• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Guide] EdXposed - Xposed Framework for Android 9 & 10

Search This thread

42n4

Apr 12, 2012
On my H870 EU LG G6 I used Magisk 20.3 on Havoc 3.2 Android 10 Melina Kernel. I installed riru core from Magisk Manager. I download in browser EdExposed 4.6.0 and installed in Magisk Manager. Then in EdExposed Manager (installed earlier) after reboot I download the snapchat version 4.6.4-beta SandHook justin fork and installed it again in Magisk Manager. In EdXposed Manager Download section I found MaxLock and installed it. It is working very well with hidden gui seen only in the EdExposed Manager Module section.

My Magisk modules: Audio Modification Library, KaliNetHunter, LKT, RiruCore, Riru EdExposed, Youtube Vanced black themed.
My EdExposed modules: MaxLock.

Do you know some working and useful EdExposed modules for Android 10 Q? I have tested only MaxLock with its knock code and hidden gui.

Last edited:

riquemonteiro

Aug 21, 2011
www.facebook.com
I have Moto G6 Play running AOSP, and it simply doesn't work for me..

I have Magisk, i install:

Riru and reboot: ok
I flash EdXposed SandHook and reboot: ok

But then in EdXposed Installer it says "Framework not installed"

So i try with Yahfa, and it make my phone go bootloop. If i flash the "edxposed uninstaller zip" or restore backup in twrp, then it goes back to normal, i'm able to turn on the phone.

So, it simply doesnt work for me, neither sandhook nor yahfa. Am i doing something wrong, i mean?

Vivi_31

Mar 18, 2018
Pune
I have Moto G6 Play running AOSP, and it simply doesn't work for me..

I have Magisk, i install:

Riru and reboot: ok
I flash EdXposed SandHook and reboot: ok

But then in EdXposed Installer it says "Framework not installed"

So i try with Yahfa, and it make my phone go bootloop. If i flash the "edxposed uninstaller zip" or restore backup in twrp, then it goes back to normal, i'm able to turn on the phone.

So, it simply doesnt work for me, neither sandhook nor yahfa. Am i doing something wrong, i mean?

Well, try yahfa once again. This time follow what i did and see if it works or not.
1. Uninstall magisk through uninstaller zip file l, reboot and then flash custom magisk v20.1 and not the regular one. Follow the first page for the links.
2. Install Riru core magisk module from Magisk Manager. Reboot. Don't install edxposed yet. Now Install edxposed manager apk and reboot.
3. Download latest beta yahfa edxposed module from GitHub website and not the one from magisk manager and flash it through magisk manager only and not twrp. Reboot
4. After rebooting, it will be active.

Yes, there can be some unnecessary steps which can be skipped but for the 100% success rate do the same. It will be lengthy but no troubles in future.

P.S: Not responsible for any loss. Do at your own risk.

riquemonteiro

Aug 21, 2011
www.facebook.com
Well, try yahfa once again. This time follow what i did and see if it works or not.
1. Uninstall magisk through uninstaller zip file l, reboot and then flash custom magisk v20.1 and not the regular one. Follow the first page for the links.
2. Install Riru core magisk module from Magisk Manager. Reboot. Don't install edxposed yet. Now Install edxposed manager apk and reboot.
3. Download latest beta yahfa edxposed module from GitHub website and not the one from magisk manager and flash it through magisk manager only and not twrp. Reboot

Yes, there can be some unnecessary steps which can be skipped but for the 100% success rate do the same. It will be lengthy but no troubles in future.

I'll try this right now, i'm doing a twrp backup so i can go through this. Soon i update. Hope it works.

EDIT: i just don't think i need to flash the custom magisk since i'm running pie and not android 10, but let's see

Last edited:

Vivi_31

Mar 18, 2018
Pune
I'll try this right now, i'm doing a twrp backup so i can go through this. Soon i update. Hope it works.

EDIT: i just don't think i need to flash the custom magisk since i'm running pie and not android 10, but let's see
Yes that's optional step if everything else fails for android pie. Also make sure to use latest yahfa module which released 2-3 days before. Latest one changelog says it doesn't require custom magisk at all.

riquemonteiro

Aug 21, 2011
www.facebook.com

YES it worked. Thank you very much!

Reactions: Depressed T.Bear

Depressed T.Bear

Jun 3, 2013
Berlin
Just tested the latest releases (finally found some time).

TL;DR
You can savely use the latest version of Edxposed v0.4.6.1 (4510) (YAHFA) with latest Magisk 20.3 (and upcoming releases)! Finally no need for the custom builds anymore.
One thing to keep in mind: You have to switch to 'EdXposed Manager', since 'Edxposed Installer' is no longer supported. After doing that, you have to re-enable all your modules.

I'll update the thread probably tomorrow evening with all information and new install + update steps.

Cheerio

Sent from my OnePlus 6 using XDA Labs

Depressed T.Bear

Jun 3, 2013
Berlin
The application list in EdXposed Manager.

The application list can be set to black or whitelist under setting. Useful, if you f.e. set it to blacklist and check your banking apps which you really don't want to be hooked (in case you installed some shady and/or closed source modules).

Edit: Also keep in mind: Your device is rooted! So any app which you granted root privileges can basically do *everything* it wants. Think twice before you install / use apps like LP - I highly recommend to give root *only* to trustworthy apps / devs, best would be if these apps are open source.

Last edited:
Reactions: andacro

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro

TL;DR
You can savely use the latest version of Edxposed v0.4.6.1 (4510) (YAHFA) with latest Magisk 20.3 (and upcoming releases)! Finally no need for the custom builds anymore.
One thing to keep in mind: You have to switch to 'EdXposed Manager', since 'Edxposed Installer' is no longer supported. After doing that, you have to re-enable all your modules.

I'll update the thread probably tomorrow evening with all information and new install + update steps.

Cheerio

I could not get GravityBox to work on 20.3. Only works on the custom build.

Reactions: Depressed T.Bear
The last time I used EdXposed\Riru on Android 9.0 on my S7 flat (SM-G930F), it was causing constant freezes and lags (but cant be sure if I was using Sandhook or YAHFA) on the device and I was told by either @topjohnwu or @M66B that EdXposed was what was responsible. So can anyone confirm if EdXposed/Riru has matured enough to be considered stable enough?. All I need to work on a new phone is magisk root and XprivacyLua.

iElvis

May 24, 2012
Modville
OnePlus 9 Pro
The last time I used EdXposed\Riru on Android 9.0 on my S7 flat (SM-G930F), it was causing constant freezes and lags (but cant be sure if I was using Sandhook or YAHFA) on the device and I was told by either @topjohnwu or @M66B that EdXposed was what was responsible. So can anyone confirm if EdXposed/Riru has matured enough to be considered stable enough?. All I need to work on a new phone is magisk root and XprivacyLua.

The only issue I've had is that Chrome sometimes freezes and fc's, and that may or may not have anything to do with EdXposed.

husharon

Dec 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
download mode

hi
im with Sam note 9 with custom android 10.
a faw days ago i had to flash the phone from the begining and since the when i tried to flash Riru_edxposed its freeze and its up on the download mode.
i really need gravity box is there any solution?
or maybe there is a module to magisk for back key kill app?

alberturer

Nov 5, 2012
Hi.

Can u update the thread or tell us how to make it works with the latest Magistk 20.3? Please

TL;DR

Cheerio

Last edited:

Depressed T.Bear

Jun 3, 2013
Berlin
Hi.

Can u update the thread or tell us how to make it works with the latest Magistk 20.3? Please

Yes. Basically you can just use the latest versions of riru, edxposed and magisk. No need for custom magisk anymore :)
I'll update the thread asap. Currently I have a lot of stress at work and university 'cause of the Corona crisis - everyone's going nuts. Hopefully I'll find the time this evening, so stay tuned!

Reactions: alberturer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ||| Why this guide? |||
    Since the "EdXposed" project doesn't reveice the attention it should get in our device section, I decided to make a quick guide for you how to get a Xposed Framework on your OnePlus 6 running Android 9 and 10! :highfive:
    I'm not the developer of EdXposed or Riru, nor in any way related to them. Just an ordinary user, who can confirm that it's working on the latest stock OOS 9.x-x with Magisk >18.1 and OOS 10 with a custom Magisk build (20), though not all available Xposed modules work. The list of known working and non-working apps can be found here (spoiler alert: Greenify (beta) and Xprivacylua (beta) are fully working :good:) - better check that thread before you complain afterwards :cowboy:

If you're asking yourself now, what EdXposed actually is, here's the description of the developer solohsu:
    EdXposed: A Riru module trying to provide a ART hooking framework (initially for Android Pie) which delivers consistent APIs with the OG Xposed, leveraging YAHFA hooking framework.
    But what is Riru?
    Riru is a very simple but useful thing. Only requires to replace one system file, it will provide the ability to Riru modules to run their code in apps' or system server's process.
    Got it? :fingers-crossed:

||| Notes |||
    EdXposed is still in beta stage. Not all modules work and some bugs might occur, so please, make backups! At least take a full nandroid backup and save your important data (photos, documents, etc.) from your internal memory in a safe place.
    Even though you don't need TWRP for the installation and usage of EdXposed, I'd highly recommend to have it in place for two reasons: 1. To take backups and 2. To be able to flash the EdXposed Uninstaller zip in case something went wrong.

On Android 10, SafetyNet does not pass! I'll update this thread as soon as a fix is available! Also, if you upgrade from 9 to 10, make sure to deactivate or uninstall all Magisk and Xposed modules. Some of them might not be support Android 10 right now, activate them one by one (with reboot), after the whole upgrade process is done. For example: "Audio Modification Library" and/or "Audio Compatibility Patch" *work", but make recording of Whatsapp voice messages fail. Be aware that those issues might occur until all modules are updated to support Android 10.

||| Requirements |||
    Android 9:
    • rooted with Magisk >18.x
    • optional: TWRP (blu_spark TWRP >3.2.3+ highly recommended)

Android 10:

||| Installation |||
    Android 9:
    It's quite simple, just follow those steps:
    (I flashed everything in magisk, since EdXposed and Riru Core are technically magisk modules)
    1. Download the files mentioned in the downloads for Android 9 section on your phone
    2. Have you done your backup(s)? If not, do it now -just in case!
    3. Flash the (latest) Riru Core zip in Magisk or TWRP (magisk-riru-core-vXX.X.zip)
    4. Flash the (latest) EdXposed zip in Magisk or TWRP (magisk-EdXposed-vX.X.X.X_beta-release.zip; YAHFA highly recommended!)
    5. reboot
    6. Install the EdXposed Installer (EdXposedInstaller_vX.X.X-release.apk)
    7. Done!

Open up the EdXposed Installer and check if the Xposed Framework status is active and "green".

Android 10:
    If you had EdXposed on your device on Android 9 and now just want to upgrade to 10, you don't have to install Riru Core and EdXposed Manager if the latest versions were already installed.
    1. Download the files mentioned in the downloads for Android 10 section on your phone
    2. Have you done your backup(s)? If not, do it now -just in case!
    3. reboot to TWRP (blu_spark >=v9.107)
    4. Flash the (latest) custom Magisk build by soloshu in TWRP (>= v20.0(20001); Magisk-v20.x.zip)
    5. reboot
    6. Flash the (latest) Riru Core zip in Magisk or TWRP (>= 19.5; magisk-riru-core-vXX.X.zip)
    7. Flash the (latest) EdXposed zip in Magisk or TWRP (>= v0.4.6.0_beta; magisk-EdXposed-vX.X.X.X_beta-release.zip, YAHFA highly recommended!)
    8. reboot
    9. Open Magisk Manager, go to settings->update channel and paste the this custom path: "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/solohsu/magisk_files/master/custom_builds/release.json"
    10. Install the EdXposed Installer (EdXposedInstaller_vX.X.X-release.apk)
    11. Done!

||| Downloads |||
    Android 9:
    (at the date of publishing this thread, the latest Riru version is v17.1, EdXposed is v0.3.1.2_beta)

Android 10:

||| Source code / Github links |||
    EdXposed
    Riru

||| Screenshots |||
    unnamed-1.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    Inkedunnamed-3-LI.jpg
    Inkedunnamed-2-LI.jpg

||| Thanks & Credits |||
    @rovo89 - who made all this possible with his Xposed Framework
    @topjohnwu - for his awesome Magisk root environment
    @solohsu[Github] - for his EdXposed and customized Magisk builds
    @Rikka apps[Github] - for their Riru Core
    @eng.stk - for his blu_spark TWRP and awesome kernels
    @Uraniam9 - for his list of working modules
    My Safetynet passes fine on Edxposed on OOS10. Why does it not pass for others?

Edit: Wait nvm, Gplay services must have updated. or something

---------- Post added at 03:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:39 PM ----------

My Safetynet passes fine on Edxposed on OOS10. Why does it not pass for others?

Edit: Wait nvm, Gplay services must have updated. or something

Step 1. Use this build of Edxposed (YAHFA) so you can use it with official Magisk 20.1
    https://github.com/ElderDrivers/EdXposed/pull/354

Step 2. In Edxposed Manger settings enable App list mode
    Step 3. Under Application List. Blacklist both "Google Play Store" and "Google Play Services"
    Step 4. Reboot.
    And Voila! SafetyNet Will pass!
    I'm using OOS 9.0.13 and magisk 19.2. Could someone direct me to flash the files? Thanks

If you don't know how to flash those files, you shouldn't think about flashing them.
    Don't knowing what you're about to do is the first step toward a brick / data loss / someone who is going to complain that the mod in question is responsible for this or that.
    Does it pass Safetynet unlike the previous Xposed Magisk modules?

Yes

@rovo89 you should come back. I wouldn't mind setting up a funding page for you. Seriously.
    I understand a lot changes in the development world on a daily bases. But it would be great if you could share your experties with @topjohnwu and @solohsu[Github]. I think the community would be utterly grateful :)

I'm sorry if I offend anyone by posting this here. Could'nt find a way to PM @rovo89 directly.