phone was already in fastboot). The process was long (around 310 seconds) and at one time the green progress bar was full but nothing happened. Then it started flashing another part of the phone and the bar continued moving.
    After that it booted (slowly as well) to miui.
    I'm a bit confusing... Links inserted in first 2 points seem to be the same link. So what I've to download exactly?

I'm on 12.0.7.0 Android 10 but I'm curious to try 12.0.6.0 Android 11 stable beta released some days ago...
    Its not the same. First one is cca. 80MB of size while full rom is 2.4GB for recovery and 4.4GB for fastboot.
    I did this method yesterday and its working. No problems whatsoever.
    The only thing i would add is you need both versions of rom - recovery and fastboot. Recovery when you flash for the first time in recovery and fastboot when you flash with Mi flash.
    And my advice is, android 11 miui is really bad. Its not finished, it stutters a lot, u can't use third party launchers with gesture navigation (at least in my case, Nova lanucher), performance is bad.
    Not worth any time.
    Today unlocked bootloader. Flashing 12.0.8.0 (i have 12.0.6.0 A11).
    Everything work perfect. No bootloop, bootloader relock and works fine 👍
    People are probaly skipping some steps.
    1. Download Firmware small size files
    2. Download full Firmware, both - fastboot and recovery (put it on SD card, small and recovery)
    3. Install Twrp or Orangefox recovery (download it from somewhere)
    4. Enter into recovery and install small firmware FIRST, dont reboot, install big firmware (recovery version) SECOND
    5. do not reboot
    6. format data
    7. Now reboot into fastboot
    8. Extract fastboot firmware zip into new folder on desktop
    9. Start Mi flash, select that folder where u extracted files and tick "clean only" on the bottom of the Mi flash if u want to leave bootloader unlocked and from drop down menu near that pick "flash_all.bat".

Thats how i did it.