• XDA Forums have been migrated to XenForo. We are aware of several issues including missing threads, logins not working, and more. To discuss, use this thread.
  • If you are experiencing issues logging in, we migrated and software and made it more secure. We recommend trying to reset your password.

[Guide][Easiest Way]How to Root Xperia Tablet Z LP 5.1.1 Without PC and Get SuperSu

gamzekal

Aug 6, 2012
Fizan
How to Root Xperia Tablet Z Android 5.1.1 and 5.0.2 Without PC and Get SuperSu

Hi Guys.I will show you today the easiest way for Rooting your Xperia Tablet Z.I have prepared this video for you.I hope you like it.
Steps
1.Install latest kingroot.apk from attachment(if you have problem with v4.6, try v4.5) and install it into your handy
2.Open the app and click "try to root"
3.Let It Settle (it can be take 2 min or more according to your internet connection)
4.After 3.Step;install Super-SuMe from attachment
5.Open SuperSu me,give the app permission and click to Blue Button.Let It Settle
6.Now Open SuperSu and update his Binaries (via normal)
7.Thats all.It is very easy.Now your handy has root and SuperSu app.

Note:

1)Kinguser app (after 3.Step it creates a app like SuperSu) is enough for rooting but If you want to use SuperSu app on your handy,you should follow the other steps.

2)After Reboot Kinguser app comes back.Don´t give a permission to Kinguserapp
Solution
-Go to root/system/app/Kinguser
-Delete the FOLDER of Kinguser(include kinguser.apk)
-Reboot

Credits

Chainfire|Kingroot| gatesjunior| GokulNC

Latest Cm12.1 Launcher(launcher in this video)
Link:Click Me

rmrect

Oct 22, 2014
Baton Rouge
Problem: I already had SU installed before I did the update to 5.1.1. After I did the update, I got thru step 3 and tried using the already installed SU I already had installed and it would not update the binary. So I installed the SUME and tried it that way. Still SU would not update binary. Tried it several times after several reboots and nothing. Uninstalled both SUme and SU and rebooted then reinstalled SUME and it doesn't seem to work and now SUME seems to freeze up and just sits there. I am not sure what to do. I can't get any of my apps like titanium backup root access. Any advice?

Thanks
Robot

gamzekal

Aug 6, 2012
Fizan
Problem: I already had SU installed before I did the update to 5.1.1. After I did the update, I got thru step 3 and tried using the already installed SU I already had installed and it would not update the binary. So I installed the SUME and tried it that way. Still SU would not update binary. Tried it several times after several reboots and nothing. Uninstalled both SUme and SU and rebooted then reinstalled SUME and it doesn't seem to work and now SUME seems to freeze up and just sits there. I am not sure what to do. I can't get any of my apps like titanium backup root access. Any advice?

Thanks
Robot
flash 5.1.1 ftf without wiping data and cache and try my method again.It will work.You will not lose your datas.

Reactions: rmrect

Itchyfantastico

May 5, 2014
I followed all steps but superSU says that it can't find the su binary.
It is in the system/xbin folder though.
Kingroot 4.5, 4.6 (and 4.65) doesn't show any error, it roots the tablet correctly according to root checker.
Super-sume doesn't show any errors neither, only SuperSU.
SGP321 with latest stock ROM

Any idea how to fix that?

Edit: Tablet is stuck in bootloop after restarting.
Reflash with PC Companion fixed the bootloop.

Last edited: