[Guide] Easy method to Enable Volte (with root) on Tmobile and maybe other networks on Android 11 and maybe 10

Search This thread

juanappleseed

May 28, 2015
ASUS ZenFone 7/7 Pro
So first you have to root. I used twrp and magisk. There are guides on how to do that you can find by searching around.

Then once you do that, follow these directions,

What I did was manually entered all of these setprop commands below, on the terminal emulator app that I downloaded from the play store. First I typed in su in the app and pressed enter. Don't know if that matters but it said it granted superuser rights to the terminal emulator app, which I suppose could be important. I'm rooted with magisk and twrp don't know if that matters either.

setprop persist.vendor.dbg.ims_volte_enable 1
setprop persist.vendor.dbg.volte_avail_ovr 1
setprop persist.vendor.dbg.vt_avail_ovr 1
setprop persist.vendor.dbg.wfc_avail_ovr 1

Then I guess I reset the phone a couple times maybe turned the data on and off and then today it was all working and said volte at the top of the phone. Also vowifi is an option you can turn on as well in network settings. Now in the network settings you can also turn volte ("4G calling") on and off now.

Been testing it on calls and it works perfectly. No more dropped calls from 3G or H+ only call service.

dial *#*#4636#*#* in the phone dialer and click phone information to be taken to secret phone information settings and if it shows LTE under Both data network type and VOICE NETWORK TYPE, then that's another indicator that I got volte working.

You can also type getprop in the terminal emulator and if it says 1 on all the volte and vowifi options that means you enabled these network features as well :)

This is the easiest method I've found so let me know if it works for you. Now the zenfone 7 works in the USA! At least for tmobile I'd be interested for someone with ATT to try out the method and report back if it works or other people with other phone services.

Shout out to @Seosam and the other guys who actually know what they are doing who helped me figure out this simple method!

The pictures attached show that volte is enabled on my device and what yours should look like at least on tmobile for this phone. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210415-000652673.jpg
    Screenshot_20210415-000652673.jpg
    500.8 KB · Views: 170
  • Screenshot_20210414-235728647.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414-235728647.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 141
  • Screenshot_20210414-232359326.jpg
    Screenshot_20210414-232359326.jpg
    589.3 KB · Views: 155
  • Screenshot_20210415-003139568 (1)_1.jpg
    Screenshot_20210415-003139568 (1)_1.jpg
    217.9 KB · Views: 159
Reactions: Seosam

Seosam

So first you have to root. I used twrp and magisk. There are guides on how to do that you can find by searching around.

What I did was manually entered all of these setprop commands below, on the terminal emulator app that I downloaded from the play store. First I typed in su in the app and pressed enter. Don't know if that matters but it said it granted superuser rights to the terminal emulator app, which I suppose could be important. I'm rooted with magisk and twrp don't know if that matters either.

Then I guess I reset the phone a couple times maybe turned the data on and off and then today it was all working and said volte at the top of the phone. Also vowifi is an option you can turn on as well in network settings. Now in the network settings you can also turn volte ("4G calling") on and off now.

Been testing it on calls and it works perfectly. No more dropped calls from 3G or H+ only call service.

dial *#*#4636#*#* in the phone dialer and click phone information to be taken to secret phone information settings and if it shows LTE under Both data network type and VOICE NETWORK TYPE, then that's another indicator that I got volte working.

You can also type getprop in the terminal emulator and if it says 1 on all the volte and vowifi options that means you enabled these network features as well :)

This is the easiest method I've found so let me know if it works for you. Now the zenfone 7 works in the USA! At least for tmobile I'd be interested for someone with ATT to try out the method and report back if it works or other people with other phone services.

Shout out to @Seosam and the other guys who actually know what they are doing who helped me figure out this simple method!

The pictures attached show that volte is enabled on my device and what yours should look like at least on tmobile for this phone. :)
In my mind these setprops are usable without root!
You only need debug mode and can use ist with adb shell

• Love
Reactions: juanappleseed

maxsterling

Jan 25, 2016
Ok now that you've confirmed unable to do these commands without root can you confirm if after activating VoLTE can we unroot and unlock bootloader? The reason I ask is because I heard unlocked bootloader removes widevine l1. Thanks for any advice. 👍

Seosam

Ok now that you've confirmed unable to do these commands without root can you confirm if after activating VoLTE can we unroot and unlock bootloader? The reason I ask is because I heard unlocked bootloader removes widevine l1. Thanks for any advice. 👍
Yes, you can unroot. But to lock bootloader again, you need to reset your phone.
So, unroot yes, lock bootloader no.

Reactions: maxsterling

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes, you can unroot. But to lock bootloader again, you need to reset your phone.
    But if we are willing to reset phone to lock bootloader then this is ok too? When we lock bootloader will the VoLTE changes made remain? Thanks again. Cheers
    I'm not sure. But I think it will reset the modem too. So you will lost Volte.

Hmm I might try since I'm not rooted then!
    But if we are willing to reset phone to lock bootloader then this is ok too? When we lock bootloader will the VoLTE changes made remain? Thanks again. Cheers
    I'm not sure. But I think it will reset the modem too. So you will lost Volte.