[GUIDE] [DOWNGRADE] HTC One M9 Nougat downgrade without S-OFF

Search This thread

sabpprook

Dec 8, 2011
Kaohsiung
This guide no need to S-OFF your device but unlock bootloader is necessary!!!

This is for Europe WWE, other SKU's model will work also, but you need find the resources that fit on you devices.

First, something you will need
http://pastebin.com/Jk5fiyy1

#NOTICE: If your device is Marshmallow or Lollipop, just prepare RUU, no need to download OTA package.

There are three part of this guide, please follow the procedure in the VIDEO below.
  • Install TWRP and erase main version (00:18 - 02:06)
  • Flash the firmware which in OTA package (02:06 - 05:08)
  • Flash RUU (05:08)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pD4difj3bkM

Csabesz75

Dec 14, 2009
I have Android Revolution HD 20,0 on my htc one m9 and I want back to the stock room, can anybody guide me with this?

Some dates:
htc\one m9>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: htc_himauhl
(bootloader) version: 1.0
(bootloader) imei: 357226067016196
(bootloader) version-main: 3.35.401.12
(bootloader) boot-mode: download
(bootloader) version-baseband: 01.01_U11440792_97.00.51203G_F
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000
(bootloader) mid: 0PJA10000
(bootloader) cid: HTC__032

with S-ON and unlocked.

Cruz182

Mar 13, 2012
I have Android Revolution HD 20,0 on my htc one m9 and I want back to the stock room, can anybody guide me with this?

Some dates:
htc\one m9>fastboot getvar all
(bootloader) kernel: lk
(bootloader) product: htc_himauhl
(bootloader) version: 1.0
(bootloader) imei: 357226067016196
(bootloader) version-main: 3.35.401.12
(bootloader) boot-mode: download
(bootloader) version-baseband: 01.01_U11440792_97.00.51203G_F
(bootloader) version-bootloader: 1.0.0.0000
(bootloader) mid: 0PJA10000
(bootloader) cid: HTC__032

with S-ON and unlocked.

With S-ON you can't flash any other stock rom that doesn't match with your version.

Your version is 3.35.401.12 , go to this thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one-m9/general/stock-nand-backup-ota-update-collection-t3132698
, scroll down to the topic #5, in the download section, find the version that exactly match with your version, after download the file rename it 0PJAIMG , put in your SD card then bootload and flash it. Welcome back and enjoy snapchat again :D

Csabesz75

Dec 14, 2009
With S-ON you can't flash any other stock rom that doesn't match with your version.

Your version is 3.35.401.12 , go to this thread
https://forum.xda-developers.com/one-m9/general/stock-nand-backup-ota-update-collection-t3132698
, scroll down to the topic #5, in the download section, find the version that exactly match with your version, after download the file rename it 0PJAIMG , put in your SD card then bootload and flash it. Welcome back and enjoy snapchat again :D

Hi,
thanks for your response :)
there is a little problem with finding the exactly matching version for me, because I bought the phone as used and I don`t know what version is good for me :(
It`s any possibility to find what is the correct version for me?

nenebear

Dec 27, 2009
Taipei
Did it also work on OCEAN_NOTE? That's amazing!!
Maybe this downgrade instructure will also work on other Qualcomm based model with download mode.

Yes is great.

兄弟 你的方式讓我的HTC Ultra由1.15.709.*降到1.06.709.* 謝謝!

Attachments

• 040104.jpg
    040104.jpg
    231.8 KB · Views: 519
Last edited:

HyperSquare

Aug 10, 2016
Lollipop downgrade?

Hi, since getting my htc one m9 I have wanted to experience it on older software e.g lollipop. Is it possible to follow the same method as shown in the video, but changing the Marshmallow RUU file to a Lollipop RUU or would I have to change other parts of the method or even downgrading to Marshmallow and then onto lollipop.
Many thanks for any help :)

sabpprook

Dec 8, 2011
Kaohsiung
not work for me,downgrade sucefull, but with corrupt imei and baseband :( im used files for my model (M9 sprint)

Flash the RUU again and see what it happened.

Hi, since getting my htc one m9 I have wanted to experience it on older software e.g lollipop. Is it possible to follow the same method as shown in the video, but changing the Marshmallow RUU file to a Lollipop RUU or would I have to change other parts of the method or even downgrading to Marshmallow and then onto lollipop.
Many thanks for any help :)

You need downgrade to Marshmallow with the guide and then erase main version again then flash Lollipop's RUU.

HyperSquare

Aug 10, 2016
hey, please update if downgrading from Marshmallow to Lollipop worked for you using this method. I'm planning to do the same as well :)

Hi, it worked great and I am now running sweet sweet lollipop. I did face some problems with the RUU which I had to flash with the SD card method (look at "read me" thread for method). However it all worked fine in the end. I hope yours works too!

Reactions: LHTC5 and Conan1986

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone