[GUIDE]Downgrade the undowngradeable phones

Search This thread

berni987654321

Feb 26, 2012
Erding
Hi guys,

I'm very prowed to say that I succesfully downgraded my phone.

I nearly tried everything and nothing worked, always blackscreen
when booting with the old gb bootloader.

The probleme is that some p920s need a special
x-loader and u-boot file which nobody backed up. I just
got them and now restoring to gb will work for everyone.

Use this files too if you've downgraded from su760 ics port
and your having problems with network.

How to make your phone work on gb again:

1. Download this and extract:
mmcblk0p1-4

2. flash complere bootv21e when you are on ics

3. then go into fastboot mode with wkparks omap tool

4. open cmd and go into the directory with the downloaded files

5. type:
fastboot flash u-boot u-boot.img
fastboot flash x-loader x-loader.img
fastboot reboot

6. fix your imei

hope it works for you for me worked nothing else

Last edited:

kidkoala_uk

May 29, 2007
Greenock
Hi guys,

with booting with the old gb bootloader.

Half a hour I read xbsals post the one whiches phones don't boot
after flashing the gb bootloaders would need a special bin which nobody has
because nobody made a backup. But then I remembered my post in samnos thread about downgrading from wrong flashed ics leaks with my first 4 partitions attached.

Do how to make your phone work on gb again:

mmcblk0p1-4

3. then go into fastboot mode with wkparts omap tool

5. type fastboot flash u-boot u-boot.img
fastboot flash nv1 nv1.img
fastboot flash nv2 nv2.img
fastboot reboot

6. fix your imei

berni987654321 I have to thank you I have been using your u-boot.img and x-loader.imgfor a number of weeks it's helped me out on numerous occasions btw I have flashed only u-boot.img and x-loader.img and not nv1 and nv2 and not had to restore IMEI.

using this -P920 Backup Of mmcblk0p1-4 - http://forum.xda-developers.com/atta...8&d=1347623892 (Thanks berni)

This is how I fixed my downgrade problems thanks to you http://forum.xda-developers.com/showpost.php?p=34622060&postcount=909

Last edited:

kidkoala_uk

May 29, 2007
Greenock
i'm very happy too that I uploaded the files elseway I would be self stucked on ics

Likewise mate I stumbled across it after xbsall bootv21e did not work for me then I remembered samno's partition test which in turn led me to your files, I'm so grateful you backed these up. :highfive:

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

have you managed to get CM10 booting yet?

Reactions: big_b0sss

berni987654321

Feb 26, 2012
Erding
Likewise mate I stumbled across it after xbsall bootv21e did not work for me then I remembered samno's partition test which in turn led me to your files, I'm so grateful you backed these up. :highfive:

---------- Post added at 01:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:59 AM ----------

no I flashed bootv21e my backup files and then 21a kdz but it doesn't boot yet, I'm now playing around with my gpt table cause I have probs with internal memory and mounting some partitions in recovery

kidkoala_uk

May 29, 2007
Greenock
no I flashed bootv21e my backup files and then 21a kdz but it doesn't boot yet, I'm now playing around with my gpt table cause I have probs with internal memory and mounting some partitions in recovery

I had the same problem with internal memory, Booted into recovery and factoryreset/data/nvram wipe fixed it for me.

Last edited:

kidkoala_uk

May 29, 2007
Greenock
i tried that still didn't work

Ok I found that flashing the latest KDZ for my provider when wipes did not work fixed this using recovery method from official LGUpdateTool.

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

i tried that still didn't work

Stock recovery or CWM recovery?

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

this can be fixed

lordboo03

Sep 28, 2006
New York
Ok I found that flashing the latest KDZ for my provider when wipes did not work fixed this using recovery method from official LGUpdateTool.

---------- Post added at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:52 AM ----------

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

this can be fixed
will try this now and report back

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

this can be fixed

cwm recovery going to try stock recovery now

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

no dice i couldn't get it fixed either way have you had any luck berni987654321?

SHAMAN.BR

Sep 8, 2012
São Paulo
Hi guys!
I try this procedure but no success... it stucks on
< waiting for device >

I have an O3D P920H, want to get back on GB...
Actually i can only have the ported ICS, but with no bluetooth, no wifi, no calls, sluggish system, phone heating abnormal...

Thanks for the help!

SHAMAN.BR

Sep 8, 2012
São Paulo
Hi guys!
< waiting for device >

Hey guys, good news!!

ITS ALIVEEEE!!!!

Everything its OK!! Finally i could get back to GB with no problems, everything fine, no flaws, no mess...
The message "< waiting for device >" was because i was not on FAST BOOT, but on RECOVERY BOOT:

Just to clarify to someone who needs:

RECOVERY BOOT = no battery, volume UP press, connect USB, put battery (two arrows, sw upgrade)
FAST BOOT = no battery, volume DOWN press, connect USB, put battery (LG logo grayed)

After get into v21e, put usb in debug mode and flash your preferred KDZ or bin/FLS and be happy!

Thanks Berni... You are my hero!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi guys,

when booting with the old gb bootloader.

The probleme is that some p920s need a special
    x-loader and u-boot file which nobody backed up. I just
    got them and now restoring to gb will work for everyone.

Use this files too if you've downgraded from su760 ics port
    and your having problems with network.

How to make your phone work on gb again:

mmcblk0p1-4

3. then go into fastboot mode with wkparks omap tool

5. type:
    fastboot flash u-boot u-boot.img
    fastboot reboot

6. fix your imei

i'm very happy too that I uploaded the files elseway I would be self stucked on ics
    WOW its working Thank u very much

no problem
    Hi guys!
    < waiting for device >

Hey guys, good news!!

ITS ALIVEEEE!!!!

Everything its OK!! Finally i could get back to GB with no problems, everything fine, no flaws, no mess...
    The message "< waiting for device >" was because i was not on FAST BOOT, but on RECOVERY BOOT:

Just to clarify to someone who needs:

RECOVERY BOOT = no battery, volume UP press, connect USB, put battery (two arrows, sw upgrade)
    FAST BOOT = no battery, volume DOWN press, connect USB, put battery (LG logo grayed)

After get into v21e, put usb in debug mode and flash your preferred KDZ or bin/FLS and be happy!

Thanks Berni... You are my hero!

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone